• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Where is Teddie hanging out so I can advance his link? I want to make a Neko Shogun!
Teddie is a story line social link, like fool.
How do I fight the Reaper? I'm up to level 80 now and figure i'm more than safe. Can you even fight him in the first playthru?
Keep opening chests in dungeon. When you hear chains rattling, open more chests and he'll attack you from one.

bigkrev

Where is Teddie hanging out so I can advance his link? I want to make a Neko Shogun!

Teddie's SLink is done automatically at different points. As long as you don't end up on the Bad Ending path, you will Max him out by the end of the game

Ken

So is Neko Shogun any good? Looks funny.

BTW any strategies for taking out the treasure/rare hand monsters? I've just been doing Rush mode or whatever to try to get a critical -> dizzy but not much luck.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Signed up for Hulu+ and watched the first episode of Persona 4 Animation. Really liked it, but I think I'm gonna finish the game first before seeing the rest of episodes.

Will that point be obvious? I don't want the game spoiled, but that's still pretty vague.

I purposely kept it vague so as to not spoil anything. When I got to that part, I thought it was pretty obvious that whatever I chose would have some weight to it, unlike all the choices you've made before.

Squire

Banned
I purposely kept it vague so as to not spoil anything. When I got to that part, I thought it was pretty obvious that whatever I chose would have some weight to it, unlike all the choices you've made before.

Yeah, I saw you were trying to do, thanks. That was my question really; is it obvious. Cool beans.

Also, in addition to Yukiko, I've maxed out Chie and Marie's S. Links also.
And I'm dating all three.

Yeah, I saw you were trying to do, thanks. That was my question really; is it obvious. Cool beans.

Also, in addition to Yukiko, I've maxed out Chie and Marie's S. Links also.
And I'm dating all three.

I'm on my New Game + run right now to max all S. Links. I just got Rise and I have Nanako, Dojima, Yukiko, and Yosuke maxed. I almost have Chie maxed, too. It's so much easier to do this in NG+.

Squire

Banned
I'm on my New Game + run right now to max all S. Links. I just got Rise and I have Nanako, Dojima, Yukiko, and Yosuke maxed. I almost have Chie maxed, too. It's so much easier to do this in NG+.

Really, why? Just because you have a better understanding of what to do or does something carry over? I read they all reset on NG+.

Alfredo

Really, why? Just because you have a better understanding of what to do or does something carry over? I read they all reset on NG+.

You carry over your social stats, like Understanding and Expression, so you don't have to waste days building those up in order to progress your social links with people like Nanako and Dojima.

Squire

Banned
You carry over your social stats, like Understanding and Expression, so you don't have to waste days building those up in order to progress your social links with people like Nanako and Dojima.

Oh, right! That means I can do a lot less of the activities to build that stuff up, too. Hanging out with people at every opportunity! :D

Dantis

They need a better mix of music like that in the next game. There is just way too much jpop.

There's like, four J-Pop songs? (Signs of Love; Heartbeat, Heartbreak; Your Affection and Shadow World)

As far as soundtracks go, I just want them to drop Kitajoh's derpy shit. I could never listen to it outside of the game, and it makes me sad.

Also, for the most part, the reason the Reincarnation tracks aren't in is because they're stylistically different. The normal versions of the tracks fit P4's theme perfectly.

Ok so I'm a bit confused

The only other Persona I have played is P3, and in P3 I know I had to grind in Tartarus. I just finished
Yukiko's castle
and that boss fight was pretty hard. When do I grind in this game?

Romir

Ok so I'm a bit confused

The only other Persona I have played is P3, and in P3 I know I had to grind in Tartarus. I just finished
Yukiko's castle
and that boss fight was pretty hard. When do I grind in this game?

I simply replayed each dungeon once to fight the new shadow mini-bosses and I ended up becoming massively over-leveled.

Getting early-ish access to an ability that works well vs the treasure hands probably helped me too. Two shotting them was huge xp for a while.

Lusankya

Finally I can play this...but...er...isn't Very Hard mode the same as the original Persona 4 where you don't retry after a battle ?

You get less exp and money, also only on very easy you can retry a battle. On the other difficulties (besides very hard) you can retry the dungeon floor. Overall P4G is much easier than P4. The new Arcana Chance is just broken, especially once you begin having the Sweep Bonus. With all the stat+ cards every persona becomes a beast in no time.

I really regret playing only on hard difficulty.

I'm having troubles to defeat the first dungeon secret boss.

Any recomendations? I'm around level 14.

Oh, and I have my first encounter with Death D:

Dantis

Blerg, the True Story stuff is so incredibly dumb and pointless.

Taking up my valuable S Link time!

EDIT: Laura Bailey sings the song a lot better at least. And a couple of Teddie's gags are funny.

Is this worth playing if I think the writing and voice acting stinks or should I just skip it?

I went through phases in a spectrum of disinterest to love in a matter of about 5 hours with this game when I first played it. If your mind is already made up about the writing and voice acting without playing the game, then skip it, you probably won't enjoy it.

He beat me with just Command Fight. ;_;

I debuffed its attack and buffed my defense/evasion. Try to get those skills up. It may also be your level, my guys on Hard were at LV44-ish and had no problem. I also made a Black Frost, which is very good on that boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'm having troubles to defeat the first dungeon secret boss.

Any recomendations? I'm around level 14.

Oh, and I have my first encounter with Death D:

Level more (17-20), get a persona with STR resist and then... try and try again. Yosuke has a skill that allows to raise the evasion stats, that is useful too. I had Yosuke spamming that all the time, while using some Diamond Shield items when getting the enemy down to 1/3rd health.

Blerg, the True Story stuff is so incredibly dumb and pointless.

Taking up my valuable S Link time!

EDIT: Laura Bailey sings the song a lot better at least. And a couple of Teddie's gags are funny.

What's the matter, 2kawaii4u xD....I hate myself now.

Vlodril

I have a question. You have a set amount of time as far as i understand to save each person with each dungeon. What happens if you complete the dungeon the first day you get the option to lets say? Do you lose the time you could have used until the deadline came?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have a question. You have a set amount of time as far as i understand to save each person with each dungeon. What happens if you complete the dungeon the first day you get the option to lets say? Do you lose the time you could have used until the deadline came?

Well then you have more days to work on your stats or relationships. If you manage to do it, the best way to finish dungeons is in the least amount of days possible.

I still have it, but it's bad. I got some dust on it, failed to get it off, made it worse.

Ok, if you are into DIY kind of stuff you can do what I did - YMMV:

I let the face protector sit in very hot, steaming water for about 10 minutes and then washed off the adhesive layer on the screen portion. This makes it easy to dry off without getting dust on it because the adhesive is no longer on the screen portion. Some adhesive is still on the button/d-pad side areas which is fine, it allows it to stick to the Vita pretty well. Good luck!

Varna

There's like, four J-Pop songs? (Signs of Love; Heartbeat, Heartbreak; Your Affection and Shadow World)

You hear these the most though... battles, out on the town and during school (except night which that amazing track).

I'm glad
Teddie isn't the support character anymore
. His VA is fine, quiet entertaining but he got very annoying in that role.

I still want the option to just turn this VA off though. It's been how many years since people bitch and moaned about this before?

You hear these the most though... battles, out on the town and during school (except night which that amazing track).

I'm glad
Teddie isn't the support character anymore
. His VA is fine, quiet entertaining but he got very annoying in that role.

I still want the option to just turn this VA off though. It's been how many years since people bitch and moaned about this before?

*squeal* senpai that was so cool! good job yosuke senpai. *gasp* chie senpai are you ok? light em up yukiko senpai!

Top Bottom