• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Today is the day where I lose all my ranked games. ;_;

I CANNOT stop getting hit by wake up supers like a noob. @_@

It's a little sad watching a 5AAAA Chie get from B rank to A rank.

Ok I am sick of losing to the same Chie 5 times because wake up supers and 5AAAAA because I am an idiot.

don't play rank. You'll have tons more fun and you won't learn bad habits.

B00TE

don't play rank. You'll have tons more fun and you won't learn bad habits.

I'd play public all day if it had the matching thing that ranked has. Not like I have a problem making 2 player rooms and such but damn is it just nice to choose my character and go.

Solune

Futa, I think the term is. Niiiiice.

The joke is the way your avatar looks while you said that. >_>
Lol I know what you meant, I was joking too!
I just finished skipping through that archive, and I've got some time stamps:
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130?t=194m35s
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130?t=249m25s
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130?t=305m35s
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130?t=323m25s
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/328428130?t=350m50s

But I can't get any sound with them. It might be the timestamp bug on Twitch, or maybe I'm just doing it wrong, I don't know. The Biter's sets are at 3:14:38, 4:09:25, 5:05:42, 5:23:25 and 5:50:50 if any of you folks want to search for them yourself. They're pretty good, and he's got some nice delayed throw setups.

This is why the FGC is gawdlyke.

I sat down today and decided to dig into story mode finally.

I finished up Yu,Naoto,Labrys,Akihiko and Kanji's story chapters completely.
I did yosuke's and chie's till the cliffhanger.

I really liked Naoto's and Labrys' the most just because how much they dive into backstory of the game.

I also really liked the pre-fight exchange between akihiko and naoto in her story.

Major Major spoilers in the tag,

I'm really excited the way the story is heading and the fact that the major threat seem to humans trying to corrupt and/or steal other peoples personas has me really looking forward to Persona 5.

Got the SMP combo down.

That's funny how high the damage is. Over 7k if you do it before awakening.

Chances are if you landed it during awakening their health is low enough to die to the full loop.

Only problem is landing it during a real match. Only done it once so far.

I hope ASW patches that loop honestly. Not because 7k dmg is broken by any mean. It just makes the fate counter system weaker than it already is. Why would you ever go for fate counters when you can do a smp loop off a jump in that gives you corner options, and 5-7k dmg? If naoto currently need to rely on it to win then it says more about the problems of her toolkit and that it should be buffed.

Atleast that is how I feel about it. Its not the combo itself being powerful its just the combo is just so good that it changes the fundamentals of the characters imo.

beanman25

Looking to do 360 lobby tonight/tomorrow depending. Add me on 360 BobRichards91. I'm bad, so if anyone is looking to make themselves feel better invite me! (I'm watching Raw right now though!)

I hope ASW patches that loop honestly. Not because 7k dmg is broken by any mean. It just makes the fate counter system weaker than it already is. Why would you ever go for fate counters when you can do a smp loop off a jump in that gives you corner options, and 5-7k dmg? If naoto currently need to rely on it to win then it says more about the problems of her toolkit and that it should be buffed.

Atleast that is how I feel about it. Its not the combo itself being powerful its just the combo is just so good that it changes the fundamentals of the characters imo.

chances are, if ArcSys does patch the game again, that's exactly what they'd do. It's totally their style. Maybe they should hire you.

In other news, I'm STILL D+ rank. Fuck ranked matches.

Beats

Wow, player matches are so much better than ranked matches. You can get better without having to deal with cheap garbage.

Yeah, I tend to stay away from ranked matches in fighting games. I haven't played a single one in this. I feel it's much more fun playing the same person more than once and it can also be a better learning experience.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
chances are, if ArcSys does patch the game again, that's exactly what they'd do. It's totally their style.
I highly doubt it. Not only could they have done it from arcade -> console release, but the SMP loop is a feature, not a glitch. Naoto's challenge #30 is to do 10,000 damage in one combo and it essentially requires you to make use of it.

Noi

I've only stopped playing online for two days to do story mode and I already feel so behind on everything. Someone shoot me a PSN invite (Noisama), my Yukiko and Labrys need to warm up again. :x

Xevren

I'll throw my gamertag in the mix if someone wants to play. Don't have much experience yet but hopefully that will change. My 360 gt is Xevren11

I highly doubt it. Not only could they have done it from arcade -> console release, but the SMP loop is a feature, not a glitch. Naoto's challenge #30 is to do 10,000 damage in one combo and it essentially requires you to make use of it.

Is it really? Then I guess never mind then =(. I wished yukiko got even 4k dmg off a combo starter. I only get 4k with 100 sp and counter hit.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really? Then I guess never mind then =(. I wished yukiko got even 4k dmg off a combo starter. I only get 4k with 100 sp and counter hit.
Yeah, naoto's whole theme is mudo and instant death. If you play one just save your burst for the loop instead of using it like you normally do. Not necessarily good game design, but then again there's plenty of other things to complain about too.

Well, in BBCS multiple of Tao's challenges consisted in using the taunt loop and that didn't stop them from removing them in the next patch.

Yeah, naoto's whole theme is mudo and instant death. If you play one just save your burst for the loop instead of using it like you normally do. Not necessarily good game design, but then again there's plenty of other things to complain about too.

Meh I guess. I haven't found a naoto that could do the loop so its not like I'm salty from my personal loss. Its just how I see the game and character design. I really like the whole idea that naoto is about her IK and zoning, it makes her unique compared to the rest of the cast which is something I appreciate.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Meh I guess. I haven't found a naoto that could do the loop so its not like I'm salty from my personal loss. Its just how I see the game and character design. I really like the whole idea that naoto is about her IK and zoning, it makes her unique compared to the rest of the cast which is something I appreciate.
It's definitely practical though so you should watch out for it. I played a naoto in a player match who won a match by doing it both rounds when he had 10%~ hp left. It was pretty dumb but I wasn't being cautious and wasted my burst to continue pressure earlier in the match.

Noi

Yay, got Black Belt in only 20 matches with Labrys, 1 loss to a dirty Kanji. Level 30 seems to be too much effort in playing ranked.

Someone invite me to a lobby or something, I feel up to playing again. PSN: Noisama

Top Bottom