• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksol

Got sick for a few days. At about 80 hours on the fifth dungeon. Need to hurry my ass up before World of Final Fantasy releases :eek:

Game continues to be GOAT

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
So what do you guys think about ATLUS strong-arming YouTubers Lets Players for this game?

I want to see unfiltered gameplay videos but I can't, disappointing :/

So what do you guys think about ATLUS strong-arming YouTubers Lets Players for this game?

I want to see unfiltered gameplay videos but I can't, disappointing :/

It's silly , censoring people that bought their game and are playing it is nonsense.

Don't want to see stuff from players, don't click on it.

Shengar

The original P4? Because P4G was actually pretty light on the schedule, especially compared to 3. I finished them all on around 12/20 and then it gives you like an extra month after that where I didn't even really have any left to do. I imagine the PS2 version was more difficult since you couldn't go out on the town at night.

Still in September in 5 so I can't say for sure, but one thing for sure is P5 is a lot more balanced between day and night. You have like 8 day-time coops compared to 4's 12 or so. That said, it also takes more days away from you for story it seems like. In the end it probably balances out to about the same but we'll see.

On the other hand, it also means night time is a lot more busier than the other games so if you go into 5 treating night time like the "freebie time" it was in 3 and 4, you'll probably get burned later. I started to realize this about the beginning of June so I adjusted fairly quickly, I hope
Yep, it was the original P4. Thanks for the answer too!
It's silly , censoring people that bought their game and are playing it is nonsense.

Recommended video brah

Philippo

Damn i walked into a store to look for the latest Dengeki hoping to get the posters but it's actually just a couple of postcards...

Was disappointed that dungeon tracks weren't included in the LE soundtrack. 4th and 6th are flamez

Also would have been nice to have a cutscene theater, especially since the in-engine ones are much better than the anime ones (Will Power tho)

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Was disappointed that dungeon tracks weren't included in the LE soundtrack. 4th and 6th are flamez

Also would have been nice to have a cutscene theater, especially since the in-engine ones are much better than the anime ones (Will Power tho)

As far as I'm aware there's not even a cutscene theater for the anime cutscenes, which is a shame after Golden. The 3D cutscenes are genuinely amazing in this game.

I really don't like the new voice actor for Igor. The enunciation is really bad in a lot of his lines.

That said, all of the other voice acting is fantastic. Ryuji in particular really nails his lines. Futaba as well, but her battle-related lines are too...特性がある for lines that are repeated so often. I cringe every single time she says 流石ジョーカー!Outside of battle though, she's fantastic.

Don't worry about Igor's new voice. You will get used to it :)

I'm 80 hours in and still not feeling it. At first I just didn't think the low voice suited the grinning character, but I've moved past that. Now it's just the bad enunciation and mumbled words that bug me.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 80 hours in and still not feeling it. At first I just didn't think the low voice suited the grinning character, but I've moved past that. Now it's just the bad enunciation and mumbled words that bug me.

Give it another 20 hours and you'll love the voice, I promise I've been there.
------------
On a different note trying to complete the persona compendium am at 98% I assume what I'm missing are a few treasure demons? Anyone knows how far up those go? The highest I have is 35.

As far as I'm aware there's not even a cutscene theater for the anime cutscenes, which is a shame after Golden. The 3D cutscenes are genuinely amazing in this game.

Yusuke and Makoto's awakenings are two of the best moments in the game for me. I'll gladly buy P5H or whatever

Give it another 20 hours and you'll love the voice, I promise I've been there.
------------
On a different note trying to complete the persona compendium am at 98% I assume what I'm missing are a few treasure demons? Anyone knows how far up those go? The highest I have is 35.

I've seen up to 50 mentioned on some wikis.

Recommended video brah
Nobody's forcing anyone to click on recommanded stuff , and you can even tell youtube about what you wish to see and don't if my memory is correct.

I guess I'm going really slow. I'm at 85 hours at the beginning of the fifth dungeon. It never feels boring though, the game is amazing.
Well this kind of game, you can play it how you want , at the pacing you want , so it's not a surprise that the times varies.
I can only play 2 to 3 hours a day usually because i'm busy with work , so i don't really take my time.. but that's also how i play .. i optimise based on what i want ( not following a faq currently )

Yes the game's amazing.
The music on the 4th dungeon!

