• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

DD

The presentation in Grid Autosport is great. Codemasters knows what they're doing and even the gameplay is good. The whole thing feels super polished. However like the others it's just not clicking with me on an enjoyment level. I've tried various settings to make it less sim and even more sim.I haven't refunded it yet as I still want to give a little more time. However I've been thinking about this for the last two hours or so and I think I've figured out what my issue is. I think I'm trying to force myself to enjoy sim racing. I appreciate them and like having to properly drive the cars into and out of turns, etc. I think it's the racing part that is the problem coupled with the possibility that the idea of playing them I think is more prominent then the desire to actually play them. If that makes sense.

I've played various arcade racers over the years (and I had to think about the racing games I really spent the most time with and enjoyed the most) and when i finally tried out Gran Turismo (after being unsure about that) and it clicked I figured the natural progression would to be push toward games that were more sim, especially since I was looking for something with better graphics, and I think that's been a mistake. I'm not sure why but I think GT, specifically GT6 as that's the one I have, is just the right mix for me. Which is strange as I was starting to get annoyed by the AI and lack of a real damage model but I think that's what is making it more balanced for me. That the cars are indeed more obstacles then actual racers is disappointing but perhaps a disappointment that ultimately works for me so I can just focus on the driving with the illusion I guess of racing. Driving Simulator. I think I now understand why they named the series the way they did and what they were going for now even with all it's faults.
Do you have a wheel? If it's the pure driving that matters to you instead of racing, you should try Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Formula Raceroom 2 is available for 349 vRP. The car is based off a Tatuus chassis with a V8 power plant.
Only done a few laps so far and it's great fun to drive... BUT the AI isn't having as much fun as I am, weaving around and taking many off-track excursions. Hopefully there's an update soon.

Fanatec are just about to release a lower cost CSL base which, I'd imagine, is why the older stuff has been pulled from the site.

Your best bet is to look at the second hand market for a CSR if you absolutely have to have 360 support in addition to PC. Personally, I'd do as you said, and find a cheapo wireless 360 wheel, and then start anew with a nextgen compatible wheel base.
Hey man, thanks for the reply bro. I really appreciate it :3

So, did they at least state somewhere on their site the fact that they are coming out with this "CSL" base when they removed all the last gen wheels?
-When in this CSL coming?
-How much is a Wheel, base, pedals, and shifter expected to cost?
-What platforms do they intend to support?

And To be honest, I've got all my racing games on the 360, even up to Forza Horizon 2 as I really dont want to get an XBone just for Forza 5 or 6 since they are a step down from 4 in many ways...

1. I'm gonna put $100 down on ebay for a decent new or used Wireless 360 wheel so i can splitscreen in PGR3 and PGR4 and Forza 3,4, Horizon 1 and 2, and all the Need For Speed games that came out on it (in splitscreen). As most of those NFS games cut splitscreen on their PC releases sadly. Kinda funny how the last gen seems to have the highest amount of Local Splitscreen racing games... oh how the times have changed.

2. Then I'll snag a G27 and try to mod it the best way possible for Sequential on the shifter (many ways to do this since I'd rather have the shifter feel of the G27 than the G25), so i can play all my old PC racing games with full native support for the G27.

3. Then I'll just get a decent next gen wheel (probably the CSL) which will hopefully supportPC, xbone and PS4.

I'll have 4 wheels total but itll be worth it for the local splitscreen competitive racing and for the singleplayer PC racing for old and new games and with support for next gen consoles down the line.

Megasoum

Banned

So, did they at least state somewhere on their site the fact that they are coming out with this "CSL" base when they removed all the last gen wheels?

And To be honest, I've got all my racing games on the 360, even up to Forza Horizon 2 as I really dont want to get an XBone just for Forza 5 or 6 since they are a step down from 4 in many ways...

I'm gonna put $100 down on ebay for a decent new or used Wireless 360 wheel so i can splitscreen in PGR3 and PGR4 and Forza 3,4, Horizon 1 and 2, and all the Need For Speed games that came out on it (in splitscreen). As most of those NFS games cut splitscreen on their PC releases sadly. Kinda funny how the last gen seems to have the highest amount of Local Splitscreen racing games... oh how the times have changed.

Then I'll snag a G27 and try to mod it the best way possible for Sequential on the shifter (many ways to do this since I'd rather have the shifter feel of the G27 than the G25), so i can play all my old PC racing games with full native support for the G27.

Then I'll just get a decent next gen wheel (probably the CSL) which will hopefully supportPC, xbone and PS4.

I'll have 4 wheels total but itll be worth it for the local splitscreen competitive racing and for the singleplayer PC racing for old and new games and with support for next gen consoles down the line.

If you don't need the 360 support then go to the Thrustmaster ecosystem. Cheaper than Fanatec, better built and still very good wheels.

I use a TX with the EVO Ferrari Alcantara rim and the TH8A shifter and it's fucking great.

If you prefer Playstation over the XB1 then go with the T300 instead. Haven't tried any of the thrustmaster pedals myself but I heard great things about the T3PA and T3PA Pro sets (I use old Fanatec CSP V1 with an adapter myself).

If you don't need the 360 support then go to the Thrustmaster ecosystem. Cheaper than Fanatec, better built and still very good wheels.

I use a TX with the EVO Ferrari Alcantara rim and the TH8A shifter and it's fucking great.

If you prefer Playstation over the XB1 then go with the T300 instead. Haven't tried any of the thrustmaster pedals myself but I heard great things about the T3PA and T3PA Pro sets (I use old Fanatec CSP V1 with an adapter myself).

i numbered my last post for ease of use in seeing what different wheels I'd buy for different systems and usages.

So you recommend thrustmaster for the #3 wheel? (the nextgen-support wheel?) I'll look into them,thanks bro!

Megasoum

Banned
i numbered my last post for ease of use in seeing what different wheels I'd buy for different systems and usages.

So you recommend thrustmaster for the #3 wheel? (the nextgen-support wheel?) I'll look into them,thanks bro!

No I'm suggesting you buy a Thrustmaster wheel for options 2 AND 3 lol.

The TM wheels work just fine on PC. The only thing they don't do is 360. And you need to choose which side of next gen you want to go (TX for XB1/PC or T300 for PS3/PS4/PC).

Note that you can buy one and then buy only the base of the other one later.

So for example you buy the TX for XB1/PC support. You get the base, the removable rim and pedals. Plus shifter if you want.

Then later on you decide you want to play the new Gran Turismo on PS4. You can simply buy the T300 base standalone for like 200$. The T300 base will work with your TX rim, shifter and pedals.

It's all one big ecosystem with interchangeable pieces.

There's absolutely no reason to EVER buy a logitech wheel if you already have a far superior Thrustmaster wheel.

No I'm suggesting you buy a Thrustmaster wheel for options 2 AND 3 lol.

The TM wheels work just fine on PC. The only thing they don't do is 360. And you need to choose which side of next gen you want to go (TX for XB1/PC or T300 for PS3/PS4/PC).

Note that you can buy one and then buy only the base of the other one later.

So for example you buy the TX for XB1/PC support. You get the base, the removable rim and pedals. Plus shifter if you want.

Then later on you decide you want to play the new Gran Turismo on PS4. You can simply buy the T300 base standalone for like 200$. The T300 base will work with your TX rim, shifter and pedals.

It's all one big ecosystem with interchangeable pieces.

There's absolutely no reason to EVER buy a logitech wheel if you already have a far superior Thrustmaster wheel.
Oh wow! That sounds amazing. I shied away form Thrustmaster wheels because i didnt reallty know much about the brand but now with my Thrustmaster Flight-X HOTAS for E:D I trust the brand much more to give their wheels a look.

Only thing is does Thrustmaster have a full-size or near full-size interchangeable wheel that has as many buttons in addition to the look and feel of the best Leather covered Ferrari wheels or alcantara covered Fanatec Porsche wheels? If so im pretty much sold once my tax return come in early next year.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wow! That sounds amazing. I shied away form Thrustmaster wheels because i didnt reallty know much about the brand but now with my Thrustmaster Flight-X HOTAS for E:D I trust the brand much more to give their wheels a look.

Only thing is does Thrustmaster have a full-size or near full-size interchangeable wheel that has as many buttons in addition to the look and feel of the best Leather covered Ferrari wheels or alcantara covered Fanatec Porsche wheels? If so im pretty much sold once my tax return come in early next year.

I'm glad you asked! lol

Got this bad boy a couple of weeks ago and it's AMAZING.

They have an "Alcantara" edition of the T300 which is basically the T300 base with the EVO 30 rim so you don't have to pay for the stock rim. You also get the T3PA pedals.... This is a fucking amazing deal

817-Ro6d1kL._SL1500_.jpg

BONUS: I just remembered that I did a super long post about my setup in the Giantbomb thread the other day. All the details (with pictures) of my setup

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189571700&postcount=17521

Aaah god dammit. My T3PA Pro pedals were acting up earlier, not registering full throttle and being erratic. Traced it down to the RJ11 style plug. Waggling it would cause the signal to drop out, it seems it's been crimped badly. I managed to push the terminals down with a small screwdriver and it's working fine now but I'd really like to replace the plug. I've found a few online stores that sell the connector with an offset latch but can't find the right crimping tool. Anyone ever changed this connector?

I am so pissed off with TM. The wheel has already been exchanged once already.

Good to hear the R3E open wheeler is a nice drive. Perhaps I'll grab it at some point.

They've mentioned a CSL base on the blog before. It's to be paired with the recently released CSL rim. That's all anyone knows.

So, here's the race on the GP-Strecke although not from TV1/TV2 but from the gyro cam on Corvette's dashboard. 1080p 60fps.

iRacing: GT1 @ Nurburgring Grand Prix-Strecke | Chevrolet Corvette C6.R GT1 Gyro Cam | Full Race

Races are always one lap too short :)

Aaah god dammit. My T3PA Pro pedals were acting up earlier, not registering full throttle and being erratic. Traced it down to the RJ11 style plug. Waggling it would cause the signal to drop out, it seems it's been crimped badly. I managed to push the terminals down with a small screwdriver and it's working fine now but I'd really like to replace the plug. I've found a few online stores that sell the connector with an offset latch but can't find the right crimping tool. Anyone ever changed this connector?

I am so pissed off with TM. The wheel has already been exchanged once already.

I can't believe I never managed to break my connector. When I first got it, I was sure I'd break a couple of them over it's life.

I'm glad you asked! lol

Got this bad boy a couple of weeks ago and it's AMAZING.

They have an "Alcantara" edition of the T300 which is basically the T300 base with the EVO 30 rim so you don't have to pay for the stock rim. You also get the T3PA pedals.... This is a fucking amazing deal

BONUS: I just remembered that I did a super long post about my setup in the Giantbomb thread the other day. All the details (with pictures) of my setup

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189571700&postcount=17521

Wow thanks! So... with that "Alcantara edition of the T300" it doesnt come with a shifter? which ones are compatible?

And is there any possible way to hook it up to an XboxOne (with full FFB support) for when PGR finally gets announced?

dragn

Wow thanks! So... with that "Alcantara edition of the T300" it doesnt come with a shifter? which ones are compatible?

And is there any possible way to hook it up to an XboxOne (with full FFB support) for when PGR finally gets announced?

shifter would be the th8a, there is another called th8rs thats an old one for usb only. for xbox one you would need to buy the tx wheel servo base, the rims pedals and shifter are all compatible

Megasoum

Banned

shifter would be the th8a, there is another called th8rs thats an old one for usb only. for xbox one you would need to buy the tx wheel servo base, the rims pedals and shifter are all compatible

Yeah if you want to play on XB1 then the TX would be a better choice than the T300.

I can't remember if they said if they plan on selling a TX Alcantara edition? They might do it... If not then you would have to buy all the stuff individually.

And yeah, like dragn said, you need the TH8A shifter. Great shifter that you can use in both sequential and 7+1 mode.

Makikou

Races are always one lap too short :)

Hardly in this case, the fact i even got to make it 2-wide for the braking was a miracle in it's own case.
Aston is a much better car around the GP-Strecke. Corvette can definetly hold it's own but if you're going to set a flying lap, the Aston is much more capable of that. Only place where Corvette gets to use it's power most efficiently is coming out of Bilstein-kurve, approaching the NGK schikane. You can also set up a pass for T1 but it's much more difficult coming out of last turn since it's quite technical and i'd say, favours the Aston.

PaulLFC

I'm looking into getting a wheel for PS4 and PC soon, and seemingly it's between the G29 (£160) and the T300RS (~£260).

All I've read up to now points to the T300 being the better wheel - newer technology etc. However some of that was based on the G29 also being £200+ - is the T300 worth the £100 premium over the G29? With suggestions that the included pedals aren't great and the T3PA replacements being £80, the premium only increases further; but if the difference between the two wheels is huge then I'll likely wait and see if the T300's price decreases in the January sales.

My experience level with wheels is virtually non-existent (I had the official 360 steering wheel and that's about it) so I suppose any wheel would feel okay to me, but I'd rather not pay out for the G29 just because it's cheaper and then regret it in a few months if the T300 is miles better.

Thanks for any advice!

Megasoum

Banned
I'm looking into getting a wheel for PS4 and PC soon, and seemingly it's between the G29 (£160) and the T300RS (~£260).

All I've read up to now points to the T300 being the better wheel - newer technology etc. However some of that was based on the G29 also being £200+ - is the T300 worth the £100 premium over the G29? With suggestions that the included pedals aren't great and the T3PA replacements being £80, the premium only increases further; but if the difference between the two wheels is huge then I'll likely wait and see if the T300's price decreases in the January sales.

My experience level with wheels is virtually non-existent (I had the official 360 steering wheel and that's about it) so I suppose any wheel would feel okay to me, but I'd rather not pay out for the G29 just because it's cheaper and then regret it in a few months if the T300 is miles better.

Thanks for any advice!

If it was me I'd go with Thrustmaster. The belt driven motor is a big step up over the plastic gear mechanic used in the Logitech wheel.

Also going the TM route means that you are signing up for a whole ecosystem. So further down the line, if you want to upgrade your setup, you can simply buy new pieces instead of having to buy a whole new wheel.

With the G29 you get an ok wheel (overpriced for what you get imo) and that's it. It's not necessarly a bad deal but you have zero flexibility.

With the T300 you get a better wheel and you get the option to upgrade it later on. You want better pedals? Go for it. You want a shifter? Go for it. You want a sick ass Ferrari Alcantara rim or a Ferrari Formula 1 rim? Go for it!

Thanks for any advice!

The main technical difference is probably that the G29 is using gears where the Thrustmaster wheels use belts for transmission. I will not sit here and say that the G29 is inferior, it probably depends on personal taste. However, I will say that Fanatec (they make the best still humanly affordable FFB wheels) uses belts too.

Edit:
If it was me I'd go with Thrustmaster. The belt driven motor is a big step up over the plastic gear mechanic used in the Logitech wheel.

With the T300 you get a better wheel and you get the option to upgrade it later on. You want better pedals? Go for it. You want a shifter? Go for it. You want a sick ass Ferrari Alcantara rim or a Ferrari Formula 1 rim? Go for it!
Ok, if we're doing direct personal recommendations, then I have tried a G27 once and I own a Thrustmaster TX and a T500 and have the Alcantara wheel add-on. The G27 didn't feel too great, but I didn't try it with the newest games.
On Thurstmaster: My TX could feel a little more robust and not use the cooling fan so often, maybe Thrustmaster has learned from that with the T300 that is basically an updated, minimally better TX wheel. My T500 on the other side feels unnecessary powerful... just my personal opinion as someone who likes his FFB somewhat subtle.

PaulLFC

Also going the TM route means that you are signing up for a whole ecosystem. So further down the line, if you want to upgrade your setup, you can simply buy new pieces instead of having to buy a whole new wheel.

With the G29 you get an ok wheel (overpriced for what you get imo) and that's it. It's not necessarly a bad deal but you have zero flexibility.

The main technical difference is probably that the G29 is using gears where the Thrustmaster wheels use belts for transmission. I will not sit here and say that the G29 is inferior, it probably depends on personal taste. However, I will say that Fanatec (they make the best still humanly affordable FFB wheels) uses belts too.

Edit:

Ok, if we're doing direct personal recommendations, then I have tried a G27 once and I own a Thrustmaster TX and a T500 and have the Alcantara wheel add-on. The G27 didn't feel too great, but I didn't try it with the newest games.
On Thurstmaster: My TX could feel a little more robust and not use the cooling fan so often, maybe Thrustmaster has learned from that with the T300 that is basically an updated, minimally better TX wheel. My T500 on the other side feels unnecessary powerful... just my personal opinion as someone who likes his FFB somewhat subtle.
Thanks both - very helpful. The upgradability of the T300 was another factor I liked so the T300 it is.

Yeah if you want to play on XB1 then the TX would be a better choice than the T300.

I can't remember if they said if they plan on selling a TX Alcantara edition? They might do it... If not then you would have to buy all the stuff individually.

And yeah, like dragn said, you need the TH8A shifter. Great shifter that you can use in both sequential and 7+1 mode.
Thanks for all the info, so in the end it would be roughly $550 USD for the T300 base/wheel and pedals, and shifter.

WHAT IF I didnt have that much money lying around for quite some time and didnt want to wait 4 months for my tax return, and LETS SAY THAT I FIND A G27 for $180USD (new) shipped, should I get it?

EDIT: Fuck me, nevermind...They dont ship to canada! so here you go Canada GAF a G27 for 180$CAD http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX26916

Thanks for all the info, so in the end it would be roughly $550 USD for the T300 base/wheel and pedals, and shifter.

WHAT IF I didnt have that much money lying around for quite some time and didnt want to wait 4 months for my tax return, and LETS SAY THAT I FIND A G27 for $180USD (new) shipped, should I get it?
]

Where did you find a G27 shipped for 180? I'm in the US so can't use memoryexpress apparently...

I want some of these newer PC sims (PCars, AC, rF2, Dirt Rally) :(

I've be reading about the GFX card upgrades my old Dell 9200 can take, the best cards compatible with its 375w PSU seem to be these:

GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Radeon HD 7770
Radeon HD 7750
Radeon HD 6850
Radeon HD 6770
Radeon HD 6750

Which one is the best to go with Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz + 8GB DDR2, and will I be able to play these games with a stable framerate?

MizzouRah

I want some of these newer PC sims (PCars, AC, rF2, Dirt Rally) :(

I've be reading about the GFX card upgrades my old Dell 9200 can take, the best cards compatible with its 375w PSU seem to be these:

GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Radeon HD 7770
Radeon HD 7750
Radeon HD 6850
Radeon HD 6770
Radeon HD 6750

Which one is the best to go with Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13GHz + 8GB DDR2, and will I be able to play these games with a stable framerate?

What's your budget? I think those may be pushing it.

My budget is whatever the best card costs for this Dell 9200 config, I just want to swap the GFX card (Radeon X1300PRO) and be able to run these games at a stable framerate, even if that means running low settings/resolution 720p/just me on track. Possible?

Megasoum

Banned
Ordered the 458 GTE addon wheel for my TX, can't wait to have a more "normal" rim on it compared to the plastic 458 replica.

Nice!

I almost bought it but then cancelled my order at the last second on Amazon.

Did the exact same thing 6 months later when they released the leather version lol.

Really happy now that I ended up cancelling both since they now released the 30cm Alcantara rim lol. That order did go through and it's amazing.

TJP

You'll find the PSU is the biggest bottleneck apart from the CPU (which sims like Assetto Corsa don't like but can work with). Easiest way to work out the wattage is to use a calculator such as: http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html?name=Power-Supply-Wattage-Calculator

A lower end PSU would naturally be a good fit, even a passively cooled card. Nvidia would be my choice because they are generally a lower wattge card however ATI are great for the performance:price ratio

A quality 500 watt PSU would offer a plethora of GPU choices...but the budget doesn't allow for it sadly.

As much as I love Brands Hatch, I've not purchased it for Assetto Corsa and am therefore unable to verify whether or not this rF2 mod is an AC rip. Would someone mind comparing these rF2 images with AC's BH next time they load up? I don't like driving on stolen content...

It looks a little too good.

Edit: Bah, confirmed rip :(

TJP

As much as I love Brands Hatch, I've not purchased it for Assetto Corsa and am therefore unable to verify whether or not this rF2 mod is an AC rip. Would someone mind comparing these rF2 images with AC's BH next time they load up? I don't like driving on stolen content...

It looks a little too good.
I saw the same on FB. The fact is the guy stated "it may be a laser scanned version" which means a rip from either Assetto Corsa or Project CARS (I believe P-CARS has a laser scanned Brands Hatch).

The guy who runs the FB page is happy to post and provide links to stolen content so long as its for rF2 and not from rF2.

I don't mind admitting to DL'd AC's rip of the Nurburgring when PRC posted links as I own AC (as well as rF2, R3E and P-CARS), I drove this version once and deleted it as the scratch made version by Tosch and friends was mostly great and 110% legitimate.

I expect to do the same with this version of Brands Hatch; az it's from AC it'll just be the top layer of the track (ie road surface mesh) that's converted.

TJP

Some guy on the ISI forum was bitching about not having access to the ripped AC Nurburgring.. Tim's response as always is spot on;

"You can probably end that suffering by buying AC as well, because that will give you access to the track in the sim it's legally available in"

Shame the dude running Sim Racing For Life doesn't agree yet he arc's up when rF2 content is converted!

I gave Brands a try anyway, but the AI is missing 4 of the 9 apexes. Good riddance.

Top marks for Tim though. I do enjoy seeing the majority of sim developers support each other's products as best they can. Warms my stone heart.

With Brands out of the way, the next mod on my list is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-hcpc0b1o - apparently it's not using the new contact patch tyre-model though :(

TJP

Full details: http://www.game-automobilista.com/

• AUTOMOBILISTA is an evolution of the project presented by Reiza´s successful crowdfunding campaign in July 2015. Originally proposed as an extensive free update to Stock Car Extreme, AMS has grown further to become a completely independent release from SCE - it will however remain free to everyone who bought Stock Car Extreme up until January 5th 2016.
  • AUTOMOBILISTA is extensively complemented with one of the most diverse selections or racing vehicles to be found in a racing game: only in AUTOMOBILISTA will you be able to jump from a rental kart to a 800-HP F1 car; from drifting a Rallycross Evo X to jumping ramps in a Supertruck; from mastering the driving basics in a Formula Vee to managing a full 24h race in an endurance prototype; back and forth through time with historical and modern content including a sample from several decades of Grand Prix racing

This is not the DX12 powered sim; it's SCE re-released with extra cars, tracks and features plus a new name to attract new players.

TJP

Good news. I see that SRFL has removed all links and mentions of Brands from his feed.
The modder asked for him to take it down so SRFL did. Nothing to do with ISI at all.

The link on the PRC website is still there; the attitude from them is one of "we don't give a shit about the ethics of any mod".

Quick post to recommend the FFBClip app for AC.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-v3-4.14165/

I tend to ignore the main gain recommendation and just adjust until I see ~3% of soft clip. There's so much variance in FFB between cars in AC. About 30% difference between the heaviest and lightest. I really don't understand why both AC and PC ship with such lousy stock FFB settings. It really gives such a poor impression for those not willing to tune it themselves.

Filben

so the T300 it is.
If still need support for that decision: count me in.

Been racing for long time with the G25 and tested the G27. Then a friend of mine bought this T300 piece of awesomness. Okay, the pedals look a bit cheap compared to Logitech but the driving experience... damn the driving experience!! The Force Feedback is so much more accurate, defined. With the logitech you get much noise, much rumble in the back but little you get on the actual steering wheel. It feels just shallow, cheap and emulated compared to the T300.

For years I thought this was a fine wheel with good FFB but I didn't know better. Logitechs aren't bad wheels. I had fun with it. But it's almost shocking how much improvment is possible.

And seeing that the G29 is totally overpriced, without H-shifter, and use the same old technology used before I would never buy that wheel.

Arucardo

Got my GTE rim for the TX yesterday, night and day difference compared to the plastic stock rim on the TX. Very happy with the purchase.

Dave_6

Been racing for long time with the G25 and tested the G27. Then a friend of mine bought this T300 piece of awesomness. Okay, the pedals look a bit cheap compared to Logitech but the driving experience... damn the driving experience!! The Force Feedback is so much more accurate, defined. With the logitech you get much noise, much rumble in the back but little you get on the actual steering wheel. It feels just shallow, cheap and emulated compared to the T300.

For years I thought this was a fine wheel with good FFB but I didn't know better. Logitechs aren't bad wheels. I had fun with it. But it's almost shocking how much improvment is possible.

And seeing that the G29 is totally overpriced, without H-shifter, and use the same old technology used before I would never buy that wheel.

I love my G27 but you're not helping me ;) A few months ago I was thinking about switching to a T300 or 500 but never went through with it as I took a little break from sim racing. I'm now back into it 100% and reading your impressions is making me want to make the 'upgrade' again.

I love my G27 but you're not helping me ;) A few months ago I was thinking about switching to a T300 or 500 but never went through with it as I took a little break from sim racing. I'm now back into it 100% and reading your impressions is making me want to make the 'upgrade' again.

I'm in a similar boat. I went from a G25 to a G27, and have been on the G27 for years now. The G27 feels like silk compared to the G25 (the G25 FFB is ridiculously loud), but I know it isn't even close to the higher end FFB. I am fortunate in that I haven't tasted that higher end FFB in years from last time I was at some demo booth, but the T300 is looking like a great entry point to a new wheel.

Dave_6

Hmm, if I get a T300 I'm going to have to make something work after looking at how the clamp is designed. I'll have to get a picture of my desk to explain it better but I may have to take the center drawer out and see if that would work.

Dave_6

Ok here's a pic of my desk:

I'm guessing that if I get a T300 I can just remove the drawer and it should mount up fine? I got lucky with my G27 and it mounts up great, though the shifter won't.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm... I'm not sure, that might be a tough one depending on deep the hole is when you remove the drawer. The clamp do curve up a bit but it would be difficult to reach the "ceiling" inside the drawer hole.

Hakkelus

Ok here's a pic of my desk:

I'm guessing that if I get a T300 I can just remove the drawer and it should mount up fine? I got lucky with my G27 and it mounts up great, though the shifter won't.

I'm guessing if you sell your desk to a museum you'll have no problem buying any desk+wheel combination you like. :)

Top Bottom