• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZoddGutts

Eh, while I liked her character it felt like her character had run it's course after this storyline came to an end. Personally I didn't care that much about her wanting to avenge that guy from last season, she didn't really have much of a relationship with him, so I kept wondering why I should care about this storyline, we did get some good moments though. Anyways with the new added characters (Shaw/Root), the cast was getting bigger, we already have another cop on the inside (Fusco), so one of the two (Fusco/Carter) had to go due to redundancy. With the way the ep was done it was kinda obvious either one of the two was going to die, really thought Fusco was going to be the one to bite the dust, thankfully it wasn't him, I like he's character more due to he's funny interaction with the other cast.

Fusco or Carter? Which would you had picked to stayed alive?

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Just watched. Nooooooo!! Whaaaaaaatttt??

That was an amazingly unexpected awesome hour of TV. This whole 2 part special is like watching a totally different show. I always liked PoI as a decent program, I'm not even that into network TV... Time waster really. But damn it's been legit lately, this is seriously high quality eveything.

Where do we even go from here?
Carter was such a driving force.

Also loved the kiss scene. Unexpected but supremely acted.

http://www.eonline.com/news/483103/person-of-interest-shocker-watch-the-cast-react-to-the-big-death?cmpid=tweol-manual

video of filming the scene, cast interviews and reaction, bit's of Taraji's crew speech, and small little vids of next weeks episode (yeah, John is out for wee bit of blood)

I clicked on that and regretted it immediately. At the end of it, they posted photos of other shocking and unexpected deaths from other shows (bunch of dicks for doing that) and I didn't realize it until it was too late. I just had 4 shows ruined for me, so be careful if you click on that link and haven't seen shows like breaking bad, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, and I think Sons of Anarchy.

Leks

Damn, I didn't expect Fusco to be the highlight of this episode. With one main character gone, I hope we'll see more of him, he totally deserves this. About the ending, I thought it was predictable (the kiss, the memories of the first episode) and too abrupt. Still a great episode with a lot of tension, but weaker than Endgame.

By the way, I can't forget this: how Carter get the proofs back if Simmons has the key?

120.gif

THAT IS ALL :O:O:O:O

THIS FUCKING SHOW !!!!! :O:O:O:O:O

Damn, I didn't expect Fusco to be the highlight of this episode. With one main character gone, I hope we'll see more of him, he totally deserves this. About the ending, I thought it was predictable (the kiss, the memories of the first episode) and too abrupt. Still a great episode with a lot of tension, but weaker than Endgame.

By the way, I can't forget this: how Carter get the proofs back if Simmons has the key?

Hmm I see what you mean, maybe that could be the topic of the next episode, getting the key back, along with some sweet sweet vengeance!

sant

Oh man I thought Fusco was a goner for sure. It was a little predictable that either Carter or John were going to bite it after they got close.

Linius

Cautiously entering the thread, I'm still four three episodes behind. But I have to post that I really enjoyed Shaw punching Root in the face :lol

And I'm out. Hopefully I can catch up some time, but my mums schedule and mine haven't really been working out to watch this show lately :p

EDIT

Haha, Ken Cosgrove in the episode after that. Always fun to see familiar faces starring as a guest in PoI :D

mrmisterwaa

Neo Member
I can't believe
Carter got killed off
. I felt it in the previous two episodes. She was acting extremely distant and it felt like they were building up to it.

Weird question, what is the make of phone that Carter used this season, with the red band on the back? I'm in the market for a new phone and that one looks fun.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
since everyone sensitive over anything remotely "other show spoilers":

Game of Thrones had a
Red Wedding
, and Person of Interest, after tonight, will have a
Red City
after John gets thru.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Tonight's Episode:
The Devil's Share

Description:
As the POI team seeks justice for Carter’s murder, Finch realizes one of his team members may go one step too far in order to end the war with HR. Also, the Machine gives out the number for NYPD Officer Patrick Simmons, one of the crime organization’s key players.

The episode title "The Devil's Share" refers to that part of human behavior that allows us to be cruel to one another, or refers to one person's inhumanity to another. It also refers to an individual's actions that are not good for him/herself or for others. Contemporary French author Denis de Rougemont argues that this is the modern-day manifestation of demonic forces in the world.

Written by Amanda Segel and Jonathan Nolan
She did:
Season 1
"Witness" - Elias intro
"Legacy" - barely remember this one, apparently it's when Carter first "working" with Reese/Finch. Young female Lawyer is the POI
"Flesh and Blood" - This is the "Elias takes out the Mob, becomes the kingpin, but goes to prison" Episode
Season 2
"Til Death" - The Valentines day episode/Finch and his Fiance going on that elaborate date
"Relevance" (with Jonathan Nolan) - Intro to Shaw
"Zero Day" (with David Slack) - Final Countdown, The Machine is the POI, shit hits the fan
Season 3
"Lady Killer" - The Female Triumvirate. :(

Nolan, of course, only does the big episodes (This is his first of this season)
Season 1
"Pilot" - duh
"Ghosts" (with Greg Plageman) - 2nd episode, the believed dead girl
"Many Happy Returns" (Story with Erik Mountain) - The Marshall episode, with Reese/Jessica flashbacks
"Firewall" (with Greg Plageman) - Season 1 finale
Season 2
"The Contingency" (with Denise Thé) - Season 2 opener
"Relevance" (with Amanda Segel)
"God Mode" (with Patrick Harbinson) - Season 2 finale, Root and Reese have God Powers, Congratulations, the Machine is gone and Root is in the nut house

Directed by Chris Fisher
Season 1
"Wolf and Cub" - Reese is hired by a child to take out his brother's killers
Season 2
"Prisoner's Dilemma" - Carter interrogates Reese in jail, gets him out, is caught by Agent Donnelly, and ambushed by Kara Stanton
"One Percent"
"In Extremis" - IA digs up where Fusco buried Stills, while Reese is with the Doctor who is dying, to find the man who killed him.
Season 3
"Liberty" - Season 3 opener

----------------------------------------------

There's another Episode title and Writer/Directors announced. It'll be the 3rd episode airing after tonights:

Titled:
4C
Written by Melissa Scrivner-Love who did:
Season 2
"Masquerade" - The Brazilian girl who called Fusco a stud
"One Percent" (with Denise Thé) - The Billionaire who took an interest in Finch/Reese
Season 3
"Reasonable Doubt" - The double crossing (and bad acting) lawyer, who Reese left on the boat with the husband

Directed by Stephen Williams who did
Season 1
"Super" - The Reese recovery episode i.e. Rear Window
"No Good Deed" - The Henry Peck episode, the NSA guy who figures out about the Machine
Season 3
"Reasonable Doubt" - see above

Leeness

I still haven't actually watched the last episode :(

I saw the ending because I already knew what happened, but haven't seen the whole thing. I don't know if I even want to :(

Carter <3 :'(

Sober

Dammit!/Thanks Lonestar, for stealing my job this week. Been really busy with work and NaNo, don't think I'll get to this until Sunday at the latest. Remember this also concludes the midseason arc tonight!

Sober

Just a reminder for those who can catch the Atlantic Canada airing, spoiler tags are needed if you want to live post the ep (by yourself).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy fuck, that was amazing. I can't believe this is happening, but CBS seems to have the best network show on the air now. C B fucking S.

Also, I just realized... the cast is suddenly so much more, well...racially homogeneous. I hope they change that up by the time the season ends.

Leeness

Holy fuck, that was amazing. I can't believe this is happening, but CBS seems to have the best network show on the air now. C B fucking S.

Also, I just realized... the cast is suddenly so much more, well...racially homogeneous. I hope they change that up by the time the season ends.

Have you seen tonight's episode?

DOES SIMMONS GET WHATS COMING TO HIM?

Tamanon

Banned
So I think the phone ringing was definitely Simmons' number. I expect the machine identified him as both a perpetrator and soon to be victim when the Reese of Vengeance gets him.

:D

In fact, the way it's handled is so good. It really brings in almost everyone in the series.

I'm posting because a) yeah, I love how it was handled, but also b) because I want to make more black bars appear to tease people with. Probably like 30/70 on the split for that >)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom