• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was kind of hoping for Strange Journey costumes in Golden.

Those things are awesome looking. One of my favorite designs of all time.

Dresden

Huh, it doesn't? I remember hearing about some Valentines thing they tossed in for Golden. Don't tell me more though, I'll find out myself.

jiggles

Banned
75 hours and I'm done with the True Ending.

Amazing. I dare say, one of my favourite games ever.

New Game+ starts right now. Would I need a guide to max all the social links, or should I be able to do it comfortably enough on my own, now that my character has max stats and I know to bring the correct persona with me for every meeting?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
75 hours and I'm done with the True Ending.

Amazing. I dare say, one of my favourite games ever.

New Game+ starts right now. Would I need a guide to max all the social links, or should I be able to do it comfortably enough on my own, now that my character has max stats and I know to bring the correct persona with me for every meeting?

You should be fine as long as you remember when to visit Death and Jester.

Miker

Knife shaped radio. Stop being so moe Naoto.

I loved Naoto's s. link due to being a big detective buff when I was a kid (
riddles and invisible ink! squee
) and i love all of her ghetto gadgetry, but "knife-shaped radio" made my eyes roll into the back of my head. The gadgets also made her New Year's Eve scene my favorite as well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nanako is still Moest.

tumblr_mfswlc9ePv1rlzuupo7_1280.jpg

I like to think Adachi is the one who teaches Yu random magic tricks just to blow Nanako's mind every time.

Ponn

Banned
Wow, my 2nd playthrough just became worthless. I dont like using guides, especially some strict day by day max SL guide but i figured concentrating on just SL and having max stats it would be possible. Nope, at last day with 4 SL sitting at 8s and 9s. one of which is stupid fishing one and Naoto so i cant fuse super Izanagi either. I dont even think i can get that one battle to pop without super izanagi. My only choice is to go back to a nov save, get naoto max and at least salvage two trophies. First the book trophy now this, im depressed to hell.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Wow, my 2nd playthrough just became worthless. I dont like using guides, especially some strict day by day max SL guide but i figured concentrating on just SL and having max stats it would be possible. Nope, at last day with 4 SL sitting at 8s and 9s. one of which is stupid fishing one and Naoto so i cant fuse super Izanagi either. I dont even think i can get that one battle to pop without super izanagi. My only choice is to go back to a nov save, get naoto max and at least salvage two trophies. First the book trophy now this, im depressed to hell.
What date are you at though? Are you already into February or something?

Jayhawk

I just finished my first play through and got the True Ending. This has to be my favourite game in the past few years. Out of impulse after finishing the game, I bought P3P off PSN and started playing that for the first time.

December spoilers Need Advice
I am stuck against the 2nd miniboss in Magetsu Inaba. I know he's weak to Physical attacks but I'm getting my shit handed to me by his Almighty spam. I can survive it for a bit but my team can't... Yuki, Teddie, and Kanji are around 40ish and im nearing 60 and I think I need to do some heavy grinding

Ponn

Banned
What date are you at though? Are you already into February or something?

yea, for some reason even though i had just beat it i kept thinking i still had two weeks or so after feb dungeon. Alas Valentines day then fast forward.

The only thing i think i messed up on is i didnt start getting fortunes from the shrine till Nov. There were a few job SL that were a pain in the ass to level that took up a lot of time. stupid daycare.

I wanna play this again, but I just can't bring myself to do it

Can I strategically inflict myself with amnesia so I just forget about this game?

Joe Molotov

December spoilers Need Advice
I am stuck against the 2nd miniboss in Magetsu Inaba. I know he's weak to Physical attacks but I'm getting my shit handed to me by his Almighty spam. I can survive it for a bit but my team can't... Yuki, Teddie, and Kanji are around 40ish and im nearing 60 and I think I need to do some heavy grinding

My MC and party characters were all around Lv. 80 by that point lol.

Necrovex

Major spoilers:

Question about Adachi's social link: I know about the arcana switching during the whole plot twist involving Adachi. Is it possible to get too high in the social ranking ladder with Adachi before December? If not, what level must I be at to get those extra scenes?

Major spoilers:

Question about Adachi's social link: I know about the arcana switching during the whole plot twist involving Adachi. Is it possible to get too high in the social ranking ladder with Adachi before December? If not, what level must I be at to get those extra scenes?

He disappears after that point. The remaining levels are handed out and the S.Link concludes about as late as it could possibly be

Major spoilers:

I actually think you HAVE to be as high in his s-link as possible to get the extra scenes.

And it's just one extra s-link scene that it'll prompt you if you want to do right after his reveal.

That assuming you're not going for the new 'accomplice' ending, though. There are a few extra tweaks to get that.

Necrovex

He disappears after that point. The remaining levels are handed out and the S.Link concludes about as late as it could possibly be

I actually think you HAVE to be as high in his s-link as possible to get the extra scenes.

And it's just one extra s-link scene that it'll prompt you if you want to do right after his reveal.

That assuming you're not going for the new 'accomplice' ending, though. There are a few extra tweaks to get that.

Thanks for all the info! Now, I won't have to worry while playing P4G.

Man, when I was playing Persona 4 Golden last night, it still has that same addicting feeling like the original version. I stayed up late last night playing that game, and I seldom stay up late playing a video game anymore. Last time I did that was actually vanilla Persona 4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think everyone except for Kanji and maybe Yukiko have awful texts. I seem to recall Chie and Teddie sending ridiculous texts.

Dantis

Thanks for all the info! Now, I won't have to worry while playing P4G.

Man, when I was playing Persona 4 Golden last night, it still has that same addicting feeling like the original version. I stayed up late last night playing that game, and I seldom stay up late playing a video game anymore. Last time I did that was actually vanilla Persona 4.

You're enjoying it then?

I think everyone except for Kanji and maybe Yukiko have awful texts. I seem to recall Chie and Teddie sending ridiculous texts.

I think they're more fitting of P4G than original P4. They're all very silly and whatnot though.

Joe Molotov

I'm supposed to be going out for new years tonight with friends but I just want to sit at home and play P4

This game is stupid addictive

I hate when there's a event with your friends in the evening that messes up your schedule and keeps you from maxing your S.Links.

Sallokin

I'm supposed to be going out for new years tonight with friends but I just want to sit at home and play P4

But if you don't interact with your friends how will you enhance your IRL S. Links? I say it's a fair trade-off. What if you get to "spend a long time" with some lucky lad/lady?

Necrovex

You're enjoying it then?

I think they're more fitting of P4G than original P4. They're all very silly and whatnot though.

Persona 4 Golden is everything and more. This version fixed all of my complaints regarding the mechanics from vanilla, and it implemented new stuff that I didn't even know I wanted, such as the card system, skill system, and multiplayer!

I am still in love with the story and characters. Hell, I really dig the new content as well. I am about to go on the camping trip and the few bits of new story beat I have dug a lot. I also like Marie and Adachi. I am expecting to really like the later stuff too, but as you know, I am an anime nut and the tropes that is part of the genre.

On an average sitting, I only put about 45 minutes into a game. I have placed about a few hours on average per sitting for P4G. My timer was as such, yesterday morning, I was about two hours in, today I am 14 hours into the game. I knew there was a reason why Persona 4 remained in my top 10 RPG list.

I am also finally getting attuned with Chie's new voice actress. She gets a lot better as the game progresses. I got my blu-ray copy of P4 Animation, so I will put that in when I start to go through Rise's dungeon. There can never be enough Persona 4 goodness.

I know how you feel. I simply want to skip this New Year's Eve party and play Persona 4 Golden. But my boss would probably frown at the fact that I skipped his party for a video game and to be with my waifus.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The new way of handing out cards better be the default from now on. Is anyone going to defend the 'risk' of the stupid card shuffle? I know it's cool to hate anything that makes something less stressful, but thank god they changed that.

Also
Female Student is the reason behind all of this.

Dantis

Persona 4 Golden is everything and more. This version fixed all of my complaints regarding the mechanics from vanilla, and it implemented new stuff that I didn't even know I wanted, such as the card system, skill system, and multiplayer!

I am still in love with the story and characters. Hell, I really dig the new content as well. I am about to go on the camping trip and the few bits of new story beat I have dug a lot. I also like Marie and Adachi. I am expecting to really like the later stuff too, but as you know, I am an anime nut and the tropes that is part of the genre.

On an average sitting, I only put about 45 minutes into a game. I have placed about a few hours on average per sitting for P4G. My timer was as such, yesterday morning, I was about two hours in, today I am 14 hours into the game. I knew there was a reason why Persona 4 remained in my top 10 RPG list.

I am also finally getting attuned with Chie's new voice actress. She gets a lot better as the game progresses. I got my blu-ray copy of P4 Animation, so I will put that in when I start to go through Rise's dungeon. There can never be enough Persona 4 goodness.

Good stuff! I don't play games for that long at a time nowadays either, but I can still sit down and lose hours to Persona.

It's cool that you're enjoying the new content. I mean, you're wrong, but even so.

I'm kidding!

Maybe.

But my boss would probably frown at the fact that I skipped his party for a video game and to be with my waifus.

Why, man.

Why would you use this word.

The new way of handing out cards better be the default from now on. Is anyone going to defend the 'risk' of the stupid card shuffle? I know it's cool to hate anything that makes something less stressful, but thank god they changed that.

Also

Female Student is the reason behind all of this.

It would be cool if Shuffle Time changed with the difficulty.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yea, for some reason even though i had just beat it i kept thinking i still had two weeks or so after feb dungeon. Alas Valentines day then fast forward.

The only thing i think i messed up on is i didnt start getting fortunes from the shrine till Nov. There were a few job SL that were a pain in the ass to level that took up a lot of time. stupid daycare.
Ouch. Yeah, it's available starting in May so...

Necrovex

Good stuff! I don't play games for that long at a time nowadays either, but I can still sit down and lose hours to Persona.

It's cool that you're enjoying the new content. I mean, you're wrong, but even so.

I'm kidding!

Maybe.

Why, man.

Why would you use this word.

Man, I cannot wait to get to the
second hot spring scene
and to be able to post the Nicholson gif as my reaction to it. I'll also direct the post to you, so you know of my undying love to my 2D harem.

I'm not used to your real life avatar either. It's not January yet! OHMYGODYOUARETOOSILLY!

Top Bottom