• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Uncle AJ

Red Scarlet said:
There is a third way, by replying no

Any fate is better than Yoskue/Kanji/Teddie awkward sausagefest extravaganza.

But I do love her response if you choose to buy a Risette doll for Nanako.

"Those... aren't really for kids..."

Oh yeah. They went there.

Ok maybe I don't hate Rise, but I got so sick of the "senpaaiiii" cuteness that I could barf, and I got very upset with her when she failed to locate the killer with her persona. I'm like, "Look, you have one job to do. If you aren't going to fight, GTFOff my team."

I would play a Persona 4: FES with Rise as a front-line fighter, though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Curufinwe said:
Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic with added voices, and music from the game. The usual SPOILER warning applies if you haven't beaten P4 yet.

[Persona 4] Hiimdaisy Comic Dub (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StrawberryCreme26#p/a/u/0/7mUTQKMRLYQ

I wonder if it's supposed to be a joke that they got a guy to play Yukiko. Very subtle anyway. :lol

That was great though. As Rise might say, "That was so hot, it's on FIRE!"

I'm most likely not alone in expressing this sentiment but I have the damn Reaching Out To The Truth battle theme stuck in my head now. I'm even hearing it when I eat. When I EAT.

Red Scarlet

I've had the Your Affection song play as my Tank music in L4D1 and 2 for about a year and a half now. That song will never go away!

daemonic

Banned
I've managed to brainwash both my roommates with that song, neither of whom have any remote interest in videogames. Even heard one of them humming it in the shower the other day :lol

Red Scarlet said:
I've had the Your Affection song play as my Tank music in L4D1 and 2 for about a year and a half now. That song will never go away!

I managed to get rid of P4's music by re-watching FLCL....unfortunately 'I Think I Can' is what's stuck in my head now.

Curufinwe

Red Scarlet said:

That song got stuck in my head so badly I had to learn the lyrics.

Zomba13

I've recently started playing through this after having it since pretty much the PAL release and getting stuck on the first big boss. I'm near the end now and I think this has become one of my favourite JRPGs behind Suikoden 2. I just love the characters and the story and social links and all the little things that make me laugh. It's such a great game. <3 Teddie so much.

luka said:
This game is awesome.

How do I stop playing?

You don't. Eventually you'll be hanging out with people in real life and when you do something awesome and they approve, you'll imagine yourself leveling your Social Link up. :lol

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Unknown Soldier said:
You don't. Eventually you'll be hanging out with people in real life and when you do something awesome and they approve, you'll imagine yourself leveling your Social Link up. :lol

I still have p3f and smt nocturne to get through after this. I think it's safe to say I won't be hanging out with anyone for a while. :(

OMG Aero

Curufinwe said:
Hiimdaisy's Persona 4 comic with added voices, and music from the game. The usual SPOILER warning applies if you haven't beaten P4 yet.

[Persona 4] Hiimdaisy Comic Dub (Part 1)
http://www.youtube.com/user/StrawberryCreme26#p/a/u/0/7mUTQKMRLYQ
I can't get over how much the person doing the voice for Chie sounds like the real voice actor.

On a slightly unrelated note, I completed Persona 4 the other day and liked it so much that I decided to get Persona 3 and play through that. Does anyone know if it is ever explained why the characters shoot themselves in the head or am I just supposed to accept that it is Japan being crazy?

Diebuster

OMG Aero said:
I can't get over how much the person doing the voice for Chie sounds like the real voice actor.

On a slightly unrelated note, I completed Persona 4 the other day and liked it so much that I decided to get Persona 3 and play through that. Does anyone know if it is ever explained why the characters shoot themselves in the head or am I just supposed to think that it is Japan being crazy?

iirc it's to induce the stress necessary to summon their personas.

Red Scarlet

They shoot themselves with the Evoker to bring out their Personas. I think the game says that and why (willing to shoot self in head or something) at some point in the game.

lunlunqq

i also recently scored myself a copy of Persona 3, the original version with the artbook and OST, for a little over $10. it's a step back at almost every aspect from Persona 4, but still a very very nice game. i've spent more than 110 hours on it and am just about to finish it. i plan to play it again right away. do you guys think i should get FES instead? i heard there are quite some differences between the two.

Get the FES version. It looks like you're under the impression that it's just a tweaked version with a few changes, but the FES content is actually a whole new chapter after the main game ends. From what I hear, it's pretty long too.

