• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4: Arena |OT| Midnight's Just Around The Corner

Beats

That IAD jump A =X. I had so many games but i fucked up. That gold burst should of been a little later so it avoid the flames but I did it to early. and other random shittttttt.

GG

edit
Afterawhile I was just making mistakes during the later games. F =(

Good games. Yeah it's good, right? :p You started hitting me out of it though, so I had to stop doing it so much. Your persona pressure was hard to get out of as well sometimes. I might need to try that, but I'm afraid of having my persona broken. >_<

Maragidyne > Unblockable Maragidyne is pretty dirty.

Onemic

Why are Labrys and slab considered only B tier? Their mixups are godly and if they touch you its pretty much half your life gone whether midscreen or in the corner(especially). Mitsu has to hit you a lot to kill you.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Why are Labrys and slab considered only B tier? Their mixups are godly and if they touch you its pretty much half your life gone whether midscreen or in the corner(especially). Mitsu has to hit you a lot to kill you.

Mitsu midscreen 4.5k combos what are you talking about? They also lead to above average oki after

Mitsu has better faster and safer normals

She has more range"

She has better mix ups

she has a 1/3rd screen air unblockable super

you cant zone her and you cant rush her

S.lab and Lab are strong in the right hands and with practice, but mitsu is better by default. You have to understand how ArcSys games are. Just because someone is B tier doesn't mean they can't destroy the hell out of an S tier.

Good games. Yeah it's good, right? :p You started hitting me out of it though, so I had to stop doing it so much. Your persona pressure was hard to get out of as well sometimes. I might need to try that, but I'm afraid of having my persona broken. >_<

Maragidyne > Unblockable Maragidyne is pretty dirty.

I could of avoided a lot of it but I fucked up the timing really. I have a secret out of it but I didn't use it because...well its yukiko's dp and I felt like learning the hard way so I can incorporate it to other characters.

I tried late teching and that works. Double jump works as well and lastly you can outrun the flame and make the person guess a 50/50. Bursting also works but you have to time it right.

I lost the first few games just to get a feel on how you played. Once I DL that down it was all sailing but you adapted and I just kept fucking up games I could of won (gold burst early QQ). Overall good set.

I like yukiko because I can mix it up. I don't have to keep zoning. I just hate how yukiko loses to some matchups pretty bad.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
yeah.

and he knows more than Divegrab unlike every other Kanji.

not really, he knows a solid bnb but as you can see my stubbornness regarding anything DP related is the biggest thing. he literally didn't block anything in our last round. he just DP'd every single attack

not really, he knows a solid bnb but as you can see my stubbornness regarding anything DP related is the biggest thing. he literally didn't block anything in our last round. he just DP'd every single attack

Evasive action beats DP's. If you can bait one and EA it you can punish him after.

If he decides to grab instead, well, have fun on the way down.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Evasive action beats DP's. If you can bait one and EA it you can punish him after.

If he decides to grab instead, well, have fun on the way down.

the range on the shock is cray

dp all de time

i have no patience lol

Dr_Faust

Neo Member
Trying Mitsuru's challenges. How the heck do I do #13? Sweep then Coup Droit, but it gives me no time to do this!

EDIT: I'm psyched at the thought of being half decent at a fighting game, I just hate losing. I better get used to it though, haha.

Hold down back sweep then coup droit, the timing is pretty tight you have to do it as soon as you are able to, memorise how long it takes to charge and observe the animations.

Its one of the hardest challenge ive done, up to 18-21~ with 10 characters, most are not that bad though. Ive tried to practice it in training mode and cant pull it off consistently. Im on a pad so i dont think ill play mitsuru for now.

About cancel you need to hit the opponent first then you can cancel the rest of the animation with a move, not all moves are cancellable.

Here a list of what you can cancel http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Movement_%28P4Arena%29#Cancels

Beats

I could of avoided a lot of it but I fucked up the timing really. I have a secret out of it but I didn't use it because...well its yukiko's dp and I felt like learning the hard way so I can incorporate it to other characters.

I tried late teching and that works. Double jump works as well and lastly you can outrun the flame and make the person guess a 50/50. Bursting also works but you have to time it right.

I lost the first few games just to get a feel on how you played. Once I DL that down it was all sailing but you adapted and I just kept fucking up games I could of won (gold burst early QQ). Overall good set.

I like yukiko because I can mix it up. I don't have to keep zoning. I just hate how yukiko loses to some matchups pretty bad.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about her DP absorbing projectiles. I suppose against other characters it'd be much better to use the maragidyne > unblockable maragidyne. I tried super jumping out of it a few times, but I ended up getting caught by it anyway.

yeah, once you started getting really ahead in wins I had to step it up. :p

beanman25

Hold down back sweep then coup droit, the timing is pretty tight you have to do it as soon as you are able to, memorise how long it takes to charge and observe the animations.

Its one of the hardest challenge ive done, up to 18-21~ with 10 characters, most are not that bad though. Ive tried to practice it in training mode and cant pull it off consistently. Im on a pad so i dont think ill play mitsuru for now.

About cancel you need to hit the opponent first then you can cancel the rest of the animation with a move, not all moves are cancellable.

Here a list of what you can cancel http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Movement_%28P4Arena%29#Cancels

Thank you for that! I did it in 5 tries after reading this. Didn't think to db sweep. Thanks for the links also, should help a ton.

I planned on only playing for 30 minutes, and spent 3 hours playing instead. What a great game!

Ken

Today is the day where I lose all my ranked games. ;_;

I CANNOT stop getting hit by wake up supers like a noob. @_@

It's a little sad watching a 5AAAA Chie get from B rank to A rank.

Ok I am sick of losing to the same Chie 5 times because wake up supers and 5AAAAA because I am an idiot.

Top Bottom