• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Hey, Nanako has an exclamation mark over her head, but when I try to hang I'm being told "your relationship isn't ready to advance yet" or something like that. I think I can still hang out with here. I thought at first this was because I didn't have a Justice Persona, but now I do. What's the deal?

It just means that you won't rank up in your social link with her but will gain points towards advancing to the next level.

If after the scene it says your relationship will get closer or something like that, you will level up the next time you hang out with her.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey, Nanako has an exclamation mark over her head, but when I try to hang I'm being told "your relationship isn't ready to advance yet" or something like that. I think I can still hang out with here. I thought at first this was because I didn't have a Justice Persona, but now I do. What's the deal?

Sometimes you have to just spend time with a SL before it will rank up.

Choosing the right options (you'll see the music notes over their heads), or going to the shrine to get a charm can make it level up faster (sometimes) but having a persona of that arcana helps too.

Duffyside

Banned
Ok, so this isn't the game telling me "hey, DON'T hang out with her" just saying "just so you know..." in case there are other ways I might want to spend my time for that particular day. Got it. Thank you!

CSX

Just wondering if there is a translation of
the MC trying to pick up the Spanish speaking girl and he goes along with it

Ok, so this isn't the game telling me "hey, DON'T hang out with her" just saying "just so you know..." in case there are other ways I might want to spend my time for that particular day. Got it. Thank you!
Yeah, basically, hanging out with people and choosing certain conversation options adds points to their invisible S.Link meters. Having a persona of the right arcana opens up new point options in some cases, or increases existing point choices. It's kind of confusing, but basically, hanging out with someone always works towards increasing their Social Link. The game will say that your relationship isn't about to advance if you won't rank up on that event; you're still building towards it, though.

Marche90

Just wondering if there is a translation of
the MC trying to pick up the Spanish speaking girl and he goes along with it

Try posting the dialog in question on the spanish-gaf thread (now surely buried in off-topic) or post the dialog here and I can translate it for you. I don't have the game yet so I don't know anything related to that scene in particular, but I never cared about spoilers, so...

Also, I will be very surprised if Atlus finally nailed down conversations in spanish. In the very few games that have had Spanish on them, they would make a lot of beginner's mistakes (Buenos noches? for example).

Shinypogs

I am more emotionally invested in Kou and Daisuke than any of my teammates. Also wtf is in the chest teddie warns you to not open. I found one on like the second floor of the second dungeon and left it alone because I'm still not sure just how much this game will punish you for doing risky stuff vs how often it'll grant me courage.

Noi

Post it here! I can translate it real quick-like. Actually, I think I screencapped most of that myself, just a sec...

Try posting the dialog in question on the spanish-gaf thread (now surely buried in off-topic) or post the dialog here and I can translate it for you. I don't have the game yet so I don't know anything related to that scene in particular, but I never cared about spoilers, so...

Also, I will be very surprised if Atlus finally nailed down conversations in spanish. In the very few games that have had Spanish on them, they would make a lot of beginner's mistakes (Buenos noches? for example).

They did, actually. I was pretty surprised myself!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I am more emotionally invested in Kou and Daisuke than any of my teammates. Also wtf is in the chest teddie warns you to not open. I found one on like the second floor of the second dungeon and left it alone because I'm still not sure just how much this game will punish you for doing risky stuff vs how often it'll grant me courage.

DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS

In all seriousness, do not open a chest when you hear chains rattling until you are a higher level, say level 80+. That's the Reaper, he'll kick your ass.

Joe Molotov

Bleh, still plugging away in the optional dungeon. This is kind of a drag. At least grinding early dungeons for items or optional bosses were good for XP and money, this is just bleh.

Shinypogs

DO NOT OPEN UNTIL CHRISTMAS

In all seriousness, do not open a chest when you hear chains rattling until you are a higher level, say level 80+. That's the Reaper, he'll kick your ass.

Thanks for the head's up. Hopefully next time it offers me that type of chest I'm in a position to take up the challenge.

Noi

for the spanish impaired. Missing her opening line.

8343942953_04f6d86f65_z.jpg

>What's up?

8343946929_2f03d66882_z.jpg

"Hey, not bad. You speak spanish?"

8343947341_1256cca1a9_z.jpg

"Alright, let's talk."

8343947743_4d18e9d21f_z.jpg

"What's your name?"

>My name is Jorge.

8343948191_dbbd93a8a1_z.jpg

"For real!? Your name is Jorge!?

8343948921_743f0066f1_z.jpg

"Nice to meet you Jorgito*!"

8271529390_f59eb360bb_z.jpg

*Diminutive/cute version of Jorge, think calling some -chan or -kun instead of -san in Japanese.

8270463715_d7706fcd3d_z.jpg

"So... what's going on/what's up Jorgito?"

>What's your cellphone number?

8271528376_4e9c715fda_z.jpg

"I can't give it to you."

8270463225_fd7c44fa10_z.jpg

8270462951_14faf7d300_z.jpg

But your spanish is "very good"!

8270462525_3f5360798b_z.jpg

"See you later, Jorgito!"

in a nutshell

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah. The only reason you wouldn't do it for Nanako though is that you actually have better things to do at night when she's available and you have other days in which you can do some gardening to increase your relationship with her (and Dojima if he's home).

It's usually a push though. There's usually nothing better to do. Gardening is a decent alternative if you need to rank up Diligence, but even then, you can get more Diligence per night if you read the office work book and make envelopes.

Marche90

for the spanish impaired. Missing her opening line.

in a nutshell

I'm seeing it and I can't believe it. Well, very nice that Atlus finally managed to translate things properly to Spanish.

Oh, and one of the screenshots is repeated, in case you missed it.

Dresden

Got to the second bathing scene, after
the Hollow Forest
... God, could it be more terrible? I thought the concert would be the lowest it could go.

Also,
Hollow Forest was really tedious even with Complete Analysis and Alice.

Jintor

That second bathhouse scene is pretty bad. Personally, I think it throws away some characterisation for a cheap gag.

I pretend it doesn't exist.

CSX

someone bumped up that Studio Ghibli 2013 movie thread in Off Topic.

That Kaguya-hime movie...that's the same Kaguya who is the max Aeon persona correct?

Jintor

So one thing I noticed is that party members you stumble across when dungeon crawling will have unique dialogue depending on where you are in their social link. But also, they'll have unique dialogue depending on the other party member in the room - if it's Fox or anyone else.

This angers me because there's no way in hell I'll ever see all of it and by all accounts it's some pretty decent snippets.

CSX

So one thing I noticed is that party members you stumble across when dungeon crawling will have unique dialogue depending on where you are in their social link. But also, they'll have unique dialogue depending on the other party member in the room - if it's Fox or anyone else.

This angers me because there's no way in hell I'll ever see all of it and by all accounts it's some pretty decent snippets.

Another playthrough? Another playthrough.

I'm waiting for a superfan to transcribe all possible permutations of the text in the game.

...so I start my life-long project of down-porting the game to RPGmaker with a FeMC.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp4ua68yfpc

Sagitario

Hi! I am going to ask something off-topic here because this is the most active Persona thread and I am guessing there are lots of Persona fans reading it.

A friend wants to buy P3 FES from the PSN for his PS3, but he heard/read that there was a save file deleting bug.

Do you guys know if the game was patched or replaced by a non-buggy version? Or perhaps details about the glitch or how to avoid it have been released. Can you transfer or back up [by USB or cloud] the save file in case something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Sophia

Hi! I am going to ask something off-topic here because this is the most active Persona thread and I am guessing there are lots of Persona fans reading it.

A friend wants to buy P3 FES from the PSN for his PS3, but he heard/read that there was a save file deleting bug.

Do you guys know if the game was patched or replaced by a non-buggy version? Or perhaps details about the glitch or how to avoid it have been released. Can you transfer or back up [by USB or cloud] the save file in case something goes wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Last I heard, the bug wasn't fixed. You can back up the saves to USB however. Tell him to make multiple saves regularly, and he should be fine.

Probably English, like with Mitsuru.

Most likely. I'm amused that Mitusuru was given french in the Japanese audio of P4A. XD

Duffyside

Banned
Huh, I thought I had to register all my personas after getting them in the dungeons, but both times I've gone to do so the only ones that have shown up are the ones that have gained EXP. Seems that any new Persona I gain via Shuffle Time is automatically added to the Compendium. Is that another change?

Jintor

Only if they go in your inventory. If you shuffle time but don't accept them into your inventory they don't get registered.

Duffyside

Banned
Only if they go in your inventory. If you shuffle time but don't accept them into your inventory they don't get registered.

Yeah, I didn't mean the ones I decline. Is that different in Golden than it was in the PS2 game? Lots of changes I'm noticing that I never saw mentioned (like getting Player Advantage being WAY easier).

Shinypogs

* Shame* Looks like I'm gonna have to use one of my earlier saves from this evening. Underleveled and not enough time to grind to where I think I'll need to be. I'm gonna give it a shot later/tomorrow but chances are I'll have to use the earlier save.

I feel like such a loser but I can't stand the thought of failing to save anyone. :( I was having so much fun and now I'm just depressed that I screwed up so early on.

Jintor

Yeah, I didn't mean the ones I decline. Is that different in Golden than it was in the PS2 game? Lots of changes I'm noticing that I never saw mentioned (like getting Player Advantage being WAY easier).

Is it? No idea.

The amount of golden hands you run into is ridiculous.

Noi

Always worked like that. The Persona are automatically registered just like they are the moment you first obtain them (either via fusion or Shuffle time), you can only re-register them when something about said persona has changed, be it exp or a changed skill.

As noted, you have to accept a shuffle time persona before that'll work, but I've accepted one, then tossed them out for another in the next shuffle time and it'd still count as being obtained.

Duffyside

Banned
Always worked like that. The Persona are automatically registered just like they are the moment you first obtain them (either via fusion or Shuffle time), you can only re-register them when something about said persona has changed, be it exp or a changed skill.

As noted, you have to accept a shuffle time persona before that'll work, but I've accepted one, then tossed them out for another in the next shuffle time and it'd still count as being obtained.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Actually, I don't think you need to accept a Persona from a shuffle to "register" them the first time... of course, I already have them all so I can't really test this without starting a completely new game.

Dresden

On the last day, close to beating it. I wonder if I'll go for ng+ this time around; I want to fight
Margaret
, but that means going through everything again... I think I might go P3P for FemC instead.

Also too lazy to fuse out Absorb Fire/Ice/Wind for Yoshitsune, anyways. Will live with Repels.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On the last day, close to beating it. I wonder if I'll go for ng+ this time around; I want to fight
Margaret
, but that means going through everything again... I think I might go P3P for FemC instead.

Also too lazy to fuse out Absorb Fire/Ice/Wind for Yoshitsune, anyways. Will live with Repels.
It only costs 600k (or was it 900k?) to get them on him now. lol

Jintor

So I kinda want to play Persona 3. What's the best version. Is there a version I can play on Vita that won't suck.

If you don't answer I'm going to try and platinum Persona 4 Golden for my third runthrough. I'll probably hit 150 hours. In less than two weeks.. Well, probably not.

Sophia

So I kinda want to play Persona 3. What's the best version. Is there a version I can play on Vita that won't suck.

There's no real definite version. Some would say FES, some say Portable. If you want to play it on the Vita, your only option is Persona 3 Portable anyhow, which is fine.

Noi

I have a hard time going back to FES after P3P's modifications. Not having to sit through the YOU WILL GAIN MORE POWER WHEN OBTAINING A PERSONA OF THE BLAH ARCANA every time you rank up alone is a biggie.

Top Bottom