• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I guess... but I don't know, she's still pretty flat to me. A typical tomboy type I guess? While Yukiko, for example, at a glance seem like a Yamato Nadeshiko but she's actually in the inside I think is anything but, hahaha.

I really like Yukiko. Guess it's going to be hard for me to reject her on this 2nd playthrough since I want to try out romances with another girl (and no, I am not comfortable with dating multiple girls.)

All it requires is inviting her once from the Listen from the Dwellers menu thingie during a visit to the Velvet Room, IIRC. And...

I wasn't aware there's a certain limit to initiating her S.Link.

Yeah, I'll still try to get her social link, the game just seems to be more complicated than I thought it would be. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Sophia

After seeing that $720 blu ray anime thread at OT, i think they kinda have the right to do so...

Can't say I disagree with you, but it was foolish to include dual audio if it was really going to cause such an issue. I suspect it only happened because it was an Arc developed game, so I don't think the situation will come up again.

Noi

Can't say I disagree with you, but it was foolish to include dual audio if it was really going to cause such an issue. I suspect it only happened because it was an Arc developed game, so I don't think the situation will come up again.

Dual audio wasn't really an issue though, as other games do that shit all the time. It was the relative proximity of both releases and both versions being 100% identical, including English AND Japanese text. That's a step further from even Blazblue, which doesn't have dual text on it's releases but has dual audio.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, I'll still try to get her social link, the game just seems to be more complicated than I thought it would be. But that's not necessarily a bad thing.

This your first time playing P4? God I am so jealous.

IMagine if he let them dangle like you told him to :p

This reminds me of the comment Rise make if the MC wears his Drag costume.

So many Shadows would be surprised indeed.

Sophia

Dual audio wasn't really an issue though, as other games do that shit all the time. It was the relative proximity of both releases and both versions being 100% identical, including English AND Japanese text. That's a step further from even Blazblue, which doesn't have dual text on it's releases but has dual audio.

Pretty sure Blazblue has dual text. I know Calamity Trigger does on the PS3, because I switched it to Japanese for shits and giggles. There's really no reason to ever have such an option on an Atlus release tho. The dubs are high enough quality in contras to the average inconsistent Blazblue dub. :\

Sophia

And now onto the final stretch of the game.
Heaven
dungeon is a go! As is a massive grinding spree for Trumpeter.

Is BB difficult to get into? I enjoy P4A quite a bit and don't normally feel that way about 2D fighters.

Not that difficult, but it's more difficult than Persona 4 Arena. The good thing however is that many of the mechanics in P4A transfer over to BlazBlue pretty easily.

Noi

Is BB difficult to get into? I enjoy P4A quite a bit and don't normally feel that way about 2D fighters.

BB's much harder cause it doesn't have P4A's universal inputs, but that doesn't really matter for the story mode which is arguably the best in the genre. The latest game (Extend) pretty much has all the story content up to this point, so it's not a bad starting spot. I really like how the game looks on the Vita too.

Pretty sure Blazblue has dual text. I know Calamity Trigger does on the PS3, because I switched it to Japanese for shits and giggles. There's really no reason to ever have such an option on an Atlus release tho. The dubs are high enough quality in contras to the average inconsistent Blazblue dub. :

Huh, you're right. I just booted up my Vita Extend and it has English, Korean, Chinese AND Japanese. Pretty surprising considering all the damn text in Extend.

Still, the proximity can still be considered. The delay between US and JPN BB releases isn't that short, while P4A's was. Though again, if dual text was a major issue, I'm sure people who wanted to play with Japanese text would have had no problem importing.

Squire

Banned
Not that difficult, but it's more difficult than Persona 4 Arena. The good thing however is that many of the mechanics in P4A transfer over to BlazBlue pretty easily.

BB's much harder cause it doesn't have P4A's universal inputs, but that doesn't really matter for the story mode which is arguably the best in the genre. The latest game (Extend) pretty much has all the story content up to this point, so it's not a bad starting spot. I really like how the game looks on the Vita too.

I see. Thanks! Btw, I read an old post on Siliconera earlier today and apparently P4A exceeded Index' expectations sales-wise. I think a sequel is almost a given.

I see. Thanks! Btw, I read an old post on Siliconera earlier today and apparently P4A exceeded Index' expectations sales-wise. I think a sequel is almost a given.

And just watch Europe will have a BB situation, with P4A releasing in Europe when you guys get the sequel -.-;
I want to play P4A only because it continues the P4 story but I really hate fighting games in general so I don't know what to do >_>
Apparently, it's story mode is easy to play through even for non-fighting game fans.

And now onto the final stretch of the game.
Heaven
dungeon is a go! As is a massive grinding spree for Trumpeter.

Just to put how grind heavy I got into perspective, I am only 5 levels away from trumpeter...at the beginning of the secret base.

Noi

Just to compare with Buddha who is at the exact same spot as I am with double the playtime.

8356460367_a00caf5052_b.jpg

8357523652_ae9957742d_b.jpg

Didn't screencap personas individually cause they have nothing special aside from their expected skills. (Well, and Matador being my Mudo AND Hama caster).

Just to compare with Buddha who is at the exact same spot as I am with double the playtime.

Didn't screencap personas individually cause they have nothing special aside from their expected skills. (Well, and Matador being my Mudo AND Hama caster).
Give your exact date in game

Sophia

Good god. Fuse some of those Personae. You're running around with a whole lot of unnecessary ones and I know without even seeing the specifics that you've got some serious overlapping going on.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Apparently, it's story mode is easy to play through even for non-fighting game fans.

You can literally press one button to win in all the P4A story battles. There shoud be no issues!

You can go through the story mode just mashing on one button, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hmmmmmmmmm....

I really really suck at fighting games though, and I don't have patience for them.

But if it's as doable as you say even for fighting game haters then hmmmm.....

Noi

Good god. Fuse some of those Personae. You're running around with a whole lot of unnecessary ones and I know without even seeing the specifics that you've got some serious overlapping going on.

Bahaha, I should explain. There's some junk persona there that I only have due to wanting the extra slink points between Void Quest and Secret Base, such as Jack Frost and Mithra. I haven't ditched Jack cause I'm only a level away from fusing Black Frost and I don't wanna waste money. I fucking had Ucobach and Slime in there before I took the cap but ditched them before they were too pathetic to keep in the shot, lol.

You'd be surprised about the overlap though! Outside of a dedicated Garu caster, the persona I actually use are pretty even. I'm waiting on Matador to learn his last skills before fusing him off.

Sophia

Hmmmmmmmmm....

I really really suck at fighting games though, and I don't have patience for them.

But if it's as doable as you say even for fighting game haters then hmmmm.....

They're right. Story mode is easier than the standard Arcade Mode in P4A, and Normal difficulty is as easy as they say. Heck, if that's too hard for you, there are like three settings below the default.

The only way you could possibly lose on the easiest setting is by deliberately letting the AI kill you.

Bahaha, I should explain. There's some junk persona there that I only have due to wanting the extra slink points between Void Quest and Secret Base, such as Jack Frost and Mithra. I haven't ditched Jack cause I'm only a level away from fusing Black Frost and I don't wanna waste money.

You'd be surprised about the overlap though! Outside of a dedicated Garu caster, the persona I actually use are pretty even. I'm waiting on Matador to learn his last skills before fusing him off.

I think you've got like at least three Persona in there who learn Rampage or something similar lol... XD

If you've been keeping your Social Links up tho, you should be able to fuse some pretty badass Persona at around level 37-40 tho.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They're right. Story mode is easier than the standard Arcade Mode in P4A, and Normal difficulty is as easy as they say. Heck, if that's too hard for you, there are like three settings below the default.

The only way you could possibly lose on the easiest setting is by deliberately letting the AI kill you.

Hahaha alright then, I'll give P4A a try. I hope the story they add provides a satisfying content/depth.

^Kill every single golden hand in my path, it's not as long as you think it would be.

Man, I think I was in
Magatsu
by that point. lol.

In the original I hardly grinded this hardcore...but the systems in place in Golden are so easy to exploit and break now....

Shinypogs

I still don't know wtf I'm doing when it comes to fusing personas :( I just make stuff whenever I start running out of space to store new ones. I'm sure there's an optimal time and method to making sure you get everything you want but I seem to be managing ok just winging it. I'm hoping normal mode is lenient enough that I can stumble my way through it and enjoy the story then replay and put more effort into really getting a feel for the deeper mechanics.

Sophia

I still don't know wtf I'm doing when it comes to fusing personas :( I just make stuff whenever I start running out of space to store new ones. I'm sure there's an optimal time and method to making sure you get everything you want but I seem to be managing ok just winging it. I'm hoping normal mode is lenient enough that I can stumble my way through it and enjoy the story then replay and put more effort into really getting a feel for the deeper mechanics.

You don't really need to go indepth with Fusions for the most part. Normal mode is very lenient and the fusion system is designed to let the average player wing it. Just pay attention to the weaknesses of the Persona you're fusing, and pick what you like to inherit over.

My general strategy is having a Persona that focuses on magic, having one that focuses on physical attacks, one that focuses on healing, and one that focuses on support. Ideally try to have whatever element that isn't covered by your active party too.

Noi

I think you've got like at least three Persona in there who learn Rampage or something similar lol... XD

If you've been keeping your Social Links up tho, you should be able to fuse some pretty badass Persona at around level 37-40 tho.

Pshaw, the only one there with Rampage is Matador. :V My other two physical persona are too good for that. Pretty much my best 4 right now:

8356537625_65e87c209c_b.jpg

8356537811_e8e0ef6381_b.jpg

8357601886_e4a0e93955_b.jpg

8357602084_fb2a6ff8f7_b.jpg

I only have Taotie (which I fused with no sl established, lol) cause I want Trumpeter later and don't want his individual persona to be a pain to find.

Pshaw, the only one there with Rampage is Matador. :V My other two physical persona are too good for that. Pretty much my best 4 right now:

8356537625_65e87c209c_b.jpg

8356537811_e8e0ef6381_b.jpg

8357601886_e4a0e93955_b.jpg

8357602084_fb2a6ff8f7_b.jpg

I only have Taotie (which I fused with no sl established, lol) cause I want Trumpeter later and don't want his individual persona to be a pain to find.

Tao Tie was one of the keys to busting this game wide open. fuse his Megido on a more capable Persona, use it to dent and kill all gold hands. Eventually, Megido will evolve into Megidola and then Megidolaon which just makes killin the hands that much easier. you will need an SP builder Persona though to constantly build up SP. my current one, but one I now wish to update is Kushinada with Spirit Drain, Invigorate 1/2/3, Auto Tarukaja to hit hands harder with, Auto Sukukaja, as hands have mad high evasion, null Fire for added protection and Matarukaja to boost everyone else if needed. generally you should kill hands by the third turn or else the will most likely attempt to flee or enervate.

Sophia

Parvati and Undine have some noticable overlap, made worse by the fact that Parvai has Divine Grace but Undine is your better healer. >>;

Also all four of those Persona don't seem to have any noticeable skills to earn, at a point where you're transitioning to Tier 3 spells.

Also what da buddha said.

Noi

Parvati and Undine have some noticable overlap, made worse by the fact that Parvai has Divine Grace but Undine is your better healer. >>;

Also all four of those Persona don't seem to have any noticeable skills to earn, at a point where you're transitioning to Tier 3 spells.

Jesus lady I just told you that I'm waiting to level up once to fuse Black Frost and co, cut me some slack. >:O They have no more skills to learn cuz Slink exp took 'em all.

I did say I was missing a wind persona! Why's Undine the better healer though?

Tao Tie was one of the keys to busting this game wide open. fuse his Megido on a more capable Persona, use it to dent and kill all gold hands. Eventually, Megido will evolve into Megidola and then Megidolaon which just makes killin the hands that much easier. you will need an SP builder Persona though to constantly build up SP. my current one, but one I now wish to update is Kushinada with Spirit Drain, Invigorate 1/2/3, Auto Tarukaja to hit hands harder with, Auto Sukukaja, as hands have mad high evasion, null Fire for added protection and Matarukaja to boost everyone else if needed. generally you should kill hands by the third turn or else the will most likely attempt to flee or enervate.

You god damn enabler. :(

Sophia

Jesus lady I just told you that I'm waiting to level up once to fuse Black Frost and co, cut me some slack. >:O They have no more skills to learn cuz Slink exp took 'em all.

I did say I was missing a wind persona! Why's Undine the better healer though?

I know, I just enjoy criticizing! >_>;

Undie's the better healer because of stats growth. Her Magic stat is higher than Parvati's. Note how they have the same MA despite being levels apart? It's a bit difficult to get Divine Grave to her tho :(

Good morning Dantis-kun.

Totally read that in Labrys's voice. XD

Before I ever got Megido, I had gotten a heavy all physical spell on Matador, which I transferred to Gdon, where it became Akasha Arts. I'm still using this spell on my strongest Phys Persona, Tam Fuckin' Lin: Pallate Swap of the Certifiable Irish Badass Cu Chulainn.

Oi, rise n shine, Dantis ol' buddeh ol' pal o'mine. Howz ya doins on dis fine sunneh mornin'

Dantis

His Wii U thread has grown quite nicely, eh Noi-san?

Ten pages!

I spent ages compiling a list of vocal tracks in games from 2012, and get like 100 replies. Bitch about the Wii U, and everyone replies.

Gonna head into town today or tomorrow and see how much the shops will give me for it. Apparently HMV gives you £250(!), but because they're going bankrupt, they've stopped giving cash. :/

His gone incognito; Wii U-GAF is hunting him =P. I know he's asleep but, that was a foolish thread to make lol XD

PFFFFFT.

I have to have a good complain about something when it bothers me. Gets it all off my chest.

Before I ever got Megido, I had gotten a heavy all physical spell on Matador, which I transferred to Gdon, where it became Akasha Arts. I'm still using this spell on my strongest Phys Persona, Tam Fuckin' Lin: Pallate Swap of the Certifiable Irish Badass Cu Chulainn.

Oi, rise n shine, Dantis ol' buddeh ol' pal o'mine. Howz ya doins on dis fine sunneh mornin'

I just realised that Arena 2 would mean no Labrys in P5.

I would be okay with this.

mxgt

Banned
The protagonist is a dumbass. I just got to the part where you receive
the second letter
. First off, he
opens it RIGHT IN FRONT OF DOJIMA, wtf?

Secondly, he could just
prove it right there and then by shoving his hand into the TV
. I mad.

The protagonist is a dumbass. I just got to the part where you receive
the second letter
. First off, he
opens it RIGHT IN FRONT OF DOJIMA, wtf?

Secondly, he could just
prove it right there and then by shoving his hand into the TV
. I mad.

Yes, one of the dumbest moments in the game.

Dantis: Or it could further shove her into the limelight where she becomes more popular and more likely to appear in P5

Top Bottom