• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Game is out on Asian psn and it's the Japanese version...
Seems like there's no Asian Chinese version this time... fuck ; ;

Download started .. but i need to go to sleep . i guess i need to "take my time" tomorrow after work.
Dat 19gb of download will take the day to be done anyway.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Atlus's animators have improved drastically. Some of these cutscenes are breathtaking.
The story isn't playing out how I expected at all either, in a great way.

Zolo

Yeah. I'm really impressed by what I've seen of the first dungeon and cutscenes in the first dungeon. Gigantic leap above Persona 3 and 4.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
12 more hours before I can even start downloading ( ´-д-) zzz

With my luck PSN is going to go down in the middle of it

Pengu

Neo Member
Anyone know if asia is getting the ps3 version?
If its a little cheaper I'll buy that one so I can those themes and maybe some sengoku basara dlc.

Randomizer

Through the first five hours or so there's
police brutality, bullying/physical abuse, sexual violence, extortion, suicide,
and probably some things I missed not being able to read the language.
Nice. Megaten games are at their best when they're dark and bleak. Although that not only seems darker but way more mature too. Developing Catherine was a very good thing for the team it would seem. Allowed them to grow and experiment with concepts and subject matter that don't usually show up in gaming.

Dantis

Hey guys, can someone provide me with some context?
Early game context. No real spoilers but still marking it.
who is the girl who's friends with Anne, and how does she relate to Kamoshida and Yuki?
I don't want to know where the plot goes, just how the characters relate.

Hey guys, can someone provide me with some context?
Early game context. No real spoilers but still marking it.
who is the girl who's friends with Anne, and how does she relate to Kamoshida and Yuki?
I don't want to know where the plot goes, just how the characters relate.

You're talking about Shiho right? She's a starting member (スタメン) on Kamoshida's volleyball team.

GSR

My copy should be here Friday. I've had a hit or miss relationship with the Persona games but P5's had my attention ever since they first revealed the phantom thief theme for the game.

I feel like this'll be a good fall game.

Aaaah okay.
what's happening with her, Kamoshida and Yuki?

Yuki is also on the volleyball team, but he's a lower down player (and presumably on the guys team)

Kamoshida takes his anger out on his players hence why the two of them are always beat up.

Shouta

Done for the night, lol.

The game is really great so far. It's definitely darker than P3 and P4. P3 is dark in an abstract sense where P5 gets real with it. There's a lot of weight behind what's going on as a result.

Dungeons being crafted instead of randomized is fantastic and the slight gameplay changes and general usability improvements are great. I'm really looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

RocBase

I just remembered that I had some leftover funds on my JP account, went ahead and bought the themes. I can still indirectly enjoy P5 without the actual game!

A shame you can't cross share between accounts though...

Done for the night, lol.

The game is really great so far. It's definitely darker than P3 and P4. P3 is dark in an abstract sense where P5 gets real with it. There's a lot of weight behind what's going on as a result.

Dungeons being crafted instead of randomized is fantastic and the slight gameplay changes and general usability improvements are great. I'm really looking forward to playing the rest of the game.

Super thrilled to hear this. Going by the general impressions being brought up so far this game appears to be hitting every single note I've wanted for it, could very well wind up being the game of the century.

Done for the night, lol.

Seriously though. This whole thing with (Spoilers up to the first dungeon-ish)
Kamoshida using his position to abuse students and be inappropriate toward An
is making me angry in a very real way.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member

They've certainly done a fantastic job at making him a ridiculously unlikable character. Which is only going make beating him all the more satisfying.

Dantis

The one thing I really dislike is
the flash forwards
. They feel unnecessary and pull me out every time show up.

Sakura

About 7 hours in... haven't finished the first dungeon yet, but I want to hurry and finish it so I can focus on the sim stuff.

Done for the night, lol.

Everything I hear about this game makes me love it even more.

Shouta

Yeah. (SPOILERS)
Kamoshida kept getting worse and worse as the first story went on. The things he was doing towards the end were pure scumbaggery. What he did to Shiho was disgusting. =/ I'm a little afraid of where the story is gonna go after this because that was some heavy stuff to start with. It could just be the first one though.

