• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGGLE 2 |OT| THE BEST GAME EVER...AGAIN.

parasight

Peggle 2, Starbound and Walking Dead Season 2 in one month. Can't remember a December so packed with such hyped games before.

WiCkEd_Co

Damn it 3 day weekend and it comes out on the last day, also my Xbox better stop booting me to the dash midgame or I will be piss if I can't get my peggle on.

Well I didnt believe that they would figure out a way to do it but somehow they did find a way to still not make the game board fullscreen. Kudos Popcap. I wont doubt you again.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The hype was the same for PvZ2...then people found out it was an IAP nightmare. What are the chances they're pulling the same shenanigans here?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The hype was the same for PvZ2...then people found out it was an IAP nightmare. What are the chances they're pulling the same shenanigans here?

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Unlike Peggle 2, PvZ2 is a straight-up F2P title. That's been PopCap's business model on mobile platforms over the past couple years (Bookworm Heroes, Bejeweled Blitz, Solitaire Blitz, PvZ2), but they haven't attempted it on consoles yet. I would wager that if PvZ2 ever makes it over to consoles, it will be a good bit different than the F2P mobile version.

BondFancy

I remember hearing so much about Peggle, then saying to myself "psssstttt another PopCap game what's it gonna be like this time"...then I got it for free for Iphone, that was eye opening folks, I can't wait to pick that up online, its gonna suck my life away again! The satisfaction of hearing Ode to Joy after beating a brutal level is unrivaled!

Look up Peggle 2 in the store and check out a bunch of game clips of people playing!

My favorite was one called "Watch the goats". Just set the tag filter to Funny and you'll see it. I won't spoil it but I thought it was hilarious.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
12:01 on my xb1 dash, and still can't download it.. I was hoping for midnight downloads :(

Atomski

Probably pick it up on PC eventually. What a dumb game to have a timed exclusive on.. MS must be desperate.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I hate that the title is listed in the new release section but you cannot purchase it yet.

I don't mind it, that makes it easier to find/pin it so I can get to it faster when the download is available..

Bsigg12

I don't mind it, that makes it easier to find/pin it so I can get to it faster when the download is available..

Yea, ive had it pinned for a few days. If you follow any reviewers, you can see it early and get to the store page of the game if you want to pin it.

Vire

Annoying as all hell that this is exclusive. Controller doesn't even suit this game.

Want to play this on PC/Mac. :(

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Annoying as all hell that this is exclusive. Controller doesn't even suit this game.

You're literally just aiming along an arc and pressing a single button to fire. How does a controller not suit this game? It's great with a controller.

Picking this up at some point tomorrow :D

Oscar

It's a timed exclusive. For how long? No idea. I expect it to hit the iPad/Android market ASAP and then to PC/Ps4 later.

Atomski

You're literally just aiming along an arc and pressing a single button to fire. How does a controller not suit this game? It's great with a controller.

Not that a controller is bad for this.. but it feels slow and inaccurate. Id also much rather play it with a mouse. It may be a small difference but it feels right.

Vire

I tried the 360 version of Peggle and it's poo by comparison. Performing advanced shots requires placing the cursor in extremely specific locations, something that is simply not ideal with the sensitivity of an analog. You can pick an exact pixel with a mouse to place your shot.

This game is simply much better with a mouse. That being said, the console version is probably better than the touch versions since when you remove your finger it often moves the shot you lined up ever so slightly.

FaidSint

I lived and breathed Peggle Nights during sophomore year of college. I beat Story mode, Mastered every challenge, 100%'d every board, and got the Master Score on every board. I also did this with all of the Peggle Nights holiday DLC, and the Peggle Extreme Half Life game. I actually recently bought the original Peggle and am currently mastering them all now, but its pretty easy.

I can't wait for Peggle 2 to come out on PC. It's smooth as hell with a mouse. IDK about an analog stick or touch screen.

I tried the 360 version of Peggle and it's poo by comparison. Performing advanced shots requires placing the cursor in extremely specific locations, something that is simply not ideal with the sensitivity of an analog. You can pick an exact pixel with a mouse to place your shot.

This game is simply much better with a mouse. That being said, the console version is probably better than the touch versions since when you remove your finger it often moves the shot you lined up ever so slightly.

I completed every single level, destroying every single brick, on 360 with a controller. It may be slightly better with a mouse but a controller is totally fine.

"Micro"transactions less so, though, assuming this game has them.

Cushen

Neo Member
Showing up as a new release on the Xbox Store, but the actual download being unavailable is such a tease. I need my Peggle 2. :(

Top Bottom