• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGGLE 2 |OT| THE BEST GAME EVER...AGAIN.

Krilekk

Banned
None for me either except the occasional cutscene hickup. Multiplayer is another story, that can lag big time when four players are at it.

mcfrank

Overscan issue on the main menu. I have not played yet, since it would be a mistake to start this before I have to go to work.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
So, am I correct to believe that there are no microtransactions? Someone mentioned an in-game store with new content "coming soon", but that sounds like actual content, not tacky credits or consumable items. Sounds alright to me.

I tried the 360 version of Peggle and it's poo by comparison. Performing advanced shots requires placing the cursor in extremely specific locations, something that is simply not ideal with the sensitivity of an analog. You can pick an exact pixel with a mouse to place your shot.

Aiming in Peggle is undeniably best with a mouse, but I never struggled with the gamepad versions. You could fine tune your shot by holding down a trigger button, which removed most of the frustration in precision aiming with an analogue stick. Guessing it's the same in 2.

I do struggle a bit with the touch controls, though.

G_Berry

Banned
Actually this games release has just reminded me of how awesome it was at the start of last gen when the game pickings were slim and we were all waiting for the next arcade game to come out.

It was like everyone was talking about and playing the same game.

Good times.

gaugebozo

Am I the only one who thinks the no local multiplayer is a big issue? My wife and I played many hours of this against each other, it was the main reason I bought the first one.

Am I the only one who thinks the no local multiplayer is a big issue? My wife and I played many hours of this against each other, it was the main reason I bought the first one.

Yeah, that is a bummer, and the IGN review seems to suggest there are no leaderboards? That can't be right. In this day and age having a leaderboard to compare high scores against friends seems like something that has to exist in this game.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

Wow, that's some bad news. Local Peggle parties were pretty much my favorite thing about the game. Online just isn't the same as experiencing a dope shot or a tragic flub on a couch full of friends or family. Very disappointing.

abracadaver

Please tell me there are no framerate problems.

And no local multiplayer and no leaderboards ?

wtfisthisshit.jpg

Havent played it yet but this sounds awful

C4Lukins

Yeah it is little barebones in a few aspects. There does not seem to be a true leaderboard, or at least I have not found it. The multiplayer online is really fun though so I recommend people giving it a shot. To bad about no local multiplayer. Let's hope it gets an update.

The game itself is great so far, but it would get a lot more mileage with a couple more modes, and more stat tracking.

Tunavi

Banned
Pikachu_edd506_4635502.gif

Finally the exclusive X1 deserves.
hahahahah

so this is the first killer app that piques my interest of the gen.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood

I was really looking forward to playing some local multiplayer :(

I guess I will still pick it up though, managed to snag a £10 card from Sainsburys for £2.50 with Necter Points!

Jito

Banned

You're pulling my leg right? This was the ultimate party/drinking game with my friends but absolutely no point in getting it now.

Edit: And where have all the original characters gone? I imagine they'll turn up as DLC then in a few weeks for £9.99.

UNCMark

Banned

This is an odd score. For almost the entirety of the 5 minute video review he talks about nothing but what's wrong with the game, and then boom - 9. I guess that speaks to the greatness of the core game.

I find it incredibly disappointing that after all this time since the first game all they've come up with is 4 new masters. The lack of local multiplayer is a sin. Perhaps by the time it does spread its wings on other platforms, all these problems will have been addressed.

Phreaker

Can't wait to play it tonight!

Edit: If I bought this on store.xbox.com will it be installed on my One when I get home if I had it on standby?

Just bought it, game looks great, finished the first level and it recorded 2 clips for some reason but I think the canon is quite stiff at the top and theres no option to change it and make it looser which is a bit disappointing.

Very good still, just would have liked to have changed it.

UNCMark

Banned
Just bought it, game looks great, finished the first level and it recorded 2 clips for some reason but I think the canon is quite stiff at the top and theres no option to change it and make it looser which is a bit disappointing.

Very good still, just would have liked to have changed it.

According to the IGN review it self-records a lot, which forced the reviewer to have to manually clean up all the save files. Hopefully there's an option to turn that off.

Can someone with the game confirm there are no leaderboards at all? I'm just in disbelief this is possible.

I bought the game before leaving for work, cleared the first bored, and had to leave, so I wasn't able to check.

UNCMark

Banned
Can someone with the game confirm there are no leaderboards at all? I'm just in disbelief this is possible.

I bought the game before leaving for work, cleared the first bored, and had to leave, so I wasn't able to check.

If there are leaderboards, they're incredibly well-hidden.

How is a game like Peggle having framerate issues? Doesn't "Xbox One" refer to the fancy new system and not the original first Xbox?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Done like 13 levels so far and haven't noticed any frame issues. I dunno.

Also, frame rate issues could be for many reasons.

oVerde

Banned
Can't wait to play it tonight!

Edit: If I bought this on store.xbox.com will it be installed on my One when I get home if I had it on standby?
This is what was told, but won't work, someone needs to open your games & app screen roll to the end of the list and 'start installing' your Peggle2.

Bought every game digitally.

New002

I lament the death of local co-op/multiplayer in general. I just read this in a review and was pretty bummed.

Top Bottom