I ended up finishing the first dungeon and got to name the team (30 Dollar Italian Meal) and I'll be starting on the 2nd case tomorrow.

bigjig

Just got to the first full dungeon 5 hours in. Damn you guys weren't kidding, this game goes to some dark places quick.

I just remembered that I had some leftover funds on my JP account, went ahead and bought the themes. I can still indirectly enjoy P5 without the actual game!

A shame you can't cross share between accounts though...

Oh, d'oh, I'd assumed the themes could be shared. I normally buy themes on my primary account and am then able to use them on other accounts, so I assumed it would be the same. D'ooooooooooooh, of course. Ah, well, I might as well buy one, as I had some JPN PSN moolah.

Great to hear how dark the game is!

RocBase

Oh, d'oh, I'd assumed the themes could be shared. I normally buy themes on my primary account and am then able to use them on other accounts, so I assumed it would be the same. D'ooooooooooooh, of course. Ah, well, I might as well buy one, as I had some JPN PSN moolah.

Great to hear how dark the game is!

Same here, kinda sucks as it would be nice to have a theme per account lol. They're definitely super slick though - and that BGM, oooohhhh lawddd

kiyoaki

I played four hours last night and took my time examining the environments, talking to everybody, getting the feel of the game. The game's presentation and atmosphere is amazing. It feels familiar, and yet completely different from P3 or P4. As someone said above, it's dark, but a very different kind of dark than what P3 offered. The dramaturgy is of the story's opening part has vastly improved compared to P4. The game still takes its time introducing you to the world, the characters and the gamplay step by step, but succeeds much better in creating a sense of tension right from the start and keeping you entertained at all times. The menus, character portrait cut-ins, transition screens when traveling to a new location and so on are a joy all by themselves. It's really great how Atlus have recreated the crowded and oppressive feeling of those sprawling Tokyo train stations with limited resources and on maps that are small and easy to navigate. I haven't finished the first dungeon yet, but it is already leaps and bounds beyond anything the series has offered so far.

The only annoyance so far: loading times are a bit of a pain in the PS3 version. I wonder how the PS4 version compares.

Super anxious about spoiler so I won't read a single post in this thread. Would somebody be so kind and tell me whether the game is any good? I loved P3 and 4. 3 more so.

edit: Loved P2: EP too but I doubt P5 is anything like it.

Zolo

The main bad thing about Tartarus to me is that you could actually get some pretty interesting and random floors.....but you only get them I think after you've already gone through them once.

bigjig

Super anxious about spoiler so I won't read a single post in this thread. Would somebody be so kind and tell me whether the game is any good? I loved P3 and 4. 3 more so.

edit: Loved P2: EP too but I doubt P5 is anything like it.

It's shaping up to easily be my GOTY so far, but I'm only 5 hrs in so I'm still very much only starting to get used to the game. All spoilers are tagged in this thread, so you should be fine if you want to stick around and hear other people's impressions.

All right, thank you. Can I play on hard difficulty right away? P3 had a challenging normal difficulty but P4 was like 30% easier which was a little disappointing.

Yeah, how is hard mode for those playing? P4 normal was too easy back when I played it on PS2. Only real struggle was Shadow
Mitsuo

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
All right, thank you. Can I play on hard difficulty right away? P3 had a challenging normal difficulty but P4 was like 30% easier which was a little disappointing.

You can play hard from the getgo, the highest difficulty: Challenge isn't available though.
Hard has been really easy thus far, but I still feel like I'm in the tutorial stages so take that with a grain of salt.

Sadly not limited to that. just played for a couple hours and everything is blocked after the first few minutes. No streaming, no clips, no screenshots. Doesn't matter whether it's a cutscene or gameplay. It's a complete block of the feature during the game.

Same here. Ugh. Why don't Sony have the balls to stand up to these clueless Japanese developers (looking at you too, 龍が如く team) and tell them no, we aren't going to disable this feature to protect your precious little story, because regardless the whole thing will already be streaming online for anyone who wants it a week before your game is officially released.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looking forward to getting out of work to go pick up the game. Was so absorbed with work earlier, so the wait wasn't hard.

You can play hard from the getgo, the highest difficulty: Challenge isn't available though.
Hard has been really easy thus far, but I still feel like I'm in the tutorial stages so take that with a grain of salt.

Great, I'll start right on hard then. I really like that there's a difficulty above because NG+ gets a little boring when you started your NG at hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom