• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 Portable |OT|: Mixing Things Up for Third Trimester

TheSeks said:
Just popping into this thread to make sure I'm here for the eventual "So, I don't think I like JRPGs" thread. ;)

(I feel Persona 3 is 1/4 Diablo 2 [at least if you did Persona fusing weapons in FES] 1/4 JRPG elements 1/4 Dating Sim and 1/4 SMT)

I've actually played a fair bit of both Persona 3 and 4 on PS2. I like 'em both. Logged maybe 30 hours between the two of 'em. Thing is, my backwards compatible PS3 fritzed out, so I have no way to play them anymore, short of buying a PS2.

Looking forward to Persona 3 on the portable- just the type of game I'm into on the PSP. Turn based.

demonkaze

So let me try and confirm it one more time. I've got a pal ps3, will it let me buy this off the US PSN store an transfer it to my psp? Did people have any problems doing this with peace walker?

shahkur

^ Same here. PAL PS3. Have you made an american account? If you have made one, and have sufficient funds then you should be able to buy it. So, is it up yet, coz I'm also buying it. :D

Jb

demonkaze said:
So let me try and confirm it one more time. I've got a pal ps3, will it let me buy this off the US PSN store an transfer it to my psp? Did people have any problems doing this with peace walker?
Even if you can't transfer it from your ps3 to your psp, you can simply buy/download the game on your pc and transfer it from there. At least that's what I did with peace walker and it worked just fine.

Reknoc

Lain said:
You should get the last live concert DVD, so you can watch Meguro rocking his guitar in the spotlight for The Almighty.

Wow I did not know that was even a thing. Had to youtube it and ended up watching the Mass Destruction one...

demonkaze

Jay-B said:
Even if you can't transfer it from your ps3 to your psp, you can simply buy/download the game on your pc and transfer it from there. At least that's what I did with peace walker and it worked just fine.
So would it be best to download it on my pc rather than psn? Does it go up at the same time as psn?

Jay-B said:
This is exactly what I did when the Norway PSStore screwed up and made Midnight Club 3 free. :D

UPS currently has my copy out for delivery, so it should be there by the time I get home. Maybe I will play it tonight if I don't decide to play Crackdown instead.

Jb

demonkaze said:
So would it be best to download it on my pc rather than psn? Does it go up at the same time as psn?
I'm pretty sure it goes up at the same time yeah. I usually download my psp games from my pc, but that's just a question of preference.

mauaus

we need impressions!!! I have my $40 on my psn account ready to rock!! This is my first persona game, looks good :D

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Amazon shipped my Crackdown 2, but not this.
:(

Edit - Ahh, at least it says 'shipping soon' now.
Should definitely be here before my vacation!

Mejilan said:
Amazon shipped my Crackdown 2, but not this.
:(
Well look on the bright side, at least you'll still be able to play one of this week's full-priced remakes!

emot-iceburn.gif

Does it work with CFW?

I have m33-6 with the 6.20 prx(though I couldn't get it to work with PW- but I might just upgrade to OFW-don't want to).

MrDaravon

My copy arrived from Amazon.

For those asking, the hat is NOT in the game packaging.

For reasons unknown to anyone, the game and hat where in an already oversized box (I'm guessing how Amazon got them maybe?), then THAT box was placed into a bigger longer box. I have no fucking clue.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Went to gamestop this morning to pick up my preorder but they didn't have it. I did end up getting the hat, though, strangely enough :D

Wearing it in class now. Stealth nerd ftw

Uncle AJ

Sub_Level said:
Went to gamestop this morning to pick up my preorder but they didn't have it. I did end up getting the hat, though, strangely enough :D

Wearing it in class now. Stealth nerd ftw

It's probably one of the few pieces of gaming-related paraphernalia you can wear in public and not get weird glances for.

ExtraKr1spy said:
Does it work with CFW?

I have m33-6 with the 6.20 prx(though I couldn't get it to work with PW- but I might just upgrade to OFW-don't want to).
I'd like to know this as well before I drop by best buy after work.

Took my sister to buy it at Gamestop and they didn't have it. Guy said they'll get it with tomorrow's shipments or Thursday. Went to Toys R us and the guy said they don't even carry the games/series but damn when did Toys R Us start getting cool stuff? They had a bunch of FF13 and Kingdom Hearts Play arts figures, Bioshock, Resistance, Gears of War stuff.

wonkafest

Fedex dropped this off a couple hours ago, and yes the hat isn't packaged with the game.

