• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well I better get that shit fucking maxed asap. I've been waiting until rainy days to turn in fox quests because there's NOTHING ELSE TO FUCKING DO ON RAINY DAYS, everyone social links off
If you care about the Skill Cards trophy, use those days to get the rarer cards. I wish I did that earlier.

Squire

Banned
If you care about the Skill Cards trophy, use those days to get the rarer cards. I wish I did that earlier.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Explains why I was picking up so many different cards last night.

Man, I really want online card/persona trading in P5.

Necrovex

I started my play-through of Persona 4 Golden. I am about halfway through the intro section (an hour and a half through!), and I thought of something really bad. When I met Teddie, I thought of the film, Ted because my mother and father was watching it earlier. When Teddie pushed Yosuke, Chie, and myself into the TV....Well, I thought of Chie X Teddie, and horrible thoughts occurred. I'm sorry, Chie. :-(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I didn't even know that was a thing. Explains why I was picking up so many different cards last night.

Man, I really want online card/persona trading in P5.

When it rains you pick up rarer items in the TV, including drops and I think from chests as well.

Jintor

Kind of funny that Rise's level'd up Persona actually has worse stats than her original

Not that it matters since she doesn't fight, of course, but still

Kind of funny that Rise's level'd up Persona actually has worse stats than her original

Not that it matters since she doesn't fight, of course, but still

Pretty much the same thing happened with Fuuka's Persona, even worse that she was gaining stats as she was leveling.

Ugh..

3rd dungeon spoilers:

Finished up Shadow Rise no problem. Moved on to Shadow Teddy. Not having any trouble, got him down to bear-ly a sliver of HP left. And then... Mabufula one shots the MC for 393 HP. Love it.

Sophia

Ugh..

3rd dungeon spoilers:

Finished up Shadow Rise no problem. Moved on to Shadow Teddy. Not having any trouble, got him down to bear-ly a sliver of HP left. And then... Mabufula one shots the MC for 393 HP. Love it.

Something similar just happened to me. I've gone back to Yukiko's castle to abuse the hell out of Sweep Bonuses and the stats they give. :p

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wow, far too easy to abuse the stat increases from Sweep Bonus. Izanagi only runs must be easier than hell. >.<;

I never really used Izanagi after the first dungeon.

Then again, I didn't have good luck on the skill card draws either. :p

Managed to save (should this be spoiler tagged? Eh, 3rd dungeon person)
Rise
in one day. Feels good. I have a massive amount of money and loot to show for it, too. Leveled from 29-37 before finishing it up.

Sophia

Down goes Shadow
Teddie
. Huzzah! Real easy when you've got a Persona that blocks ice. :3

27 hours 49 minutes playtime.

Managed to save (should this be spoiler tagged? Eh, 3rd dungeon person)
Rise
in one day. Feels good. I have a massive amount of money and loot to show for it, too. Leveled from 29-37 before finishing it up.

Whooa. Either you went into overkill or I'm underleveled. Just beat it at 30. :p

Down goes Shadow
Teddie

That's what I did after getting beaten by him the first time, although I think it would be unnecessary as long as you guard after he uses his magic buff. I was using.. High Pixie, who is weak to ice, and then switched to Titania the second time, who is immune. :p

Whooa. Either you went into overkill or I'm underleveled. Just beat it at 30. :p

Probably overkill. I finished the second dungeon at around 27 -- I like grinding a little bit since it lets me not have to worry about money/combat difficulty that much. I also end up grinding when I'm doing something multi-task friendly around the house.

Sophia

That's what I did after getting beaten by him the first time, although I think it would be unnecessary as long as you guard after he uses his magic buff. I was using.. High Pixie, who is weak to ice, and then switched to Titania the second time, who is immune. :p

I used a Titania who was loaded with Tier 2 healing and single target spells, effectively freeing Yukiko up to cast fire spells whenever needed. Didn't have to switch at all.

Yeah Magician arcana cards are pretty crazy. Nothing like getting Mahamaon or Megidolaon early on.

Oh yeah, I got a few Mahamon cards early on now that I think about it. Really devastating. :D

Top of void quest pre boss. Level 51. 95hr 51m. Come at me.

Pls help my habit of leaving RPGs idle for long periods pls

And cuz of magician I'm running around with Mahamon, Mamudoon, Myriad Arrows, and Megidolaon.

Squire

Banned
Turned down Yukiko. That wasn't so bad! She totally booked it though, damn.

EDIT: I can't do it. I'm going back in! YUKIKO!!

Squire

Banned
The funniest frendzoning in the game. Seriously.

I just reloaded and did other things. I'll wait for Rise to join up, then crank up her link and decide then. Or I'll just date them both again.

I'm gonna do a third run after this to max all the S. Links, so I can always just date Yukiko then.

Noi

Down goes Shadow
Teddie

I'm doing Rise in one day as well, and I'm level 22. Then again, you know what the difference is...

I'm at 32 hours 31 minutes. :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Question about Valentine's:
Did anyone go into that scene without having the lovers flag on everyone? Does it play out differently if you only choose one of the girls like you should?

Top Bottom