• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

Very interesting read Betta. I was on the verge of purchasing triples a few years ago, and then this little device called the Oculus Rift was announced. I immediately put my monitors on hold and began waiting for VR. I kinda regret forgoing those monitors, as I didn't appreciate just quite how long Oculus development would take.

The button issue you mentioned is something I certainly worry about. The competitiveness of iRacing pushed me towards button boxes and losing easy access to all those wonderful dials will severely impact me in endurance races.

Hmm, triple of VR, triples or VR, triples or VR, I still can't decide.

What changes do you think could be made to the Oculus to make you feel more competitive?

I did give your recommend Ford Spec Racer a couple of laps on my first week and felt that it was a little too twitchy for my liking. However, seeing you and Betta battle it out is certainly making me want to revisit the car. I'll most likely be racing it at Brands and Watkins Glen in August.

I think it's extremely common for new folks to gravitate towards the MX-5, and when they finally get around to trying the SRF, they find it hard to adapt to. With the weight of the engine in the back, it means you have to learn to drive the SRF quite differently. From turn-in to apex is where much of the "driving" happens in this car. Transitioning the car from braking to turning using the brakes and throttle. It's something that has to be learned. Oh, 25% of the series races happen on free tracks. Okayama is the next one in two weeks.

Thanks! :)

It seems like we've got a fair few GAF folks who do iRacing now, is it time we did a new hot lap challenge? Or organise a GAF race? :D
Or an Assetto Corsa challenge, since it's a bit easier to get content for.

Yeah, that would be fun! We can try doing all three of those things. Let's start talking about it. I'd also like to do an Automobilista hotlap challenge sometime too since it now has leaderboards.

I just began IMSA this week, everyone's been very gentlemanly so far. The race a couple of hours ago was abandoned, as I only saw 5 people join, but this one (starting very soon) has 22 drivers.

I actually saw your post on the forums recommending the IMSA series. I'll have to give it a try. Like other people said, it's often best to zig when the majority zags.

I think I've made my decision, and it's triples.

While I really like driving with the CV1 especially in something like AC, in iRacing I'm finding it to hurt, not help my driving. Part of that is the Rift itself, but part of that is iRacing as well. I think their VR image quality is not great. I think their driver body/animation is unusable. I think it still needs work.

It's just hard for me to justify being made uncomfortable by the FoV, not being able to see that great, not being able to see the outside world (button box/keyboard), some input lag, a slight down tick in speed, a box on your face with cords hanging off, so on and so forth. The list is lengthy!

That's not to say I don't believe in VR. Hell, I'm not even totally ready to give up on using it in iRacing, but I have no answer when I ask myself why am I doing this (using it). There is no upside for me, minus the coolness of VR, which is admittedly very cool indeed. It doesn't help me drive, or race any better. On the contrary, it hurts. In fairness, you'll find no shortage of people who say the opposite, but for me, this is how it is. A lot of people will rightly cite the wonderful spatial awareness of VR as being helpful to them, but with decades of 2D racing behind me, that's like granting Alonso the ability to see his front wing. We've long since adapted.

It's just in stark contrast to all the "comfort" I've purchased in the last couple of years as I've transitioned from life-long desk racer. All of it has made it easier to be faster.

Branson

Holy f*ck, somehow I wasn't seeing this post. Really sorry, Branson. I'm an idiot. =x

Thanks for answering!

Hmm, I bought some of the DLCs, and they're nice. The problem is that they're are not integrated to the career mode. Instead, they have their own separated championships in the main menu.

No worries! It's a weird moving thread lol.

Also what's the best way to get into Raceroom content wise? I kind of hate this piecemeal stuff so now that everything is 50% off should I get the track packs plus a series or what?

Just a heads up for those that don't have iracing.

The 1 year sub on steam in showing as £6.33/month but on adding to you basket and checkout it's showing as only £19.03 (£1.59/month)

crop is me failing to use OSX preview to mask my steam accountname.

MNGlbyf.png

Just installing it now on windows box.

terrible

Banned
How's the T300 support for Grid Autosport? I have one on its way to me and might luck up GA while it's on sale.

I only really played it enough to get everything set up and I don't remember if it has a default setting for the T300 or anything but the wheel works fine. I've been meaning to play a few races in GRID for a while so I'll give it a go soon and report back if I notice any issues.

edit: yeah works fine. even the dpad and buttons work in the menus so you don't have to use your mouse.

DD

No worries! It's a weird moving thread lol.

Also what's the best way to get into Raceroom content wise? I kind of hate this piecemeal stuff so now that everything is 50% off should I get the track packs plus a series or what?

It really depends. For example, I'm from Brazil, so for me geting things on Steam is cheaper than buying directly in Dollars on their own store. If you buy packs you'll get a discount, but if you're not interested in everything one pack has, maybe buying the stuff you like separately might be a better idea.

Shaneus

Its a pretty decent season pass and 1.6 GB is nothing these days.
If I was still on cable I wouldn't have the issue. But only had a short window in which to download and play before Game of Thrones wound up, and on ADSL2 it took the entire episode to download.

Hmm, I bought some of the DLCs, and they're nice. The problem is that they're are not integrated to the career mode. Instead, they have their own separated championships in the main menu.
Even Brands Hatch and Donnington? I'd at least assume that the car DLCs are integrated into career mode.

DD

Even Brands Hatch and Donnington? I'd at least assume that the car DLCs are integrated into career mode.
Brands is in the base game. Donnington is not. And the cars don't get in neither.
They're all on separated championships in the main menu, or for other stuff like time trials, quick races, custom championships... But not on the main career.

Shaneus

Brands is in the base game. Donnington is not. And the cars don't get in neither.
They're all on separated championships in the main menu, or for other stuff like time trials, quick races, custom championships... But not on the main career.
Oh damn. And I think I was just trying to think of what tracks were in "Best of British". I know there were two, just couldn't quite remember them. Shame they're not in the base career, but it's not like I paid that much anyway.

Very interesting read Betta. I was on the verge of purchasing triples a few years ago, and then this little device called the Oculus Rift was announced. I immediately put my monitors on hold and began waiting for VR. I kinda regret forgoing those monitors, as I didn't appreciate just quite how long Oculus development would take.

The button issue you mentioned is something I certainly worry about. The competitiveness of iRacing pushed me towards button boxes and losing easy access to all those wonderful dials will severely impact me in endurance races.

What changes do you think could be made to the Oculus to make you feel more competitive?
Difficult to know what has the most impact, but I'll expand on the three issues I mentioned:

Comfort - it's not so much the physical comfort of wearing the device (although it is far from ideal), but a combination of many factors that add up to a lack of confidence while driving. The FOV and latency problems add to this, but it's also about the nature of a technology that shuts you off from the real world, highlighting any mismatch of the avatar and your real body. Being unable to see my hands operating the wheel correctly is confusing, and even though I can't usually see my feet while driving a real car, I still have a subconscious awareness of where they are, and that awareness can be thrown off in VR. There have been more than a few occasions where I've messed up a heel-and-toe downshift because I was momentarily confused about my feet position. iRacing in particular has poor avatar animations, so I have little choice but to drive with an invisible body, which both helps and hinders this mismatch issue (and sadly significantly reduces immersion).

Using triples, I'm more aware of my real body position, giving me more confidence in applying inputs, even if I'm in an incorrect driving position for the type of car I'm using. In other words, a mismatched driving position on triples doesn't bother me half as much as it does in VR. Solving this kind of 'body presence' issue isn't entirely down to VR hardware development. If hand tracking could be seamlessly integrated that would help, but in the meantime iRacing should have much better animation, and ideally you'd have a rig that could physically adjust to every possible driving position.

FOV - it's too low, horizontally. The Rift is estimated at somewhere just below 100 degrees horizontal FOV, the Vive somewhere just above. Both are nowhere near the >180 degree FOV humans have when looking straight ahead, meaning that peripheral vision feels very restricted, which contributes to the lack of confidence. My triple screen setup gives me a >150 degree FOV, which is much more comfortable in terms of awareness towards the sides of the car. Being able to turn your head in VR compensates for this, but it isn't a good substitute in many racing scenarios. Headlook is only useful if you already know when to turn, such as if you've anticipated something entering your peripheral vision, rather than the other way around, i.e. seeing movement out of the corner of your eye and then reacting to it. More FOV is much more useful for racing than being able to turn your head, imo.

Latency - VR and low latency go hand in hand, so input lag is certainly not bad, but it's there. I believe the issue is related to VR headsets using v-sync, with some of the latency mitigation achieved with timewarp. Timewarp takes new position data from the tracking system at the last possible moment and adjusts the rendered frame appropriately, to make it feel more responsive in terms of headlook. But the other inputs, e.g. steering and pedal inputs, don't benefit from timewarp. So while the headlook has near imperceptible latency, there is a more noticeable amount on car controls, and it feels like it's slightly less responsive than when I use my monitors with v-sync off. This is probably a matter of just a few milliseconds, but it is enough to make me feel less connected to the car. I also believe the lag is made more apparent/distracting by the fact that I can't see my real wheel and hands, and instead I'm having to use the virtual wheel as a reference. On triples, I disable the virtual wheel, so I only see my real wheel in front of me, making any latency easier to ignore (it appears to add to the inertia of the car rather than being obvious lag).

So for me, it is a combination of these things, and several other minor points that I won't bore you with, that results in a small loss in confidence and speed. I must stress that I'm being hyper-critical here, and others may not be troubled by any of this. Indeed my team mate on iRacing, who is near alien quick, believes he has not lost any pace on the Rift compared to his triples.

DD

Oh damn. And I think I was just trying to think of what tracks were in "Best of British". I know there were two, just couldn't quite remember them. Shame they're not in the base career, but it's not like I paid that much anyway.

Donnington and Silverstone, I believe. And they come in the Touring Legends Pack. :3

deadfolk

I only really played it enough to get everything set up and I don't remember if it has a default setting for the T300 or anything but the wheel works fine. I've been meaning to play a few races in GRID for a while so I'll give it a go soon and report back if I notice any issues.

edit: yeah works fine. even the dpad and buttons work in the menus so you don't have to use your mouse.

Thanks!

Branson

It really depends. For example, I'm from Brazil, so for me geting things on Steam is cheaper than buying directly in Dollars on their own store. If you buy packs you'll get a discount, but if you're not interested in everything one pack has, maybe buying the stuff you like separately might be a better idea.
Yeah I'm in the US so I'm just wondering. There's so many different ways to buy shit it's just confusing.

So being from Brazil are you more familiar with the GSC/AMS content or do you not really watch it over there?

Shaneus

Hmm. That's all very interesting, and dulls at least somewhat a portion of the excitement I had for driving games in VR. At least competitively.

Do you thing things like FOV and such would make much difference if you were hotlapping (ie. not on the lookout for competitors) vs. competing against other cars?

Darkdeus

Hmm. That's all very interesting, and dulls at least somewhat a portion of the excitement I had for driving games in VR. At least competitively.

Do you thing things like FOV and such would make much difference if you were hotlapping (ie. not on the lookout for competitors) vs. competing against other cars?

I have the opposite experience with the CV1. I find the latency much better than a monitor and the depth and proper sense of speed helps with close racing, especially in iRacing. I'm not an extremely experienced iracer though so I think some people are just used to their current setups. I could never go back to monitors.

DD

Yeah I'm in the US so I'm just wondering. There's so many different ways to buy shit it's just confusing.

So being from Brazil are you more familiar with the GSC/AMS content or do you not really watch it over there?

I don't own GSCE or AMS, so I don't 100% know what's in those games, lol. But yeah, I do watch Stock Car sometimes, but not with commitment like with F1, for example. Sometimes I watch some Copa races too, more sporadically. Stock Car is actually very interesting, with a huge number of cars and high quality drivers. The cars are also nice, looks and sounds good. So it's cool.

I'll pick GSCE probably tomorrow. AMS I'll leave for some time in the future. If they decide to bring the new Stocks from this season, I'll be all over it. Too bad they don't have plans for it.

Shaneus

I don't own GSCE or AMS, so I don't 100% know what's in those games, lol. But yeah, I do watch Stock Car sometimes, but not with commitment like with F1, for example. Sometimes I watch some Copa races too, more sporadically. Stock Car is actually very interesting, with a huge number of cars and high quality drivers. The cars are also nice, looks and sounds good. So it's cool.

I'll pick GSCE probably tomorrow. AMS I'll leave for some time in the future. If they decide to bring the new Stocks from this season, I'll be all over it. Too bad they don't have plans for it.
Is there much difference in price between GCSE and Automobilista? I'd go with the latter for sure, there's enough of a difference in quality of content (and amount) to justify almost any difference in cost.

I think it's extremely common for new folks to gravitate towards the MX-5, and when they finally get around to trying the SRF, they find it hard to adapt to. With the weight of the engine in the back, it means you have to learn to drive the SRF quite differently. From turn-in to apex is where much of the "driving" happens in this car. Transitioning the car from braking to turning using the brakes and throttle. It's something that has to be learned. Oh, 25% of the series races happen on free tracks. Okayama is the next one in two weeks.

I actually saw your post on the forums recommending the IMSA series. I'll have to give it a try. Like other people said, it's often best to zig when the majority zags.
I'll most likely take the SRF out around Brands Hatch in August. Hope some other GAFfers are too!
I think I've made my decision, and it's triples.
Comfort, FOV, Latency
Thank you both for your detailed VR impressions. The minor issues you've raised pushed me from a 'perhaps' to a 'perhaps CV2' mindset. However, I was totally unaware of the forced-Vsync, that's a deal breaker, even with the timewarp tech. Although I'm guessing forced-Vsync is sadly an inherent part of these headsets.

Edit: whatever happened to these kind of monitors? ;_;

ATfDDD9.png

deadfolk

As someone who hasn't ever really gotten into sim racing yet (I'm awaiting delivery of my T300), is it worth picking up a year's sub to iRacing while it's on sale on Steam or will I be out of my depth?

Such a shame there's no demo.

Makikou

As someone who hasn't ever really gotten into sim racing yet (I'm awaiting delivery of my T300), is it worth picking up a year's sub to iRacing while it's on sale on Steam or will I be out of my depth?

Such a shame there's no demo.

There's some promos floating around that might be more up your alley.

PR-GRIPTV promocode nets you:
3 Months of Membership, free Ford GT car (GT3 and GT2 variants that race in Blancpain Sprint/Endurance Series and GT2 in ProtoGT) for 12$

PR-IMSA2015 promocode:
3 months of membership for just 5$

You can input either one here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/SubscriptionChoices.do

Oh, and if you want to know if iRacing is for you, maybe listen to Frank Biela here.
First they talk a lot about Le Mans, and then around 1:52 it shifts into iRacing as a service more.

deadfolk

There's some promos floating around that might be more up your alley.

PR-GRIPTV promocode nets you:
3 Months of Membership, free Ford GT car (GT3 and GT2 variants that race in Blancpain Sprint/Endurance Series and GT2 in ProtoGT) for 12$

PR-IMSA2015 promocode:
3 months of membership for just 5$

You can input either one here: https://members.iracing.com/membersite/SubscriptionChoices.do

Oh, and if you want to know if iRacing is for you, maybe listen to Frank Biela here.
First they talk a lot about Le Mans, and then around 1:52 it shifts into iRacing as a service more.

Thanks! Do you happen to know...if I try one of those and decide I want to sub for longer, can I then stack the sub from Steam?

Makikou

Thanks! Do you happen to know...if I try one of those and decide I want to sub for longer, can I then stack the sub from Steam?

If you sign up through their website, when you have your account all ready etc, then you can attach the game to Steam:

yWvW

But I do not know if you can buy sub from steam. The discount promo is going to end on June 30th for the -25%'s (so on thursday) so i'm going to assume it's going to end on Steam aswell.

TJP

Is there much difference in price between GCSE and Automobilista? I'd go with the latter for sure, there's enough of a difference in quality of content (and amount) to justify almost any difference in cost.
GSCE - $9.99 (need to add another $7.49 for the F-Truck which is coming to AMS).
Automobilista - $27.74

AMS is a great deal at any price as the sim is sumblime with A1+ support. The mods at RD make the cost of the sim even better as you get lots of great tracks (quite a number of Aussie tracks to race the V8's on) and the CART Extreme mod is really great: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/automobilista-mods.408/

In other news, KTM-X Bow RR is coming to R3E: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ktm-x-bow-rr-coming-to-raceroom-racing-experience.123370/

Right now it's the best car in R3E; so rewarding to drive and feel is sublime. I hope the physics guys don't change a thing between now and the release date.

In other news, KTM-X Bow RR is coming to R3E: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ktm-x-bow-rr-coming-to-raceroom-racing-experience.123370/

Right now it's the best car in R3E; so rewarding to drive and feel is sublime. I hope the physics guys don't change a thing between now and the release date.
I know I could just try it myself before buying, but how would you say the X-Bow in R3E compares to other versions, maybe in AC or pCARS.
The AC version seems a bit unforgiving for a car sold to average Joe for track day fun. I remember Alan from VVV saying the same thing about the pCARS version (that I haven't tried myself).

Maybe in real life the track day "fun" comes from overtaking $200,000 Lamborghinis, but in AC when you're on the track alone and don't look at the clock, it's - yes, fast - but more "challenging" than "fun to drive" (or maybe it's just me).

Watevaman

I know I could just try it myself before buying, but how would you say the X-Bow in R3E compares to other versions, maybe in AC or pCARS.
The AC version seems a bit unforgiving for a car sold to average Joe for track day fun. I remember Alan from VVV saying the same thing about the pCARS version (that I haven't tried myself).

Maybe in real life the track day "fun" comes from overtaking $200,000 Lamborghinis, but in AC when you're on the track alone and don't look at the clock, it's - yes, fast - but more "challenging" than "fun to drive" (or maybe it's just me).

It's definitely challenging. I tried to take it around the Nurb and found myself having to tiptoe on the throttle to keep it settled a lot of the time. Luckily R3E has the test drive feature so we can see if it's the same wild ride in there.

edit: While I'm in here and the sale is still going on, does anyone have any recommendations for bike/motorcycle sims (or even "games") to maybe look at? I have MotoGP 08 for PS3 and SBK Generations for PC so maybe that's all I need but I see a bunch of MotoGP games on Steam and don't know which is good. I don't really care about career modes, just bike and track selection.

Wish we had another Tourist Trophy type game :(.

Ark

Well, you guys have certainly stalled my VR hype, so my bank balance thanks you for that ;)

It's interesting really, because on paper a VR headset should be so much better than triples; or at least I'd have thought so, having said that, it's significantly cheaper for me to pick up a third monitor and stand than I thought.

Speaking of triples, I have a 25" 1440p 60hz monitor as my main driver, with a 24" 1080p 60hz as a second, and the third would be the same spec (if not exactly the same) as the 1080 display; would triples work with a larger main monitor? I'd assume I'd have to run iRacing in 1080p on my main monitor too.

