• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanzo

Banned
My dvr got cut off. Did they show a preview for next weeks episode? Loving these characters. Reminded me of when Elias first appeared and needed help in the projects. That bar scene was awesome! Can't they just fingerprint the gun and see Carter's prints on it? The building explosion looked pretty good. It cut away at the right moment and strikeback a explosions look crappy.

Tamanon

Banned
My dvr got cut off. Did they show a preview for next weeks episode? Loving these characters. Reminded me of when Elias first appeared and needed help in the projects. That bar scene was awesome! Can't they just fingerprint the gun and see Carter's prints on it? The building explosion looked pretty good. It cut away at the right moment and strikeback a explosions look crappy.

She didn't leave the gun, she was just showing that she had it. Easy enough to wipe prints. All she has to do is leave it somewhere and it'll match ballistics.

And yeah, preview next week. Looks like it'll be great. Whole team in action.

hanzo

Banned
Michael Emerson will always be known as finch. I think he has put behind his Linus persona. This show is so much better than Lost.

StuBurns

Banned
Really fantastic episode. Started a little weak I think, the kidnapping sequence specifically was a little forced, and just generally poorly put together, but as a whole, so so good.

Also, if they ever do make Shaw robots, I'll sell a kidney for that shit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Still funny to read comments from people on the various ratings board, they still seem to hate Shaw. I never understood why. Probably the same people that hated her first appearance (I also never understood why for that, either)

Wiktor

Still funny to read comments from people on the various ratings board, they still seem to hate Shaw. I never understood why. Probably the same people that hated her first appearance (I also never understood why for that, either)

While I like Shaw I do hope the focus on her will lessen considerably as the season unfolds. She's great, but she's no Reese and Finch and they've been out of the spotlight because of all the Shaw built up. For now I'm enjoying it, but once she's been firmly established the writers need to refocus on the core two.

derFeef

I like the character for sure, I don't think the actress is doing a job though. Don't know how to say it right without sounding like an ass, but the "duckface" look she has sometimes is coming off as a bit trying too hard.

News Bot

Banned
I like the character for sure, I don't think the actress is doing a job though. Don't know how to say it right without sounding like an ass, but the "duckface" look she has sometimes is coming off as a bit trying too hard.

Are you sure it's duckface and not just naturally plump (and sexy) lips? Haven't seen any examples of it in the show myself.

iamblades

This is all so wrong, not even funny.

^^

Not only is she smoking hot and a good actor, she is from legit persian royalty and was a fucking Dallas Cowboy cheerleader. That's an impressive bio..

I've loved her since watching Life. The cast made that an awesome show despite what was some of the worst writing I can remember on a major network TV show.

She's one of the few actresses I can think of that can really pull of the whole tough badass role believably.

And after all that she still seems perfectly down to earth and charming:

http://youtu.be/q1VO3W8oFyQ

I knew you guys would twist that in some way.

lift1s9uwg.gif

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just watched this week's. Holy fuck that was awesome. Shaw and Carter were both badass. And Reese wanting to fight hand to hand with Simmons...FUCK YEAH. And Finch with that chemistry knowledge lol. And that ending, goddamn. Best of the season so far.

BluWacky

I watched the first episode of this show back when it aired and I kind of hated Jim Caviezel. But now everyone seems to love it! Is there a point I can start from to jump back in or do I need to go back and start from the beginning again?

I watched the first episode of this show back when it aired and I kind of hated Jim Caviezel. But now everyone seems to love it! Is there a point I can start from to jump back in or do I need to go back and start from the beginning again?
episode 8 of season 1 is when it really started to get amazing.
though the beginning is the best place to start, pretty much every episode has something important.

Oh my god, Carter's verbal beatdown of that stupid punk rookie was amazing.

"You don't work for HR anymore, son. You work for me now."

Salvadora

In my opinion she has wrecked the dynamic of the show slightly.

Also: I know her character is all about not feeling emotions, but she comes across as so 'wooden', if that makes sense. Not well acted is the impression I get. Person of Interest was better when it was much simpler.

I was actually afraid they were going to kill off Carter in this episode. Everything just seemed so stacked against her, but of course she freaking knew the guy was working for HR.

I liked her first appearance, but man was her intro this season corny.
I came back around but she is taking too much screentime from Reese and pretty much all of Fusco's.

Lihwem

What an amazing show, I don't understand how there's only so few people and posts in this thread, I assumed it was more popular in america because of the style, the subject and the names behind it but apparently not.. oh well !

Favorite moment of the last episode ? This one, no doubt :

punch.gif

Next episode, Shaw and Root have to team up... with sexy results.

103977_wb_d_0152b.jpg

What an amazing show, I don't understand how there's only so few people and posts in this thread, I assumed it was more popular in america because of the style, the subject and the names behind it but apparently not.. oh well !

punch.gif

Awesome.

Lonestar

punch.gif

:lol, yep

Podcast said "there's one thing you don't want to see before blacking out: John Reese smiling"

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

punch.gif

That cracked me up lol

Nobility

Banned
It's been almost a week and I'm still thinking about this episode.

So. Good.

I won't be able to watch the next one live but I hope it delivers.

Like I said before the season began, Root and Shaw would work together, I just didn't think one would force the other to achieve their goals.

Very few network shows these days manage to build up the intrigue for a powerful reveal, POI is in a class of its own.

I'm just thinking of those two teaming up in my mind...

pj6pX6E.png

I just caught up on this season and watched all I had on the DVR. Ugh, this show is so good I can't believe I hadn't watched it all sooner. Everybody in the cast is amazing and they all have great chemistry at this point.

Also goddamn crazy Amy Acker is hottest Amy Acker.

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
Just watched Escape Plan last night only to get my fill of Jim before tomorrow's episode. What a great actor.

Also, obligatory kneecaps.

kneecappin.gif

I just caught up on this season and watched all I had on the DVR. Ugh, this show is so good I can't believe I hadn't watched it all sooner. Everybody in the cast is amazing and they all have great chemistry at this point.

Also goddamn crazy Amy Acker is hottest Amy Acker.

Definitely.

Just watched Escape Plan last night only to get my fill of Jim before tomorrow's episode. What a great actor.

Also, obligatory kneecaps.

kneecappin.gif

How's the flick?

Four Wude

Unconfirmed Member
I really liked the movie. Stallone and Schwarzenegger made a great pair and Jim was a surprisingly fun antagonist. Definitely worth a watch, though go in with an "Expendables meets Prison Break" mentality.

Sober

New episode tonight, let's see where we're going from last week.

"Mors Praematura"

While Reese and Finch deal with a new Number, Root abducts Sam to force her to help on a mission for The Machine.

Lonestar

Mors Praematura means:
Mors prematura (praematura) is Latin for the medical term for premature death.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, the CIA is even more clueless than normal on shows of this type.

Everything coming together. I'm kinda liking Root as the machine's protector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom