• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Foshy

Yup. Both games have PSP remakes/ports but only IS has been localized. Eternal Punishment is available as PS1 classic in US PSN and nowhere for us EU peasants.

Alright, thanks.

I think I'm just getting P3P in this sale though. I don't think I can go back to sprite based battles :/

I have a theory that Kou is really the Devil and the true mastermind behind everything.

Only a heartless demon would give their friend blue cheese chips.

Is there some way to summon original version of a persona instead of registered one? I might have fucked up since the guide for empress S.Link suggests using a persona with a specific ability and I have registered that persona without that ability...

Seems that ability isn't even on any of my personas as learnable card skill. Was there some way to make a skill learnable by going to the cafe?

If you're really screwed, you can either fuse a new one which will have the starter abilities, or try to get it in Shuffle Time.

Makes sense. I just don't know what personas I need to fuse it cause I don't understand heads or tails of these fusion tables :lol. I guess I'll just go hunt it in Shuffle Time.

nvrmnd figured it out.

Cornbread78

Ok, Now I'm really confused....

I just finished my 2nd playthrough and got the "True Ending"... Great. I still have to play through another time. The problem is, my "Jester" S-Link, stayed at 8, and never switched to
"Hunger"
thus I never got the max Jester... I got it to level 7 before all the events started happening like the guides said too, but nothing, I throught you couldn't get the true ending without it maxed? I have to completely play through the story mode again to fight
Marg
correct? My Copendium is stuck at 99% now because I'm missign the Jester.... WTF happened?

Ok, Now I'm really confused....

I just finished my 2nd playthrough and got the "True Ending"... Great. I still have to play through another time. The problem is, my "Jester" S-Link, stayed at 8, and never switched to
"Hunger"
thus I never got the max Jester... I got it to level 7 before all the events started happening like the guides said too, but nothing, I throught you couldn't get the true ending without it maxed? I have to completely play through the story mode again to fight
Marg
correct? My Copendium is stuck at 99% now because I'm missign the Jester.... WTF happened?

Did you go meet Adachi alone when given the chance in the TV? That is when it changes to Hunger.

Ok so... Reaper. I've found him a couple times but I'm having trouble right now. The requirements are 20 chests in a dungeon without leaving and avoiding the special chests... Anything I'm missing? I'm on NG+ trying in the
Bathhouse
dungeon.

Cornbread78

Ok so... Reaper. I've found him a couple times but I'm having trouble right now. The requirements are 20 chests in a dungeon without leaving and avoiding the special chests... Anything I'm missing? I'm on NG+ trying in the
Bathhouse
dungeon.

I have no idea, I walked around a dungeon and did just that for an hour (30+ chests) and didn't find him, then I backed out to the entrence, went back in, opened a couple more and he appeared, this was in M. Inaba
Adachi's dungeon

I have no idea, I walked around a dungeon and did just that for an hour (30+ chests) and didn't find him, then I backed out to the entrence, went back in, opened a couple more and he appeared, this was in M. Inaba
Adachi's dungeon

He's way more common in Magatsu Mandala compared to the other dungeons, and I think that was intentional.

BTW, you don't have to stay in the same dungeon for all 21 chests. There's actually an exploit in which you continually open the 4 set chests on the first floor of Yukiko's dungeon until you have 16, then opening the 4 on the first floor of Magatsu Inaba to have a higher chance of finding The Reaper.

It's useful because you're going to have to fight him 8+ times to get all of the goodies you desire.

Adachi's dungeon
So it's basically random... Ok. I've read that m. Inaba is the best place to search for him but I'm not there yet haha
He's way more common in Magatsu Mandala compared to the other dungeons, and I think that was intentional.

BTW, you don't have to stay in the same dungeon for all 21 chests. There's actually an exploit in which you continually open the 4 set chests on the first floor of Yukiko's dungeon until you have 16, then opening the 4 on the first floor of Magatsu Inaba to have a higher chance of finding The Reaper.

It's useful because you're going to have to fight him 8+ times to get all of the goodies you desire.
Sweet. Ill try this. I found him twice in yukikos dungeon so I figured it was rigged with 20 chests but I guess not haha

Best place to do this is Yukiko's castle. It's been awhile, but I remember farming floor 1 until I had 20 chests, then I would teleport to floor 5. (make it easy and walk to F5 then goho-m out of there so you can always teleport back.) Floor 5 always has only 2 chests. open one, hear the reaper noise, then open the other. It is not a 100% chance but the spawn rarebit insanely high there. I got Everyone's ultimate weapon, and everyone was sporting a Godly Robe by the time I finished the game.

Best place to do this is Yukiko's castle. It's been awhile, but I remember farming floor 1 until I had 20 chests, then I would teleport to floor 5. (make it easy and walk to F5 then goho-m out of there so you can always teleport back.) Floor 5 always has only 2 cheats. open one, hear the reaper noise, then open the other. It is not a 100% chance but the spawn rarebit insanely high there. I got Everyone's ultimate weapon, and everyone was sporting a Godly Robe by the time I finished the game.
Awesome. I'm doing it now

I'm soon done with all the other trophies exept Risette Fan *sigh*. I hate these types of trophies, what were they thinking?

Now I need to decide if I hunt it on the first playthrough save as someone suggested, on the second (current) playthrough or the third playthrough. All the info about the trophy is all over the place too. Some say the lines carry over to the new game+, some say they don't, some say that you have to analyze, some say that you don't... *sigh*

It just feels such a burden already.

I'm soon done with all the other trophies exept Risette Fan *sigh*. I hate these types of trophies, what were they thinking?

Now I need to decide if I hunt it on the first playthrough save as someone suggested, on the second (current) playthrough or the third playthrough. All the info about the trophy is all over the place too. Some say the lines carry over to the new game+, some say they don't, some say that you have to analyze, some say that you don't... *sigh*

It just feels such a burden already.

Got this first playthrough without even trying, am I just lucky?

Jintor

Rotating characters is good policy. Oner day the final boss battle for a game will require you to use your entire party and then you'll all be sorry

I've never really found any benefit of using everyone. It's not like you need everyone leveled up, no situation where you don't have access to everyone. btw: what are some decent 20s personas worth getting? I've never thought much about fusing stuff until late game usually, but the new 'search' thing sure makes stuff easy lol. King frost is a must cuz king frost, what else is useful?

btw: how do you get the scooter attack you see in the trailers?

Rotating characters is good policy. Oner day the final boss battle for a game will require you to use your entire party and then you'll all be sorry
I liked switching because I could stay alive for longer. By the end is have 2 full parties and could go pretty far into the dungeons without leaving.

Best place to do this is Yukiko's castle. It's been awhile, but I remember farming floor 1 until I had 20 chests, then I would teleport to floor 5. (make it easy and walk to F5 then goho-m out of there so you can always teleport back.) Floor 5 always has only 2 chests. open one, hear the reaper noise, then open the other. It is not a 100% chance but the spawn rarebit insanely high there. I got Everyone's ultimate weapon, and everyone was sporting a Godly Robe by the time I finished the game.
Wow... Worked like a charm. Thanks

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Ys Seven did this.

Thankfully, I had enough money to buy the best weapons/armor for everyone, grinded a little bit then beat his ass.

Hmm, should I fuse Trumpeter now (no Judgement S.Link yet) or wait until I get the S.Link going?

I fused a Trumpeter before getting the S.Link started. He's never left my rotation. Sure, I used him to fuse other Personae, but I always bought him back from the Compendium. The dude uses a vuvuzela to bring destruction to my enemies. He has the highest Magic stat out of all my Personae at the moment.

My question: should I only carry one Persona with Mind Charge? I have a ton of Mind Charge users in my current roster and am thinking it's overkill since I can just Mind Charge once and then switch to another Persona. Maybe I'm too lazy by not wanting to switch dudes every turn.

Cornbread78

I fused a Trumpeter before getting the S.Link started. He's never left my rotation. Sure, I used him to fuse other Personae, but I always bought him back from the Compendium. The dude uses a vuvuzela to bring destruction to my enemies. He has the highest Magic stat out of all my Personae at the moment.

My question: should I only carry one Persona with Mind Charge? I have a ton of Mind Charge users in my current roster and am thinking it's overkill since I can just Mind Charge once and then switch to another Persona. Maybe I'm too lazy by not wanting to switch dudes every turn.

I just carried over Mind charge to all my Persona, it's just easier than continualy switching them in and out.

breakfuss

NOT that it matters, different strokes for different folks! K? ...But, is Kanji
supposed to bea closeted homosexual
? I can't tell if the game is trolling or not.

Cornbread78

NOT that it matters, different strokes for different folks! K? ...But, is Kanji
supposed to bea closeted homosexual
? I can't tell if the game is trolling or not.

lol, this os clarified later and he is vindicated. listen to all his monologues and you'll get it.

Just great, more problems. I'm trying to get the trophy for
Margaret boss. I am on NG+, maxed all S-links, killed the optional bosses from Castle, Bathhouse, Voidquest, Laboratory and Heaven and I'm on the last day of the game and nothing triggers when I go to the Velvet room or talk to Margaret...

Trigger

Just great, more problems. I'm trying to get the trophy for
Margaret boss. I am on NG+, maxed all S-links, killed the optional bosses from Castle, Bathhouse, Voidquest, Laboratory and Heaven and I'm on the last day of the game and nothing triggers when I go to the Velvet room or talk to Margaret...

There's a small trick.

You have to visit the Velvet Room twice in a row during the true ending before confronting the gas station attendant. If you got the orb or whatever to reveal Izanami and didn't revisit the room immediately you missed your chance. It won't trigger if you wait for the actual final dungeon to trigger.

Maybe that's it?

There's a small trick.

You have to visit the Velvet Room twice in a row during the true ending before confronting the gas station attendant. If you got the orb or whatever to reveal Izanami and didn't revisit the room immediately you missed your chance. It won't trigger if you wait for the actual final dungeon to trigger.

Maybe that's it?

*sigh*

Oh well at least I have an extra save in january. Seriously there is some fuckin cryptic design choises in the game. Someone deserves to be fired damnit.

Zemm

How far am I into the game? I've played 21 hrs and am at the end of June. There are points where I feel like the game is really good, then it slows down so much for 2-3 hours and it feels like a drag. I stopped playing it about 2 months ago but got back into it again last night. I really don't know what I think of the game so far.

How far am I into the game? I've played 21 hrs and am at the end of June. There are points where I feel like the game is really good, then it slows down so much for 2-3 hours and it feels like a drag. I stopped playing it about 2 months ago but got back into it again last night. I really don't know what I think of the game so far.

Not even at halfway point yet.

Almost half.

V_Ben

Banned
Guys... I finished Persona 3 a couple of weeks ago, and now i'm 8 hours in to Persona 4. I think I have a new favourite RPG series. Don't hate me, but i'm playing on easy. P3 got a little frustrating for me on Normal, so I thought i'd knock it down slightly and just enjoy the story :) Loving it so far though! Umm... any advice for things to do as soon as possible? Because i'm just going through the motions, getting my S-Links up :)

Top Bottom