• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Armada Bustier or Peach Seed combo? Logic tells me the former but I'm tempted by 10 Soul Drops.

The Bustier gives 118 Def, 25 Evasion and +5 to magic.

Pretty good for low leveled armor for Yukiko.

I went with Armada Bustier, I had plenty of Peach Seeds and Soul Drops at that point.

Question! I'm about to enter into a romantic relationship with Yukiko, but before I do, is there any benefit to entering into a romantic relationship with any of the girls? If I decide to choose Yukiko over the others will I be missing out on anything?

Nah, the only thing that is really different is during the Christmas event, you get a different item from each of them.

Question! I'm about to enter into a romantic relationship with Yukiko, but before I do, is there any benefit to entering into a romantic relationship with any of the girls? If I decide to choose Yukiko over the others will I be missing out on anything?
Romantic relationships will just change the last few S-link scenes, but it won't change anything in terms of gameplay mechanics in the dungeon. You'll get a useful different item on Christmas Eve though.

You can also date as many as you want, but the one consequence is
you'll feel like an absolute monster come Valentine's Day

Nah, the only thing that is really different is during the Christmas even, you get a different item from each of them.

Romantic relationships will just change the last few S-link scenes, but it won't change anything in terms of gameplay mechanics in the dungeon. You'll get a useful different item on Christmas Eve though.

You can also date as many as you want, but the one consequence is
you'll feel like an absolute monster come Valentine's Day

Alright thanks, I'm gonna go with Yukiko then. I really wanna see the consequences of what meltingparappa is talking about though lol, but I don't think I could go through with doing that though :(

Regarding February events and such:

Friendzone'd everyone meant I got a foreveralone Valentine's Day. Of course, Kanji was the best bro. Also there was Marie doing stuff and the girls leading Nanako to basically niceboat me at night.

Necrovex

The Blu-Ray set of P4A (Part 1) came in yesterday, so I decided to watch some while I got through
Rise's
dungeon. And holy fuck at Chie's voice acting in the show compared to the game. I know both items have the same actress, but I want to know why she sounds SO MUCH better in the anime compared to Persona 4 Golden.

If Chie sounded like this off the bat in the game, I would have fallen in love with her instead of shriek during her parts. Hell, I might even say I enjoy the Chie's VA in the anime more than the Chie in OG Persona 4.

I also hit the 20 hour mark in the game.
Teddie finally appeared outside the TV world.

I agree about neo-Chie. But that must be crazy to play the game, and then watch the anime up until the point that you're at!

The anime gets a little non-linear with the s-links alter on, just as a warning for the most minor of spoilers. Like... Chie's level 9 link happens early on in the anime, but it's a little different than the game.

The Blu-Ray set of P4A (Part 1) came in yesterday, so I decided to watch some while I got through
Rise's
dungeon. And holy fuck at Chie's voice acting in the show compared to the game. I know both items have the same actress, but I want to know why she sounds SO MUCH better in the anime compared to Persona 4 Golden.

If Chie sounded like this off the bat in the game, I would have fallen in love with her instead of shriek during her parts. Hell, I might even say I enjoy the Chie's VA in the anime more than the Chie in OG Persona 4.

I'm curious--what level are you? I'm about 35 in and that hasn't happened for me yet. Homie is still "recovering".

Rise's

I am assuming P4 Animation recordings happened after P4G. It explains how her acting seems to get better as P4G goes along.

Necrovex

I agree about neo-Chie. But that must be crazy to play the game, and then watch the anime up until the point that you're at!

The anime gets a little non-linear with the s-links alter on, just as a warning for the most minor of spoilers. Like... Chie's level 9 link happens early on in the anime, but it's a little different than the game.

This is the second time I am going through the Persona franchise (well third, if I count introducing the series to a friend, and us going through it together). So, I am investigating all of the new items in Golden. And I watched P4 Animation when it was airing in Japan.

I forgot how much I enjoyed the show, hell when the anime voting thread opens up, it may have a high place on my list.

I'm curious--what level are you? I'm about 35 in and that hasn't happened for me yet. Homie is still "recovering".

Heh, I am far behind you. I am level 28 or 29. I get through the dungeon as quickly as possible. My least favorite part about Persona (but I am always like that in JRPGs, which often leads to some really difficult fights).

I am assuming P4 Animation recordings happened after P4G. It explains how her acting seems to get better as P4G goes along.

That might be the case. Though I have some doubts since the animation came out two months prior to the game. I don't have any hard evidence to support my doubts though.

Jintor

I like the P4 animation in terms of pretty much everything except the animation

they can go reaaaaaaally badly off model

this is true in the game as well, to be honest

neoemonk

Just finished. I love this game and am ready to dive back in but this is all I've been playing for weeks. I'm tempted to make a run at the platinum however.

Necrovex

I like the P4 animation in terms of pretty much everything except the animation

they can go reaaaaaaally badly off model

this is true in the game as well, to be honest

I have actually grown to like the animation. Call it a guilty pleasure of mine. I simply adore how the show interprets the shadow scenes, fight moments, and how it places some development between the characters that are not featured in the game (like how Yukiko and Chie actually met one another).

I need to finish this game before the winter break is over, or I will be fucked in too many ways.

Jintor

The english dub is stellar though. Stellar! Waiting on the 2nd half of the series. The Summer Holidays episodes are definitely my favourite, with the TV finale coming a close second.

When I say the animation, I literally mean the animation, like the way things move around, are static, the way they emphasise shots, that kind of thing. It can be pretty terrible at time, especially when they do faces at strange angles.

Necrovex

The english dub is stellar though. Stellar! Waiting on the 2nd half of the series. The Summer Holidays episodes are definitely my favourite, with the TV finale coming a close second.

I remember being in tears during the King Games portion of the anime. The dub is superb in the show, so the absence of the Japanese version doesn't sting too much (though I am a bigger fan of dub rather than sub if both versions are about equal in quality).

I am super pumped for the second part to come out. Hell, Amazon even has it off for 33% atm. I got the first part when Amazon discounted it (and then two days later, it went back up to $55, I was super lucky I grabbed it when I did).

Edit: Oh! That's what you meant. I usually used the word, 'animation' as an umbrella term. But yeah, I don't notice the awkwardness *that* much, but even I can tell some of the animation is super shoddy.

So yep, after I accidentally got lost in Naoto's dungeon last week, I was totally overpowered for
Heaven...

On the plus side,
Heaven
was a breeze and I have my favorite costume for MC = hard-boiled.

And as for my brotagonist's name, I had fun with mine and named him Clint Barton for my VE run.

So yep, after I accidentally got lost in Naoto's dungeon last week, I was totally overpowered for
Heaven

On the plus side,
Heaven
was a breeze and I have my favorite costume for MC = hard-boiled.

And as for my brotagonist's name, I had fun with mine and named him Clint Barton for my VE run.
Ssssssssspoilers! ;)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Regarding February events and such:

Friendzone'd everyone meant I got a foreveralone Valentine's Day. Of course, Kanji was the best bro. Also there was Marie doing stuff and the girls leading Nanako to basically niceboat me at night.

Yeah, I'm curious about how that plays out... do you remember what the scene before hanging out with the guys was like?

Sophia

Floor 7 of Void Quest. Beat the mini-boss. Trying to find the floor up so I can use a Goho-M, save the game, and start on floor 8. Get into a battle.

God's Hand. On my protagonist.

Goddamnit. :(

Yeah, I'm curious about how that plays out... do you remember what the scene before hanging out with the guys was like?

It was basically in the classroom with Yukiko, Chie, Yosuke and later Kanji and Rise talking about getting chocolates and stuff. Chie and Yukiko gave chocolate to the guys, Rise gave chocolate to everyone, Yosuke complained about everything. More foreveralone stuff too.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Floor 7 of Void Quest. Beat the mini-boss. Trying to find the floor up so I can use a Goho-M, save the game, and start on floor 8. Get into a battle.

God's Hand. On my protagonist.

Goddamnit. :(
Ouch. Gotta grow some of those homunculous veggies... I think it was the melon?

It was basically in the classroom with Yukiko, Chie, Yosuke and later Kanji and Rise talking about getting chocolates and stuff. Chie and Yukiko gave chocolate to the guys, Rise gave chocolate to everyone, Yosuke complained about everything. More foreveralone stuff too.
Ah, so there's mention of the Rise wanting to give you a "special" chocolate and Chie and Yukiko don't freak out when they try to give chocolate to everyone?

----

Also, I guess I'm the only guy who played through the second half of the game in the drag costume. lol

Ouch. Gotta grow some of those homunculous veggies... I think it was the melon?

Ah, so there's mention of the Rise wanting to give you a "special" chocolate and Chie and Yukiko don't freak out when they try to give chocolate to everyone?

----

Also, I guess I'm the only guy who played through the second half of the game in the drag costume. lol

The eggplant is the homunculous replacement vegetable. Melon is a Bead. But, I doubt they'll protect you from getting OHKO from a God Hand.

February related:
Actually don't so. Rise just tosses out chocolate to everyone and Yosuke just eggs Chie and Yukiko to give out their chocolate. Chie and Yukiko also remembers that Yosuke doesn't like chocolate and goes and gives Rise his. They also make fun of Kanji for being nervous that he wants chocolate from Naoto which turns out he's just nervous in giving MC a chocolate instead. Best bro.

Dunno, I just kept switching costumes every new dungeon. So many options.

Tamanon

Banned
I'm still partial to the Agent Set for costumes. Yosuke looks like a boss in his shades, even if I have him currently fighting with some corn on the cob.

TWILT

Banned
Butler Kanji and Maid Yukiko
don't judge me >_>
are the best. I also had Yu and Yosuke in their winter clothes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The eggplant is the homunculous replacement vegetable. Melon is a Bead. But, I doubt they'll protect you from getting OHKO from a God Hand.

February related:
Actually don't so. Rise just tosses out chocolate to everyone and Yosuke just eggs Chie and Yukiko to give out their chocolate. Chie and Yukiko also remembers that Yosuke doesn't like chocolate and goes and gives Rise his. They also make fun of Kanji for being nervous that he wants chocolate from Naoto which turns out he's just nervous in giving MC a chocolate instead. Best bro.

Dunno, I just kept switching costumes every new dungeon. So many options.

I'm glad that they seemed to have made a new scene. Maybe I should friendzone everyone this time around just to see what it's like.

He looks out of place with the rest of my agents. :|

but look at this dashing bear :(

20121228165736.jpg

Jintor

I wish there were more character combo attacks

an MC and Brosuke attack

Brosuke + Chie

Naoto + Yukiko + Chie + Rise "Charlie's Angel" finisher and a Brosuke + Kanji + MC + Teddie "Manpower" all out attack

Its telling how much later you started the game than me Sophia and you are still gonna pass me, everyone I started it along side past me lol. I go way too slow

Sophia

Its telling how much later you started the game than me Sophia and you are still gonna pass me, everyone I started it along side past me lol. I go way too slow

Maybe not, I'm slowing down drastically now that I hit Void Quest. Although if I play it out right I might be able to get Legend of Inaba on my first playthrough, or be close.

Also keep in mind I've only beaten the game how many times on the PS2 or emulator? >_>;

Maybe not, I'm slowing down drastically now that I hit Void Quest. Although if I play it out right I might be able to get Legend of Inaba on my first playthrough, or be close.

Also keep in mind I've only beaten the game how many times on the PS2 or emulator? >_>;

I beat it 1.5 times tho!

skarabrae

Banned
Just saved Nanako from Heaven and doing stuff on the side.
Anyone know a way to increase someone's Social Link affinity with you (like, when it says "... isn't ready to advance yet") without using time? I'm totally behind on Rise, Marie, and a couple of other people. :/

Otherwise, I'm currently level 98 and it's just 11/6. Any Persona/skill recommendations that you guys think I need to work towards?

Top Bottom