• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Anime is for jerks

G3s8a.gif

Reminds me of the time I was gonna buy a Nokia NGage way back in the day...only I grew a brain heheheheerheheerhrrhrhhhhehejjdjdmsbwixmd

What happened at the end there, did you have a stroke?

Did we ever figure out what the weird eye appearing on Yosuke's party screen meant in the original P4?

The what now?

Dantis

Both the anime and animated cutscenes are unbelievably hideous so I imagine they would mesh together okay.

Seriously, they should've locked Soejima in a room and made him correct all the frames for the cutscenes or something.

Fun fact of the day: Soejima's first job for Atlus was animating the Jack Frost sprite in the Atlus logo.

Squire

Banned
Just beat the December dungeon and spent Christmas with Chie. Currently on 01/18 and have mostly been S.Linking Naoto, Rise & Kanji as well hanging out with the others too.

Time to go on some quests... Also bought all costumes at Croco Fur because VE makes the money rain...

And this game cements more why I love Chie - she so adorable during dating scenes.

Sitting on 1.9m yen in my game.

I had over 3.3m, now back to 2.9m yen after buying equipment, costumes and random stuff. It's only mid-January and I avoided fighting in the December dungeon because I was tired of fighting stuff. Now I have to go find quest stuff so wheee, more monies!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
It was 6:20 am and I hardly gotten any sleep and I had school in like 30 minutes it was a dire situation man!

The things I miss when I go to bread!

I am down to about 200k, but that was after me completing the compendium. I dropped about 1.5m(maybe more) total to fuse. I'm surprised Igor didn't get solid gold dubs and pimp the hell out of the Velvet Room when I was finished.

Lombax

Banned
ok I am sorry if this is a dumb question for Persona 4 regulars, but what is the point of fishing? Also do you learn it from a book?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ok I am sorry if this is a dumb question for Persona 4 regulars, but what is the point of fishing? Also do you learn it from a book?

Fishing is basically just for the quests now, in vanilla you could trade fish to the guy next to the riverbank for items. At least I haven't found out how to trade with him in Golden.

There's a book, but it just helps you catch fish faster. At certain points the triangle button will appear and it reels in the fish a little closer.

The things I miss when I go to bread!

I am down to about 200k, but that was after me completing the compendium. I dropped about 1.5m(maybe more) total to fuse. I'm surprised Igor didn't get solid gold dubs and pimp the hell out of the Velvet Room when I was finished.

Why go to bread when you can burn it?

Just got finished with the Nanako social link, and it's definitely my favorite one so far, she's just so sweet! She reminds me of my little sister when she was younger, and I can't believe I'm actually finding myself caring for the characters in a game, been a long while since that's happened.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As bad as some things that are related to Persona are ... At least they're not the new Naoto manga. Jesus christ, it is AWFUL. Like ... makes Labrys and Marie my favorite Persona characters because it's so bad.

As bad as some things that are related to Persona are ... At least they're not the new Naoto manga. Jesus christ, it is AWFUL. Like ... makes Labrys and Marie my favorite Persona characters because it's so bad.

Did you actually read it? Any english versions anywhere? Curious about it.

Jintor

Is that different to the light novel with the motorbike persona?

I remember people being up in arms about her taking on a more feminine appearance, but after replaying P4G twice her arc always leads towards that... I see why people see what they want to see in Kanji and Naoto's dungeons, but that's not really the main message of their arcs.

There's no excuse for the coronet outfit though

Just got finished with the Nanako social link, and it's definitely my favorite one so far, she's just so sweet! She reminds me of my little sister when she was younger, and I can't believe I'm actually finding myself caring for the characters in a game, been a long while since that's happened.

How far into Dojima's are you? They compliment each other extremely well, for rather obvious reasons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is that different to the light novel with the motorbike persona?

I remember people being up in arms about her taking on a more feminine appearance, but after replaying P4G twice her arc always leads towards that... I see why people see what they want to see in Kanji and Naoto's dungeons, but that's not really the main message of their arcs.

There's no excuse for the coronet outfit though

She says she accepts a more feminine appearance, but they display that in the epilogue. She's still got short hair. Not only is the long hair terrible looking, but it's a weakness that someone could grab onto because it's not even like she hides it. It's just so uncharacteristic.

And the motorbike is SO bad. Not only does he look awful, but the things he says, and maybe it's lost in translation, are so poorly written. Everything about it's that way though.

It's really the worst thing I've ever read officially related to Persona tho. Most fanfics are better. Maybe it'll get better, but the core idea behind it's so stupid that I can't see myself looking into it anymore.

Jintor

She's a detective, not an action movie star, or Jill Valentine. I didn't think it looked that bad... but she does look better with short hair. Still, nobody stays in stasis forever.

Fuck that bike.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You think detectives don't get into altercations? There's a reason all the females ones on tv have shoulder length hair or it's tied into a tight bun. Hers is ridiculous, it's like the manga's just screaming 'LOOK. LOOK AT HER HAIR! WE MADE IT LONGER!'

Jintor

Generally, detectives detect. They don't go on raids and shit, that's NCIS fodder. Though yeah, it would be better if hers was ponytailed or something, but man she's got a motorbike persona this book has bigger problems

generally i've always thought the look of personas was really dumb sometimes. Tomoe having a giant smoochy thing on her helmet represents Chie's desire to be feminine or whatever but it looks dumb as shit

^She gets a new Persona, Mikaboshi, that part does sound lame.

One thing I like about that novel/manga Naoto is that she evolved from a Raidou Kuzunoha tribute to a Kyoji Kuzunoha tribute.

persona-4-x-detective-naoto.jpg

1074333794-00.jpg

Dantis

The worst parts of the light novel are the fan service parts.

OH NO, SOMEONE INTERRUPTED NAOTO IN THE SHOWER.
OH NO, RISE FORCES NAOTO TO DO A BIKINI PHOTOSHOOT
OH NO, NAOTO HAS TO WEAR A FEMALE SCHOOL UNIFORM AND GETS EMBARASSED.

All whilst having gigantic boobs, obviously.

I actually think Soejima's art for her is fine. As you'd probably expect, no giganto boobs either.

The worst parts of the light novel are the fan service parts.

OH NO, SOMEONE INTERRUPTED NAOTO IN THE SHOWER.
OH NO, RISE FORCES NAOTO TO DO A BIKINI PHOTOSHOOT
OH NO, NAOTO HAS TO WEAR A FEMALE SCHOOL UNIFORM AND GETS EMBARASSED.

All whilst having gigantic boobs, obviously.

No question really. You gotta admit though, that Kyoji tribute is neat.

Jintor

1) Light novels are a plague on reality.
2) I wonder why they only really exist in Japan, or if it's some marketing thing and they exist here but aren't called light novels
3) Someone hire me to write one so I can spout garbage and get paid for it

Forgot to post these, picked them up at Sac-Anime. It started out as a game between friends and since then, each con, we have to pick up one pack to see who got Teddie this time.

38AD8734-E6D0-4E78-A252-CDDB9D0B254D-3731-000003362F0288D9_zpsfa965deb.jpg

Dantis

1) Light novels are a plague on reality.
2) I wonder why they only really exist in Japan, or if it's some marketing thing and they exist here but aren't called light novels
3) Someone hire me to write one so I can spout garbage and get paid for it

I actually don't really know much about light novels. I only heard of them through Persona x Detective.

Soejima illustrated for some though (Hilariously, not the Persona one), and his art was AMAAAAAAAZE.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Forgot to post these, picked them up at Sac-Anime. It started out as a game between friends and since then, each con, we have to pick up one pack to see who got Teddie this time.

Keychains? Kinda hate how random they are, I just want a Chie one without having to buy like 10 of them. ;p

Jintor

Most popular anime for the past few years has been spun out of light novel series. Terrible light novel series.

I don't really like keychains... I prefer those little capsule minifigs.

Keychains? Kinda hate how random they are, I just want a Chie one without having to buy like 10 of them. ;p

I don't really like keychains... I prefer those little capsule minifigs.

It's part of the game. It started out as: "Oh hey, P4 package... Let's each grab one and see who we get... Damn I got Teddie but wanted Naoto, I'll try my luck again tomorrow since we're here at con for a weekend..." type of deal with my friends. Soon enough, 3 years and many cons later, it's still going strong. Sometimes, we don't even need a con, just an event and someone selling them and we buy them.

That said, I end up clipping mine to a zipper for my bags to identify it or put them on my keys, since that's what they're for.

Also, I think it's the first time that Dojima's been available for anything in terms of P4 merch.

Sophia

What I don't like about Persona x Detective Naoto is that a lot of it's plot events are blatantly ripped off other fictional works. Plus it's really screwy with the plot of P3. Like... Kirjio Group people working as detectives? More androids, really? At least Labrys was hinted at in P3, these ones don't even make sense.

And then there's Ai Kurogami. If Dantis wants to see anime fanservicy robots, it doesn't get much worse than that.

The whole novel is basically awful. :\

What I don't like about Persona x Detective Naoto is that a lot of it's plot events are blatantly ripped off other fictional works. Plus it's really screwy with the plot of P3. Like... Kirjio Group people working as detectives? More androids, really? At least Labrys was hinted at in P3, these ones don't even make sense.

And then there's Ai Kurogami. If Dantis wants to see anime fanservicy robots, it doesn't get much worse than that.

What even happens in it?

Dantis

So I guess Soejima did an illustration for a Persona jigsaw puzzle. Usually, that wouldn't be all that interesting, but the illustration is fucking great.

p0021463442.jpg

Why are these kind of images not up as wallpapers? >: (

How far into Dojima's are you? They compliment each other extremely well, for rather obvious reasons.

Rank 9, his was another one of my favorites so I've ended up going alot further with his social link than with most of the others. You're right, they do compliment each other well, to see Nanako and Dojima gradually open up to each other and bond is one of the most heartwarming story lines I've experienced in a game. I suppose the reason I like Dojima's storyline so much is because I can empathize with Dojima a bit. When you lose people close to you, for some it's only natural to shield yourself away from others for a while, at least until you come to terms with things, which also made the dynamics of the relationship between Nanako and Dojima that much more believable and enjoyable.

Sophia

What even happens in it?

It basically takes pace a year after Persona 4 with Naoto investigating the disappear of an old friend who is a blatant ripoff of a character from Kara no Kyoukai. And she has a detective/scientist who worked for the Kirijo Group on her side. And she has the help of two Anti Shadow Weapons as well.

Oh, and one of the Anti Shadow Weapons is a Genki Girl Junes Robot. Seriously.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Ai is a humanoid robot with short light hair and dark eyes. Her appearance is like a child, she wears a collar with bow tie and a dark metal headband.

OK.

One of her body parts resembles a motorcycle.

OH GOD WHAT?

Dantis

It basically takes pace a year after Persona 4 with Naoto investigating the disappear of an old friend who is a blatant ripoffo a character from Kara no Kyoukai. And she has a detective/scientist who worked for the Kirijo Group on her side. And she has the help of two Anti Shadow Weapons as well.

Oh, and there's a Genki Girl Junes Robot. Seriously.

Genki Girl? What's that?

And Junes? Eh?

It basically takes pace a year after Persona 4 with Naoto investigating the disappear of an old friend who is a blatant ripoff of a character from Kara no Kyoukai. And she has a detective/scientist who worked for the Kirijo Group on her side. And she has the help of two Anti Shadow Weapons as well.

Oh, and there's a Genki Girl Junes Robot. Seriously.

I know all that, the setup, but what actually happens in it?

Sophia

I know all that, the setup, but what actually happens in it?

I dunno. I refuse to read it out of disgust of how badly it ripped off the Nausverse. It's one thing to have a homage, it's another thing to rip a character off entirely to the point of plagiarism.

Genki Girl? What's that?

And Junes? Eh?

Genki Girl = CHEERFUL OVERHYPERACTIVE ALWAYS ON SUGER HAPPY GO LUCKY YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~! :) :) :)

Top Bottom