• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Got past it now. I fused a persona with magic reflect ability and used some items too (few with the same effect). I might have been a lil underleveled since Naoto was something like 10 levels over my party when he joined.

When I compare my S.Link ranks to the Persona compendium it seems I am still missing 1 S.Link entirely (justice). Where can dat be found?

That's Nanako.

Yeah, good luck with that.

Trigger

When I compare my S.Link ranks to the Persona compendium it seems I am still missing 1 S.Link entirely (justice). Where can dat be found?

p4-nanako-dojima1.jpg

Isn't she an auto-link? It's hard to miss her.

Well I guess I "completed" the game.
I didn't push Namatame into TV and Nanako survived. Insane timeskip to an sudden ending. Guess I'll try pushing him in next.

Trigger

Well I guess I "completed" the game.
I didn't push Namatame into TV and Nanako survived. Insane timeskip to an sudden ending. Guess I'll try pushing him in next.

You made the wrong dialogue choice. lol, I'll post the correct sequence to continue the game as normal:

"Wait a second here..." -> "We're missing something." -> "Namatame's
true feelings." -> "Something's bothering me." -> "We're missing
something..." -> "Calm the hell down!"

If you give those answers
there won't be a timeskip.

Just gotta say that I love the opening for this game. Feels like a TV show opening :lol. It's one of those openings that I need to see every time I fire up the game.

Foshy

You made the wrong dialogue choice. lol, I'll post the correct sequence to continue the game as normal:

"Wait a second here..." -> "We're missing something." -> "Namatame's
true feelings." -> "Something's bothering me." -> "We're missing
something..." -> "Calm the hell down!"

If you give those answers
there won't be a timeskip.

He said he
didn't push him in
, though. Maybe he
didn't realize Adachi was the killer
? Not sure, I only went for the true ending.

So now that I have avoided the
timeskip
I guess there is still some part that will either give the true end or normal end? At what point should I save again or will it warn me the same way it did the first time?

Just gotta say that I love the opening for this game. Feels like a TV show opening :lol. It's one of those openings that I need to see every time I fire up the game.

Yeah, It gives me such a good feeling. This game is so perfect.

On the other hand I just beat
Mitsuo
thanks to the usefull tips from Jintor. Black Frost FTW!

Trigger

So now that I have avoided the
timeskip
I guess there is still some part that will either give the true end or normal end? At what point should I save again or will it warn me the same way it did the first time?

You won't get a prompt.

Just visit Junes after saying goodbye to everyone on the very last day of the game in March.

Trigger

You can't buy items to refill MP. You have to either find items in chests or just come back another day.

EDIT- Oh, yeah the soda! lol

Also: It's worth noting that the first two dungeons are easily the hardest ones. It gets waaaay easier.

gah fusion without going back and forth rolling the dice for skills... it's like cheating :O

Whats with these kinda unnecessary and not that strong combo attacks? lol all they do is finish off mobs that aren't killed by all out attack. Do they rebalance baddies to be more difficult later? It seems kinda unfair that the protags get so much buffs in this remake if the baddies don't get anything :p

Hearing all the 2nd tier guys are rebalanced to be great now?

Fox healing still cost too much though :mad:

potatos.

gah fusion without going back and forth rolling the dice for skills... it's like cheating :O

Whats with these kinda unnecessary and not that strong combo attacks? lol all they do is finish off mobs that aren't killed by all out attack. Do they rebalance baddies to be more difficult later? It seems kinda unfair that the protags get so much buffs in this remake if the baddies don't get anything :p

Hearing all the 2nd tier guys are rebalanced to be great now?

Fox healing still cost too much though :mad:

potatos.

How far on the game are you? If you're underleveled for the dungeon or are playing on a higher difficulty level, those combo attacks can be really helpful. But once you start fusing strong personas and start getting overleveled, then yeah, all the combo and all out attacks and especially Rise's buff's when you level up her S.Link, you start to feel OP. Some enemies have a lot of resistances or no weaknesses later, but never get buffed up like the Investigation Team.

What is the best noob tips? Like which persona is good to create and what social links are most important

Personas with skills like Invigorate or Regenerate will allow you to refill SP or HP on every turn, and will allow you to stay in the dungeon longer without having to use items (SP items are not widely available early game, buy TaP Soda from the vending machine in front of Shiroku store, grow vegetables later). With the Invigorate skill, just fight weak enemies in Yukiko's castle to refill SP, really low risk but can be time consuming.

Black Frost is a really strong persona to have once you can fuse him, and he'll last you for quite some time. I like to build a Persona with quad elemental spells for exploiting weaknesses quickly, and another Persona with healing or buff skills. It's easier in P4G to make strong Persona because you can choose the skills to be inherited, and also use skill cards. Be mindful of the resistances and weaknesses each Persona has. And remember, it's ok to fuse away Persona. You can always resummon them through the Compendium as long as you have enough cash, and they usually need to be replaced by higher stat ones anyways. Save before fusing in case a fusing accident occurs.

As far as S.Links go, just level up whichever one you find interesting. When you level up your party member's S.Links, they also gain new spells and abilities (will pick up someone who is in 'Down' status, take mortal blow, etc). For support, Lovers and Hermit S.Links are very useful. Some S.Link have pre-requirements, such as having Courage or Expression at a high enough level, or will be found through progression through other S.Links.

What is the best noob tips? Like which persona is good to create and what social links are most important

Honestly if you are at the very beginning you could start at an easier difficulty and just fast foreward to the point where you are now to save you some frustration if you feel like it.

I am pretty close to the end I think and I have had probably really bad personas equipped :lol. You don't really have to worry about the personas since you can get the ones you have already gotten again from the velvet room. I usually only change my persona only when I get stuck on some boss ect.

My main concern is being able to fight to my full potential. The first boss is killing me but maybe I need to grind abit and level. I think I am around level 9 or 10 trying to beat the Shadow Yukiko and her charming prince

Lemstar

Yeah, go grind a bit. The first dungeon boss is a lot easier if you're around the teens. Having a persona that knows Media would also be nice, but not essential.

My main concern is being able to fight to my full potential. The first boss is killing me but maybe I need to grind abit and level. I think I am around level 9 or 10 trying to beat the Shadow Yukiko and her charming prince

Yeah, the way this game is set up makes it so that the first dungeon/boss is the most difficult - grinding out a few levels definitely helps since having a higher HP amount helps against those AoE attacks.

Alright I'll give it a shot. Other then that I am enjoying the game that battle music that plays has made me want to find the tabs and play it on guitar

Alright I'll give it a shot. Other then that I am enjoying the game that battle music that plays has made me want to find the tabs and play it on guitar

Use Bufu on Yukiko and Zio on the Prince. Cast Red Wall on Chie if you have it to cover her fire weakness. Have everyone block when Shadow Yukiko does her charge up for Burn to Ashes. As posted earlier, grinding to the teens will help, as well as a Persona strong against fire.

cj_iwakura

Yeah, the way this game is set up makes it so that the first dungeon/boss is the most difficult - grinding out a few levels definitely helps since having a higher HP amount helps against those AoE attacks.

I think the biggest spike is
the bathhouse
dungeon, and after that, the game's pretty much a cakewalk.

This is OT but since this is my Persona home thread now can someone tell me what are the main differences between P3FES and P3P?

I know P3P has a female protagonist option but that really doesn't add much for me since I never played the game really. P3FES has additional content that is not present in P3P. And apparently they have streamlined all the stuff in P3P for portable play and removed the traditional P4G style ''exploration'' control.

Gah, I want to play this on my Vita but I already own P3FES. But now P3P is on sale arrrgh.

Then again Takao has been murmuring something about P3 having some anime stuff or something coming later on. Maybe I should just pray for (unlikely) definitive Vita version, Persona 3 Golden if you will, to be announced later this year and just play the P3FES I own after my hopes are crushed :(.

These 1st world problems are going to be the death of me. Why must this game have such radically different versions ;-;

cj_iwakura

This is OT but since this is my Persona home thread now can someone tell me what are the main differences between P3FES and P3P?

I know P3P has a female protagonist option but that really doesn't add much for me since I never played the game really. P3FES has additional content that is not present in P3P. And apparently they have streamlined all the stuff in P3P for portable play and removed the traditional P4G style ''exploration'' control.

Gah, I want to play this on my Vita but I already own P3FES. But now P3P is on sale arrrgh.

Then again Takao has been murmuring something about P3 having some anime stuff or something coming later on. Maybe I should just pray for (unlikely) definitive Vita version, Persona 3 Golden if you will, to be announced later this year and just play the P3FES I own after my hopes are crushed :(.

These 1st world problems are going to be the death of me. Why must this game have such radically different versions ;-;

P3P removed the cutscenes in favor of still portraits and visual novel-style sequences.
It's as awkward as it sounds. That alone makes FES the definitive version.

P3P removed the cutscenes in favor of still portraits and visual novel-style sequences.

Oh well. Might as well take your word for it and save 15€ and buy something else from the sale with it. It is just a shame I like playing on my Vita too much :lol.

Heh, I made a post in Gaf about a year ago asking what RPG I should tackle.

After finishing with KH3D I have decided to finally tackle my PS2 backlog and finish one of the RPGs this summer. I shall heed your advice!
ouyFW.jpg

''Unfortunately'' GAF ordered me to play Dark Chronicle so P3FES continued to exist in my backlog. Might as well fire this beast up then soon enough. God damn my backlog is killing me, after P4G I need to start 999 right away to be prepared for Virtues Last Reward that comes for free in PS+ and Bioshock just released and fuuuuuuuuuuu

Yup. And not showing a very important character in her full glory on dates is the greatest sin of all. A static portrait image and text telling us all of the badass whacky things she's doing makes me feel blue.

Holy smokes the miniboss at
Adachis dungeon
is destroying me. He uses the non elemental magic that does something like 300-400 damage all the time and just wipes the party out :d. He doesn't even have any weakness.

Holy smokes the miniboss at
Adachis dungeon
is destroying me. He uses the non elemental magic that does something like 300-400 damage all the time and just wipes the party out :d. He doesn't even have any weakness.

If you have them, party-wide defense up and enemy attack down are your ticket.

Top Bottom