Is this what's called to be "God Tier"?

This game.....best ever!
Yeah it is.The third dongeon music was freakingly good , but i can't believe the fourth dongeon music outpassed it.
He's got nothing on the old Igor voice that's for sure.

RIP man
I can accept IGOR new voice better because i know they didn't have a choice on the matter and you couldn't find the same thing anywhere else. It's like monokuma in danganronpa , when you lose such AMAZING talents, it's a defintive loss , but i accept it better because , there is not much we can do.

It was certainly annoying in the first couple of hours , but now i've accepted it.
The new igor voice is GRITTY ? Rough ? Thankfully , caroline and justine helped soften the blow.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Whatever do you mean by the 2nd paragraph? I DO want to see lets play videos but can't since ATLUS is strong-arming Let's Players of this game with takedown notices and such, which I find very unfortunate :(

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit the velvet fight this time around on hard is pretty entertaining. Rest of the game definitely needs to be upped by another difficulty but the velvet fight is rough.

Whatever do you mean by the 2nd paragraph? I DO want to see lets play videos but can't since ATLUS is strong-arming Let's Players of this game with takedown notices and such, which I find very unfortunate :(

I was talking about the counter argument that they take down those videos to prevents spoilers that i've heard plenty of time already. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

My stance is simple: IF i've bought my game , i should be able to post videos of it.
Just like i should be able to stream it should i choose to do so.
And that's what i intend to do . i've recorded plenty and i will upload gameplay stuff very soon. I'm not talking about full let's play of such of the entire game because the situation is Imo different

If those videos arrived in a recommanded playlist of someone ( because youtube loves to do that ), it's up to each person to click on the video or not.

This. I've seen absolutely nothing of the final release of Dark Souls 3, only the first few minutes of a gameplay demo when it was revealed. All because I don't want to spoil it when I finally get time to play it.

It's been so many months. People can avoid spoilers if they want (usually)

Sakura

Finally in the 7th dungeon... shit has been getting pretty real, really enjoyable. Though some of the plot points have been pretty predictable.
So far I've found Temperance and Fate to be the most useful Co-ops ability wise. And also star.

I didn't know that Igor had a different Japanese voice when I started up P5 (I think I may have actually just forgot), so I was really surprised how different English Igor sound and Japanese Igor. I think the new voice is a bit of a weird direction to take the character since he seems pretty much designed to be goofy. I don't know how I feel about them changing the English voice to match this one. People would more readily notice that than not changing to match Japanese Igor.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I prefer Igor's new voice to the old one. People complaining about enunciation haven't heard enough elderly (esp. male) Japanese people speak. It's usually way worse than this.

68 hours in and just finished the 5th dungeon. This is going to be the longest game I've played since P4G I think.

Temperance and Fate to be the most useful Co-ops ability wise. And also star.
Yeah Fate seems to be the single most useful co-op ability in terms of saving time. The difference between having it at 7 and not having it makes an incredible difference.

Setsu00

I prefer Igor's new voice to the old one. People complaining about enunciation haven't heard enough elderly (esp. male) Japanese people speak. It's usually way worse than this.

68 hours in and just finished the 5th dungeon. This is going to be the longest game I've played since P4G I think.

Yeah Fate seems to be the single most useful co-op ability in terms of saving time. The difference between having it at 7 and not having it makes an incredible difference.

Igor always bordered on incomprehensible for me, but mostly due to his antiquated speech and less due to this voice. But isn't there a story reason for the voice change anyway? They teased something like this in one of the previews.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
And just joined the Platinum club as well what a way to end my holidays. Game is really something else.

Also tested dmg between brave zapper, godhand, hassou tobi around optimal conditions(max buffs and enemy debuffs).
And yeah not much has changed the highest I got with hassou tobi was close to 700dmg per hit x 8 while zapper and god hand dealt at most ~3k. Numbers are from one of the bosses on hard. Dmg range can swing insanely to as low as ~200dmg per hit for the velvet fight for example.
It's kind of the same problem with Dragon Quest multi hit is just not valued the right way.

Also maybe to open gameplay discussion to get my own theory crafting gears going, a short list of my thoughts on each character gameplay wise.

So I'm going to start saying I played a way more physical oriented party since I have not idea how to make magic work, the little I tried I just could not even get close to the physical numbers(like my magic dmg peaks around 1.5k) like maybe I needed to forgo defense accessories in favor of dmg boosting ones but that's kind of a big minus already.
Also with Allmighty being nerfed somewhat hard magic felt rather underwhelming this game beyond exploiting weaknesses with it.

Anyways:
Ryuji: Must have for physical comps. He gets his own charge, group attack buff, can take a hit has okayish magic dmg(if you equip mjollnir) in case physical isn't an option + good hard hitting physical skills. Tier 1.

Morgana: Best healer, but beyond that it didn't feel really necessary to use him. I can see him being really good in a different composition from my but most of his skill set was covered by MC and the fact that Mediarahan just heals everyone to full anyways.
Also his spells really eat a ton of SP.

Anne: Best offensive caster given that she gets concentrate and top tier fire spells. That said since magic in P5 is somewhat underwhelming she just didn't cut it for me. Maybe there is a playstyle where you use her to set up technical but in the high end fights(bosses) status effects are useless so you can't really set up technicals there.... or I just was unlucky but then that just speaks to how inconsistent such a build would be.

Yusuke: Weird character. I think he can be really strong if your MC personas play around him and buff him since he seems to have strong multi hit physicals. Other than that he felt mediocre since neither his physical set nor magic set is supported by any of his own passives. So for me he was more like a avoidance buff bot if I ever used him.

Makoto: For me top tier. Competent offensive caster and healer. She just fills composition holes very well I feel like.

Haru: Top tier as well for me she gets Heatriser one of the best buffs in the game and kind of rounds out the buff rotations really well. Also liked her bullet skill that has a crit chance a decently reliable tool to get a down on enemies that are otherwise impervious without wasting a round on guard kills. Her skillset is also so big it's hard to decide on what you keep on her.

Young Magus

Pick it up from the box in your room.
P2 battle theme is so good.

Cool,

Im in a dungon right now tho
the art museum one
;-;, I really wanted to try the if.. outfits before bed last night.

Speaking of that dungeon, can someone give me the up-and-up on the deal with
yosuke, the panting, and his teacher? I was sleepy as fuck so I zoned out during the story

And just joined the Platinum club as well what a way to end my holidays. Game is really something else.

Nicely done :)
I'm currently in the 4th dungeon on my second playthrough, I'm just focusing on Coop and Memento missions, I have the other ones apart from a hidden boss.

30 hours in and
5/3 or 4 spoilers
I just sold the Gold medal to the miltary shop dude. Got questioned by some 刑事達 but told them to fuck off.

I want to crack over 100 hours in this game ahhhh

Shouta

Also tested dmg between brave zapper, godhand, hassou tobi around optimal conditions(max buffs and enemy debuffs).
And yeah not much has changed the highest I got with hassou tobi was close to 700dmg per hit x 8 while zapper and god hand dealt at most ~3k. Numbers are from one of the bosses on hard. Dmg range can swing insanely to as low as ~200dmg per hit for the velvet fight for example.
It's kind of the same problem with Dragon Quest multi hit is just not valued the right way.

Also maybe to open gameplay discussion to get my own theory crafting gears going, a short list of my thoughts on each character gameplay wise.

So I'm going to start saying I played a way more physical oriented party since I have not idea how to make magic work, the little I tried I just could not even get close to the physical numbers(like my magic dmg peaks around 1.5k) like maybe I needed to forgo defense accessories in favor of dmg boosting ones but that's kind of a big minus already.
Also with Allmighty being nerfed somewhat hard magic felt rather underwhelming this game beyond exploiting weaknesses with it.

Anyways:
Ryuji: Must have for physical comps. He gets his own charge, group attack buff, can take a hit has okayish magic dmg(if you equip mjollnir) in case physical isn't an option + good hard hitting physical skills. Tier 1.

Morgana: Best healer, but beyond that it didn't feel really necessary to use him. I can see him being really good in a different composition from my but most of his skill set was covered by MC and the fact that Mediarahan just heals everyone to full anyways.
Also his spells really eat a ton of SP.

