• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Racing Sims Thread

Zeth

Sounds like a partnership that might involve licensing AC for use at Porsche race centers? Now I feel bad for flaming people who posted videos of sim rigs running AC at Porsche like it meant anything.

The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.

The partnership with Porsche will allow them to use Assetto Corsa to give the chance to its customers, fans and motorsport enthusiasts, to drive its newest models and to prepare for the Porsche driving experience in several Porsche race centers and dealer events worldwide. Porsche are working closely with Kunos Simulazioni to provide the most accurate Porsche virtual experience ever.

"We do the same thing for Ferrari" "Great, where do I sign?"

Now that's how you parlay.

Shaneus

Don't worry, I didn't get it that way (never crossed my mind). You're one of the coolest guys here on Gaf, know that. ;)

About the game, is it weird that this is the one that I have most hype instead of Forza Horizon 3 and GT Sports?
Aw shucks :)

And it's not weird. For the first time in a long time, it looks like they know what they're doing. That, and I think the last guy who helmed most of the F1 games prior to the last one or two was bad for the brand. It's needed a property career mode for yonks.

Also excited about the Porsche DLC for AC too. When is "fall" exactly?

Aw shucks :)

And it's not weird. For the first time in a long time, it looks like they know what they're doing. That, and I think the last guy who helmed most of the F1 games prior to the last one or two was bad for the brand. It's needed a property career mode for yonks.

Also excited about the Porsche DLC for AC too. When is "fall" exactly?

Assuming Italy's seasons aren't too far off the UK, September-late November.

Mascot

Wow, did not expect Kunos to acquire the holy grail of licenses.
Well done!

Have EA lost control of it (pleasepleaseplease)? I know they charged a fortune to sublet it to Turn 10, which is why the Porsche expansions in Forza were so bloody expensive.

Have EA lost control of it (pleasepleaseplease)? I know they charged a fortune to sublet it to Turn 10, which is why the Porsche expansions in Forza were so bloody expensive.
They have to have, right?

I know AC has done well but I highly doubt Kunos can cough up what EA expects for the deal can they? It's not like they have the infinite wallets of Microsoft publishing for them.

saladine1

Perhaps that rumor about Turn 10 buying Kunos has some credence to it lol..

Watevaman

Maybe there's a clause in the Porsche contract between them and EA that states they can license out if there's some type of usage by Porsche as well? If Porsche is running AC for their sims (correct?), maybe they had a say in how the interaction went down.

Dave_6

Amazing news! There wasn't the slightest thought that the announcement today would be for the Porsche license. Wow.

There were two fantastic mods in progress (917/30 and Patrik Sander's 962c) that seemed to stop having updates a while back. Guess I know why now. Patrik's 787B was confirmed to go official in one of the upcoming packs.

Mascot

In the reveal video (here) it says 'Assetto Corsa welcomes back Porsche'. Were Porsche in at some point in the past?

Love the Inception horns in that video, btw.

Zeth

In the reveal video (here) it says 'Assetto Corsa welcomes back Porsche'. Were Porsche in at some point in the past?

Big balls on these Kunos fellas - I think the implication is they're welcoming the brand back to sim racing.

GTPlanet article about the license expiring in 2016 was published a year ago , practically to the day. Interesting. https://www.gtplanet.net/porsches-e...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Also:
hypercars-bg.jpg

Arucardo

Oh shit, my favorite nordschleife simulator getting Porsches? Will buy both dlc packs the second they're out.

Never thought twice about buying the AC dlc, always been worth what they're asking for it.

Dave_6

Oh shit, my favorite nordschleife simulator getting Porsches? Will buy both dlc packs the second they're out.

Never thought twice about buying the AC dlc, always been worth what they're asking for it.

Yep, their DLC is either free or an outstanding value.

I think they botched the math which is funny.

Today, Kunos Simulazioni and 505 Games​ are proud to announce that after more than 12 years away from the sim-racing world, the Porsche​ Brand will be available as exclusive DLC content available for the PC and forthcoming console editions of Assetto Corsa.

GTR and GTL both had Porsches, and both came out 11 years ago. Perhaps the contract was signed 12 though.

I think they botched the math which is funny.

GTR and GTL both had Porsches, and both came out 11 years ago. Perhaps the contract was signed 12 though.
GTR2 had Porsches too, and that was less than 10 years ago. Perhaps they're not talking about the Simbin games, as those didn't have the Porsche licence, it was a sneaky FIA GT licence... but what else could they be talking about? I got nothin'

Mascot

I think we would have heard specifics if the blanket EA deal really had expired.

I'm thinking the AC deal is a one-off driven by Porsche.

markao

That's amazing :p

Bit late, to much real racing to keep track at this week, but awesome to see Porsche opening up their licensing a bit and cannot wait to A, see what models Kunos and team pick and B to try them out!

AxeMan

I know I've asked this before in this thread but I think I've confused myself now. Hoping someone can set me straight.

I'm about to build a new PC for iRacing and I want to do a triple monitor setup. I started to do some research on which GPU would suit and then find some monitors for it. I read somewhere that it's best to get a GPU that can do 5760 x 1080 (I assume this is as 5760 is 3 x 1920) Problem is I can't find a video card that can do that resolution.
Then I read some stuff about Nvidia Surround and that this needs to run so to make sure the GPU can do that as well.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't I be able to get away with a GPU that can do 1920 x 1080?
In my mind a video card that can drive 3 monitors at 1920 x 1080 would be ok. I want to pair it with 3 x 24" monitors (or bigger if it's worth it).

So basically I'm just after the recommended setup for 3 monitor racing in iRacing.
What GPU would be best?
What monitors would be best?
What resolution would be best?

Just for information's sake I've got an Obutto R3v.

Jilt

I know I've asked this before in this thread but I think I've confused myself now. Hoping someone can set me straight.

I'm about to build a new PC for iRacing and I want to do a triple monitor setup. I started to do some research on which GPU would suit and then find some monitors for it. I read somewhere that it's best to get a GPU that can do 5760 x 1080 (I assume this is as 5760 is 3 x 1920) Problem is I can't find a video card that can do that resolution.
Then I read some stuff about Nvidia Surround and that this needs to run so to make sure the GPU can do that as well.

Am I missing something? Wouldn't I be able to get away with a GPU that can do 1920 x 1080?
In my mind a video card that can drive 3 monitors at 1920 x 1080 would be ok. I want to pair it with 3 x 24" monitors (or bigger if it's worth it).

So basically I'm just after the recommended setup for 3 monitor racing in iRacing.
What GPU would be best?

24" of 27" is fine! Full HD, so 1080P is the way to go.
You need at least a GTX970 for that.

Makikou

What GPU would be best?

I'd go for this, I just prefer 24" but i bet 27" is great.
3x 24" 1080p screens, go for gaming screens with 1ms input lag and preferably 144hz imo.
A used 970 / 980Ti will work fine here, people start selling these now since they want the new 1070/1080 gpu's. Of course a 1070 will be very good aswell or if you can splurge, a 1080.

M

Ark

So it seems I missed the news that iracing has upped it's cost by $1 a month, and stopped doing the big sales. Wish I'd bought as many years as possible in the 50% last year. Oh well. I'm subbed until January 2017 at the moment, but I'll most likely end up buying two-years with the 25% deal going on right now.

Need to get back into iracing.

So it seems I missed the news that iracing has upped it's cost by $1 a month, and stopped doing the big sales. Wish I'd bought as many years as possible in the 50% last year. Oh well. I'm subbed until January 2017 at the moment, but I'll most likely end up buying two-years with the 25% deal going on right now.

Need to get back into iracing.
I imagine they'll still do 50% off yearly memberships around Black Friday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRJKBh1wCo

Top Bottom