After playing for a couple hours its persona 3. I do like the use of point and click interface, but the visual novel style cut scenes do cheapen the presentation a bit.

I've also encountered a weird instance where the English VA referred to the female MC as he and him, but the written dialogue uses she and her.

Delio

Well i got mine this morning. I love how quick everything is with point and click. I'm using CFW Prometheus 5.50 and it works perfectly for me. I also ran into that same weird instance of the VA calling the female main a Male then right after it calling her female lol.

wonkafest said:
I've also encountered a weird instance where the English VA referred to the female MC as he and him, but the written dialogue uses she and her.
So they're reusing voicework, I take it. Whoops!

NichM

Banned
wonkafest said:

Doh. We tried to rerecord any line where the pronoun was different, but I guess we missed a spot.

Curufinwe

Can someone tell me how much faster P3P loads if you install it to a memory stick instead of just playing it off the UMD?

Might be time for me to finally upgrade from the 512MB memory stick I bought years ago.

wonkafest

Curufinwe said:
Can someone tell me how much faster P3P loads if you install it to a memory stick instead of just playing it off the UMD?

Might be time for me to finally upgrade from the 512MB memory stick I bought years ago.

I installed the game right away so I can't give you a comparison, but the game does load very quickly installed.

Curufinwe

wonkafest said:
I installed the game right away so I can't give you a comparison, but the game does load very quickly installed.

How big is P3P installed?

Amazon have a 4GB stick from SanDisk for only $15.65.

Yaweee

Curufinwe said:

Videos of running around town made it seem like ~4s down to ~.5s.

Is the install really only 260 MB? That seems awfully small compared to how much data is on the UMD. What data is part of the install? Only the 2D backgrounds and character portraits, or also the 3D stuff for battles and Tartarus?? Everything but the voices and videos?

FredFish

Anyone else pre-order from Amazon and still have a July 12th shipping date? I plunked down back in April and my order status hasn't changed even though the game is listed as "In Stock" now :/

shwimpy

Amazon shipped my copy earlier today! Even with the free shipping, I should get it in a day or two since it was shipped from a couple miles away. So excited!

It was shipped via ONTRAC... never even heard of this company.:lol

Wizpig

wonkafest said:
The install is 260mb.

Yes.
My PSP memory stick is like 30 MB.
It came bundled with the console.

I'll buy an 8 GB one with P3P :\
Off topic but can you also buy PSN games directly from the PSP? Ps1 games maybe? what about buying P3P itself directly from the PSP?

MrDaravon

FredFish said:
Anyone else pre-order from Amazon and still have a July 12th shipping date? I plunked down back in April and my order status hasn't changed even though the game is listed as "In Stock" now :/

I pre-ordered the game two weeks ago and got my copy this morning. :/

Did you use free shipping or something maybe?

SailorDaravon said:
My copy arrived from Amazon.

For those asking, the hat is NOT in the game packaging.

For reasons unknown to anyone, the game and hat where in an already oversized box (I'm guessing how Amazon got them maybe?), then THAT box was placed into a bigger longer box. I have no fucking clue.

This is disappointing. I'm not going to act like I still wouldn't have preordered it for the hat, but I could have gotten it cheaper from GameStop.com through various coupons and store credit, but went with Amazon cause I was expecting some outer box and GameStop.com doesn't package stuff well.

shwimpy said:
Amazon shipped my copy earlier today! Even with the free shipping, I should get it in a day or two since it was shipped from a couple miles away. So excited!

It was shipped via ONTRAC... never even heard of this company.:lol
OnTrac is a small shipping company that only operates on the West Coast (CA, AZ, NV, OR, WA, and UT). I first starter seeing them around CA two years back. They must have just gotten a contract with Amazon and seem to be the lady option for "local" shipping after UPS & Fed Ex. I groan whenever I see Amazon use them as they're basically Amazon's new "last resort" shipping service.

Anyways, I went to my office's local Gamestop at lunch to trade in some crap and get the game. Unfortunately they won't get the game until tomorrow. So I picked up two $20 PSN cards and the manager gave me a Junpei hat anyway. Awesome, best of both worlds in my opinion. PSN download and physical pre-order bonus.

Top Bottom