• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
The concert is also available on DVD, probably purchasable from the usual import friendly sites.

Kyon

Banned
Just finished the Void Quest in one day. I 1 day'd all the other dungeons too. Thank GOD that stupid feature from 3 was never in 4 like when your allies die and they become tired etc. was so stupid. This was always better

Sophia

Not sure whether anyone has posted this here but someone uploaded the whole Persona Music Live 2012 Mayonaka TV in Tokyo International Forum concert on youtube. Fantastic :) The singers are really good live singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGwVvhhQNbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hk5iZtsuM

This is such an amazing concert. <3

I kind of miss letting your team explore without you and attack shadows independently of you for some reason...

There's a lot of features in 3 that I miss from 4. Randomized elements were almost completely ditched in P4 too, and one-daying dungeons just seems wrong when the game is on a time limit. P4's still the better game overall, tho.

Ponn

Banned
You have to listen to every single one of Rise's lines during battle.

"There are three enemies!"
"This shadow is weak against fire"
"Darkness won't work"
"It's an easy one, just use wind"
"It's a strong one, don't use ice"

etc.

If you are overleveled, you are screwed since you won't be hearing her strong shadows and medium shadows lines.

This has to be done all in one play through.

You forgot the best one.

"Yosuke was cool?"

Ken

Not sure whether anyone has posted this here but someone uploaded the whole Persona Music Live 2012 Mayonaka TV in Tokyo International Forum concert on youtube. Fantastic :) The singers are really good live singers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGwVvhhQNbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8hk5iZtsuM

What's the song at 34:30? Is that some "full version" of Reach Out?

The concert is also available on DVD, probably purchasable from the usual import friendly sites.

Here's a dumb question. Do they ever release any kind of audio CD for the concert?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a dumb question. Do they ever release any kind of audio CD for the concert?

Not too sure but there's always the option of ripping the audio from the DVDs I guess.

Golbez

Xlat2l.jpg

Aw, only one Chie this time. Bummer.

LuchaShaq

Banned
This is such an amazing concert. <3

There's a lot of features in 3 that I miss from 4. Randomized elements were almost completely ditched in P4 too, and one-daying dungeons just seems wrong when the game is on a time limit. P4's still the better game overall, tho.

I didn't 1 day dungeons in my first play through of P4 because I actually had to try and figure out the fox quests so he was way more costly, I constantly wasted money/fucked up fusions etc.

Ponn

Banned
I still want to know what Kanji is sprinkling on to his watermelon.

Don't know about Japan but I know people that salt their melons, watermelon, honeydew, etc.

Am I the only one that watches that awesome intro just about everytime you start up the game?

If you are trying to clear the dungeons in a single day then you really don't have enough SP to fight every monster AND fight the two bosses if you are fighting every single enemy. This is assuming you don't just spam the SOS feature then maybe its possible to fight every enemy and clear a dungeon in a day.

Oh, I spam the SOS feature and usually get 1-2 replies each battle. Even without that I still stock up on TaPs(can usually get 20-30 before going in) and have been focusing on Fox to get discounts on his services though I've never actually had to. Plus if you explore the entire floor you get a bunch of chests that usually contain snuff souls that up your sp significantly. Also if necessary use the shuffle time card that gives you HP and SP. It's really not that hard to go through a dungeon in one day while exploring every floor completely.

Varna

I kind of miss letting your team explore without you and attack shadows independently of you for some reason...

It was a nice touch. Good way to grind for treasures as well (especially for those rare weapons/armor).

One thing I really miss is being able to equip any weapon on the MC. It was such a nice little touch. I have no idea why they removed it in P4 (and P3P... those fuckers). They also took out the three types physical damage... another lame way they kind of dumbed down the combat.

Let's hope they bring this stuff back. If it's all randomized I don't understand why you can just toggle an option when you start that lets dungeon just get crazy big. I love dungeon crawling and in P3/P4 it's always feels like it's cut short.

Ponn

Banned
Oh, I spam the SOS feature and usually get 1-2 replies each battle. Even without that I still stock up on TaPs(can usually get 20-30 before going in) and have been focusing on Fox to get discounts on his services though I've never actually had to. Plus if you explore the entire floor you get a bunch of chests that usually contain snuff souls that up your sp significantly. Also if necessary use the shuffle time card that gives you HP and SP. It's really not that hard to go through a dungeon in one day while exploring every floor completely.

Yea, i'm playing very hard and since the 1st dungeon i've been 1 daying both the previous dungeon and the new dungeon. I need those precious days for social linking. I've used the fox once before dungeons. It's mostly SP management, using HP+SP shuffle cards wisely (3 cups or more), making good use of limited SP items and not spamming the MA's. Now with more characters I can also swap out characters in between dungeons now to and keep everyone relatively leveled up. .

20 hours in now. This is my first Persona. I must say, as a guy who absolutely hates anime, JRPG's (fuck Xenoblade), J-pop and just about every bit of Japanese culture...

This game is fucking awesome.

Varna

20 hours in now. This is my first Persona. I must say, as a guy who absolutely hates anime, JRPG's (fuck Xenoblade), J-pop and just about every bit of Japanese culture...

This game is fucking awesome.

This is me pretty much (though I have always been fond of the SMT & co. series of games). In the back of my mind I a lot of the things in this game would just bug the shit out of me. But I can't stop playing.

I just really love the "everyday" type gameplay. So many other games just rush you from one big story moment to the next without ever making you feel like anything is really at stake. This game moves at a snails pace though and it just makes all the big moments all the more meaningful.

20 hours in now. This is my first Persona. I must say, as a guy who absolutely hates anime, JRPG'S, J-pop and just about every bit of Japanese culture...

This is fucking awesome.

*SHHHHHHHHINNK*(Slink level up sound.)

Though the power of Persona 4's actions, "Baller, PhD" has accepted his true self.

*Sound of card breaking in his hand*

Baller, PhD has gained Persona "Neogaf"!

Jintor

P4 probably tops my pantheon of "RPG Parties Who Also Appear To Be Actual Friends"

I also really like that there's always a bunch of group events, so even with social links it never devolves into 'MC/Mission is the only thing holding this group together'. You're a part of a larger whole.

Ponn

Banned
*SHHHHHHHHINNK*(Slink level up sound.)

Though the power of Persona 4's actions, "Baller, PhD" has accepted his true self.

*Sound of card breaking in his hand*

Baller, PhD has gained Persona "Neogaf"!

*calls Baller,PhD*

"Hey yo. I know you have like 20 other Social Links to work on and tons of books to read but we should go into the TV tomorrow for no real reason and waste a day."

Maxed Dojima's S. Link. Any tips to boost my Expression? Can I still get a job for that? Also, is it worth it to start Noato's S. Link? It's late Oct. for me.

Tower S.Link is a good way to get expression. Translate when he's not available. Since you have Dojima maxed, that frees up more of your nights. You should finish up Nanako while you're at it. You still have quite a few months to do social links so definitely start up Naoto, especially if you use Naoto in your party.

Xena

Hey, I maxed my first s.link! I have a question, do I still have to carry around a persona of that s.link or now that it's maxed I don't have to worry about it anymore?

Trigger

Hey, I maxed my first s.link! I have a question, do I still have to carry around a persona of that s.link or now that it's maxed I don't have to worry about it anymore?

You don't have to worry about it anymore. That's the weird thing about social links. These characters have heartbreaking confessions, go through rough periods, and bond with the MC through fun laughter..........................and then you dump them like a bad habit and move on. lol, the only exception are the girlfriends who at least get events dedicated to hanging out with them (and fight alongside you).

Top Bottom