• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 |OT|

Aeana

Duck Amuck said:
I also highly recommend this:

832298b.jpg

For any Megaten player, Double Jump guides are always a life saver. Time is put heavily into trying create the best guide possible rather than fill it up with a bunch of pretty pictures -- although those are there too. Even if you rarely use guides for help like me, Double Jump's SMT guides are invaluable if only for their Fusion Charts and Guides.

I just got this in the mail today and flipped through it. As usual, it's packed full of information. The page design is also the best I've seen in a Double Jump guide. There's also an interview with the developers at the back.

Yama

Can't believe it's that time already. I have the Social Link Expansion pack coming along with the game. Can't wait!

User2k said:
Widescreen?
Atlus.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if their next-gen titles were stretched 4:3. :p

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Support +1 for this game and thread, one of the very best I played this year!

User2k

Yama said:
Can't believe it's that time already. I have the Social Link Expansion pack coming along with the game. Can't wait!

Atlus.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if their next-gen titles were stretched 4:3. :p

:(

NichM

Banned
Duck Amuck said:
Is it...uhh...allowed to post the interview?

I dunno, I wouldn't. It's kind of unique content to the guide and one of the major reasons to buy it instead of going to GameFAQs.

Also Himuro, I just noticed your OP says "if you preorder at GameStop" you get the artbook. But you can preorder at any specialty retailer--GameStop, Game Crazy, Amazon, and anyone else willing to participate--and get it as well. It's not a GS/EB exclusive thing.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Man, I'm gonna have to import this one. In general, I'm kinda fed up with J-RPG:s and I don't like dungeon crawlers at all. But Persona 3 is, strangely enough, the second best game I played this year. I liked it a lot.

Tamanon

Banned
truly101 said:
Can't wait for next Wednesday but....whats the deal with the trendy indie Sarah Palin glasses?

They're used to see through the fog. And they were there way before Palin hit the scene:p

Guled

YES!!!

I order it off amazon.ca and saw they had the Social Link Expansion Pack. Got both the game and the Expansion shipped for less then the cost of a regular game :D

Also Himuro, whats with the name change?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Whats the deal with the social link expansion pack. I haven't kept up with the main thread so this is new to me.

Narcosis

Oh shit, I pre ordered this game so far back I forgot about the release date and was actually surprised to see the Official Thread here already :lol

Amazon estimates my copy arriving between the 22nd and 29th. For $5 off MSRP and free shipping, I suppose that isn't so bad. I'll just have to keep myself occupied for an extra couple of weeks.

Definitely anticipating this title a whole lot.

Tamanon

Banned
velvet_nitemare said:
It's the new hotness.

Evoker substitutes, i believe

Nah

The new "evoker" is a tarot card that each character destroys to summon their persona. Each has a unique way of doing it.

Guled

Tamanon said:
Nah

The new "evoker" is a tarot card that each character destroys to summon their persona. Each has a unique way of doing it.
no more shooting them self in the head :(

Narcosis

Guled said:
no more shooting them self in the head :(

Yeah, they can't overdo that or it loses the effect.

Perhaps a good old fashioned Japanese harakiri would have been good this time instead of a boring tarot card :lol

All over my everything, etc.

Seriously, though, I can't wait! :D

I really, really want the art book...I better get it the first day and not have to go through what I did for the Eternal Poison and Luminous Arc 2 ones--PLEASE! D:

Narcosis said:
Yeah, they can't overdo that or it loses the effect.

Perhaps a good old fashioned Japanese harakiri would have been good this time instead of a boring tarot card :lol
Oh shit, Atlus better be listening for P5 on an HD console...they can't make another one for PS2 right?

velvet_nitemare said:
Oh shit, Atlus better be listening for P5 on an HD console...they can't make another one for PS2 right?

I can't see them abandoning the current formula they got going for the Persona titles, but a fresh SMT could start off on an HD platform, methinks.

Darkman M

Aeana said:
I just got this in the mail today and flipped through it. As usual, it's packed full of information. The page design is also the best I've seen in a Double Jump guide. There's also an interview with the developers at the back.

Good to hear, i preordered it from amazon months ago, should be here on the 3rd.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I love my Doublejump P3 guidebook. I always buy them. Hell, I've still got my old Persona 1 and 2 guidebooks. and the P1 book is basically just page after page of the graph-paper maps.:lol

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I appreciate my review being called excellent. :lol

But really, great game. MUST BUY.

Shouta

Forkball said:
Is it really harder? RPG fan said it's easier compared to other SMT games.

P4 Expert >= P3 Expert = SMT3 Hard

On the whole, P4 Expert is about fairly brutal IMO. It's not definitively harder than P3 or SMT3 since the game builds in elements to alleviate it a bit but crikey, there are some insanely nasty boss battles on Expert.

truly101 said:
Whats the deal with the social link expansion pack. I haven't kept up with the main thread so this is new to me.

it's just some extras: a soundtrack cd, an art book and something else... can't remember right now

Volcynika

Shouta said:
P4 Expert >= P3 Expert = SMT3 Hard

On the whole, P4 Expert is about fairly brutal IMO. It's not definitively harder than P3 or SMT3 since the game builds in elements to alleviate it a bit but crikey, there are some insanely nasty boss battles on Expert.

So......shouldn't do expert for my first run? :p

NichM

Banned
wangman31888 said:
it's just some extras: a soundtrack cd, an art book and something else... can't remember right now

Nope. It's the second disc of the soundtrack, a Teddie plush, a P4 2009 wall calendar, and a T-shirt (size XL only, sorry) featuring Yukiko's Persona. The artbook is only a preorder item.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
NichM said:
Nope. It's the second disc of the soundtrack, a Teddie plush, a P4 2009 wall calendar, and a T-shirt (size XL only, sorry) featuring Yukiko's Persona. The artbook is only a preorder item.

Please think of the skinny gamers :(

I would say I'm going to make time to play this. Nah that's incorrect, life will make time for everything else when I play this game. Going to eat, sleep, breathe, dream Persona 4.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Kagari said:
Please think of the skinny gamers :(

There's always the washing machine?

Can't wait for this bitch, Gotta wait 3 days until finals are over to crack into it....argh.

edit: Holy crap @ the music. Just got a small sample on youtube.....holy crap. :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Metroidvania said:
There's always the washing machine?

Can't wait for this bitch, Gotta wait 3 days until finals are over to crack into it....argh.

I don't think you can shrink a XL to a Small :p, or at least it's never worked for me.

bryehn

Guled said:
YES!!!

I order it off amazon.ca and saw they had the Social Link Expansion Pack. Got both the game and the Expansion shipped for less then the cost of a regular game :D

Same here. Great deal. Couldn't get the guide from Chapters though so I'll have to import I think.

Delio

Ack this wait is painful. I want to finally fall headfirst into this! Hopefully gamestop doesnt screw me out of the art book.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Can't wait. Excluding puzzles, P3 was one of the few recent games that managed to keep me engaged for 100+ hours.

Top Bottom