• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC gamers, what screen size do you use?

What monitor size do you use?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 26 9.3%

Votes: 91 32.5%

Votes: 64 22.9%
  • 43 or bigger

Votes: 99 35.4%

• Total voters

hinch7

32" 4K OLED (Samsung G80SD). Its my first 4K monitor and OLED. Went from a 32" 1440P (G7) VA and its quite a step up. Not quite as large jump as in I expecting, as in for; sharpness - with some sharpening can look near 4K, motion clarity, response and even contrast but still, the extra clarity and PPI is very welcome. As are the inky blacks and near perfect motion.

Use mine for both entertainment and productivity. Its a bit more of a hassle caring for OLED, otherwise enjoying it a lot so far. 4K also super nice though for text, native and uncompressed images and videos.

R6Rider

Gold Member
27" 1440p 144hz monitor as my main. For certain games I also connect my PC to my 55" TV.

Last edited:

Sentenza

My PC is connected to a 27" 1440p monitor (165hz), a 1980x1080 24" side monitor (75hz) and a 55" Samsung 4K TV.
For gaming purposes I use just the first one for the overwhelming majority of the cases.

Last edited:
27" 4K IPS monitor at my desk when using kbm. I also use this for work.

55" OLED at my entertainment center when using controller. Gaming only.

I got a 30 inch curved ultrawide monitor, 1080p.

Sometimes I regret it because most games don't support ultrawide, but then I play a game like No Man's Sky or Cyberpunk 2077 and be like, "damn, this is cool."

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
OP really outdid himself to have the dumbest possible poll. 10 inches missing between 32 and 43.

27 1440p is more than fine for me.

Viewing distance is really the big factor here. I'm with you, 27" at 1440p is the sweet spot and the rest is features/color. Until HDR and Gsync are standard on an affordable mini LED monitor, I don't see much of a point to upgrade.

Pejo

Comfy Couch™ PC gamer here, play on my 65" OLED. Just recently upgraded my rig a few months ago so I can properly push 4k on even modern games, it's really nice.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
32" 165Hz 1440p main(landscape), 24" 165Hz 1080p secondary(portrait), 65" 60Hz 4K TV tertiary.

When I have some money to blow I want to get 2 premium 32" 4K high-refresh monitors and run them landscape side-by-side positioned center and right, then have a 27" 4K high-refresh monitor on the left in portrait orientation for discord and menus/toolbars.

For me 32", 16:9, flatscreen is the perfect screen type for desktop gaming.

hollams

Gold Member
132" 4K Projector - MainPc
77" 4k OLED TV - MainPc
57" 32:9 7,680 x 2,160 Monitor - SimRig Pc

For the last 4 years I almost always used my OLED for all non racing gaming even though I had a projector with a bigger screen because the projector was only 1080P. I upgraded to a new 4K LED projector 8 months ago and since then I've played on the projector 95% of the time.

For SDR the projector is pretty close to my OLED, but for games with really great HDR I will switch over to the OLED.

I upgraded to the 57 Samsung from the 49 Samsung on my SimRig about 2 months ago and the upgrade was so much more than I was expecting. The monitor is awesome for Sim Racing but of course for other types of games as well so now I've been splitting my gaming time between the projector and this monitor.

There are a couple of downsides with the Samsung. One, since it's such a high resolution I'm unable to pay some games at 60fps even with a 4090. Two, some games don't support the 32:9 resolution well. Three, I work on a computer 8 hours a day and really don't want to come home and sit in front of another one.

Holammer

27" 1440/240
Even with weak HDR (600), I'm still very happy with it. If I upgrade I want another 27".
Never got into ultrawides, probably great if I played flights simulators or racing games.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
49" inch

24' inch and 32" inch to the side when I need them

I really hate the 27" inch size 27 is too big for small monitor tasks and too small for big monitor tasks its pointless for me

Paasei

24 inch for now. Still need to get a 1440p monitor as this one is still 1080p. I want to go to 27, which seems like the sweet spot for me.

Samsung Neo G9 57" Mini-Led ultrawide Monitor + 77" LG OLED TV
Donald Trump GIF

Last edited:

Soodanim

Voted 24" because I've recently gone back to my desk to take advantage of G/Freesync while playing Elden Ring on my aged PC.

When I build my next PC I should really get a new TV to go with it so that I can enjoy comfy couch with VRR.

Top Bottom