• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

I like Time to Make History to the point where sometimes I forego Player Advantage in purpose just to hear it during battles.

Level 62 all across the board just pass the Lab dungeon. Again, I didn't plan on doing excessive leveling but it just sort of kind of happened; got lot of lucky hits against scores of Golden Hands. Revolution + Masukukaja + Deathbound is awesome.

When is the deadline for Jester's social link? It's on 4 right now in my file and now it's just a few days after the Lab dungeon (I took care of it in only 1 day and the seeking for clues stuff only took 2 days)

You have to be rank 6 by November 1st.

I'm in Misato's dungeon and some monster just came out of a treasure chest and spanked me. I was warned that I shouldn't open it, but I did it anyway because I'm curious and got destroyed. He casted magic boost his first turn, so I used a magic mirror on the MC so at least one of us could survive, and he casted some spell that completely wiped us out. What the hell did I just face?

Sophia

I'm in Misato's dungeon and some monster just came out of a treasure chest and spanked me. I was warned that I shouldn't open it, but I did it anyway because I'm curious and got destroyed. He casted magic boost his first turn, so I used a magic mirror on the MC so at least one of us could survive, and he casted some spell that completely wiped us out. What the hell did I just face?

The Reaper. It's an optional boss. Also it counters Magic Mirrors with Almighty spells. By using one, you died faster.

The Reaper. It's an optional boss. Also it counters Magic Mirrors with Almighty spells. By using one, you died faster.

Jesus, and I rarely use the things too :/ I guess it just pops up in random chests huh? It's obvious I'm gonna have to level up a bunch before I even try to take it on again, I'm at level 46 with the main character, and the rest of my party is in their low 40's, and the two hits I landed on him barely did anything.

Sophia

The Reaper is level 85. I wouldn't try to fight it anytime soon, you usually have to wait until the last three dungeons before you stand a chance. It has a chance of appearing like every 20 chests. You'll know if it might appear in the next chest you open because you'll hear the chains.

The Reaper is level 85. I wouldn't try to fight it anytime soon, you usually have to wait until the last three dungeons before you stand a chance. It has a chance of appearing like every 20 chests. You'll know if it might appear in the next chest you open because you'll hear the chains.

Ohhhh, I did wonder wtf that sound was. Appreciate the help, I think I'm gonna take you advice and wait until the last few dungeons then.

The story bits from
Rise's Dungeon
to
Mitsuo's Dungeon
are some of my favorites in the game so far. Now to tackle this next dungeon!

Sophia

Ohhhh, I did wonder wtf that sound was. Appreciate the help, I think I'm gonna take you advice and wait until the last few dungeons then.

To be honest, I almost didn't tell you what level it was. Seemed like a funnier idea. I'm absolutely thrilled that they let the Reaper spawn in a first playthrough now. So many horror stories. :D

Atlus be MASTER trolls. >.>;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I managed to kick his sorry ass in my first playthrough at 80.

I wanted to fight him again with my whole party at 99 again but he didn't show. :(

Poyunch

g4bRP.png

Noi

Gonna do myself (and my sanity) a favor and not attempt to beat Void Quest in a day. I'm sure that I'm stubborn enough, but I'm not going for max s links anyway so fuck it. I'll try to max Priestess and Chariot while I'm outside as well as level Devil at least once.

Striptease still gives me the same exp as Void Quest for less effort... :(

Necrovex

I am about to start the class trip, and I maxed out a few social links,
Brosuke, Dojima, and Marie.
For the new months and epilogue, do I need to do anything more besides
maxing out Marie's social link?

I didn't realize until today that you need to have a persona of the specific arcana to advance an S. Link. I can only hope I haven't butchered anything too badly, although I'm saving anything "hardcore" for NG+ anyway.

SmithnCo

I didn't realize until today that you need to have a persona of the specific arcana to advance an S. Link. I can only hope I haven't butchered anything too badly, although I'm saving anything "hardcore" for NG+ anyway.

Well, it gives you a boost but you can still advance it, so I'm sure you're fine. It's really helpful for Marie though, because I don't think you get the luxury of free points with her like you do with some classmates.

Duffyside

Banned
So proud of myself. Just beat
the King
in
Yukiko's dungeon
even though I FEEL I was underleveled (MC 16, Jack Frost 17, everyone else 16 or 17 themselves). He killed people in my party multiple times, but I prevented that from ever happening to Charlie by using my only two physical mirror items. Just kept reviving and Tarukaja-ing and Rakunda-ing... it was real close.

Anyway, where is
Chie's weapon
? I found
Yosuke's and obviously Yukiko's (in the 8th floor throne room after the King)
, but didn't see the other's earlier where I thought I would (2nd floor).

Trigger

So proud of myself. Just beat
the King
in
Yukiko's dungeon
even though I FEEL I was underleveled (MC 16, Jack Frost 17, everyone else 16 or 17 themselves). He killed people in my party multiple times, but I prevented that from ever happening to Charlie by using my only two physical mirror items. Just kept reviving and Tarukaja-ing and Rakunda-ing... it was real close.

Anyway, where is
Chie's weapon
? I found
Yosuke's and obviously Yukiko's (in the 8th floor throne room after the King)
, but didn't see the other's earlier where I thought I would (2nd floor).

She doesn't get one.

Is there any place to buy items that gives you a decent amount of SP during a battle? I have a Mark of the Sorcerer but I don't want to replace my Divine Pillar

This True Ending stuff has me worried. Is there something I need to do before a certain date? And if I don't, do I miss out on post-game stuff?

Kazzy

He is badass but truth be told i'm running with Helel much more. And damn, Lucifer was such a disappointment. I mean if I wanted to spend the money I could customize him but i'd rather run with Loki as my Bufu-Dealer. Well I did just get him leveled to Victory Cry which is a saving grace for him.

Well the good thing is that P4G means we can stick with out favourite Persona. Unfortunately, Neko Shogun was just too low level for me to drag through the rest of the game.

But not to worry, I just use Norn instead! Lovely, lovely, Norn.

To be honest, I almost didn't tell you what level it was. Seemed like a funnier idea. I'm absolutely thrilled that they let the Reaper spawn in a first playhtrough now. So many horror stories. :D

Atlus be MASTER trolls. >.>;

I've heard his chains aplenty, just never encountered him. In that regard, I thought P3: FES was much meaner with the spawn conditions, as I always spent a while on every floor. Gotta get that paper!

Sophia

This True Ending stuff has me worried. Is there something I need to do before a certain date? And if I don't, do I miss out on post-game stuff?

To get the true ending, you need to meet all the requirements to get the good ending, then,
on the final day of the game, don't go home.

There's also the new epilogue for Persona 4 Golden, which plays after the true ending. To get it,
max out Marie's social link, and finish her dungeon.

I've heard his chains aplenty, just never encountered him. In that regard, I thought P3: FES was much meaner with the spawn conditions, as I always spent a while on every floor. Gotta get that paper!

I dunno about that. Fuuka's very blatant when he shows up, and you're given TONS of forewarning. Plus you always get the first turn to run away in Persona 3 FES. Where as here, Curiosity ends up killing the players hilariously. =P

Jintor

Golden's music is pretty perfect beach music, even if Shadow World's lyrics are a little more serious than you might initially think

What are everyone's favorite social links? I'm about to start August and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to spend my time. Should I bother with Adachi?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What are everyone's favorite social links? I'm about to start August and I'm having a hard time figuring out where to spend my time. Should I bother with Adachi?

Fortune's probably my favorite.
I liked Tower, Emperor, and Star(cheating, kind of) too.

I don't think you're currently able to do any of those though. Moon is cool too, but you need to realize it's the only S Link where it can go reverse.

Jintor

Adachi's pretty cool. He has a time limit, too, and an irregular schedule, so take opportunity to chill with him when you can.

Jintor

Music room girl is the alternate sun link right?

And she totally sucks right? The one S.Link I've never seen and have no intention of ever seeing

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Music room girl is the alternate sun link right?

And she totally sucks right? The one S.Link I've never seen and have no intention of ever seeing

They both suck. Kou and Daisuke are both pretty cool, but Yumi and Ayane both suck all the way.

Jintor

No way

Yumi is totes cool. She's part of my bizarro investigation team.

She's got some family issues but she gets over them. Pity about having to friendzone her at the end but I didn't want Rise to flip out.

The New Year's Luck thing actually changes depending on whether you're a player or not, lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bizarro investigation team is Funky Student, Mysterious Fox, and Kou and Daisuke

I like to think that the old investiagion team was Dojima and Daidara
tumblr_lx5wv6ZgpR1qh0vijo1_500.jpg

Jintor

ALL OF THEM

i have to do

all of them...

and get me some books, which denies me the sports links and sun links for ages. Blah. Better do some tutoring.

Lombax

Banned
ok I need some tips for a boss that kicked my ass last night:

Currently I am running the castle again after rescuing Yukiko [she is also now in my party]. Teddy told me a new spirit moved into the castle. When I get to him [giant version of those king looking guys who summon] everything seems ok during the fight but he has an AoE that 1 shots everyone in my party.

Any suggestions on how to deal with him? I spent a fair amount of time grinding prior to this [currently at level 17].

Thanks

Aiii

So not worth it
ok I need some tips for a boss that kicked my ass last night:

Currently I am running the castle again after rescuing Yukiko [she is also now in my party]. Teddy told me a new spirit moved into the castle. When I get to him [giant version of those king looking guys who summon] everything seems ok during the fight but he has an AoE that 1 shots everyone in my party.

Any suggestions on how to deal with him? I spent a fair amount of time grinding prior to this [currently at level 17].

Thanks

You will notice
whenever bosses have an AOE insta-kill attack, they'll normally do one or two turns of preparing before it. So they won't attack but they'll bide their time preparing for the insta-attack. Sometimes it's one turn, sometimes it's a couple of turns. Regardless, figure out the pattern and when it's time for him to do the AOE attack, Guard instead of doing a regular move. The attack will be alot less powerfull now and you're party should survive if you keep their HP up.

Lombax

Banned
You will notice
whenever bosses have an AOE insta-kill attack, they'll normally do one or two turns of preparing before it. So they won't attack but they'll bide their time preparing for the insta-attack. Sometimes it's one turn, sometimes it's a couple of turns. Regardless, figure out the pattern and when it's time for him to do the AOE attack, Guard instead of doing a regular move. The attack will be alot less powerfull now and you're party should survive if you keep their HP up.

thanks very much for the advice.

Top Bottom