Anne: Best offensive caster given that she gets concentrate and top tier fire spells. That said since magic in P5 is somewhat underwhelming she just didn't cut it for me. Maybe there is a playstyle where you use her to set up technical but in the high end fights(bosses) status effects are useless so you can't really set up technicals there.... or I just was unlucky but then that just speaks to how inconsistent such a build would be.

Yusuke: Weird character. I think he can be really strong if your MC personas play around him and buff him since he seems to have strong multi hit physicals. Other than that he felt mediocre since neither his physical set nor magic set is supported by any of his own passives. So for me he was more like a avoidance buff bot if I ever used him.

Makoto: For me top tier. Competent offensive caster and healer. She just fills composition holes very well I feel like.

Haru: Top tier as well for me she gets Heatriser one of the best buffs in the game and kind of rounds out the buff rotations really well. Also liked her bullet skill that has a crit chance a decently reliable tool to get a down on enemies that are otherwise impervious without wasting a round on guard kills. Her skillset is also so big it's hard to decide on what you keep on her.

Damage on Hassou Tobi seems to vary extremely wildly. Not sure why though. In my first run, Hassou Tobi didn't do that much more damage than Brave Zapper/Blade most of the time though. That's probably because I was critical hitting like crazy and it was just doing it in battle instead of setting things up. I'm actually wondering how competitive One-Shot Kill is with its damage-up passives.

On chars

Not much to say about Ann, Ryuji, or Makoto.

Yusuke is totally a survival damage dealer and probably will be a much better choice than Ryuji if they do end up giving us a Challenge mode. Sukukaja along with Hyper Counter really aids in his survivability in the long term and for most of the game, he has higher damage tiers. It's only right at the end Ryuji really gets the edge.

Moragana: Super good healer and totally worth the slot if you don't make the mistake of replacing Mediarama with Mediaharan. He does solid damage with Wind attacks and Miracle Punch is great in a pinch if you want the down/Baton touch.

Haru: Lots of potential with her. I really like that she gets One-Shot Kill, a super powerful Tier 4 Gun/Pierce attack with high crit. She ALSO gets the skill that increases her damage with Gun/Pierce attacks. She gets both of them too so it's possible she gets a 75% increase. =o

aitakute

I hate Morgana with passion now. Spoiler for coop ability
I maxed Kawakami coop last play through and gotten her coop to 6 this play through already but freaking Morgana keeps telling me to sleep whenever I come back from dungeon. Note that I came back in thr store, not my room. Why must he be such a dick? I haven't been able to use the massage even once

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
please let me leave my room morgana, i have dvds to return
I stopped renting DVDs once I had to pay 3 or 5k in fines, because I forgot about them. It was near the beginning of the game when I didn't have that much money, so it hurt.

GSR

But you're tired. You should stay home.

I'm certain that "amount of time I would've needed to finish the rest of the co-ops" at the end of the game will be significantly less than "amount of time that was Morgana-blocked".

I only played P3, not P4, but I don't remember it being quite as bad about eating your free time whenever anything remotely plot-related (or not) reared its head.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I stopped renting DVDs once I had to pay 3 or 5k in fines, because I forgot about them. It was near the beginning of the game when I didn't have that much money, so it hurt.

I just rented a bunch and don't plan on ever returning them.

It's taking every single ounce of my willpower to not look up the dungeon themes.
You won't find them anyway, Atlus has been aggressively taking them down.

I was late in the first month, and it didn't cost anything because it was my first offence. I was late in the second month too but it was waived as well. I'm guessing the game knows it occupies a lot of your time in the first two months, so it showed some leniency.

I hate Morgana with passion now. Spoiler for coop ability
I maxed Kawakami coop last play through and gotten her coop to 6 this play through already but freaking Morgana keeps telling me to sleep whenever I come back from dungeon. Note that I came back in thr store, not my room. Why must he be such a dick? I haven't been able to use the massage even once

Same spoiler:
Yeah it's so obnoxious! I was able to use the massage service once after coming back from a dungeon / securing the route. But the cat wouldn't let me call when I tried again after coming back from defeating the boss. クソ猫め...

Are you sure they actually fine you? I've always been late and they always have a reason for waiving it. They'll tell you how much it should be, and then follow up with the reason they aren't fining you.

DVDs seemed kind of pointless to me anyway unless there's an achievement for watching them all(and I'm betting there is)

It's a good quick hit for some 魅力 or やさしさ in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom