• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Ten pages!

I spent ages compiling a list of vocal tracks in games from 2012, and get like 100 replies. Bitch about the Wii U, and everyone replies.

Gonna head into town today or tomorrow and see how much the shops will give me for it. Apparently HMV gives you £250(!), but because they're going bankrupt, they've stopped giving cash. :/

PFFFFFT.

I have to have a good complain about something when it bothers me. Gets it all off my chest.

I just realised that Arena 2 would mean no Labrys in P5.

I would be okay with this.
Gonna try reading those responses XD?
Yes, one of the dumbest moments in the game.
I felt he was intimidated by Dojima but yeah an off moment.

Jintor

I don't know if there's a way to fix the
"I could prove this shit to you easily" problem. You could make Dojima open the letter or something though, that's not too bad.

Squire

Banned
Ten pages!

I spent ages compiling a list of vocal tracks in games from 2012, and get like 100 replies. Bitch about the Wii U, and everyone replies.

Gonna head into town today or tomorrow and see how much the shops will give me for it. Apparently HMV gives you £250(!), but because they're going bankrupt, they've stopped giving cash. :/

Man, I'd say you could get a gaggle of great games with that kind of in-store credit, but you seem to have particular taste. Do you have a 3DS? I'm guessing you want Soul Hackers.

Man, I'd say you could get a gaggle of great games with that kind of in-store credit, but you seem to have particular taste. Do you have a 3DS? I'm guessing you want Soul Hackers.
HMV games are overpriced though; even their accessories etc are as well, so...=/ . And 3DS is not region free/no Soul Hackers announcement for Europe so far.

Is it bad that the first thing I can't wait to do is to figure out new and fun ways to break or exploit the fusion/battle system...or that the combat is what interests me the most?

Sophia

Nope. Half of the fun of a MegaTen game is seeing how you can do that. The other half is seeing how badly you failed when you get one shotted.

Nope. Half of the fun of a MegaTen game is seeing how you can do that. The other half is seeing how badly you failed when you get one shotted.
That is why I am doing Very Hard. I need the thrill that a dumb mistake can cost me like an hour or two. Checkpoints take the fun out of it for me :(

Dantis

No English release. We get nothing because Atlus doesn't like us.

Also, just reading through that thread. Some people are mean, haha.

Jintor

It's kind of funny how you'll never show up for your job again after you max S.link them

I guess I understand why the sports club can't s.link when it's raining, but where the fuck does the rest of the investigation team go? DUDES I WANNA CHILL

Dantis

It's kind of funny how you'll never show up for your job again after you max S.link them

I guess I understand why the sports club can't s.link when it's raining, but where the fuck does the rest of the investigation team go? DUDES I WANNA CHILL

I really, really, really want the ability to call people in Persona 5. It's so weird that you can't on this.

I like to imagine, on the rainy days, most go to their family/part time jobs and Chie challenges the Aiya rainy day challenge (since she doesn't have a job, AFAIK) =P

Dantis earlier we were having a small conversation about how Yukiko is a good character. How does that make you feel...also...holy shit at that stalkerpost in your first Wii U thread I mean what the fuck.

Dantis

It just means you're all wrong, obviously.

Also, everyone in that topic is asking how I didn't know anything about the Wii U. I'm almost scared to tell them that, actually, I knew everything about it. I just bought it because it was on sale and new hardware wooo...

Jintor

Honestly, making a poor decision from an informed standpoint is probably worse than making a poor decision from an uninformed standpoint... :p

Reminds me of the time I was gonna buy a Nokia NGage way back in the day...only I grew a brain heheheheerheheerhrrhrhhhhehejjdjdmsbwixmd

Jintor

You know, in some ways, I'm kind of surprised they didn't just straight out take scenes from the anime and plug them into the game.

(I'm at the King's Game again and think this would be vastly improved by a dramatic anime scene of MC slamming back shots, unbuttoning his shirt and generally being SWAG)

Noi

You know, in some ways, I'm kind of surprised they didn't just straight out take scenes from the anime and plug them into the game.

(I'm at the King's Game again and think this would be vastly improved by a dramatic anime scene of MC slamming back shots, unbuttoning his shirt and generally being SWAG)

no way, that was the worst scene in the anime. Cause dumb fanservice or something

^I really would have disliked it if the game version went down like the animu version did. the animu version ONLY worked because of how the game did it first.

Jintor. No. Bad.

Jintor

your power save thing didn't work, that's how long the vita takes to go into sleep mode, not screen dim

Man, there's no way they weren't just straight out drinking

Sophia

They probably didn't want the animation to be inconsistent with each other. Studio Hibari, Madhouse, and A-1 Pictures did the ingame animation scenes, where AIC A.S.T.A. handled the anime.

your power save thing didn't work, that's how long the vita takes to go into sleep mode, not screen dim

Man, there's no way they weren't just straight out drinking

Oh yea, screen dim...They have to patch in an option to keep it from auto doing that. they probably will, they have patched in a ton of other functionality on the vita os already.

Jintor

Come on, the first time Tanaka's comes on, it should really have that stupid little animation and him trying to flog you merchandise

Jintor

>_____________________________________________________________>

i6DRQ32FboEix.jpg

Did we ever figure out what the weird eye appearing on Yosuke's party screen meant in the original P4?

Probably just remnants of an unfinished or unused system or status, possibly a reworking of P3's Great/Good/Bad/Sick that they decided bot to finish or implement, who knows.

Sophia

Probably just remnants of an unfinished or unused system or status, possibly a reworking of P3's Great/Good/Bad/Sick that they decided bot to finish or implement, who knows.

I kinda wish the fatigue system was still in. It works much better than the SP method used in P4/P3P. :(

But I don't think the eye is that. Seems like it's something else given it often only shows up on Yosuke's Persona.

I kinda wish the fatigue system was still in. It works much better than the SP method used in P4/P3P. :(

But I don't think the eye is that. Seems like it's something else given it often only shows up on Yosuke's Persona.

True, it was much more risky when you became tired and it is far less easy to abuse and break like the current SP system. Truth be told, despite my apprehensions towards p3, I admire the semi realistic take on the party system it had. you were only truely in control of yourself, and you can only influence what the others do, not directly take control of them. They each basically had personalities you had to learn and adap-Marin Karin. Also, if you push yourself or your team too hard, you could get you and your crew sick.

My theory is that it was meant for everyone but they programmed it out of everyone properly except Yosuke, which is glitched or somethin

Just beat the December dungeon and spent Christmas with Chie. Currently on 01/18 and have mostly been S.Linking Naoto, Rise & Kanji as well hanging out with the others too.

Time to go on some quests... Also bought all costumes at Croco Fur because VE makes the money rain...

And this game cements more why I love Chie - she so adorable during dating scenes.

JUST unlocked Hardcore Risette Fan and couldn't be happier! Now I can actually level up, Plat this game today or tomorrow and more importantly start my 3rd playthrough. Rushed through this run just to focus on HRF but at least I got some costumes I missed the first time.

Oh and tip for those still waiting for it to pop: it seems the theory now is that L-button scans (the one's with the affinities and close-up of the enemy) do NOT count. The logic is that so far nobody (including me) has actually unlocked the trophy while in that screen, but it ONLY unlocks when an actual visual of Rise's line in the upper-left corner appears. L-button shuffling is still useful to get her to actually say different lines though.

Risette

A Good Citizen
They probably didn't want the animation to be inconsistent with each other. Studio Hibari, Madhouse, and A-1 Pictures did the ingame animation scenes, where AIC A.S.T.A. handled the anime.
Both the anime and animated cutscenes are unbelievably hideous so I imagine they would mesh together okay.

Seriously, they should've locked Soejima in a room and made him correct all the frames for the cutscenes or something.

Top Bottom