• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Both of them took me a while. I had to grind for Shadow Yukiko, and I think I got lucky for the latter because he didn't
rebuild his shell on consecutive turns
. I thought the final true boss was the toughest, though, and I had to use a ton of maca leafs and all three of my somas. It was then that I realized just how bad Naoto is at boss fights :-/

Were you playing on very hard? Took me one SOMA to beat final boss on vh since I was spamming magic for like twenty minutes.

Chris_C

Is there a "tips" guide that's simple and easy to understand for noobs?

I just got to Yukiko's Castle and I'm wondering how much I need to grind to level up, and whether I should concentrate on leveling up one Persona, or leveling them all up.

According to Teddie I'm on her floor, so I expect to run into Shadow Yukiko soon. I haven't fused any yet, but based on what I'm hearing here it's probably a good idea for me to do that (I can't carry any more anyway).

Any advice? I'm playing on very easy btw.

Noi

Is there a "tips" guide that's simple and easy to understand for noobs?

I just got to Yukiko's Castle and I'm wondering how much I need to grind to level up, and whether I should concentrate on leveling up one Persona, or leveling them all up.

According to Teddie I'm on her floor, so I expect to run into Shadow Yukiko soon. I haven't fused any yet, but based on what I'm hearing here it's probably a good idea for me to do that (I can't carry any more anyway).

Any advice? I'm playing on very easy btw.

If you're playing V. Easy, you should likely never have to worry about grinding. Just roll on, level up your favorite personers, fuse the ones you dislike and enjoy the ride.

Meier

Finally beat it tonight after getting back from vacation... defeated Marie's dungeon but I didn't get any sort of epilogue like I've seen mentioned. I don't get this game. :p

Sophia

Finally beat it tonight after getting back from vacation... defeated Marie's dungeon but I didn't get any sort of epilogue like I've seen mentioned. I don't get this game. :p

You didn't get the true ending. Congratulations on not reaching out to the truth like the game was telling you to.

I recommend loading a save game after Marie's dungeon and figuring out what you did wrong. :p

If you stilll have your post-marie save, the way you get the true ending on the last day is
go talk to everyone, but then refuse to go home. Go to Junes and say 'yes, I want to go here'. Talk to Dojima and Nanko at the riverbank, then go to the velvet room and hear some yabberin'. You should be able to figure it out from there.

After you do ALL THAT you should get a normal ending, and then post-credits you'll get a little epilogue.

Meier

If you stilll have your post-marie save, the way you get the true ending on the last day is
go talk to everyone, but then refuse to go home. Go to Junes and say 'yes, I want to go here'. Talk to Dojima and Nanko at the riverbank, then go to the velvet room and hear some yabberin'. You should be able to figure it out from there.

After you do ALL THAT you should get a normal ending, and then post-credits you'll get a little epilogue.
Thanks!
I went in Junes but didn't see anyone so I went to another place and skipped the food court.. oops)

Jintor

I fucked up again with the S.Links, forgot that Death has such finicky activation conditions and couldn't max out temperence on time... stupid finicky parent-child relationships.

Also underestimated amount of time it would take to read things

I'm going to go over the game with a guide in like half a year or so, I guess... but for now, onwards, towards the truth!

Ponn

Banned
Ok dammnit. Its the New Year, stuck on last day, my entire 2nd playthrough has been a wash (the last salvageable save is from June) but im getting something.

I switched to normal for this playthrough, cannot fuse Super Izanagi, im level 92. Tips on how to beat
margaret

Cannot max fortune which is locking me from Norn which in turn is locking me from a couple certain high level Personas. Im confident i can still do this though.

Dresden

Made goal 1 of 2 personas I wanted: an invincible Trumpeter.

DyIsm.jpg

Think I'll get a setup for Yoshitsune before I clear the game.

Miker

Were you playing on very hard? Took me one SOMA to beat final boss on vh since I was spamming magic for like twenty minutes.

Yeah, it was the last boss that made me how poorly thought my party was. My party was Chie/Yukiko/Naoto. For one thing, I hadn't been fusing personas, so I'd just been using whatever highest level personas I'd been picking up along my dungeon crawls, and none of them were particularly great at anything. So my MC kinda did shit for damage. Although Yukiko was a beast with Fire Amp/Boost, she also needed to be healer more often than not. Chie's best attack was God Hand, which sucked up so much health she needed healing regularly. Then came Naoto, who's kind of awful with bosses - she ended up taking over as an item-based healer while Yukiko nuked.

So yeah, the final boss fight was kind of rough for me. For once, hoarding items throughout a JRPG really came through in the end.

I'm torn guys about who to lvl up. I love Kanji's skills but I have a higher social link with Yosuke. Who would you guys favor?

Also should I get rid of my first persona Izanagi or does he have a great high level?

I'm torn guys about who to lvl up. I love Kanji's skills but I have a higher social link with Yosuke. Who would you guys favor?

Also should I get rid of my first persona Izanagi or does he have a great high level?
I like Kanji better. He starts hitting pretty hard by late game, and his "aha - is this our chance" bonus attack is pretty great. They're not that different though, so just go with whomever you prefer.

It's possible to play the game using more or less, ONLY Izanagi and he becomes an absolute beast if you just keep leveling him up, relative to every other demon. But for the sake of variety I'd just fuse him away.

I like Kanji better. He starts hitting pretty hard by late game, and his "aha - is this our chance" bonus attack is pretty great. They're not that different though, so just go with whomever you prefer.

It's possible to play the game using more or less, ONLY Izanagi and he becomes an absolute beast if you just keep leveling him up, relative to every other demon. But for the sake of variety I'd just fuse him away.

Excellent tips thanks!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, it was the last boss that made me how poorly thought my party was. My party was Chie/Yukiko/Naoto. For one thing, I hadn't been fusing personas, so I'd just been using whatever highest level personas I'd been picking up along my dungeon crawls, and none of them were particularly great at anything. So my MC kinda did shit for damage. Although Yukiko was a beast with Fire Amp/Boost, she also needed to be healer more often than not. Chie's best attack was God Hand, which sucked up so much health she needed healing regularly. Then came Naoto, who's kind of awful with bosses - she ended up taking over as an item-based healer while Yukiko nuked.

So yeah, the final boss fight was kind of rough for me. For once, hoarding items throughout a JRPG really came through in the end.

Did your Chie have Power Charge? That makes God's Hand even more devastating. Yeah, it takes a lot of HP, the the benefits outweigh it. Plus I had Teddie along since he learns Diarahan/Mediarahan as well, so if need be I could use him as a first healer/buffer while Yuki nukes.

It's a new year and I was right! The Mayan calendar maker probably just got bored of making a calendar that ran thousands of years after their time or something.

Ponn

Banned

Izanagi can be pretty damn good if you are willing to invest the right skill cards in him. Also keep throwing stat cards from shuffle time on him and you become practically untouchable.

Omikaru

It's been a few days since I beat this, and I'm finding it hard to get into other games. Between this and Virtue's Last Reward, I've pretty much played two games that are so absolutely perfect for me that I don't want to play anything else. This didn't happen last time I played P4 on the PS2.

What's wrong with me? Will I get better?

SmithnCo

It's been a few days since I beat this, and I'm finding it hard to get into other games. Between this and Virtue's Last Reward, I've pretty much played two games that are so absolutely perfect for me that I don't want to play anything else. This didn't happen last time I played P4 on the PS2.

What's wrong with me? Will I get better?

You will be empty forever.

Until Persona 5 and VLR 2: 999 3 come out.

Dantis

It's a new year and I was right! The Mayan calendar maker probably just got bored of making a calendar that ran thousands of years after their time or something.

It's a new year and I was wrong.

I was absolutely, completely convinced we'd hear about Persona 5 before the year was up.

Necrovex

I was killed in Rise's dungeon after grinding, which was the first time I died, I raged a little, then I saw something beautiful: A retry the floor you're on option instead of starting at a save point. I can never go back to P3P now.

Meier

What the fuck at the "last boss!"
I had her down to no health and then she kept doing that thousand curses.. was sure that was it but then she got me. Seems like maybe it was inevitable though as there's more to it than just instant death.

TWILT

Banned
Oh crap that's right, I need a female name don't I. Uhh, any suggestions?
What the fuck at the "last boss!"
I had her down to no health and then she kept doing that thousand curses.. was sure that was it but then she got me. Seems like maybe it was inevitable though as there's more to it than just instant death.
That's what's supposed to happen. There should be more that happens after she gets you with that move.

Finally getting into this game.

I played P4, remember the story and general stuff but not the details.

Can anyone give advice on if I don't want to follow a max social link guide but want to do a lot what should I go for first as far as leveling social links and leveling my characters stats (intelligence, courage, etc)?

Miker

Did your Chie have Power Charge? That makes God's Hand even more devastating. Yeah, it takes a lot of HP, the the benefits outweigh it. Plus I had Teddie along since he learns Diarahan/Mediarahan as well, so if need be I could use him as a first healer/buffer while Yuki nukes.

She did, but I didn't make that much use of it because Chie had to use items to revive Naoto a few times :-/

JRPGs aren't my forte.

Meier

Oh crap that's right, I need a female name don't I. Uhh, any suggestions?

That's what's supposed to happen. There should be more that happens after she gets you with that move.

Yeah, initially I was like noooooo! My first two paramours saved me and then my third did on the next round but obviously I had no one else to take the hit for me on the 4th cast. I was so pissed. :lol

Yeah, initially I was like noooooo! My first two paramours saved me and then my third did on the next round but obviously I had no one else to take the hit for me on the 4th cast. I was so pissed. :lol
I can imagine a very very rare scenario, where
that happens, and the person is so angry that they turn off their system before the scene fades up. I think it's absolute GENIUS that they give your teammates the abilities to "absorb a mortal blow" for you, so you're not quite sure if that's supposed to happen or not. Also that scene is heart-wrenching depending how close you are to your teammates.

Armada Bustier or Peach Seed combo? Logic tells me the latter but I'm tempted by 10 Soul Drops.
You need at least one peach seed for an optional quest later, but Teddie should have given you three if you talked to him before the first real dungeon, and you can find them in chests.

Soul drops are niiiiiiiice, but TaP soda's (they refill every week) give just as much SP.

February dungeon stuff:

I hate the design of the dungeon from the item removal, the sp cutting, etc.

Of course, none of that really matter when I basically Megidolaon everything and had Victory Cry.

I guess it's time for friendzone nice boat day.

Armada Bustier or Peach Seed combo? Logic tells me the former but I'm tempted by 10 Soul Drops.

I went with Armada Bustier, I had plenty of Peach Seeds and Soul Drops (and Tap sodas!) at that point.

Question! I'm about to enter into a romantic relationship with Yukiko, but before I do, is there any benefit to entering into a romantic relationship with any of the girls? If I decide to choose Yukiko over the others will I be missing out on anything?

Top Bottom