• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Arena |EU OT| Heartbeat, Heartbreak

NEO0MJ

Uh, wow. Gee. Fuck you too?

How many people supported the region locking move? A lot. They kept saying "lul, stop complaining, you'll get it in a few month. You're so entitled" and when it was confirmed that we were getting the game mid 2013 they said "why should I give a fuck? I got the game. Sucks to be you guys"

Of course, a lot of them used worse language to express their opinion. How can they not be a horrible fanbase?

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
I feel ashamed for preordering this, but I really don't want to wait any longer.

*Slowly walks back*

Shito

Wasn't this matter already discussed in length all these past months?
Yeah, we're getting it late, we know it, and we know some people want to "vote with their wallet", and some others don't think it will make the slightest difference: can we just talk about the game?
Because, you know, it's really good.

Persona86

Banned
How many people supported the region locking move? A lot. They kept saying "lul, stop complaining, you'll get it in a few month. You're so entitled" and when it was confirmed that we were getting the game mid 2013 they said "why should I give a fuck? I got the game. Sucks to be you guys"

Of course, a lot of them used worse language to express their opinion. How can they not be a horrible fanbase?
Because they do not represent the whole fan base, don't forget that you and me are included in that fan base, plus whoever else likes Persona 4 etc.

Labrys

So you're one of those people, huh?

Not exactly sure what you mean.
If you mean the /other, I was alluding toward borrowing from a friend, trying it out at a store, stuff like that.
Not the, well, other thing.

If not that, I dunno.

Squire

Banned

You're not even talking about a minority, but one within an already niche fanbase. A fringe.

I haven't seen any of that posted on GAF.

I came into the franchise pretty recently, so I haven't been waiting as long as everyone else for this.

The week past and this one coming is definitely a bitch though.

Sounds like you've been getting your info from Youtube comments.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You're not even talking about a minority, but one within an already niche fanbase. A fringe.

There were definitely some on GAF, though most of them fall into the "Americans have no excuse not to get the game" line.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

You didn't look enough then. A few people were defending the decision to region lock it even, though they were not the majority of course.

Squire

Banned
There were definitely some on GAF, though most of them fall into the "Americans have no excuse not to get the game" line.

You didn't look enough then. There even was quite a few people defending the decision to region lock it.

To refer to what he wrote specifically though I haven't seen anyone be so callous. I think people should've gotten over this months ago, myself, but "Who gives a fuck about Europe?"

Are you kidding me? If anybody has said that, there's no way they exist in such quantity that you need to come to a thread and make blanket insults.

To refer to what he wrote specifically though I haven't seen anyone be so callous. I think people should've gotten over this months ago, myself, but "Who gives a fuck about Europe?"

Are you kidding me? If anybody has said that, there's no way they exist in such quantity that you need to come to a thread and make blanket insults.

I agree that it is crazy...especially for one of your first GAF posts ever! The Persona community here is generally pretty great.

But that aside, there was plenty of people putting the boot into PAL gamers with quite annoying "why complain this isn't even a problem, deal with it" type posts. Every region locking thread generally disolves into that and I've actually got quite a few people on the ignore list just because of how angry it makes me.

At least I think that is what happened with P4A. It is kind of hard to remember.

Korigama

Poster from the US who only got around to picking this up a few days ago. Since the US OT is pretty dead at this point, I think I'll stop by here from time to time.

£34.99 wow, for almost a year late. How much is the US version now? I wont be making the mistake of buying a PAL console next gen.
It was $20 new for me. Much cheaper than any used copies here, and I can't be bothered to care as much as I used to now that Index's financial reports for the previous quarter have already been released (region-locking certainly didn't help their bottom line, and I don't like buying my games used unless I have no other choice, rather than to prove a point; don't think they care much about any additional sales from this region by now anyway). Still doesn't excuse how they've handled this whole thing, though, regardless of how good the game truly is.

Can't say I blame any EU players for being on the fence about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Oh yeah, I can't remember anything that vitriolic, but there was definitely a contingent that defended the region locking to the death.