I really have no idea when it comes to triples :p

TJP

One of the testers owns a KTM X-Bow (the non-RR version) and apart from a 'curb = death' issue, his opinion is R3E is a faithful recreation.

I think R3E version is a more rewarding drive than either of the sims you've mentioned but I stress the R3E version isn't the road car.

DD

Hmm, I bought the WTCC 2015 pack for RaceRoom on Steam from my work place, and I was intending to buy some more stuff from their website. But in there the stuff I just bought aren't appearing as already bought. Do I have to play the game first? =B

TJP

edit: While I'm in here and the sale is still going on, does anyone have any recommendations for bike/motorcycle sims (or even "games") to maybe look at? I have MotoGP 08 for PS3 and SBK Generations for PC so maybe that's all I need but I see a bunch of MotoGP games on Steam and don't know which is good. I don't really care about career modes, just bike and track selection.

Wish we had another Tourist Trophy type game :(.
Good old Milestone have made a Rossi game but I'd read the steam comments before buying as Milestone console to PC ports have been terrible (I own MotoGP '13 & '14 which run like shit). MotoGP 10/11 was the last really solid MotoGP experience; alas it was a console only game and the developer went tits up 4 years ago.

GP Bikes is a 'full on' simulation that's in a perpetual beta state and last time I looked the company had 3 other sims being developed at the same time with no eta on a finished release date.

I wish someone like Codemasters with Evolution devs on board would make a bike racing sim..sad that a 15 year old Superbike game remains the best of the modern games and GP 500 remains the best all round bike sim for realism.

One of the testers owns a KTM X-Bow (the non-RR version) and apart from a 'curb = death' issue, his opinion is R3E is a faithful recreation.

I think R3E version is a more rewarding drive than either of the sims you've mentioned but I stress the R3E version isn't the road car.

"Rewarding" as in "mastering the hard, un-fun challenge"??! ;)
Not kidding though, the "faithful recreation" thing sounds pretty good. I'd assume a sim-guy who owns one of those must be picky with the handling.

deadfolk

What are the must-have games for getting into sim racing and to make the most of my T300? I have Project Cars and Dirt Rally, off the top of my head in terms of recent stuff.

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer on the whole thing, I'm having fun with it, and overall it is a positive experience. There are enough people demonstrating that they are just as competitive in VR as they are on monitors, and even my case I'm talking about small margins. It's just during those critical moments in races where small margins make the difference, where VR is not as good as monitors for me.

FOV is definitely far less of an issue for hotlapping or solo driving. If I relax into it, without the stress of racing, I can achieve lap times within a few tenths of my best monitor times. And indeed, if you're coming from a single monitor, VR FOV is likely to be an improvement. But I would say that I'm also more comfortable and faster on a single monitor than in VR, because the FOV isn't the only problem.

I'll most likely take the SRF out around Brands Hatch in August. Hope some other GAFfers are too!

Thank you both for your detailed VR impressions. The minor issues you've raised pushed me from a 'perhaps' to a 'perhaps CV2' mindset. However, I was totally unaware of the forced-Vsync, that's a deal breaker, even with the timewarp tech. Although I'm guessing forced-Vsync is sadly an inherent part of these headsets.

Edit: whatever happened to these kind of monitors? ;_;

ATfDDD9.png
Seems to be a fair few kicking about: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/monitors/by-type/super-wide

The forced v-sync thing isn't necessarily as bad as you might think. It's possible that Rift's v-sync is still just as responsive as v-sync off on a slow monitor... like some of these super-wide things!

Well, you guys have certainly stalled my VR hype, so my bank balance thanks you for that ;)

It's interesting really, because on paper a VR headset should be so much better than triples; or at least I'd have thought so, having said that, it's significantly cheaper for me to pick up a third monitor and stand than I thought.

Speaking of triples, I have a 25" 1440p 60hz monitor as my main driver, with a 24" 1080p 60hz as a second, and the third would be the same spec (if not exactly the same) as the 1080 display; would triples work with a larger main monitor? I'd assume I'd have to run iRacing in 1080p on my main monitor too.

I really have no idea when it comes to triples :p
I don't want to put you off. You may find VR is so much better than triples. Many people do.

I believe the middle monitor would need to drop to 1080 in order to make it work. But it won't look quite right because it's a different size, so you'll have a hard time lining things up at the edges. Being two different types of display, the image might not feel perfectly 'in sync' either.

markao

Just to add one more thing before people start comparing them, besides the different models(road/track), they are also on different tires (slicks vs road (AC)).

So they should drive differently, bit more grip in RRE.

Just to add one more thing before people start comparing them, besides the different models(road/track), they are also on different tires (slicks vs road (AC)).

So they should drive differently, bit more grip in RRE.

The slick tyre should be faster but even more challenging close to its limits, meaning it should be even less of an average Joe track-toy fun machine and more of an experienced race-driver car on the slicks.
But in my opinion it shouldn't be that much of a factor as I'd say the differences in tyre stiffness and level of grip-gain at vertical load increase between games(AC slick vs. R3E slick) are greater than the differences from semi-slick to slick within just AC. And I'm not judging here, both feel amazing for my tastes, but are pretty different.

DD

For the people who plays GT3 class in RaceRoom: what's your favorite car, and why? I own an Audi R8 and a Chevy Camaro, and I'm about to buy a BMW Z4.

I think the R8 is too unpredictable and loses control at anything. I bought it because I'm an Audi fan, but honestly I hate this car. Then I bought the Camaro because it was cheaper than the rest back then, and it's actually a very docile car to drive, but also kind of... ehh, too big, it doesn't feel so agile. That's why I'm looking into a Z4. It seemed the best for my taste (small, noisy and handles well).

What do you guys play with? I know you can test drive them all, and I did that, but I'm open to suggestions. :p

Ark

I don't want to put you off. You may find VR is so much better than triples. Many people do.

I believe the middle monitor would need to drop to 1080 in order to make it work. But it won't look quite right because it's a different size, so you'll have a hard time lining things up at the edges. Being two different types of display, the image might not feel perfectly 'in sync' either.

Thinking pragmatically, it makes a lot more sense for me to pick up later editions of a VR headset. Once the technology is more common-place and the gains are more noticeable. For the mean time, I'm going to seriously look into getting a triple-monitor setup without spending excessive amounts of cash.

Also, Steve Myers just posted a new iRacing development blog.

I first started iRacing in 2011. Played it for ~two months, and quit because coming from GT5 with a DFGT wheel & pedals, I was just simply awful. August 2013 I gave it a second go and totally took to it. I've been mostly on and off since ~January 2014 but seeing just how far the sim has progressed in terms of the physics, tyre model, graphics, sounds(!), and most of all the amount of quality content, is insane. We have Nurburgring and Le Mans in the same year?! Current GT3 cars. The FR2.0 (otherwise known as one of the most fun sim cars I've ever driven in six years of sim racing). And now we're getting Dirt ovals and rallycross?!?! I mean Jesus Christ.

I don't know. I'm extremely tired but just amazed at the amount of content, and the speed & quality with which it's releasing, has come to iRacing in the last couple of years - and the future stuff too.That UI update is sorely needed. Oh, and the service is more populated than ever, I swear! So many great series have tonnes of participation now.

DD

So, humm, I bought Stock Car Extreme on Steam and during the instalation my antivirus (Avira) beeped for one certain file in this game. o_ô

DD

Alright, the game wasn't opening. Avira did f*cked the instalation, it seems. I shut it off and asked Steam do verify the files. It found one broken file and downloaded it again. The game opens normaly, but then it crashes on the main meu after a few seconds.

Sh*t, I was so interested in that Cart Extreme mod. =c

Top Bottom