• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
has a bit of Guy Ritchie/Tarantino bit of storyline merging going on. Only thing missing is having Carter accidently drive by the shootout :lol

Scary Time: It's been awhile since Root was in communication with the machine, and it and her knew of that intersection and how it was going to all happen. Motherfucking Future reading

Lonestar

1hU551s.png

:lol , tweeted by the writers
@POIWritersRoom: We have a thing for the American Revolution, too! #PersonOfInterest http://t.co/1VX3iYNc6a

Ripclawe

Banned
So Root is the Machine's attack dog in the sense that if it needs to get something done and damn the methods, it unleashes Root

So Root is the Machine's attack dog in the sense that if it needs to get something done and damn the methods, it unleashes Root
Since Root has been under the machine's command I haven't seen her do anything that Finch or Reese wouldn't do other than kidnapping Shaw. Its just taking advantage of being able to use more people to carry out more missions.

Wiktor

Damn..I love when weekly case gets so seamlessly thrown into big arcs. And Vigilance is shaping up to be excellent antagonist. Can't wait to see what they will do once they figure out the machine's existence

Haha, that was an amazing episode. I didn't see either case connecting to one another and then to another ongoing case. My mind was blown when Vigilance appeared on the scene.

Though, I prefer Super Anonymous better. Collier's just some crazy asshole, isn't he? There's a bullet headed for his kneecap. I wonder what Sloane's brother is important and what the Machine plans for him.

Shaw and Root working together was great. Would love to see more team-ups with these two. Maybe they'll become frienemies.

Carter's C-plot with the Rookie this week was alright. Shades of The Departed/Infernal Affairs with that dude. Wonder if he'll survive the season.

I demand more Fusco.

Loved the ending with Finch and Root. Great little prison they constructed for Root, plus now we can see more of crazy sexy Acker. And great final line from Finch: "Ms. Groves, how do you know you aren't exactly where The Machine wants you?" That shut her up, hahaha.

Finch/Reese Root/Shaw separate machine teams. I like it.

Fusco/Shaw remains the best team.

Speaking of which, what the hell POI. We only got fifteen seconds of Fusco this week.

has a bit of Guy Ritchie/Tarantino bit of storyline merging going on. Only thing missing is having Carter accidently drive by the shootout :lol

Scary Time: It's been awhile since Root was in communication with the machine, and it and her knew of that intersection and how it was going to all happen. Motherfucking Future reading

Oh man, if Carter and Fusco randomly appeared, I'd be in stitches cause everyone would be confused as fuck.

1hU551s.png

:lol , tweeted by the writers

Lol, where's Root? Pretty awesome though.

Interview with Sarah Shahi about Shaw's character, and there's this bit about Shaw's love life lol:

TVLINE | How do you envision Shaw’s love life? Maybe the occasional, emotionally detached hook-up?

I think she’s having lots of sex. I do. Maybe not lots, but, like, a couple times a week. I feel like she’s got a good ["liaison"] or two lined up. Again, she’s so emotionally detached, everything is so suppressed for her, that I think she’s very much like a repressed male.

TVLINE | Is it also just a release, with her being so intense all the time?

It’s a release, a way to express some kind of emotion, even if it is anger. I also don’t think for her it’s just sex. I think there are knives involved, I think there’s cutting…. The thing with Shaw is I don’t think it’s her doing this to herself but she has a lack of ability to feel. It’s somewhat of a disease, and I feel like part of the reason why she wants to go on these insane missions and why she joined with the group as opposed toMors Praematura just going off on her own is she wants to tempt fate. Because possibly in those moments right before death she might feel something, something might get unlocked within her. That’s why it’s not just normal sex. I haven’t shared this with [the producers], by the way…. [Laughs] But yeah, I think she’s very experimental.

Ripclawe

Banned
Since Root has been under the machine's command I haven't seen her do anything that Finch or Reese wouldn't do other than kidnapping Shaw. Its just taking advantage of being able to use more people to carry out more missions.
but if the machine is all about self preservation and it sees this privacy group as an extreme threat with root being its most devoted follower who is willing to do anything for it. she becomes as a last resort.

Lonestar

What's interesting, is that the Machine wanted a hands on approach (via Ms. Groves) with the hacker, but knew enough about the situation, that it knew that the Foster Brother would get involved, endangering his life. So it gave his information to F&R. Some complicated, multi-tiered, computations.

Just think, they haven't even introduced who Control is yet. Mystery Shadow Lady from the end of season 2. You know they're out there, waiting.

What's interesting, is that the Machine wanted a hands on approach (via Ms. Groves) with the hacker, but knew enough about the situation, that it knew that the Foster Brother would get involved, endangering his life. So it gave his information to F&R. Some complicated, multi-tiered, computations.

Just think, they haven't even introduced who Control is yet. Mystery Shadow Lady from the end of season 2. You know they're out there, waiting.

Oh yeah! Forgot about her.

Lonestar

had to look, see that The Voice was on for 2 hours. Seems like a couple hundred thousand people usually turn to CBS after The Voice normally ends, but this time stayed with it.

you mean other than the brief scene when shes in the towncar ordering hersh around?

Lonestar

Have to figure, every possible "CODEWORD" sounding word is being used for an government agency somewhere.

Have to figure, every possible "CODEWORD" sounding word is being used for an government agency somewhere.

True that. Wonder if there's an agency called the ASS.

Also, just caught the promo for next week's episode. Yo guys, we need somebody to GIF Carter and John's
wicked brofist

Honestly, we need more GIFs in general.

They just keep doing it every week. SO GOOD. They were testing the waters with various plot arcs in S1, got into it in S2, but now they're just going all out with everything.

Also

So much Amy Acker this eps, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm <3

Baskcm

god damn this show keeps getting better and better just the overall story writing.

Also the final remark by Harold to root so stone cold.

Kikarian

How is this show after season 1? I stopped watching towards the end of season 1.

I really liked it, but just felt it was getting a little repetitive.

How is this show after season 1? I stopped watching towards the end of season 1.

every single episode seem better than the last, just keeps building and building.
(though no arc ever gets dull, they switch around all the time and if one finally plateaus its in for a mixup/twist etc)
Season 2 was a huge jump from season 1(and I had already loved that) in terms of characters, story, action and even just general quality.

derFeef

This show really kicks off in Season 2 for sure, with a much more overarching plot which keeps getting more interesting as the show goes on.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Don't forget the millionaire from last season, guys. The end of the episode seemed to hint that he might be a threat for them in the long run.

Anyway, it was a great episode, really loved when everything came into plan.

Root's a protagonist now?

Well, since Amy Acker's a regular and being used by the Machine in conjunction with Team Awesome, yes.

Don't forget the millionaire from last season, guys. The end of the episode seemed to hint that he might be a threat for them in the long run.

Anyway, it was a great episode, really loved when everything came into plan.

Oh yeah! Logan. I'm interested to see him return.

Lonestar

actually forgot about Wesley. It'd be a crazy twist to have him come back, or be involved in one of the ongoing arcs.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
io9's recap is up: Best team up ever, on Person of Interest

Also, AV Club gave the last episode an A. They really love this show.

Which is awesome considering they gave up on it during the first season. From their s1e7 review:

Well, this is it: the last episode of Person Of Interest that I’ll be covering for The A.V. Club, at least for now. I’ll keep recording the show on my DVR and check in from time to time in case it suddenly takes off, and if any of you who’ve been following this coverage start seeing marked signs of improvement, feel free to let us know in other comment sections. It’s not impossible that POI might still pull it together and tell some interesting, exciting stories, but after the first seven episodes, the odds don’t look so great. I feel I’ve said as much as I can about the series and its flaws, and since those flaws don’t seem to be going anywhere any time soon, there’s no real reason to keep reiterating them. The show isn’t even bad enough to be fun to mock. It’s just mediocre, with occasionally flashes of wit or awfulness. And, to be completely honest, I wouldn’t mind having Thursday nights off again.

Glad the readers told them otherwise/they realized their mistake.

Which is awesome considering they gave up on it during the first season. From their s1e7 review:

Glad the readers told them otherwise/they realized their mistake.

LOL. Didn't realize they had stopped covering it back then. They had a great article last year about POI being the perfect show about post-9/11 regret. It was really good. Good thing they came back to it. I really like reading their reviews.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
LOL. Didn't realize they had stopped covering it back then. They had a great article last year about POI being the perfect show about post-9/11 regret. It was really good. Good thing they came back to it. I really like reading their reviews.

Yeah that was a good one, I remember it. And agreed. The current guy that took over for the guy that gave up does a good job.

StuBurns

Banned
Decent episode, but I'm getting a little concerned about this machine's two masters storyline, in fact, that final scene was extremely reminiscent of the infamous confrontation scene in Lost when Ben (also played by Emerson) visits Widmore in London, which also pertains to a similar subtext.

On a brighter note, Amy Acker is so pretty I could weep for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom