• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

Zeth

Got my Beta key via email about an hour ago - installing now via Steam.

happytears.gif

Shaneus

Got my email too! And I have to say, just even logging into the special Reiza forum on RD and seeing the last poster in one of the threads is Niels, makes me feel a bit special and excited.

Zeth

I tried that twice and it freezes up to the point I have to run task manager. Guess I need to delete and re-install.

Try pressing enter - there might be an error code hidden by the loading splash screen. Though I think the latest update was supposed to fix it.

I tried that twice and it freezes up to the point I have to run task manager. Guess I need to delete and re-install.

I've had all kinds of similar problems. I deleted and re-installed myself. This time not moving my profile or anything else over. It's working but it's shaky. Beta.

EDIT: Zeth, ahhh! that would be great.

DrTeflon

So far the super V8 feels... easy to drive? I'm not a great driver (quite the opposite actually) and I havent had any issues with keeping it on the road, not spinning out, etc.

Also, 89% funded!

Zeth

Anyone have access to the Reiza developer forum at Race Department?

Yes. Not sure how that worked. Maybe direct link from email activates it? I don't remember how I did it, lol.

Oh ok, fake edit:

If you are already registered in RaceDepartment with the same email you used in the campaign, you should already have your privileges granted there;
If you are not registered on RaceDepartment, please do so with the same email you have used in the campaign to gain access to the devforum;
If you are already registered on RaceDepartment but using a different email, please switch your email registration to match the one you used to back us in the Indiegogo campaign. You may also contact us to switch that around for you, but this might take a bit longer.

I wonder if Reiza actually believed they could reach their goal. Since it's looking close that they will reach 100% I wonder if they are thinking "oh crap, look at all the content we need to develop now!"

TJP

Edit: I have access now 8) So who is who on the RD forums?

It's true, you really don't read any of my posts :(
Hey now! Take that back you heathen 8) I don't have access as yet, hence I asked.

I had to change my e-mail at RD to match what I used for the pledge and I didn't have access when I checked earlier today.

Still love your work Shaneus despite the slanderous comment 8-p

Shaneus

I wonder if Reiza actually believed they could reach their goal. Since it's looking close that they will reach 100% I wonder if they are thinking "oh crap, look at all the content we need to develop now!"
I don't think they think that at all... look at what they've given us already!

So, if I understand the funding campaign correctly, previously they've had fairly high-level access to develop for ISImotor but with whatever they have now, they can do low-level stuff which gives them even greater customisation still (like the off-road stuff etc.). Is that right? And all this helps them in developing their next game in the series, whatever that may be?

So, if I understand the funding campaign correctly, previously they've had fairly high-level access to develop for ISImotor but with whatever they have now, they can do low-level stuff which gives them even greater customisation still (like the off-road stuff etc.). Is that right? And all this helps them in developing their next game in the series, whatever that may be?

I know we will be getting all we were promised, and knowing Reiza probably some undisclosed extras. It's still a massive workload though, hope they budgeted for it properly :)

Edit: I'm looking forward to this offroad stuff coming, but not as much as the not-V8 Supercars

TJP

Indeed. ICK must be confusing Reiza with another developer ;)

You are spot on. Reiza have acess to the isiMotor 2 (version whatever) source code meaning they can replicate what Sector 3 have done and utilise/modify the various physics engines and create their own graphics engine.

From what I've read, Reiza are considering using gMotor or making their own graphics engine.

TJP

WRC 5 has a taken a pasting on RD, I see Mark Reynolds (ex-SimBin/Sector 3) Physics & AI Programmer at Kylotonn Games stated this on RD:

Just so we are clear btw guys, this is firmly meant to be SimCade, the physics engine is not capable of anything more than that in this early stage of it's life, and I would never claim anything more either.... (Not sure what PR & Marketing are selling it as ?) , fun to play with some tail out rally style fun, as a fellow sim racer I felt I needed to share that here at least among other sim racers, while I am a Sim Racer I also enjoy a Simcade title occasionally, I hope you do too.

Looks like Dirt Rally will remain the only 'threat' to RBR for a while.

Shaneus

You are spot on. Reiza have acess to the isiMotor 2 (version whatever) source code meaning they can replicate what Sector 3 have done and utilise/modify the various physics engines and create their own graphics engine.

From what I've read, Reiza are considering using gMotor or making their own graphics engine.
Ah, that's good to know. With what they've done with the relatively limited toolset compared to what we should be getting in the future... holy shit.

Not forgetting that a lot of this tech will surely find it's way into the upcoming Senna title, too. Jesus!

3j9lvAn.png

TJP

He is playing Stock Car Extreme :)

95% funded and there are some new track shots within the RD forums.

Would you guys say that a good way to jump onto the Reiza bandwagon would be to fund their $35 tool pack on IndieGoGo?

Because that entitles you to a copy of GSC and I thought I'd do it while I can.

Cool, I've done it.

I know the delivery date for the copy says August, but some people have been posting about some kind of beta? Would someone mind explaining how things are going out?

Reiza said:
Important notice!

We have decided to give steam keys (or NonSteam serial numbers) to contributors opting in for perks which include digital copies of Stock Car Extreme and/or Formula Truck 2013 right away, rather than at the end of the campaign.

Please contact us at sales@reizastudios.com with the email used for your contribution, specifying your options (which games, and what platform).

Link

Email them now to get your key asap. It probably won't be instantaneous however.

Beta access comes with the higher tier perk packages. For right now, it's just early access to the V8 Supercar which will make it's way over to Stock Car Extreme proper, I'll guess, in a couple of weeks.

Link

Email them now to get your key asap. It probably won't be instantaneous however.

Beta access comes with the higher tier perk packages. For right now, it's just early access to the V8 Supercar which will make it's way over to Stock Car Extreme proper, I'll guess, in a couple of weeks.

Just sent them an email, thanks for clarifying.

Shaneus

Just noticed on my FB feed that they hit 101%. That's so fucking awesome. Maybe the simracing community is finally pulling it's head out of it's own arse?

TJP

Reiza's e-mail from today:
Reiza Studios said:
Update 10 – We made it!

101% and still going strong!

A very special thank you to everyone who has contributed (and may still contribute!) towards making this campaign successful. The incredible enthusiasm we have witnessed towards our work is as big a boost to our team as the funding itself.

We assure you all there will be no efforts spared towards justifying your vote of confidence
This is fucking brilliant news - I'm chuffed for Reiza Studios and the sim racing community at large. Big thanks to Betta Lines, Gamer Muscle and Empty Box amongst others who published videos in the last few days as I reckon this helped with the massive upswing in funds.

Yes indeed. There are several beta access points for the funding:

Those with level 2 funding and above get beta access via a seperate SCE Steam branch to try the newly created V8 Supercar and updated Canadian track and hunt down bugs. I presume the new features listed on the funding page such as tyre modelling and dynamic track feature will also be pushed to this testing branch at some point in time too.

Beta access to the next sim from Reiza - the DX12 powered sim expected in 2016 - requires level 5 funding ($75 USD) to access. Of course that is a long time away from what Reiza have stated on RD.

SCE is pretty addictive. It looks like rFactor, looks like it should FEEL like rFactor, but somehow it just plays so much nicer.

I'm not great at it but being in a packed race is so good. If this is essentially just hacks of the ISI engine then I think I'm on board for whatever they can do on their own engine.

Also, I'm using a 360 controller for the game, is there any kind of input smoothing I can use for the steering? It's got the same problem as rFactor and LFS in that the wheel travels 1:1 with the analog stick, and with the small size of the analog that's way too fast. I can play perfectly fine if I'm precise, but it's so sensitive that I can make the car hop down the track because I can go from lock to lock so fast.

TJP

lso, I'm using a 360 controller for the game, is there any kind of input smoothing I can use for the steering? It's got the same problem as rFactor and LFS in that the wheel travels 1:1 with the analog stick, and with the small size of the analog that's way too fast. I can play perfectly fine if I'm precise, but it's so sensitive that I can make the car hop down the track because I can go from lock to lock so fast.
Try this thread: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/xbox-360-controller-setup-settings-for-gsce.87469/ and this one too: https://steamcommunity.com/app/273840/discussions/0/611698195170617660/

Top Bottom