• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
OMG Aero said:
Thanks for the advice, I think I'll max Kanji and then just work on the other social links I have left and not bother starting the other two, I've been at rank 4 of understanding for what must have been a month of making paper cranes every night.
One last thing, I noticed that a lot of the multiple fusions I can make (Not triangle fusions, the ones after that) are Personas that are, like, level 80 and I'm only level 57. Am I under levelled massively or are these meant for the new game plus or something?

Nah, most of the multiple ones are meant for endgame, they're generally ones you get for maxing social links. There's a few for earlier(Black Frost, Neko Shogun, Tam Lin), but most are for the final times.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yaweee said:
You never need to lose more than ten to fifteen minutes of progress when you die. Whenever you use a Goho M or Traesto to leave the dungeon, you can resume at that exact floor when you return. On top of that, running through an entire dungeon while avoiding enemies only takes 5~10 minutes.

It's just a pain to go back and save because of the loading screens (you have to load four times). It's especially annoying if you're hitting one of the mid bosses and there's no save point on the floor. Maybe it was laziness but I almost never saved for that reason. The only time I would say is if I was grinding the top floor of each dungeon.

Speaking of which, Persona 5 really needs to have all your characters level up at the same time. As it stands, you almost have no incentive to use anyone past the first three party members.

Red Scarlet

Sure you do, they use different skills and elements and stuff, so you can mix and match what you want (lots of physical? go with Chie and Kanji. Need healers? Ted and Yukiko).

What's more annoying? Some loading screens or possibly a lost hour+?

And Rise > everyone

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Red Scarlet said:
Sure you do, they use different skills and elements and stuff, so you can mix and match what you want (lots of physical? go with Chie and Kanji. Need healers? Ted and Yukiko).

What's more annoying? Some loading screens or possibly a lost hour+?

And Rise > everyone

Well, you can just get rid of the danger of losing progress by playing on easy. :lol
Although, I feel like they should have let you buy the homunculi. Make them really expensive or something, but let you just buy one as a back up.

I feel like they basically give you everyone you could need up front for the "balanced" team. Yeah, there are some times when you might be better served by switching up to Chie and Kanji for physical or Chie and Teddie for ice attacks if you know what you'll be facing ahead... but you basically start off with a Zio dude and the team gets Guru, Bufu/Physical and Agi/Heal - basically giving you full coverage.
The only one who really stands out is Naoto because of her light/dark spells, but since they're useless against bosses, it seems rather pointless.
That said, I grinded everyone up to 90 anyway because I'm OCD like that, but it seems rather unnecessarily if you aren't going to use certain characters.

(And Rise > everyone!)

Yaweee

Regulus Tera said:
Just wanted to say, FUCK the last boss of the Magatsu Inaba dungeon. Just fuck him.

I'm rage quitting this game. BULLSHIT.

You got Double Quaked near the end, I take it?

Equip the accessory which halves damage. You can get it from gold chests in the dungeon.

firehawk12 said:
It's just a pain to go back and save because of the loading screens (you have to load four times). It's especially annoying if you're hitting one of the mid bosses and there's no save point on the floor. Maybe it was laziness but I almost never saved for that reason. The only time I would say is if I was grinding the top floor of each dungeon.

Speaking of which, Persona 5 really needs to have all your characters level up at the same time. As it stands, you almost have no incentive to use anyone past the first three party members.

I agree, the loading times and placement of the load screens fucking sucked. I hope Atlus keeps them in mind when choosing a system for P5 and designing the save system.

As for characters leveling up, I think characters always joined my party at a higher level than I was...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would grind and do the second run of dungeons before doing anything else, so I would inevitably have my main party leveled higher than the dudes I picked up. I figure they want you to do one run with your main team and then another run with your "b-team" to keep them leveled together, but I never did that so I would just grind with the b-team. :lol

Red Scarlet

Regulus Tera said:
Just wanted to say, FUCK the last boss of the Magatsu Inaba dungeon. Just fuck him.

? what happen? What are your Personas and their abilities?

BTW that is a rule in this thread, you have to post your Personas and abilities or I may get angry!

Uncle AJ

OMG Aero said:
One last thing, I noticed that a lot of the multiple fusions I can make (Not triangle fusions, the ones after that) are Personas that are, like, level 80 and I'm only level 57. Am I under levelled massively or are these meant for the new game plus or something?

Dude you're at Magatsu Inaba and level 57? That's hardcore! :lol Fight some shadows, or you'll never survive the mid-boss that spams Megidolaon every turn.

Dresden

You don't really need the "ultimate" Personas to beat the game, they're there for perfectionists more than anything else. A Trumpeter and maybe a Ishtar is pretty much all you need, getting up to, say, Yoshitsune is overkill. Hassou Tobi!

(Rise>everyone)

OMG Aero

Oh man, I just triggered the true ending and there's ANOTHER dungeon?

Also it's a fact that Chie is the best romance choice in the game. This cannot be disputed.

Red Scarlet

p4037.png

p4038.png

Isn't Trumpeter level 68 or so? That poster is a ways off. Of course that can be remedied in like a half hour if he or she does just a few things.

Dresden

OMG Aero said:
Oh man, I just triggered the true ending and there's ANOTHER dungeon?

Also it's a fact that Chie is the best romance choice in the game. This cannot be disputed.
What is this nonsense. You didn't romance Chie in the game, she was just a bro who you might have Christmas sex with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Where's the love for that short music club girl?! :lol

kamikazekoala said:
Gonna tackle the bad ending first.

And Temperance link is maxed. So only Teddie's and Fool's are still at level 9...

Those were automatic, weren't they?

firehawk12 said:
The only one who really stands out is Naoto because of her light/dark spells

She's really best for eliminating enemies on later dungeon floors.

Combine her with the Half SP accessory and Rise's SP recovery skill and she pretty much kills any non boss enemy in one or two turns without losing much SP.

Regulus Tera said:

Get the secret accessory from the
Nanako/Namatame
dungeon optional boss, give it to your healer.

Dresden said:
You don't really need the "ultimate" Personas to beat the game, they're there for perfectionists more than anything else. A Trumpeter and maybe a Ishtar is pretty much all you need, getting up to, say, Yoshitsune is overkill. Hassou Tobi!

(Rise>everyone)

Hell, a Black Frost with Mind Charge and a persona with Matarukaja work pretty well too.

Red Scarlet said:

There's no difference to her.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Fimbulvetr said:
She's really best for eliminating enemies on later dungeon floors.

Combine her with the Half SP accessory and Rise's SP recovery skill and she pretty much kills any non boss enemy in one or two turns without losing much SP.

Oh yeah, but you can get the same stuff on your own personas... especially if you get Alice. It just seems a pain to level her up to the point to get her useful.

firehawk12 said:
Where's the love for that short music club girl?! :lol

Those were automatic, weren't they?
Yeah, but they aren't maxed when going to the bad ending.

Seen it and yeah, it is a bad ending indeed. Now going to play for the real ending. :D

Dresden

kamikazekoala said:
Yeah, but they aren't maxed when going to the bad ending.

Seen it and yeah, it is a bad ending indeed. Now going to play for the real ending. :D
The bad ending is the best ending.

Dresden

Fimbulvetr said:
I was referring to the ending between Normal and Bad.
I thought there were three?

One after killing Nametame (bad), one after finding... that... 'bitches and whores' guy (can't remember his name) (normal), and the true ending.

Dresden said:
I thought there were three?

One after killing Nametame (bad), one after finding... that... 'bitches and whores' guy (can't remember his name) (normal), and the true ending.

The average ending where Namatame isn't killed but Adachi is never caught(if you don't guess it's him), and Nanako lives but probably won't recover.

OMG Aero

Does the bad ending spoil the true ending at all?
I already got the standard ending where
you just go home and everyone says goodbye
and I'm heading towards the true final boss now. Should I finish the game first before watching the bad ending?

Yaweee

OMG Aero said:
Does the bad ending spoil the true ending at all?
I already got the standard ending where
you just go home and everyone says goodbye
and I'm heading towards the true final boss now. Should I finish the game first before watching the bad ending?

No, none of the worse endings spoil anything about the better ones.

OMG Aero

Are there really two different bad endings?
I just went through and got the ending where
you put Nametame in the TV
and the ending where
Nanako lives and you leave Nametame alone but don't guess that the culprit is Adachi
and they were the exact same apart from one line about
Nanako being in the hospital still
. Did I go about it the wrong way or is there only really one bad ending with a different line depending on how you got it?

OMG Aero said:
Are there really two different bad endings?
I just went through and got the ending where
you put Nametame in the TV
and the ending where
Nanako lives and you leave Nametame alone but don't guess that the culprit is Adachi
and they were the exact same apart from one line about
Nanako being in the hospital still
. Did I go about it the wrong way or is there only really one bad ending with a different line depending on how you got it?

It's two bad endings.

The end result for both being that you go home without solving the case. They only really differ in that the more bad ending has both Nanako and Nametame dead while the less bad ending has them both surviving but Nanako won't recover(not anytime soon at least).

Uncle AJ

You can get the average/"lesser" of the two bad endings in two different ways:

Don't throw Namatame in, but fail to convince Yosuke why throwing him in is a bad idea. (a.k.a, you picked the wrong dialog options)
Don't throw Namatame in, and succeed in convincing Yosuke to back off, but then fail to identify the true killer.

Dresden

You guys are underestimating Yosuke, he's never afraid to pretty much lead the group while the protagonist occasionally nods to agree or disagree. I think he'll do perfectly fine being on top, or in the back.

pirata

Dresden said:
You guys are underestimating Yosuke, he's never afraid to pretty much lead the group while the protagonist occasionally nods to agree or disagree. I think he'll do perfectly fine being on top, or in the back.

The silent, introvertive types are said to be more aggressive under the covers. And I think Yosuke would be down with being the buns in Souji's hero sandwich.

Top Bottom