• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenaxPure

I really hope going forward Fusco gets more screen time. And that they address the fact that Reese still treats him like shit.

Fusco said something in the episode to the effect of this was the last time he was going to come running to them when they need help. I wonder if that was a hollow threat or with everything that happened and HR maybe finally being gone he will try to distance himself for a while.

Wiktor

I also hope the focus will move more to Fusco now. Dude owns. Who would have thought that the dirtbag from pilot would turn into such a badass and lovable character?

Also..he had the best lines this episode. "You know the dog's the only one who likes you, right?" :D

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also, Fusco continues to be a goddamn genuine badass.

iUuRuIjAexaCq.gif

Lonestar

One thing I've noticed, but It take too long to go back over the entire run of the show to check, was that when Harold was talking to Carter outside the police station at the end (before John's released), he departs by saying "Joss" (as in goodbye). Not sure if he's ever used her first name (that's an ongoing thing with him, having troubles opening up and using 1st names).

Also, the last scene, besides the ongoing phone ringing, the redlight turns red right before the end of show. Another little visual cue.

Sober

One thing I've noticed, but It take too long to go back over the entire run of the show to check, was that when Harold was talking to Carter outside the police station at the end (before John's released), he departs by saying "Joss" (as in goodbye). Not sure if he's ever used her first name (that's an ongoing thing with him, having troubles opening up and using 1st names).

Also, the last scene, besides the ongoing phone ringing, the redlight turns red right before the end of show. Another little visual cue.
Finch has called her Joss once or twice prior, pretty certain.

hanzo

Banned
It's crazy that finch had other teams working for him before Reese. I smell a prequel episode! Can you breathe when they put you in the morgue locker?

Since Elias crew backed off from huntin Reese, they should team up to bring down the hr muscle guy.

faridmon

Just caught the last 3 episode. Bloody hell, what a series. Dem feels and the way Carter just went away left a pang in my heart. Especially the way the Phone kept ringing, like it was saying, look, if you picked me up sooner, maybe you would have saved her.

I wonder what sort collateral damage we are going to see. Hope the HR chapter closes for good. Never liked Simmons, and I hope Reese kill the bastard next time.

Fusco was amazing. That scene was perfect in lot of ways.

Lonestar

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/20/person-interest-jonathan-nolan-greg-plageman-carter-death/

Interview on the decisions leading up to the end of last night's episode, and a paragraph about next week's episode:
What’s coming up next week?
PLAGEMAN: Episode 10 is called “The Devil’s Share” and it deals very explicitly with the fallout from this episode,
in which Robert John Burke’s character Simmons has killed Carter and his number comes up. Finch is confronted for the first time with a conundrum: someone’s going to die and it’s probably going to be at the hand of one of his allies, but he doesn’t know which one.

Interview with Taraji Henson on this episode

hanzo

Banned
I love the villains in this show. Their acting is great, they want you to hate them. Reese going after Simmons with Elia's group help? Or maybe all the recurring characters coming out to help Reese? Leon, and the rest?

Lonestar

Seeing a comment somewhere else, about that last phone call. Could it possibly have been the Machine interrupting Finch, causing him to turn around and walk back towards it as Simmon's opened fire. Calling, to keep Finch from being in the line of fire.

I can't think that a machine, built on specific rules, would keep dialing about Carter's number, once it's post death.

faridmon

I love the villains in this show. Their acting is great, they want you to hate them. Reese going after Simmons with Elia's group help? Or maybe all the recurring characters coming out to help Reese? Leon, and the rest?

Oh, god, I would do a lot of nasty stuff for more Leon in my life. That character rocked.

kurbaan

Banned
You know I was thinking now without Carter, no HR, Russians are done Elias is gonna come out of his hiding and take over the city.

Another crazy arc that will be.

xenist

Finch you fucking little jealous bitch, you should have sent Root after them. But no, you were mad the Machine was actually talking to her and you almost let everyone die. Fucking baby.

Chariot

You know I was thinking now without Carter, no HR, Russians are done Elias is gonna come out of his hiding and take over the city.

Yes and we got quite a few more enemys in the pocket. I think Vigilance comes next. But the possibilities of the show are gigantic. Elias, Vigilance, Root, the government, Decima and maybe the chinese. Damn, I can't wait.

Tamanon

Banned
Seeing a comment somewhere else, about that last phone call. Could it possibly have been the Machine interrupting Finch, causing him to turn around and walk back towards it as Simmon's opened fire. Calling, to keep Finch from being in the line of fire.

I can't think that a machine, built on specific rules, would keep dialing about Carter's number, once it's post death.

Well, it could've been calling with Simmons number, since it was actively looking for him. That would explain why it kept ringing.

I momentarily forgot it's not always a victim!

TripOpt55

Ahhhh. Going to miss Carter. Kind of a bummer. Good episode though. Should make for some good upcoming storylines. As good as the death scene was, I was not too keen on how Simmons actually came up and shot them. I don't know. Just didn't like that aspect.

Lonestar

He got himself a suitcase of money and a bag of diamonds, too. All while sitting in a warehouse, eating take out food.

Checkmark the box: "Big Winner" under his name.

Well, it could've been calling with Simmons number, since it was actively looking for him. That would explain why it kept ringing.

I momentarily forgot it's not always a victim!

maybe.

Kind of hope that the episode starts off right at the spot it left out. Phone's still ringing, and Finch begrudgingly answers it (angrily), and who knows how it might answer. More numbers (Johns, or Simmons - Probably, because it just knew he wanted to kill people, don't think he just singled out Carter). Maybe instead, it asks for Root. Something out of left field.

Tamanon

Banned
Also...wait....

Wasn't Carter keeping Elias's current conditions from everyone else on Team Machine? So they don't even know he's just out and about.

Lonestar

Also...wait....

Wasn't Carter keeping Elias's current conditions from everyone else on Team Machine? So they don't even know he's just out and about.

That's out of the bag, cause Elias got in touch with Finch about "staying out of the Hunt for John campaign". I'm sure they've known he was out, because I assume HR couldn't keep a "prison break" a secret. Not clear if they knew it was Carter, or how their relationship had turned.

Tugatrix

DC-dawson-gif.gif

Simons must die

I'm glad Fusco survive, but Carter shouldn't have died

And the damn machine was doing what? only send a warning moments before the attack, what the hell, she's suppose to warn Finch very early...

Meteorain

Still in the middle of the ep but......

NO JOHN, NO. SHE'S NOT THE ONE

How could he forsake Paige Turco. She was the one. She was the truth.....

:(

I'm really interested to see what happens with the Lionel/John relationship after this.

Lionel/Shaw continues to be the best.

Reese looks like a goddamn angel of death in the promo for next week. Scary.

SyNapSe

This was a really strong POI episode. Faked a few ways.. Ended up being jos :(
Leaves a lot open and on the table. Root, John rage, Simmons

Apoc29

Every episode feels like a season finale. How do they do it?

I got a little teary eyed when Shaw saved Fusco's kid. NO TV SHOW has done that to me. Chapman's a good actor.

Honestly, I never really liked Carter's character but this season they built her up so well. I was not expecting her to get it, and now I feel that POI won't be the same without her.

Many have tried to kill Reese and Carter over the years and somehow Simmons dropped both of them AND gave them a warning too? Kind of lame, but it sure made an impact.

Apoc29

I am amused that both of those links have spoiler disclaimers in the headline and immediately after, but between those there's pictures pretty much showing Carter dead, not to mention "carter-death" is in both of the actual addresses. Possibly the most fail spoiler warning attempts ever.

Oh fuck, there was NOT just a spoiler for The Wire in that interview. WTF?

tirminyl

Oh fuck, there was NOT just a spoiler for The Wire in that interview. WTF?

Yep. This show is on my backlog and I got a total full on spoiler reading that. I also got spoiled reading about an actor that I didn't even know was in the show by reading something not even related to The Wire.

So, I'm wondering what's the point in watching it now.

I'm still catching up but this spoiler makes me sad. I just got to the episode where she tells the rookie he works for her now. She was becoming such an amazing badass. I guess I'm ok with it though? I think I would have been sad no matter who they killed off but she was amazing.

Yep. This show is on my backlog and I got a total full on spoiler reading that. I also got spoiled reading about an actor that I didn't even know was in the show by reading something not even related to The Wire.

So, I'm wondering what's the point in watching it now.

Don't worry, that spoiler won't ruin the show for you, I knew two huge spoilers and it didn't impact just how incredible it is.

I accidentally spoiled it for myself earlier today before my wife and I had the chance to watch it. I of course kept her in the dark while we watched it tonight and she was speechless.

I'm really curious as to where they'll go next with the overarching plot.

ScRYeD

I accidentally spoiled it for myself earlier today before my wife and I had the chance to watch it. I of course kept her in the dark while we watched it tonight and she was speechless.

I'm really curious as to where they'll go next with the overarching plot.
What...and you weren't ready with a camera to video your wife's reaction and put it up on YouTube....for shame :(
Should of seen me when Fusco went badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom