• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

It's AIC Asta, actually. The production was riddled with problems from the start (tweets about animators not getting paid, unhappy staff, etc) and it showed in the anime itself. So many episodes hampered by terrible art... it's a pity because I would've stuck with it to the end FOR CHIE (my flavor of the month p4 waifu back then with the JP dub).

Yup, AIC A.S.T.A, and GunxSword was (IMO!) their best animation.

Shame about the production problems. I hope Persona 3 the Movie doesn't get hit by that. P4A was genuinely good looking in scenes where they didn't have issues.

Marie is ok except her annoying qualities. Also her link gives you more hang out scenes with most of the group. Ken is generally an unpleasant and unlikable jerk who got one of my favorite p3 characters killed...and that was his intent too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You know, it looks like everyone who uploaded videos picked the harem ending... and I've never actually seen what happens when you turn down a girl. lol

I assume it has lots of tears?

I turned down Yukiko. She gets mad at you and wants to talk in the hallway after Naoto walks by and asks to see you(don't know if it's the same with other girls). She asks where you're going, and I told her that I can't tell you, and she says something all shaky voice like 'Why can't you tell your girlfriend?'

I've heard Chie will make you feel awful.

Jintor

Wow, you can really feel the shoe-horned-ness of the Marie s-link scenes by virtue of the fact that they're s-link scenes

Rise's made me feel pretty bad.

haha lol

>go to eat steak skewers
>ENTIRE PARTY SHOWS UP BY COINCIDENCE

subtle. or sub-buttle, as the case may be

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I turned down Yukiko. She gets mad at you and wants to talk in the hallway after Naoto walks by and asks to see you(don't know if it's the same with other girls). She asks where you're going, and I told her that I can't tell you, and she says something all shaky voice like 'Why can't you tell your girlfriend?'

I've heard Chie will make you feel awful.

Actually, I meant turning them down during the actual S-link event. I assume it changes their final few S-link events drastically... would they even bother asking to go to your room at that point?

Jintor

Actually, I meant turning them down during the actual S-link event. I assume it changes their final few S-link events drastically... would they even bother asking to go to your room at that point?

No, you get an alternate 'normal' scene at some location instead

Yukiko and Rise probably have the most obvious crushes on MC though, even in their 'friend' s-links

TWILT

Banned
Marie was okay. Even if her poetry is terrible.

Ken is easily the worst. I wish I could have (P3 spoilers)
have him die instead of Shinjiro.

Sophia

No. No. And No.

Marie is fine, at least she doesn't look like a 10 year old. :p

And I like her style. (I'm apparently weird, or something)

I'll take the 10 year old's social link over the person with a completely mismatched outfit and awful poetry. >_>;

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I went with Yumi first runthrough because I knew I was going to NG+, so I think I probably got the 'pure' version of the ski event (since she doesn't come with you, obviously)

Do you
still get the option to pick which girl to go with and end up in a cabin with?

Dantis

Fun anecdote about Yumi: Before I played the game, I read a review where someone said they spent far too long maxing the Sun S Link just to see the story's conclusion. Obviously, I laughed heartily because I'd finished Persona 3 already and was much more sensible than that.

Then I did the exact same thing.

The S Links just pull me in, man. I had to know how it ended!

Jintor

They're pretty basic really

I like Yumi's writing a lot. Her voice actress though, doesn't really fit her in my opinion.

I really liked hanging with her and the sports team though. They're a pretty cool alternate friend group.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, that makes perfect sense.

During Valentine's,
do you still get the scene where the girls freak out about how they'll give you chocolate before jumping straight to Yumi? Or do they just all give you obligation chocolate? lol

They're pretty basic really

I like Yumi's writing a lot. Her voice actress though, doesn't really fit her in my opinion.

I really liked hanging with her and the sports team though. They're a pretty cool alternate friend group.
Moon, Sun, Strength, and Hanged-Man would make a decent Bizarro Investigation Team actually. lol

Jintor

I got that, and because I was dating Rise, she also freaked out at me a bit

She invites you to the 1-1 classroom, but knows you have to go see someone else and is sad about it. She feels you're not taking her seriously which... well... if you get that scene, you're not, you jerkwad

Dantis

She invites you to the 1-1 classroom, but knows you have to go see someone else and is sad about it. She feels you're not taking her seriously which... well... if you get that scene, you're not, you jerkwad

Most of the new girlfriend stuff was a bit too fanservicey and weird for me, but that scene was excellently written.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Most of the new girlfriend stuff was a bit too fanservicey and weird for me, but that scene was excellently written.

Naoto's New Years and Ski Trips are really well done.

That said, Valentine's and Christmas are kinda sexual.

No, you get an alternate 'normal' scene at some location instead

Yukiko and Rise probably have the most obvious crushes on MC though, even in their 'friend' s-links

I mean, Chie's is kind of obvious at some point in her chain. I think it's like 6 to 7 she says something that's like ' iwant to protect you too' or something before you even choose a lovers relationship.

Kind of my argument to the girls getting mad when I harem. All of them made me feel real bad about what they would say if I wasn't interested.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Do
Chie and Yukiko still have their freakout in the classroom before that Rise scene? They'd have no reason to care if you friendzoned them I suppose...

I like Yumi as a character a lot, she's bubbly and funny, and seems like a very cool person...A shame her slink is 70% sad depressing times

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I also like Yosuke's reaction on the ski trip when you pick 'Jealous?'. I think almost all of the new stuff is really well written except for youknowhostupidjerk
Turning down Naoto on Valentine's Day is clearly the saddest. Anybody who disagrees has no soul.

Anyone who doesn't hang out with the guys on Valentine's has no soul.
me, but I did it the second time

Squire

Banned

Yeah, I thought that was really great. Rise pretty much calls you out and I think the scene does a major service to her character in a minor way. She's played for laughs so often, but she really isn't a joke. I loved that scene. I respected it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like how
Yosuke asks you "Don't you have a bunch of dates? Huh?" If only they knew the truth.

I love Kanji's delivery of
sure, why not? when Yosuke says they're spending the day together.
Like Kanji's basically saying, 'sure, why wouldn't we?'

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if they have a freakout, but there's some passive-aggressiveness there I think

Well, in the scene before your "date", they're all in the classroom and in my version
Chie and Yukiko freak out about giving chocolate to you - they run out of the classroom at the end of the scene, Rise shows up and says she's saving her chocolate, and Naoto shows up and says she wants to see you later too.

But none of that would make sense if you friendzone them though. lol

Jintor

Despite how heavily the game kind of pushes Kanji/Naoto, I find it kind of a pity intra-group relationships don't really develop much outside of the Investigation Team main story. That's why I like heading to Junes with Dojima and Nanako - you'll always run into other members of your team just hanging out. Yukiko and Kanji chilling was probably the funniest, they start talking about hair dye.

Well, in the scene before your "date", they're all in the classroom and in my version
Chie and Yukiko freak out about giving chocolate to you - they run out of the classroom at the end of the scene, Rise shows up and says she's saving her chocolate, and Naoto shows up and says she wants to see you later too.

But none of that would make sense if you friendzone them though. lol

Well, friendzoning Naoto, Chie and Yukiko results in Naoto not showing up I think and Chie and Yukiko just giving generic 'friend chocolates' to everyone in the group, but they're still embarassed by it so they just toss them on the table and leave

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What happens if you turn down Ai? I'm assuming she just fucking shoots you.
Despite how heavily the game kind of pushes Kanji/Naoto, I find it kind of a pity intra-group relationships don't really develop much outside of the Investigation Team main story. That's why I like heading to Junes with Dojima and Nanako - you'll always run into other members of your team just hanging out. Yukiko and Kanji chilling was probably the funniest, they start talking about hair dye.

The original didn't really. It pushed that Kanji liked Naoto, but if you say 'No way' when they ask about Kanji and Naoto as a couple, Naoto says something flatly like 'Kanji's nice, but there's no way he's my type'. Like it's real ball busting.

Miker

The original didn't really. It pushed that Kanji liked Naoto, but if you say 'No way' when they ask about Kanji and Naoto as a couple, Naoto says something flatly like 'Kanji's nice, but there's no way he's my type'. Like it's real ball busting.

Re: Kanji/Naoto - having just finished the PS2 version and watched all of the new scenes in Golden, I think it's really played up in Golden (mainly via Brosuke) and in the anime (culture fair spoilers)
Kanji's nosebleed when Naoto's called and doesn't even come on stage

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Well, friendzoning Naoto, Chie and Yukiko results in Naoto not showing up I think and Chie and Yukiko just giving generic 'friend chocolates' to everyone in the group, but they're still embarassed by it so they just toss them on the table and leave
That makes sense. A bit disappointing that they didn't change it too much, but what can ya do.

Nothing, unfortunately. They didn't bother doing anything with Moon or Sun. :/

I chose to be in a monogamous relationship with Chie
and Naoto just walks pass the classroom not giving any thoughts. just says hello, Yukiko does the same slamming her chocolate onto the table telling them to distribute among themselves. She speaks less aggressive and more embarrassed than the harem version I watched on youtube, it then plays out the same, leaving Chie alone for her to do the same thing.
Oh and I was surprised that Yousuke teased Chie and Yu on wanting to be alone when she's the only one left to give out chocolates.

Top Bottom