• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Skilletor

Just ran in to 3-4 games of the worst lag ever :(. Just dropped on the last game (shortly after the round started and I could barely move). Never done that before. :/

Really digging this game. Played a long set with my friend's Yu. I was getting bodied. Have to be super patient against that guy, and that's not really my forte.

Definitely looking forward to getting experience fighting all of these characters.

TWILT

Banned
Zo46G.gif
Yeesss, just finished all of Yu's challenges! His last challenge isn't all that hard if you know what to do. Guess I'll try finishing Yukiko's next.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yeesss, just finished all of Yu's challenges! His last challenge isn't all that hard if you know what to do. Guess I'll try finishing Yukiko's next.
It's funny, after playing P4A I've grown to dislike Yu as a character just because he's the flowchart ken of this game

P4G should have added a FemC option too

Onemic

I think I've realized how terrible I am at this game. have like 35% win pct on ranked, and am only at a D+ on ranked after 60 matches and everyone I face knows their combos almost from the back of their heads. I dont know what to do to win, other characters have multiple high low mixups and mitsu literally has nothing but her AoA which has one of the slowest startups in the game. I'm beginning to give up on her.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think I've realized how terrible I am at this game. have like 35% win pct on ranked, and am only at a D+ on ranked after 60 matches.

Try a 0.5-10% W/L ratio and F- after 45 ranked.

You aren't terrible. I am terrible.

(And somehow I glitched the ranked C and 30 level trophies so uh... great. Done with ranked mode and forgetting online because I'm fucking terrible. Leaves the singleplayer modes to dick around with. Yay?)

LProtag

Try a 0.5-10% W/L ratio and F- after 45 ranked.

You aren't terrible. I am terrible.

(And somehow I glitched the ranked C and 30 level trophies so uh... great. Done with ranked mode and forgetting online because I'm fucking terrible. Leaves the singleplayer modes to dick around with. Yay?)

Keep practicing man! You'll get there. Just avoid ranked and try player matches. Find some sparring partners. It's all just training, think of it that way.

Beats

Man, Yukiko is so meter dependent. I can only get a little over 2k without meter usage.

Anyone want to play some matches?

I think I've realized how terrible I am at this game. have like 35% win pct on ranked, and am only at a D+ on ranked after 60 matches and everyone I face knows their combos almost from the back of their heads. I dont know what to do to win, other characters have multiple high low mixups and mitsu literally has nothing but her AoA which has one of the slowest startups in the game. I'm beginning to give up on her.

Cammy has no overhead but she's one of the best characters in SF4. You don't need mixups to hit people, just outprioritize them with your superior pokes and frustrate them into submission.

TheSeks

Cammy has no overhead but she's one of the best characters in SF4. You don't need mixups to hit people, just outprioritize them with your superior pokes and frustrate them into submission.

People frustrate me into suiciding. Stupid projectile spam. :|

Nyoro SF

Well spoken.

Man, Yukiko is so meter dependent. I can only get a little over 2k without meter usage.

Anyone want to play some matches?

It's all right, if Yukiko had legitimate damage she'd definitely be one of the top 3 characters. I enjoy playing her as-is, but I do wish her fans did a little bit more damage, or that Fire Charge had faster recovery.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty average for meterless

An AOA + fatal counter launch > air combo does around 2.5k for most people

For aigis the normal mode bnb I use only does 700 lol, but I value knockdowns and options over slightly more damage since an orgia combo nets 4-5k with 25 meter

Infinite

Mitsuru game is really straight forward it's just that she's really good at what she does.

BlackJace

Yeah milk, your Thanatos grab always got me. Then you comboed with Elizabeth's cards and then spiked me to the ground. My mind was fucked.

Xevren

Playing with Elizabeth and messing around with Mind Charge is so much fun. Of course it sucks if I fuck up and die a little early, but healing up is glorious. Been a long time since I got hate mail in a fighter but people don't like the healing at all.

Steaks

Cammy has a really good mixup game though.

Totally safe, ambiguous crossups/semi-unblockables that lead into insanely high damage.

Playing with Elizabeth and messing around with Mind Charge is so much fun. Of course it sucks if I fuck up and die a little early, but healing up is glorious. Been a long time since I got hate mail in a fighter but people don't like the healing at all.

I always do Mind Charge->SP Maziodyne. If it hits I immidiately do Diarahan twice XD

Yeah milk, your Thanatos grab always got me. Then you comboed with Elizabeth's cards and then spiked me to the ground. My mind was fucked.

You always managed to block the roar though, which was impressive. Most people get hit with that a few times before they decide to block. Thanatos is really vulnerable whenever I call him out, so try to jab him whenever you think it's safe.

LProtag

Got blown up a little bit on ranked. Fell for some cheesy tactics and I'm angry about it a little.

Time to cool off with training mode, heh.

BlackJace

You always managed to block the roar though, which was impressive. Most people get hit with that a few times before they decide to block. Thanatos is really vulnerable whenever I call him out, so try to jab him whenever you think it's safe.
Thanks I'll try that next time

Onemic

I just feel that playing against mitsuru is easy as all you need to to is hold down back and you're pretty much safe from any pressure she throws at you, compared to others where you constantly need to be aware of whether to block high or low or else you could be eating a massive combo. Mitsu is the only character in the game like that. Her A drill is also pretty shitty as you're in disadvantage on hit and on block in most cases. Making the midscreen game really hard if you can't push them into the corner, but that's hard as well because of the aforementioned point that it's hard to get a confirmed hit.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

lol what. I mean I agree with the point you're trying to make but Cammy's like the worst example you could come up with. The reason she's so good in SF4 is because her mixup is so good.

Thinking "hey maybe this isn't my type of character, maybe I should try someone else" is one thing, but if you're implying that Mitsuru is no good after playing her for less than a week...c'mon son.

I'm playing Mitsuru and I'm doing okish with her, even though I'm a SF player and the pace of a game like this is pretty alien to me.

Beats

It's all right, if Yukiko had legitimate damage she'd definitely be one of the top 3 characters. I enjoy playing her as-is, but I do wish her fans did a little bit more damage, or that Fire Charge had faster recovery.

That's one thing I'd really like, because right now I feel like I never have a chance to use it all that much during a match.

kewlmyc

Losing to a guy who only used Yu's auto combo is agrivating as all fuck. I think I'll take a break from playing Kanji in ranked matches. Might try to get better with either Yu or Akihiko.

LProtag

Man, those losses got to me and then I got flustered in training mode and started getting sloppy and angry I couldn't pull anything off. Need to walk away for a bit.

Onemic

Thinking "hey maybe this isn't my type of character, maybe I should try someone else" is one thing, but if you're implying that Mitsuru is no good after playing her for less than a week...c'mon son.

I'm playing Mitsuru and I'm doing okish with her, even though I'm a SF player and the pace of a game like this is pretty alien to me.

I'm saying I suck with her. She has to play her offense differently from the rest of the cast and as such I have no idea what to do.

TheSeks

You main Akihiko right? Only projectile spam that really fucks with us is Liz's.

Gotta bob/weave/fullscreenhook dat ass.

I can not for the life of me bob or weave or read peoples attacks to counter at all. :/

Top Bottom