• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

Valkrai

Loving the new Hotline Miami DLC, got all the achievements except for Deathwish. Can't find a good crew for it.

Anyway, there was another update today for soundtrack owners adding Evil Eye and Hot Pursuit to it.

colt92

Neo Member
The Steam Group reached 1.5 million members! We have unlocked everything. Wonder what's the ";)" thingy. Another free heist maybe?
One can dream.

The Steam Group reached 1.5 million members! We have unlocked everything. Wonder what's the ";)" thingy. Another free heist maybe?
One can dream.
They probably don't even know. Like they still don't know what they're gonna do with the infamy tree, or when they're gonna do safe houses, or what exactly they're gonna do with the female heister, or if they're gonna add another branch to the existing professions trees or not.

I finally unlocked the deathwish difficulty. pretty cool as it forces me to change my gameplan during bank heists. haven't played shadow raid on solo yet.

Valkrai

They probably don't even know. Like they still don't know what they're gonna do with the infamy tree, or when they're gonna do safe houses, or what exactly they're gonna do with the female heister, or if they're gonna add another branch to the existing professions trees or not.

At least what I've heard the female heister and the infamy tree is coming close after the Old Hoxton Breakout (don't hold me if its wrong), while the Safehouse customization is the lowest priority they have.

At least what I've heard the female heister and the infamy tree is coming close after the Old Hoxton Breakout (don't hold me if its wrong), while the Safehouse customization is the lowest priority they have.
Last they said (which is most interviews that also ask about the female heister) they still haven't decided what to do with the infamy tree. And they said the female heister would be after Old Hoxton is playable, but they didn't say when after. They also said she might come with another profession, and who knows how long it would take to finalize that. As for the safe house, I don't actually give a crap about that one, but it is another example of them throwing stuff out there without knowing how they're gonna follow through with it.

All that being said I like how they handled the game so far. Just pointing out they like to throw a lot of ideas out there without actually having a solid plan behind it, and I imagine the 1.5 million users reward is similar. They might even just use one of their previously unfinished projects and say that was the plan all along.

The Crimefest livestream today had a teaser of the female heister singing happy birthday. I knew she was gonna be Scottish, but she's VERY Scottish.
FBFA35F1212A7E916A8154CD315A9A819040E570

Disgraced

The Crimefest livestream today had a teaser of the female heister singing happy birthday. I knew she was gonna be Scottish, but she's VERY Scottish.
That looks totally sick. I hope the 360 and PS3 versions eventually get updated with all the cool stuff.

Speaking of, anyone wanna play on the 360 version? The griefers are really getting old, and it'd be cool to actually, like, coordinate for once. My GT's the same as my GAF name.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You'd have better luck praying to Overkill for getting all that content PC has on PS420. The PS360 versions seem like a complete after thought now a days. It took you guys... a year(?) or more to get the first six or so months of PC updates? I kinda doubt any of this "Crimefest" stuff will show up on PS360. :/

colt92

Neo Member
Well, looking at the Crimefest timetable, seems pretty obvious that Hoxton Breakout is coming out on the 27th. Let's see what will we get aside from the two clown masks.

Btw, in the past 3 days, like 200k more people joined the Steam official group. It's more than 1.7M now.

Valkrai

Well, today (Something Old, Something New) revealed a skill tree revamp with a new skill system called Perk Decks.

Edit: http://steamcommunity.com/games/218620/announcements/detail/221000653215151241The patch notes are linked here.

For those who can't go to it:

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW
Several changes have been made. Find them below in the log ;).

General
Tier bonuses have been replaced by a new feature called Perk Decks, as described below
Skill changes on all skill trees have been made, as described below
Concealment changes on many weapons have been made, as described below

Perk Decks
Added the Perk Deck feature, described in more detail in-game and on the Crimefest website [www.overkillsoftware.com]
Added the Crew Chief perk deck along with its 9 perks
Added the Muscle perk deck along with its 9 perks
Added the Armorer perk deck along with its 9 perks
Added the Rogue perk deck along with its 9 perks

MASTERMIND
Fast Learner Painkillers
Basic
You gain 15% more experience when you complete days and jobs.
Crew members you revive take 10% less damage for 5 seconds.
Ace
Your crew gains 30% more experience when you complete days and jobs.
The damage reduction is increased by 20%.

Inside Man Control Freak
Basic
Reduces the asset costs in the Job Overview menu by 50%.
Civilians remain intimidated 50% longer. Noise created by you intimidates civilians.

Joker
Ace
The converted enemy gains 55% more health and deals 45% more damage. The time to convert an enemy is reduced by 65%.

Black Marketeer Partner in Crime
Kilmer and Partner in Crime placement in the skill tree has been changed.

Basic
Reduces the cost of all your purchases by 10%.
Having a converted enemy increases your movement speed by 10%.
Ace
Further reduces the cost of all your purchases by 30% and selling items is now 25% more lucrative.
Having a converted enemy increases your health by 20%.

Control Freak Hostage Taker
Basic
Noise created by you intimidates civilians.
Having at least one hostage makes you regenerate 0.03% health every 5 seconds.
Ace
Civilians remain intimidated 50% longer.
Having at least one hostage makes you regenerate 1% health every 5 seconds.

ENFORCER
Bullet Storm
Ace
You can fire 5 10 seconds longer without depleting your ammo.

Carbon Blade
Ace
Attacking enemies with the OVE9000 portable saw wears it down 50% less than before. Saws are 20% more effective. You can use the saw as a secondary weapon.

TECHNICIAN
Combat Engineer
Ace
Upgrades your trip mines with a sensor mode. Enemies that go past your trip mines while in sensor mode are highlighted for you and your crew.

Improved Crafting Tactical Mines
Basic
Your cost of weapon crafting is reduced by 10%.
Ace
Your cost of mask crafting is reduced by 10%.
Special enemies marked by your trip mines take 15% more damage.

Blast Radius Jack of All Trades
Basic
The radius of trip mine explosions are increased by 70%.
The radius of the trip mine explosions are increased by 30%.
Ace
The radius is further increased by 75%.
You can now carry sentry guns and trip mines at the same time. When you deplete your trip mines or sentry guns you will switch to the other one.

Sentry Targeting Package
Ace
Your sentry gun rotational speed is increased by 150%. Your sentry gun is loaded with 50% extra ammo.

Sentry Combat Upgrade
Ace
Your sentry gun receives 50% extra ammunition. You can now reload your sentry gun with your own ammo.

GHOST
Nine Lives
Ace
When you go into bleedout, you have a 35% chance to get right back up.

The Professional
Basic
Weapon stability with silenced weapons is increased by 50%.Your snap to zoom is 100% faster with silenced weapons.
Ace
Your accuracy with silenced weapons is increased by 50% and your snap to zoom is 100% faster with silenced weapons you gain a 15% chance to pierce enemy armor with silence weapons.

ECM Feedback
Ace
You will now instantly interact with a ECM jammer and the ECM feedback duration is increased by 25%. Your ECM jammer has a 100% chance every 4 minutes to recharge itself.

Weapon changes
Added silencer weapon modifications to the light machine guns
Changed the concealment on the Tactical Aluminium body stock for the Rattlesnake sniper rifle from 6 to 5
Changed the M308 rifle base concealment from 6 to 8
Changed the Locomotive 12G shotgun base concealment from 26 to 23
Changed the Cobra submachine gun base concealment from 29 to 28 and the concealment of the 'No Stock' stock was decreased from 2 to 1
Changed the Swedish K submachine gun concealment on the Folded stock from 6 to 3
Changed the Compact-5 submachine gun concealment on the Bare essentials stock from 5 to 4
Changed the CMP submachine gun base concealment from 24 to 26
Changed the Kobus 90 submachine gun base concealment from 23 to 25

it's funny to see all these changes after goldfarb's departure, there is especially some stuff he was against like night&day heists
i mean the man insisted that PD2 was an RPG rather than an FPS, i wouldn't be surprised if he put on hold a lot of stuff that the rest of staff wanted to greenlight

Every perk tree gets the +5 concealment bonus. My Ghost is no longer special :(

What's really cool though is every Perk tree can also get a new equipment, which is an armor changing station.

TheSeks

it's funny to see all these changes after goldfarb's departure, there is especially some stuff he was against like night&day heists
i mean the man insisted that PD2 was an RPG rather than an FPS, i wouldn't be surprised if he put on hold a lot of stuff that the rest of staff wanted to greenlight

It's kinda funny since he was part of the Bad Company 2 team at DICE which a lot of people thought was one of the better Battlefields (though there is a vocal minority that thinks different).

Really just goes to show that he doesn't listen to critics.

Also HOLY SHIT THE ECM JAMMER WILL NOW RECHARGE. Rejoice in being able to use more than one in a heist to actually unlock most digital stuff!? :D :D :D?

Your sentry gun receives 50% extra ammunition. You can now reload your sentry gun with your own ammo.

:O! Game Changer!

Also HOLY SHIT THE ECM JAMMER WILL NOW RECHARGE. Rejoice in being able to use more than one in a heist to actually unlock most digital stuff!? :D :D :D?
I think you're misunderstanding this. The FEEDBACK recharges. Not the jammer itself. So when you set off feedback it'll rearm itself 4 minutes after the feedback ends and can be retriggered.

So it's not a stealth change, it's a combat change.

colt92

Neo Member
My prediction. Character DLCs will come with new Perk Decks.

That's very likely.

I must say, I don't like the main changes they made. I mean, I liked almost everything they changed over the updates, and what I didn't like, I didn't dislike either. The new skills are nice, but the Perk Decks just feel like a cheap way to make us think that they are adding stuff when they just made everything more complicated without really adding anything new.

Plus they screwed dodge. I loved using the Heavy Ballistic Vest with the dodge bonuses. Where is my dooooooooodge!? T.T

He left? When was this? What is he doing now?

NZNova

I noticed they gave the Loco a concealment hit.

Right now I'm able to get to 3 concealment with my car4 and silenced loco. Anyone able to confirm that you can still do that?

My silenced loco is my best stealth friend and I will be sad if it's not so stealth friendly anymore...

TheSeks

Huh. You can't have one of everything now. My C4/Sentry/Medic Bag/Ammobag/Lockpick class is done for. :(

Not that lockpick was ever useful...

Right now I'm able to get to 3 concealment with my car4 and silenced loco. Anyone able to confirm that you can still do that?
It's a 9 without the perk for stealth bonus, which every class gets now instead of just Ghost. Actually without re-earning the bonus yet the only thing I can get down to a 3 is the Car4 and Gruber.

edit: With the stealth bonus though, the Loco should probably still get down to a 3. Might have to drop a scope if you had one equipped though.

NZNova

It's a 9 without the perk for stealth bonus, which every class gets now instead of just Ghost. Actually without re-earning the bonus yet the only thing I can get down to a 3 is the Car4 and Gruber.

edit: With the stealth bonus though, the Loco should probably still get down to a 3. Might have to drop a scope if you had one equipped though.

Thanks for checking, I'll give it a go when I get home. If it comes down to it, I guess I'll just have to give up the 3 if need be, silenced body punting with the loco is just too useful to pass up on.

TheSeks

I'm not even sure what build I can do now. D: Going for more than one tree seems crazy now.

NZNova

I'm not even sure what build I can do now. D: Going for more than one tree seems crazy now.

Yeah, I'd finally settled in on a nice masterforcer build with a bit of ghost for mobility, and they change everything up.

A bit annoyed that my infamy 5 tier bonus now (presumably) means nothing, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Valkrai

Yeah, I'd finally settled in on a nice masterforcer build with a bit of ghost for mobility, and they change everything up.

A bit annoyed that my infamy 5 tier bonus now (presumably) means nothing, but I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Personally I don't think the skills were changed too much. Granted, my build is a Techforcer and a large majority of my skills are unchanged. It just seems like the Technician skill is much more viable than it used to be (primarily because of C4/Sentry Gun skill).

Wow, been a long time since I last played Payday 2. Mostly just waiting for all their damn DLC to go on sale during the winter sale.

Jumping in now, it's crazy how much they added in. Being able to move hostages, hostages giving stat bonuses, and being able to bag one body by default is crazy.

But holy hell that technician change is crazy. Being able to C4 and Sentry, reloading your sentry, and marking enemies with sensor mines. Sentries always seemed gimmicky and I only ever used them for fun, but being able to reload them and carry c4 as well makes them much more viable.

Also played the Election Day heist for the first time to grab me some perk points and see how they work. I really like the level design of Day 2. Seems like a real fun heist on higher difficulties. Have yet to play the Shadow Raid, Big Bank, or Hotline Miami heists.

EDIT: Just noticed that their DLC is on sale for crimefest. Anyone know what Gage Weapon packs are worth getting? I already have the LMG one. I'm thinking of just grabbing the mod pack,shotgun and sniper one. Don't really care for new assault rifles or pistols.

TheSeks

All of them. FAMAS is *amazing*.

I can't even get infinite stamina anymore. Did they remove that? It was like Ace Master Mind sprint. Ghost no fall damage and you were pretty much nearly unstoppable.

Lockpicking still seems shitty and they didn't move it further down the tree to actually be worth trying/buying, meanwhile. Infuriating.

I had like... 10 Mastermind, 7 Enforcer. 22 Tech. 22 Ghost skills before this reset. Now I can barely make that. :/

Valkrai

Wow, been a long time since I last played Payday 2. Mostly just waiting for all their damn DLC to go on sale during the winter sale.

Jumping in now, it's crazy how much they added in. Being able to move hostages, hostages giving stat bonuses, and being able to bag one body by default is crazy.

But holy hell that technician change is crazy. Being able to C4 and Sentry, reloading your sentry, and marking enemies with sensor mines. Sentries always seemed gimmicky and I only ever used them for fun, but being able to reload them and carry c4 as well makes them much more viable.

Also played the Election Day heist for the first time to grab me some perk points and see how they work. I really like the level design of Day 2. Seems like a real fun heist on higher difficulties. Have yet to play the Shadow Raid, Big Bank, or Hotline Miami heists.

EDIT: Just noticed that their DLC is on sale for crimefest. Anyone know what Gage Weapon packs are worth getting? I already have the LMG one. I'm thinking of just grabbing the mod pack,shotgun and sniper one. Don't really care for new assault rifles or pistols.

I would recommend the Mod Courier and Sniper Pack. The Thanatos rifle is incredible in Deathwish but runs out of ammo quickly. The Shotgun Pack is pretty much worthless, considering both The Judge and Loco shotgun outclass all of the DLC shotguns.

I would recommend the Mod Courier and Sniper Pack. The Thanatos rifle is incredible in Deathwish but runs out of ammo quickly. The Shotgun Pack is pretty much worthless, considering both The Judge and Loco shotgun outclass all of the DLC shotguns.

Yeah, gonna skip the shotgun one. Bought everything else except for Hotline Miami.

Been having an awful time trying to play though. Seems like I can play one heist, then every time I try to join a game or start an offline one, I get stuck in an infinite black loading screen. Restarting my computer resolves it, but it's only a temporary fix. Restarting my computer seems to let me play one heist and then nothing after that.

Also the C4/Sentry combo is glitched in online unless you are the host. If you have C4 first, once you deplete your C4, your sentries won't deploy and vice versa. It'll show that you filled the action bar for deploying and it'll remove a C4/sentry from your inventory, but it won't actually be deployed.

colt92

Neo Member
I went from MasterForcer to TechForcer using Armourer perk cards.

I love being so tanky.

Edit: Are these skill the "skills every build needs"? http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBDa:eDa:ghEfCa::

I don't think so. I believe that you can drop "Cable Guy", aced "Transporter" and "Chameleon". If you want to progress further up in those trees, those are good options, though.

PD: There's some new Crimefest stuff about Hoxton Breakout.

TheSeks

Is "Walk-in Closet" even implemented yet? I couldn't find a place to change armors in the heists.

Valkrai

I went from MasterForcer to TechForcer using Armourer perk cards.

I love being so tanky.

Edit: Are these skill the "skills every build needs"? http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBDa:eDa:ghEfCa::

For Ghost, I would say Ace Cat Burglar, Ace Shinobi for your build.

Technician, get Nerves of Steel Aced.

Enforcer is fine although I enjoy Die Hard a bit.

Mastermind is ok.

Personally I think you have a lot of the essential skills but there are some missing.

Edit: The skills I have for my techforcer is here. I do have some points burnt but have to to unlock the higher tier stuff for Enforcer and Technician.

http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mDa:erOlmHiJEfDa:tSOMJEGBcDa:gHfCDa:ibcdea::w48

Valkrai

Well at least we know now what the "An Unexpected Guest" reveal was supposed to be.

Overkill just announced John Wick as a playable character for Payday 2. It also includes a perk system with dual wielding, a new pistol, and 3 sunglasses.

Still very baffled at that ummm....surprise??

TheSeks

Well at least we know now what the "An Unexpected Guest" reveal was supposed to be.

Overkill just announced John Wick as a playable character for Payday 2. It also includes a perk system with dual wielding, a new pistol, and 3 sunglasses.

Still very baffled at that ummm....surprise??

Who?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wick_(film)

Well. That's... uh... I guess it's in line with Payday better than "the Walking Dead"'s baseball bat showing up, but yeah... off the mark a little.

So old Hoxton comes with both a new perk set AND skill tree. Kinda wish I didn't use my respec already :p

Is "Walk-in Closet" even implemented yet? I couldn't find a place to change armors in the heists.
It's equipment. Have to bring it instead of another item.

TheSeks

It's equipment. Have to bring it instead of another item.

Oh, is it? They should reword that better. I thought it was like a persistent "dead drop" support like the bought ammo/medical bags.

NZNova

It's a little confusing. The Armour Bag is a deployable, in place of medkit/ecm/ammo bag etc.

You equip the armour you want to change into on the loadout screen, but if you have the armour bag equipped you'll spawn in a suit, and you can deploy the bag and then use it to armour up.

I'm not entirely convinced of its utility. The weapons I bring on a stealth mission are pretty different to the weapons I bring on a loud mission, and swapping in to heavy armour isn't going to help that much when I'm still using an unstable silenced car4...

NZNova

As an aside, I'm loving my new Ghostforcer build.

Full ghost utility including ECM door opening, (slightly) improved lockpicking and cam loop, as well as all of my shotgun skills, saw (including using it as a secondary!), the whole shebang. The only thing I don't have is ICTV but I never used that anyway, I tend to roll with a suit or light armour in loud missions and rely on dodge. The new positioning on Control Freak lets me get that as well!

I miss Inspire and 2x improved medkits from my old Masterforcer build but that's about it. As it stands, I can go with a full stealth loadout, and still oneshot tans with my silenced loco if shit hits the fan.

TheSeks

It's a little confusing. The Armour Bag is a deployable, in place of medkit/ecm/ammo bag etc.

You equip the armour you want to change into on the loadout screen, but if you have the armour bag equipped you'll spawn in a suit, and you can deploy the bag and then use it to armour up.

I'm not entirely convinced of its utility. The weapons I bring on a stealth mission are pretty different to the weapons I bring on a loud mission, and swapping in to heavy armour isn't going to help that much when I'm still using an unstable silenced car4...

Probably for public games. But it seems limited. If I equip it, I lose my medic/ammo bags or my sentries/C4. Seems kinda redundant.

Top Bottom