• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

It would be way fucking better if they were drunk

Fishing is the sport of kings.

yuguard.jpg

Squire

Banned
THEN I SHALL FLY OVER TO AMERICA AND FIGHT YOU.

But seriously, you don't think it would be better if they were drunk? It breaks the context for me. Why would they act like that otherwise?

I guess. Doesn't really justify it though.

I fished once on my playthrough of vanilla P4, and that's it. It's a waste of time, really.

Oh no, it would totally be better if they were drunk, I agree. But like some people are saying: placebo effect. They're subconsciously leaning into something they think is (or want to be) there and isn't. They're being silly teenagers. Naoto isn't capable of that in that moment. She's too self-conscious and self-serious. Like I said, the scene serves to create a juxtaposition. I think it does so quite well.

Dantis

*sigh*

I was listening to Snowflakes and Youtube and thought "Man, I should really buy this CD".

Then I remembered that I just spent £225 on a Wii U that I absolutely hate.

I'd be £200 richer and ten times happier if I'd bought the Golden soundtrack instead. It would be Snowflakes all day 'er day. :(

EDIT: I just remembered that I was going to get the Catherine and Nocturne soundtracks this month too. Man, I really made a huge mistake. ;_;

Sophia

Pre Secret Base. 110 hours. Cry sum moar. No I was not playin for all 110 of those hours.

I'm at Secret Base with like 44 hours. >_>;

*sigh*

I was listening to Snowflakes and Youtube and thought "Man, I should really buy this CD".

I'd be £200 richer and ten times happier if I'd bought the Golden soundtrack instead. It would be Snowflakes all day 'er day. :(

EDIT: I just remembered that I was going to get the Catherine and Nocturne soundtracks this month too. Man, I really made a huge mistake. ;_;

Yeah with all the negative threads about the Wii U running around I just decided to hold off. I got burned pretty badly with the Wii, after all... Shame, first time I've skipped out of a Nintendo console at launch.

Squire

Banned
*sigh*

You really shouldn't have bought that. I saw your thread and thought, "Noooooooooo."

Dantis

You really shouldn't have bought that. I saw your thread and thought, "Noooooooooo."

My thread turned to shit. Did you see the gigantic post where someone read my post history from like the last month, and painted me as a Sony fanboy? Madness.

Buying it is one of the stupidest things I've done in ages. I've just been sat thinking of all the things I could have spent £200 on.

But instead, I'm reduced to listening to Snowflakes on Youtube, and remembering the days when I had sense.

Yeah with all the negative threads about the Wii U running around I just decided to hold off. I got burned pretty badly with the Wii, after all... Shame, first time I've skipped out of a Nintendo console at launch.

You made the right decision. I just bought it because I'm a sucker for new gadgets and it was £75 off. I thought it was a steal! :(

man if it didn't have a game you were absolutely jonesing for why'd you get it

Because I'm a fucking idiot. :(

I want to sell it, but I can't even sell it as Used - As New because I somehow scratched the piece of shit plastic that it's made out of.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
My thread turned to shit. Did you see the gigantic post where someone read my post history from like the last month, and painted me as a Sony fanboy? Madness.

Buying it is one of the stupidest things I've done in ages. I've just been sat thinking of all the things I could have spent £200 on.

But instead, I'm reduced to listening to Snowflakes on Youtube, and remembering the days when I had sense.

You made the right decision. I just bought it because I'm a sucker for new gadgets and it was £75 off. I thought it was a steal! :(

I saw that. It was.... interesting.

Also can't you just return it?

Nintendo just doesn't have "it" for me anymore, so I always hold off. To this date, I still have not bought a Wii.

Dantis

I saw that. It was.... interesting.

Also can't you just return it?

Nintendo just doesn't have "it" for me anymore, so I always hold off. To this date, I still have not bought a Wii.

I scratched the case. I guess the stupid thing is made of soft plastic, because there isn't a mark on any of my other consoles or devices. I'm relatively careful with things.

Squire

Banned

Because I'm a fucking idiot. :(

I want to sell it, but I can't even sell it as Used - As New because I somehow scratched the piece of shit plastic that it's made out of.

Man, I feel your pain. I bailed on that thread, but your story sounds about right. Wii U Defense Force is nuts. That console is borked in a laundry list of ways right now.

Ditto, except I didn't realize until after I bought a Wii :/

CSX

So Dantis bought a new console without having any games he's interested in?

You only do this when you are getting a big discount on it :p

Dantis

Ditto, except I didn't realize until after I bought a Wii :/

Did you play the Trauma games? They were really good (And also had participation from a lot of Persona-related staff, such as Meguro, Kitajoh, and Doi, not to mention the original concept being thought of by Hashino).

So Dantis bought a new console without having any games he's interested in?

You only do this when you are getting a big discount on it :p

That's WHY I bought it, haha. £75 off! £75 is a really significant drop. It's about $120 I think?

Noi

I loved reading the shit in that thread with people trying to flip the console's problems on you. Wifi works with everything except the WiiU? Clearly you need a new router or to drill holes all over your house!

It's the first time Nintendo's put out a new console AND handheld that I didn't buy on day one out of complete disinterest and negative critiques. Feels bad man.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, I feel your pain. I bailed on that thread, but your story sounds about right. Wii U Defense Force is nuts. That console is borked in a laundry list of ways right now.

It is pretty funny to see people run to it's defense though, it's like someone just insulted their mother. And most of people's problems with the system are very valid complaints, ESPECIALLY the digital purchases being tied to the hardware. When your competitors have already perfected this AND you had all the time in the world to produce something similar and you don't, then you've failed miserably.

I scratched the case. I guess the stupid thing is made of soft plastic, because there isn't a mark on any of my other consoles or devices. I'm relatively careful with things.

Oh damn, that sucks. I too take very extra care of my shit, I treat them like they were my children.

Dantis

Never played Trauma Team.

Absolutely worth playing, seriously.

Doi is Soejima's assistant, so his art is heavily based upon it. He even based two of the characters on Yukiko and Chie:

The soundtrack is mostly Kitajoh (Assisted by Konishi) with a few Meguro pieces in there, and the voice cast includes Nolan North and Travis Willingham, the story is written by the Arena and Golden guy, and the gameplay is... Unique. In a good way.

Play it if you can.

CSX

That's WHY I bought it, haha. £75 off! £75 is a really significant drop. It's about $120 I think?

So a Wii U for about 150 USD? I dont know standard pricing for the console. Not even gonna look at it till Fire Emblem Wii U is revealed :p

But yea I got the vita for the same reason. Discounted to $150 with free 8gb memory stick and its one with the 3G (which I don't use).

Shit was collecting dust thanks to school and not having any games I was interested it. Hell all the games I got were bought much later after release with huge discounts/deals on them.

Then Golden comes out, preordered with $10 off coupon...had to actually dust the vita off because it was effecting the touchscreen.

All regrets with my purchase now forgotten :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm going on a PSP buying spree soon when my birthday rolls around. There's a ton of classics for the system I didn't play because my old used one was a piece of crap.

Go for the Ys games if you can, especially 7. It's fantastic.

Delicious ARPG.

Last game I played on 360 was MW3, but that was just singleplayer because I got it free from a friend. I plan to go play Binary Domain sometime.

Most of my time was with P4G, which I need to get back to so I can get that dammed book trophy. :p

Sophia

Go for the Ys games if you can, especially 7. It's fantastic.

Delicious ARPG.

Ys 7, Dissidia, Tactics Ogre, Jeanne D'Arc, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 were all on my list of potential buys. Maybe Resistance: Retribution too. I was fond of that, but it was unplayable on my old one.

Jintor

Vita is a powerhouse because I skipped the PSP generation completely, whereas with my 3DS I'm only in it for 3DS games and there aren't that many of those

Will be worth it when the next harvest moon, animal crossing and fire emblem drop though. Maybe the next Pokemon, too.

Noi

Will be worth it when the next harvest moon, animal crossing and fire emblem drop though. Maybe the next Pokemon, too.

I got my 3DS as a gift for Rune Factory 4. Every month that goes by without a localization announcement is torture.

Okay, what to drop for Amrita for Yukiko (I'm guessing Agi?):

Dia
Agi
Me Patra
Maragi
Media
Agilao
Recarm
Divine Grace

Amrita heals everything on the party. Me Patra only heals some stuff. Drop Me Patra.

Dantis

So a Wii U for about 150 USD? I dont know standard pricing for the console. Not even gonna look at it till Fire Emblem Wii U is revealed :p

But yea I got the vita for the same reason. Discounted to $150 with free 8gb memory stick and its one with the 3G (which I don't use).

Shit was collecting dust thanks to school and not having any games I was interested it. Hell all the games I got were bought much later after release with huge discounts/deals on them.

Then Golden comes out, preordered with $10 off coupon...had to actually dust the vita off because it was effecting the touchscreen.

All regrets with my purchase now forgotten :)

Hahaaaaa, no, a lot more than $250. About $300-ish, I'd guess? £225, anyway.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ys 7, Dissidia, Tactics Ogre, Jeanne D'Arc, Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 were all on my list of potential buys. Maybe Resistance: Retribution too. I was fond of that, but it was unplayable on my old one.

I've always been meaning to pick that up, but I always forget. :p

Resistance was great, what made it unplayable, the controls? I just left auto-aim on haha.

CSX

Okay, what to drop for Amrita for Yukiko (I'm guessing Agi?):

Dia
Agi
Me Patra
Maragi
Media
Agilao
Recarm
Divine Grace

the common idea is to replace weaker magic with stronger counterpart. But yea in this case, agi.

Yukiko has a lot of SP anyways, she can afford the few extra SP to do a Agilao over agi

Sophia

I've always been meaning to pick that up, but I always forget. :p

Resistance was great, what made it unplayable, the controls? I just left auto-aim on haha.

I had a broken analog stick on my PSP. That + d-pad = I CAN'T PLAY THIS ANYMORE.

But on the Vita I can just map aiming to the sticks. Hooray~!

the common idea is to replace weaker magic with stronger counterpart. But yea in this case, agi.

Yukiko has a lot of SP anyways, she can afford the few extra SP to do a Agilao over agi

He's asking what to drop for Amrita, not the fire ability. Me Patra is what you drop, as Amrita is the superior version of it.

Noi

All of the Ys games should be on your potential buys, all of them.

Other games of note that you haven't already mentioned:
Corpse Party
FFIVCC
Trails in the Sky

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I had a broken analog stick on my PSP. That + d-pad = I CAN'T PLAY THIS ANYMORE.

But on the Vita I can just map aiming to the sticks. Hooray~!

Oooooh boy. That sucks.

Vita is a powerhouse because I skipped the PSP generation completely, whereas with my 3DS I'm only in it for 3DS games and there aren't that many of those

I bought a DS first and I was fine with it.

Then P3P came out a year later and I was like SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIT I shoulda bought one of these before. (Course DS had DeSu 1 & 2 as well)

Sophia

Kanji's dungeon has some highly annoying enemies for when I just want to hit Rush and farm SP restoration items. >_>;

All of the Ys games should be on your potential buys, all of them.

Other games of note that you haven't already mentioned:
Corpse Party
FFIVCC
Trails in the Sky

Keep in mind I've played some of the Ys games before. I'd only buy the ones I haven't played. :p Same thing with FFIVCC, played it already so many times before it'd be kind of a waste.

Trails in the Sky is definitely on my list, but not right away. Persona 4 is starting to poop me out on RPGs. >.<;

Oooooh boy. That sucks.

Tell me about it. The unit had a lot of problems when I got it (essentially for free) so I never bought that many games for it. Eventually the sound went out in one speaker and the battery started losing it's charge, so I gave up on trying to fix or play it.

Noi

Keep in mind I've played some of the Ys games before. I'd only buy the ones I haven't played. :p Same thing with FFIVCC, played it already so many times before it'd be kind of a waste.

Trails in the Sky is definitely on my list, but not right away.

Buy them anyway to give XSeed more money so we get Celcetta faster.

FF4CC has the After Years though! Which... while not that great, is pretty interesting fanfiction. It's not every day that an old ass game like FFIV gets a rather lengthy epilogue game. That and 2x speed Auto Battle make the game go wooosh fast.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Trails in the Sky is definitely on my list, but not right away. Persona 4 is starting to poop me out on RPGs. >.<;

That and I'm not sure XSEED is planing on releasing the rest of the Trails series in the west, doesn't the first end on some sort of cliffhanger that that second starts on?

Tell me about it. The unit had a lot of problems when I got it (essentially for free) so I never bought that many games for it. Eventually the sound went out in one speaker and the battery started losing it's charge, so I gave up on trying to fix or play it.

Damn, you got a lemon. :p At least it was free.

Squire

Banned
It is pretty funny to see people run to it's defense though, it's like someone just insulted their mother. And most of people's problems with the system are very valid complaints, ESPECIALLY the digital purchases being tied to the hardware. When your competitors have already perfected this AND you had all the time in the world to produce something similar and you don't, then you've failed miserably.

Yup. You summed it up perfectly.

Dantis, I think you could make any Atlus game sound great. TT sounds wonderful! :D

I have defeated a mighty enemy. Gaia Sword is mine.

Oh, and its time for another Marie poem. Wonderful.

YEAH-YEAH. NOW DANCE.

Pure poetry in motion.

Tiu Neo

A New Beginning is slowing down my P4G NG+ playthrough. My favorite Harvest Moon in a loooong time. Can't wait for RF4 too.

What can I say? I'm a passionate Atlus fan! :D

When I'm not hating them.

I remember when I felt that way about Konami, a long time ago. Now there's only hate. :(

Top Bottom