• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Payday 2 |OT| See you at the safe house.

looking for 3 more ppl for PAYDAY 2 Career Criminal Edition 4-Pack... i'm willing to host

none of my friends want :(

Why is everyone getting the Career Criminal Edition?! Finding someone to host a normal 4-Pack seems tougher than I expected. Seems like a bunch of online crap you'd never use and an awesome soundtrack for like $20 more. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

BibiMaghoo

looking for 3 more ppl for PAYDAY 2 Career Criminal Edition 4-Pack... i'm willing to host

none of my friends want :(

Why is everyone getting the Career Criminal Edition?! Finding someone to host a normal 4-Pack seems tougher than I expected. Seems like a bunch of online crap you'd never use and an awesome soundtrack for like $20 more. Doesn't seem worth it at all.

You need to find someone not in the US to do it, the CCE is only £5 more in the UK, instead of $20 more in the US. No idea why.

I'd pay gold for PD2 and it's soundtrack since it's made by Simon. Simon makes such awesome sounding music. The blueprints, the CrimeNet discount, and everything else is just addons for the awesome soundtrack.

derExperte

From what I can tell the combat in P2 is more forgiving (I think I saw a regenerating shield?) so that may help with that aspect.

P1 has that too, you only start to lose health after a few hits. But as I said, your dude can take more damage over time, also you learn from where cops are coming from and where you absolutely should not go during assaults, being in the wrong spot can be deadly. So there's a learning curve and the first hours can be stressful, I think it's almost impossibe to get a good impression of the game from playing a short demo.

Furthermore I can imagine that playing this with a gamepad is much harder as fast movement and aiming (headshots) is important and they patched the PC version a lot over time so P1 may play differently on PC than the PS3 version.

Karak

I'd pay gold for PD2 and it's soundtrack since it's made by Simon. Simon makes such awesome sounding music. The blueprints, the CrimeNet discount, and everything else is just addons for the awesome soundtrack.

Ya the soundtrack is seriously listenable outside any gaming which makes it like a mini purchase all by itself. Then again the sound effects also have an insanely high level of polish in my opinion. Sonically this is one of the best games I have played.

Afro

game is preloaded and ready to go.

YxpNdDB.gif

Police presence, position of guards, location of safes, location of cameras, doors open/locked, location of the escape vehicle, etc...

I think all these things can be affected by the difficulty.

You could be drilling into a vault only to find the second door shut so I have another 2 mins of firefights or you could walk straight in and the vault is already open.

you could have an easy heist or the game decides to throw 2 bulldozers and 2 tazers guys at you at once....its all random and fun

Specifics change per heist, but I'll use three heists in the beta for example...

In the Bank heist (for simplicity, Cash version), the map is composed of a single bank building (with a roof you can access) and the streets around it. Firstly, across the map, the number and position of security cameras, security guards, civilians, and misc small safes is randomized, as well as the 'patrol route' of the guards. Where you start the heist from and where you end the heist at are also randomized between several possible positions across the map, and the position of certain important stage fixtures (in the bank heist, this is the main vault, the location of the security room, and the key card for the security room either being on the bank manager's person or laying in his office) have a few different possibilities of what they could be/where they are. Police Assaults when they're attacking is random as well as what they entail. Specifically on this map, when you open up the main vault, there is a chance that the money will be completely in the open with nothing blocking the way, or security bars will be in place you need to drill through as well. In this heist there also are a large number of deposit boxes, which have random contents inside (ranging from useless stuff like a book on rome and a sandwitch to some spare change, larger clunks of cash, or even gold).

Stuff like this change in a lot of campaigns, and there are stage specific things that can change, Another thing that can happen is in some certain heists that are multiple days long, you can randomly get an 'escape' or 'score' scenario, which is an extra stage where you either have to escape with your loot and not get caught, or have a chance to score higher and earn more money at a pitch-stop.

One thing to note is if you're trying to gauge the current mood of the stage, listen to the music. It's dynamic, will be slow and quiet when nothing is going on, slowly pick up and then accelerate and get intense when shits going down.

Thanks guys! Will get this.

JambiBum

Most games unlock at midnight for me EST on steam. Sometimes they won't unlock until 3 am though. Hopefully this is midnight rather than 3 am. Won't know until tonight for certain though.

BibiMaghoo

Most games unlock at midnight for me EST on steam. Sometimes they won't unlock until 3 am though. Hopefully this is midnight rather than 3 am. Won't know until tonight for certain though.

I've been told now that the timer on steam ends at 10:00am in the UK. So people here expect it then.

Furyous

This seems like a good game. This game is available on PSN right now. If I buy this game can I play it now or does it auto download tonight at midnight? What's the PS+ discount on this title?

jou123

Neo Member
While I own the original I never played I much.. Tried this beta and damn what a fun game!! Only thing that annoys me is the inability to close doors..

How do you get planks for the windows?

They are randomly spawned somewhere on the map. Your group should be casing the areas trying to spot their location. After you put on your map someone should run back and grab them before for the assault starts.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I do want to play this, but my time is pretty filled with other games, and then Saints Row will come along.

Think I'll wait to see if the game makes it into Winter Sale.

MAX PAYMENT

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere, I may have missed it.

I have the Beta, but I am unable to figure out how to preload the game.
Is the Beta going to roll over into the full game, or am I overlooking how to preload it?

Thanks.

I just sent all the 360 players that posted GTs in this thread a friend request. If anyone else is picking this up on 360 feel free to add me, my GT is: The Visualizer

I'll be on tomorrow afternoon and evening for sure

Is the Beta going to roll over into the full game, or am I overlooking how to preload it?

Thanks.

The beta you have will be removed from your library comes release and your save will be wiped.

The preload is for the actual release version of PD2 which is located somewhere in your library. If you bought it and don't just have the beta.

BibiMaghoo

Thanks.

No, the actual game should be in your steam list now above the beta. The beta access will be removed upon launch.

If PD2 is not in your steam list, then there is a problem.

Edit: Beaten.

Top Bottom