• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PEGGLE 2 |OT| THE BEST GAME EVER...AGAIN.

Cabal

I cannot wait to play this. Played the first on xbox, PC and ipad. Will likely do the same here. Hopefully no micro transactions that are too egregious. PvZ2 was pretty bad.

Vire

Also what the hell did they do to Bjorn? :/

bjorn-again.jpg

1A5FDRz.jpg

Now he looks like some Adult Swim ripoff. Can't say I've loved what Popcap has been doing as late, PVZ2 was just atrocious, but I'm hoping it's better here since it isn't F2P...

xkramz

3:20 AM EST... Still not available. Figured it'll be 3:00AM EST 12AM PST...it thought Microsoft was gonna allow us to download on release date midnight..

C4Lukins

Downloaded. I do not see any immediate place for micro transactions. There is a coming soon option but that is it.

outsida

Sigh..... why did I have to check? Why? I just had a Forza marathon session. Now the new Peggle is out. I'll never get to bed at this rate.

I just bought it. <3
Will play in 6-7 hours when I'm home.
I hope the hardware scaler isn't used for this game. It is probably 1080p though. Probably.

Superman

Here's a story about Peggle that always puts a smile on my face:

So a few years ago my friend and I were out doing something. I come back to my barracks room and my roommate and other friend were high as all fuck playing Peggle. They immediately start going off about how they had the most amazing round, or whatever you would call it, and how it brought tears to their eyes about how beautifully the ball bounced. Luckily, they had saved the replay.

So there we were, expecting to be blown away. They must have cleared the entire stage in one shot (or something...I don't remember exactly how it works). It must be glorious.

Nope. The ball just falls normally, like everyone has seen it fall a thousand times before. No special bounce, no crazy points, nothing.

That brought a smile to my face too. Brilliant!

I'm going to check out this thread for impressions! I loved the first Peggle. So addictively brilliant. Definitely one of those that are easy to play and difficult to master.

The game is surprisingly gorgeous. The whole presentation is phenomenal really. Definitely caught me off guard how appealing to the eye Peggle 2 is. Loving it so far.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone quickly tell me what kind of local multiplayer this has? Need to decide if I need to pick up an extra controller on the way home or not!

hawk2025

I'm seeing overscan, framerate issues, and significant performance problems with the multiplayer.

The single is great, though!

Krilekk

Banned
Multiplayer doesn't work, no leaderboards yet (WTF?), very small playing field (obviously a game made for tablets, phones, ...). The game itself is probably 1200x1080. Aside from that it's classic Peggle. Addictive as ever, beautiful as ever and automatic DVR clips are great.

I was starting to wonder why Microsoft announced Smartmatch and it is nowhere to be seen in games. Start Peggle, see Smartmatch, start it ... nothing happens. I got two games but were unable to join any, unable to create a private game, finally unable to search for games. Multiplayer is broken right now.

BlindRage

So what you guys think worth the $12? I was thinking I would probably skip this but it is only $12 and it has 1k gs, so its kinda tempting.

MrBS

I had a quick go of online multiplayer. I even managed to fluke a win. Woo! If there is an option for local multiplayer I certainly haven't figured it out. Logging in to Peggle with two players signed in party chat prompts you to log out additional profiles. Looks like online only.

Just played through the first two characters, awesome little game. Have to take a break now to get real world stuff done and I am missing it already :(

Peggle fever is back!

statham

anyone having an issue trying to launch the game? I get the peggle 2 screen then 10 seconds later I get booted back to the Xbox main menu.

Top Bottom