• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I see there are five slots on the shelf this time. All for models?

I felt like a monster.

She really had no one to blame but herself. She should have gotten the message after I rejected her Christmas AND New Years offering AND went to the cabin with Naoto. I mean, what more do you have to do to get through to her?

Yaska

I had really easy time against everything 'til the last boss.
the true ending's last boss' last phase completely obliterated me with that Judgement skill and physical attack combo T_T
. regardless, GOTY for me ( first time playing Persona 4).

Jintor

So someone more versed in Megaten lore tell me: all the Shadows have masks, and as far as I can tell, it appears that they're all numbered. What do those masks mean?

The last dungeon is so great. I'd forgotten how much I liked it until I replayed Golden.

It really is. It has a wonderful aesthetic and combined with the accompanying track it has this air of
hopelessness and finality

I especially like the use of the track
during the bad/not-so-bad ending

Really gets the point that you fucked up across

Just got to this part...
ZEkBf.jpg

Dantis

So I just came across the True Story scene again.

I still hate it.

But here's what I'm wondering: Maybe it's just an age thing? I'm 23, and I feel like scenes like that would probably appeal more to the under 18 crowd? Do any of the adults in here (I would assume I'm not the only one here over 18, haha) like those kinds of scenes?

It really is. It has a wonderful aesthetic and combined with the accompanying track it has this air of
hopelessness and finality

Yep, it's great. The whole thing feels so empty and final.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So I just came across the True Story scene again.

I still hate it.

But here's what I'm wondering: Maybe it's just an age thing? I'm 23, and I feel like scenes like that would probably appeal more to the under 18 crowd? Do any of the adults in here (I would assume I'm not the only one here over 18, haha) like those kinds of scenes?

Yep, it's great. The whole thing feels so empty and final.

You mean the second bath scene? I think I'm too used to it by now. I grew up watching anime and there were scenes that were similar so it's not that off-putting for me. It's like, I know it's coming, so I kinda expect it.

Yukiko I thought you were supposed to take and survive mortal blows for me. what gives? Were you not supposed to take that gods hand to the face for me? Didn't even know that seemingly weak white hand enemy in void quest was actually a STR beast

Dantis

You mean the second bath scene? I think I'm too used to it by now. I grew up watching anime and there were scenes that were similar so it's not that off-putting for me. It's like, I know it's coming, so I kinda expect it.

Well there's that as well, but I meant specifically the band scene.

Well there's that as well, but I meant specifically the band scene.

Both work for kids humor and otaku humor, double edged sword

I'm 21 and I didn't mind the og p4 hot springs because that scene was played up more for comedy than showing Maries asscrack, did I really need to see Maries asscrack game?

Jintor

Shit, what S.link level is minimum required for Marie when the December revelations start rolling to get her to 10 by December 22nd?

Otherwise might have to roll back a few saves...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Both work for kids humor and otaku humor, double edged sword

I'm 21 and I didn't mind the og p4 hot springs because that scene was played up more for comedy than showing Maries asscrack, did I really need to see Maries asscrack game?

I don't remember that, all I saw was steam everywhere.

You must have been selectively looking for it. :p

Shit, what S.link level is minimum required for Marie when the December revelations start rolling to get her to 10 by December 22nd?

Otherwise might have to roll back a few saves...

She's there every day in December, regardless of rank I believe.

Eurgh.

Seriously. :/
tumblr_llskirslrl1qb8m44o1_500.jpg

I have been desensitized to shameless pandering.

At least there's the obligatory joke about
Yosuke's dingle
hanging out.

And that band scene was implausible but ridiculous but fun. It's funny that MC doesn't use the instrument he's been practicing in the music club, but of course it's cooler to have him on a stringed instrument.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
tumblr_llskirslrl1qb8m44o1_500.jpg

I have been desensitized to shameless pandering.

At least there's the obligatory joke about
Yosuke's dingle
hanging out.

And that band scene was implausible but ridiculous but fun. It's funny that MC doesn't use the instrument he's been practicing in the music club, but of course it's cooler to have him on a stringed instrument.

Yeah, I feel the same way, it's just like "eh, another bath scene whoopie-doo"

That is, of course if you join the music club, I stay away from there. And he's on bass, so that wins.

I don't remember that, all I saw was steam everywhere.

You must have been selectively looking for it. :p

She's there every day in December, regardless of rank I believe.

Someone posted me a link to the scene in a chat and actually told me "You can see her asscrack." I wish I was kidding. I immediately burst out laughing.

Dantis

Someone posted me a link to the scene in a chat and actually told me "You can see her asscrack." I wish I was kidding. I immediately burst out laughing.

Someone in this very topic said that all they took from that scene was "Marie has a smokin' hot bod".

Why do people say these things.

I'm in september and I'm getting a little worried about the SL stuff, true endings, post-game and whatnot. I have focused on SL:s I actually want to progress and not bothered much with the mom, the creepy nurse (not gonna cheat on Yukiko) and plenty others I haven't even found. Will I miss something important?

I'm in september and I'm getting a little worried about the SL stuff, true endings, post-game and whatnot. I have focused on SL:s I actually want to progress and not bothered much with the mom, the creepy nurse (not gonna cheat on Yukiko) and plenty others I haven't even found. Will I miss something important?
So long as you've maxed the Aeon link, you still have a decent amount of time, especially if your knowledge is maxed so you don't have to study anymore.

Good to start thinking about prioritizing though and maybe putting some on the (maybe permanent) backburner. The Death one in particular is great but extra tricky because there's a very limited number of days you can spend with that character.

Also I think the nurse doesn't count as a girlfriend, but it'll definitely make you feel sleazy.

ALSO if you're worried about missing an s-link, here's a full list
All party members
Marie
Adachi
Dojima
Nanako
Soccer player or Basketball player (can only choose one)
Drama club or music club (can only choose one)
Rebellious redhead
Old woman
Saki's brother
Nurse
Mom
Tutor

Quest dependent versus time dependent:
Fox
Margaret

lupin23rd

Coming up to December in my NG+ and pretty sure I won't be able to max out the links as planned. Ugh. I am going to rip through that NG++.

Sweet! I managed to get Victory Cry on a Skill Change. Victory Cry is a passive skill that fully restores HP and SP after every fight. Now every time I fuse a new Persona, I'll make sure to pass this along to it.

Man do I dislike how the game just doesn't let me do anything when it should be perfectly reasonable that I can.

Especially those nights to check the midnight channel. Do I really need to spend the entire evening preparing myself to watch TV?

The random skips of time at the end of the year doesn't help either.

I just got this game, only an hour in.

Is there any substantial gameplay?

Seems like I'm just watching a movie. Tons of dialogue and very little game aspects...

Sophia

Seems like I'm just watching a movie. Tons of dialogue and very little game aspects...

It has a long beginning, and it's a very story heavy game (although you get to participate in the story!) Keep with it and you'll eventually get past the tutorial and hit Yukiko's Castle where it's all gameplay.

It has a long beginning, and it's a very story heavy game (although you get to participate in the story!) Keep with it and you'll eventually get past the tutorial and hit Yukiko's Castle where it's all gameplay.

Yeah, you just have to get past all the setup. Takes a few hours to get going.

Cool, thanks. I like what I've played so far, just was getting a bit worried that there wouldn't be much else :)

Necrovex

I forgot how amazing the Hiimdaisy comic dub is, man it really puts me in the mood to play more Persona.

Expect three hours of watching Persona 4.

Man do I dislike how the game just doesn't let me do anything when it should be perfectly reasonable that I can.

Especially those nights to check the midnight channel. Do I really need to spend the entire evening preparing myself to watch TV?
Main character is prone to panic attacks, and has to calm down after checking the midnight channel, even if there's no one on it.

The best though is using the vending machine during a rainy day. Apparently he was entranced by that thing for hours.

stktt

Banned
Main character is prone to panic attacks, and has to calm down after checking the midnight channel, even if there's no one on it.

The best though is using the vending machine during a rainy day. Apparently he was entranced by that thing for hours.

I've always wondered what he could possibly be discussing with the fox for several hours at a time.

Top Bottom