I haven't played Persona 3 yet (I'm waiting until I can get my hands on FES), but from everything I've been told, the FES content is quite substancial.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, FES actually introduces a lot of small changes to the main game including some new story bits, so if you're going to replay it you might as well do that. I know you can import a P3 save to FES, but I have no idea if a NG+ save will carry over. At the very least you don't need to upgrade your skills anyway.

Haven't tried The Answer, but a lot of people don't seem to like it because of its story consequences and because it's essentially a huge dungeon without any story.

Mo the Hawk said:
Any fate is better than Yoskue/Kanji/Teddie awkward sausagefest extravaganza.

Ok maybe I don't hate Rise, but I got so sick of the "senpaaiiii" cuteness that I could barf, and I got very upset with her when she failed to locate the killer with her persona. I'm like, "Look, you have one job to do. If you aren't going to fight, GTFOff my team."

I would play a Persona 4: FES with Rise as a front-line fighter, though.
Damn, I missed that one. Went with the Jack Frost doll. :(

Oh well.

Yaweee

lunlunqq said:
i also recently scored myself a copy of Persona 3, the original version with the artbook and OST, for a little over $10. it's a step back at almost every aspect from Persona 4, but still a very very nice game. i've spent more than 110 hours on it and am just about to finish it. i plan to play it again right away. do you guys think i should get FES instead? i heard there are quite some differences between the two.

FES was a huge improvement over the original, IMO (much better ending, more cutscenes, and I actually liked The Answer), while P3P adds most of P4's gameplay improvements, while speeding up story sections, map movement, and load times, but it doesn't have The Answer.

Red Scarlet said:
They shoot themselves with the Evoker to bring out their Personas. I think the game says that and why (willing to shoot self in head or something) at some point in the game.

Also: "It's more Fantastical."

:lol

I didn't get that one.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
So I went back and finished this bad motherfucker. It turns out just a little grinding and some luck did the trick. Thank God for Sraosha!

The ending to this game is so saccharine it's giving me diabetes, however. :/

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
So I went back and finished this bad motherfucker. It turns out just a little grinding and some luck did the trick. Thank God for Sraosha!

The ending to this game is so saccharine it's giving me diabetes, however. :(
I always imagine that his train explodes soon after the cutscene ends.

Dresden

Regulus Tera said:
So can I get the True Ending without doing a second playthrough?

Masterful!
So long as you have a save on the last day and can talk to everyone/do everything you need to do, you should be able to.

66% of the Persona's...

Question: What should I do? Skip to the Christmas Event or just use the days before that for grinding and stuff? I'm going for the true ending of course.

Only thing that hold me back is money to fuse Persona's. I want 100% compendium.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Holy shit. That was an epic final boss fight! Started at 5 AM and ended at 6. Thank God my finals were over last week.

Final stats:

Regulus 85
Yosuke 79
Chie 79, Maxed
Yukiko 85, Maxed
Kanji 79
Teddie 79, Maxed
Rise 85, Maxed
Naoto 58, Maxed

Personas in hand:
Sraosha, 83
Beelzebub, 86
Suparna, 82
Kohryu, 81
Arahabaki, 78
Saturnus, 81
Trumpeter, 72

Compendium at 83%.

So yeah, that was a pretty cool game. Kinda sad it's over. At the same time, I'm not eager to do a second playthrough. Not this year, at least.

Best JRPG on the PS2, by far.

kamikazekoala said:
66% of the Persona's...

Question: What should I do? Skip to the Christmas Event or just use the days before that for grinding and stuff? I'm going for the true ending of course.

Only thing that hold me back is money to fuse Persona's. I want 100% compendium.

Are you on your first playthrough? If so, forget about getting 100% in your compendium. Your compendium carries over to your next game, so do it then.

Worrying about a 100% compendium on your first playthrough will spoil your enjoyment of the game, as you'll be incredibly hard-pressed to do it (that's if it's even possible at all).

Besides, there are incentives for a repeat playthrough anyway, including an extra boss. I've yet to start a second playthrough myself, but I will do when the next games drought hits (though that won't be for a while yet).

-DarKaoZ-

Banned
grandjedi6 said:

1jomzq.gif

FUCKING AWESOME! :lol

Top Bottom