• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

CSX

I rarely ever used them, far too situational and not many enemies are weak to them.

Naoto with hama/mudo boost makes life so much easier. Still a ridiculous high percentage regardless if the enemy is weak to it or not. 5 enemies? none weak to light/dark? Cast Mahamaon with hama boost and voila 1 enemy left

Jintor

Fucking book requirements. Booted me back to the 26th of June because I forgot to take Kou's call on the 15th of July. Piece of shit esoteric hidden requirements.

Ponn

Banned
Naoto with hama/mudo boost makes life so much easier. Still a ridiculous high percentage regardless if the enemy is weak to it or not. 5 enemies? none weak to light/dark? Cast Mahamaon with hama boost and voila 1 enemy left

Yup, pretty much this for me too, hell I didn't even have either the boosts on Naoto and I was still nailing non-weakness enemies with them. Only ones that weren't going down were the ones who were strong or repel. MC with Trumpeteer and Naoto made for very quick last couple dungeon run throughs. Whatever MC didn't get, Naoto would. Made it kind of boring honestly but made for easy persona leveling. I would throw Growth 3 on a couple personas in inventory to get them leveled while bulldozing through. Only drawback is my Trumpeteer has a lot of stat bonus Shuffle Cards I would have preferred going to others.

Dresden

Yeah you don't even need boost, the numbers might be different but it doesn't feel like it. Grinding levels for Alice, Mamudoon, mudo boost or not, same damn thing.

johnsmith

remember me
Just ordered these from HLJ. I got everyone but Teddie and Yukiko since I got their nendos. Probably too expensive for how tiny they are, but damn if they're not cute. Not sure if they've been posted in here yet. Pic is from a cool Japanese Persona figure blog I found http://figsona.blog.fc2.com

i6e0bzs8ULtLB.jpg

Shinypogs

Is it normal to be constantly torn between wanting to punch Yosuke for the insensitive shit he says and wanting to cuddle him because omfg he's so adorably dumb and enthusiastic?

CSX

Is it normal to be constantly torn between wanting to punch Yosuke for the insensitive shit he says and wanting to cuddle him because omfg he's so adorably dumb and enthusiastic?

Well he is just a high school student. I see that as part of his character.

Jintor

I'm watching the endurance run as I go through my third runthrough. Man, hearing Jeff and Vinny's reactions to everything at the beginning of the game is great.

Dantis

ATB system plz

(kidding, but honestly, I don't have a strong attachment to the battle mechanics of Persona except so far as they relate to social linking)

Nope. Nope nope nope.

Near end-game stuff:
Marie's dungeon. Oh god, it's so painful. I want to get out of there ASAP. The shadows are not fun to fight, since I can so little experience and no money. I'm losing resources rather than gaining resources here!

IF ONLY SOME KINDLY FELLOW HAD WARNED YOU HOW BAD IT WOULD BE!

CSX

browsing through the anime of the year thread and someone posted this gif

im_the_king_toddhuntebtkcc.gif

My interest in the anime has grown...just a bit

Jintor

The king's game in the anime is amazing. Fucking amazing. I can't wait to hear it in English.

Also I think Mass Destruction is playing throughout that scene

/edit my mistake, it's the Persona FES main theme

Dantis

Hey now! I like the anime. A lot of it was done like a slightly exaggerated version of the game. Loved the True Ending episode, for example.

I think the King's Game is one of the only scenes I didn't like, even.

Sophia

The king's game in the anime is amazing. Fucking amazing. I can't wait to hear it in English.

Also I think Mass Destruction is playing throughout that scene

/edit my mistake, it's the Persona FES main theme

It's both in the anime. FES starts playing, but it switches to Mass Destruction. By far the best scene in the anime <3

catalystxyz

Neo Member
Just finished 2nd playthrough and didn't want it to end. Gonna play VLR next, then I'll need something else to fill the void. Do you guys think p3 would do the trick?

Jintor

Ahaha... if you go exploring in the TV right after rescuing Rise, Teddie makes a comment before you enter the TV. "Don't leeeeeeeeave meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

/edit I love these intra-dungeon chats. Yosuke and Yukiko were just chatting about friendships. Cute.

Jintor

Piece of shit. Touch screen stopped responding while I was dungeon grinding. Found out by activating the Playstation lock screen to do something and coming back to find I couldn't unlock it.

Resetting fixes it but I'd been dungeon grinding for 6 levels... fucking vita design

Sophia

Maybe Resist, but Null and Reflect Phys in the game's first dungeon? :V

He didn't say when he was fighting it. *shrugs*

I know there's a Resist Physical Personae around that level somewhere....

....Yup, there is. Obariyon at level 13.

Noi

He didn't say when he was fighting it. *shrugs*

I know there's a Resist Physical Personae around that level somewhere....

....Yup, there is. Obariyon at level 13.

Contrarian King....what. The. Fuck

Seriously how in the hell do I beat this guy? Every single game he uses rampage at least once and it kills me

There's only one point in the game where your HP is so low that a single rampage will kill you!

(I had to dodge the fuck out of it cause I was underleveled.)

Sophia

maybe Rakhasa?

If you're high enough level (23), yeah that'd work. The real thing is getting the defensive/accuracy/evasion buffs on as many people as possible, getting your protagonist to survive it, and praying he doesn't do it again before you can finish him off. :p

CSX

If you're high enough level (23), yeah that'd work. The real thing is getting the defensive/accuracy/evasion buffs on as many people as possible, getting your protagonist to survive it, and praying he doesn't do it again before you can finish him off. :p

well eligor is below him in terms of levels.

But if you are at that level and dont use buffs, then you're just delaying the inevitable :p

CSX

I'm really pissed at this stupid touch screen not responding bug

Are you sure its not your internet? For me, when the touch screen is not responding for SOS, its the connection dying out. Few minutes later, it asks me to reconnect to PSN

Jintor

It's not SOS, it's the fucking lock screen. Can't get back in to my dungeon grind... reset, lose to last save. Worse than a party wipe.

CSX

It's not SOS, it's the fucking lock screen.

I assumed you already tried cleaning the screen already? It was like that for me too since my vita was collecting dust till I played Golden. Used a cleaning solution for glasses and cloth and it was back to normal

Jintor

I've had it happen with Virtue's Last Reward as well... out of the blue, touch screen will stop working. Works fine on reset, but no consolation when I've just lost an hour or two of grinding.

This would be fucking fine if there was just a way to unlock the vita without using the touch screen, but nooooo, failsafes suck

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is the first game on my Vita to make me say, 'Boy, I really love this thing.' Everything works so perfectly with the system.

Hopefully I can get some more feelings like that, but I'm not seeing much beyond Ys and EP(HAHAHAAHAHA)

So PersonaGAF, what other retail games are there worth getting for the Vita? I have P4G, GR, PASBR, and VLR? How is Ragnaroks Odyssey? P4G is great and all but I could use something new for my commute before Fire Emblem comes out.

Top Bottom