Not here, but the Atlus US boards got pretty damn touchy about that subject too. Which I guess makes sense seeing that it wasn't really Atlus US's fault.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I've seen a couple of retailers list the EU version as region locked.
Please note this game will require a PAL PS3 to work
from http://www.ozgameshop.com/ps3-games/persona-4-arena-limited-edition-game-ps3 Just for one example. Also if your in Australia that's the only semi-decent price anywhere. Still too expensive though in my opinion. The delay and region locking are one thing but pricing it more than it's available for in other countries after such a long delay is just insane as far as I'm concerned. We'll see if it drops in price at any point I guess.

Sophia

Hmm, well Dantis's OT was much less snarky than I expected. :D

Just a side note, we're gonna try and get some PS3 games going in the PersonaGAF IRC/Steam chat room on the 10th and beyond. Anyone is welcome to join providing we have extra spots!

NEO0MJ

I think I saw a lot of people defending it on the Atlus/Arc site.

CPS2

Finally!

And the instant I buy this, they're gonna announce a region free sequel with all the content from the original game. Let's go!!!!!!!!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon

To be fair, the people that do post on Atlus forums are mostly rabid fanboys who would defend Atlus to death. It's not as bad here, though there are some quite "interesting" people here too.

Hope the game bombs fast though, so people that still want to buy it new can get it cheap.

Torraz

I'm in the process of watching all the story cutscenes on youtube. If I ever purchase the game it will most likely be used.

Not supporting these scumbags.

cluderi

As much as I'd like to play it (I loved P4G) I just can't support region locking, massive delays and then a full price release. Sorry Persona4World but I just can't.

Squire

Banned
Hmm, well Dantis's OT was much less snarky than I expected. :D

Just a side note, we're gonna try and get some PS3 games going in the PersonaGAF IRC/Steam chat room on the 10th and beyond. Anyone is welcome to join providing we have extra spots!

Ah, you're gonna make me buy this again.

Then go there. Insult them.

Most of the people on GAF who consider themselves part of the fanbase are not "absolutely horrible". That's absolutely incorrect.

Coxy

should I run you through the thread where it was announced it was region locked?

I shouldnt need to since you were there defending it because all your other PS3 games were totally region locked too

Tizoc

Finally!

And the instant I buy this, they're gonna announce a region free sequel with all the content from the original game. Let's go!!!!!!!!

I'm planning on trying to get it for cheap by trading in some games, bonus points if my bro is still left with a few more Pounds from the trade offs.

As much as I'd like to play it (I loved P4G) I just can't support region locking, massive delays and then a full price release. Sorry Persona4World but I just can't.

Didn't you just get a 3DS yesterday? I mean I own one too, and I love to complain about region locking, but I suppose I'm just as much a part of the problem ;)

should I run you through the thread where it was announced it was region locked?

I shouldnt need to since you were there defending it because all your other PS3 games were totally region locked too

Lol those were good times.

Even has myself with the old:

But don't worry because there is no way this is true.

Oops.

Posts like this were my favourite:

The PR release is perfectly reasonable. NA people are still getting the same content, including dual audio. Online matches are still worldwide too. You only have to wait two weeks. No big deal at all.
I don't understand why people would be so upset over this to not buy a game they were eagerly anticipating otherwise. What's the big deal? You have to wait an extra month to play it?
I didn't know that PS3 games could be region locked anyway.

I don't see what the big deal is though. The game is coming out everywhere.

Crisis Averted.
I don't see what the big deal is, it's still coming out in Europe.
I'm not trying to dismiss the individuals here as I once was a heavy importer of expensive ass Super Famicom and Saturn games. I'm just saying there can't be more than a few hundred serious importers in Japan and the PAL regions combined.

Gave me so much anger at the time! Feels like the end of a journey now, perhaps after following it for all this time I can find peace.

Christhor

Then go there. Insult them.

Most of the people on GAF who consider themselves part of the fanbase are not "absolutely horrible". That's absolutely incorrect.

You really took it to heart, didn't you? Obviously I didn't mean everyone, then I would have been insulting myself and quite a few my friends. If you and, seemingly, most of the gaf fanbase are a charming bunch, then you have no reason to feel offended.

Squire

Banned

That was ignorance on my part. You can quote my posts if you're making a play to emberass me or something. I really couldn't care less.

Ha! Maybe we'll get lucky and have enough players for two rooms. Or maybe I'm just being idealistic. :p

I think I lose out either way :p

Sophia

You know, the original P4A OT had a rule saying to keep the region locking drama out of it. I've got a feeling that it might be a wise rule to follow in this thread. Or at least keep comments on it short and civil.

I think I lose out either way :p

One of these days I'll invent a warp machine and anyone who doesn't have the game can totally just come over here and play! :D

One of these days. ;_;

I wish i was in the UK and could get that sweet Vinyl, oh well i'm still playing the game and having a blast. Hopefully you guys across the pond will too.

Aigis_P4U_Victory_Pose.gif
tumblr_mhtqh4w9zF1r35b9ko1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_mew0v3j0fL1qd2z8ro1_500.gif

tumblr_m8kwn85MdE1qad76fo1_400.gif

tumblr_mkdv9vKw9I1s31u3vo1_500.gif

Yeah, there were plenty of posts that criticised those critising the region locking of P4A when the lock was announced and lead up to the US release.

Still, loved playing it in Tokyo, had a real blast that night.

I'm still so pissed about the region lock. Making it impossible for me to play the game for almost a year for no good reason. But yeah, I went ahead and re-preordered.

Gots to give Atlus some money so they can make a P5 to lock me out of for a year...

Shahed

I think I'll activate a free Lovefilm Trial just for this game, fly through the story, and then return it and end the trial

And to think I had this pre-ordered at some point

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Does someone know if that vinyl is gonna be available elsewhere?
Even if I pre-ordered (and I'll certainly not), GAME doesn't ship the thing outside the UK. And if it's really exclusive, that thing will go for a buttload on ebay and discogs after release :(

Stuart444

You know, the original P4A OT had a rule saying to keep the region locking drama out of it. I've got a feeling that it might be a wise rule to follow in this thread. Or at least keep comments on it short and civil.

While that seems like a good idea, it is the region locking drama that caused us to wait this long so keeping region locking talk out of an OT for this game seems like a lost cause. Keeping things civil might also be hard because region locking can be a rather heated subject.

Hopefully the PS4 isn't region locked (until it's confirmed that it's not or that it's just like this gen where most games won't be unless the publisher decides to, I'll keep saying this) so we don't have to worry about this again.

I remember that old PR thread where Atlus announced the game was region locked and the people defending the decision. All I could think was "Atlus aren't even thinking about other regions here" (since the PR only ever mentioned America/Japan) and "Most people defending this don't care as long as they get the game early" Which of course was mostly Americans who know from the PR that they were getting this in the same week (I think?) was the Japanese release.

*sighs* well in any case, that is all over now. Games almost out, some people will get it day 1 (like myself, meh), others will get it used, or get it new/cheap, whatever. It probably will be somewhat DoA when it's released but hopefully in time, we can all forget this region locked fiasco and hope it never happens again.

NEO0MJ

Considering this thread is for those affected by the rl I think it's fair. Besides, this is a good so we can get it out of the way for later.

Stuart444

I AM SO READY!!! AHHH IT'S BEEN SO LONG.

If anyone happens to be in the Scotlands - Then you should come along to this.

https://www.facebook.com/events/365661393554151/

ALSO LE giveaway. Top 10 get LE's LOL: http://personaeurope.com/beefbowl/

They keep wiping the board...

I would but

"Dundee"

No, that's worse than Edinburgh for me (Edinburgh is already too far for stuff at night time). At least if it was Glasgow, it'd be a quick 1 hour train/2 hour bus.

Ah well, if anyone here goes to that, have fun :)

God imagine if P5 is region-locked

woooooooo

That would be... Atlus would have not learned anything then.

At least NISA if their deal keeps up might bring it here after 3 or so months >_<

Dachande

Yeah, like a lot of people, screw this. I'll get it used or pick it up for £10 on PSN or something one day, fuck supporting this on release and saying thank you for a totally unnecessary delay.

Sophia

God imagine if P5 is region-locked

woooooooo

I don't think it will be. Altus doesn't usually include the Japanese voices, this was just a rare and very unfortunate exception.

I kinda feel sorry for Zen United tho. They're the ones who will be hurt the most by people deciding to skip out, and it's not even really their fault. :(

Top Bottom