• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Same spoiler:
Yeah it's so obnoxious! I was able to use the massage service once after coming back from a dungeon / securing the route. But the cat wouldn't let me call when I tried again after coming back from defeating the boss. クソ猫め...

Are you sure they actually fine you? I've always been late and they always have a reason for waiving it. They'll tell you how much it should be, and then follow up with the reason they aren't fining you.
As for the spoiler
iirc it only works if there's no story stuff happening after the dungeon, just a regular grinding Mementos/palace run. Might be wrong

As for the dvds, I'm pretty sure they fined me, but it was a while ago.

I stopped renting DVDs once I had to pay 3 or 5k in fines, because I forgot about them. It was near the beginning of the game when I didn't have that much money, so it hurt.

Holy shit 3-5K? I think I got charged 300 yen once when I missed the due date cause of a story event

Young Magus

Cool,

Im in the second dungon right now tho
the art museum one
;-;, I really wanted to try the if.. outfits before bed last night.

Speaking of that dungeon, can someone give me the up-and-up on the deal with
yosuke, the panting, and his teacher? I was sleepy as fuck so I zoned out during the story

Anyone? ;-;
Also (still second dungeon spoilers)got
Yusukes persona, what was his art sensei talkin shit to him about?

No wonder my kindness is so low..
I haven't been taking care of my plant.

I use the highest quality fertilize every chance I get(and I have tower at like level 8 which gives 3 note kindness almost every time) and kindness is still the only stat that isn't maxed for me yet.

That sucker is hard to level up

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Damage on Hassou Tobi seems to vary extremely wildly. Not sure why though. In my first run, Hassou Tobi didn't do that much more damage than Brave Zapper/Blade most of the time though. That's probably because I was critical hitting like crazy and it was just doing it in battle instead of setting things up. I'm actually wondering how competitive One-Shot Kill is with its damage-up passives.

On chars

Not much to say about Ann, Ryuji, or Makoto.

Yusuke is totally a survival damage dealer and probably will be a much better choice than Ryuji if they do end up giving us a Challenge mode. Sukukaja along with Hyper Counter really aids in his survivability in the long term and for most of the game, he has higher damage tiers. It's only right at the end Ryuji really gets the edge.

Moragana: Super good healer and totally worth the slot if you don't make the mistake of replacing Mediarama with Mediaharan. He does solid damage with Wind attacks and Miracle Punch is great in a pinch if you want the down/Baton touch.

Haru: Lots of potential with her. I really like that she gets One-Shot Kill, a super powerful Tier 4 Gun/Pierce attack with high crit. She ALSO gets the skill that increases her damage with Gun/Pierce attacks. She gets both of them too so it's possible she gets a 75% increase. =o

I think the damage variance has largely to do with enemy innate defense. One thing I observed is that randomizer(eng. name was debilitate I think) has the largest effect on raising physical damage. Without it even with attack buffs the numbers can be on the low side, buffs do seem to feed off debilitate hard. Brave Zapper does seem to crit a lot despite the text not mentioning it as a special feature. Still I don't think it ever topped out Hassou Tobi for me.

Haven't tested it thoroughly yet but I think One-Shot Kill Haru feels better as damage dealer than pushing the Psy spells on her. But it's kind of hard to nail down her skill set. She has so many spells that just shine extremely depending on the situation, worst offenders are the reflect spells which are so insanely good at protecting your healer but it just doesn't feel good having both since depending the boss you're only ever using one.

Currently running her with:

-Heatrizer(must have her best skill I think)
-Psydyne(just to have something to hit weakness with)
-Rad-dodge(I might switch this out given that at worst the dodge is invalidated like in the velvet fight by enemies anyway and that you can get accessories to deal with that either ones that nullify or the reaper ones that cut damage in half)
-Tetrakarn(It felt like physical was a more prominent reason for my healers to die given the accessories they wore being mostly against magic)
-Amritashower(I think getting unlucky on status effects is really one of the only things in endgame that can screw your party up this + rapid recovery kind of saves me the equipment slot/persona skill slot for something else)
-Rapid Recovery
-50% bullet amp
-Oneshot kill
Anyone having any cool endgame personas(skill set etc)?
So far I've only build a close to perfect Yoshitsune(only thinking about swapping 2-3 skills for maybe more reflect or something). Kind of want to make Satanael work but feels super underwhelming maybe he is best as recovery and auto battle start buff persona. Best caster persona seems to be Alice but if you're not going with her innate dark spell set it's going to be a bit of work to make her work.

One thing I will say is that it really sucks that there are so many gameplay elements in Persona tied to time gated. Like relearning old party skills taking time. Accumulating Skillcards taking time. It puts a slight damper on experimenting,

Shouta

I'll mess around with the attacks a bit more after I get back to the end of the game again.

Anyway, I'm doing my NG+ run intermittently on stream but I've been doing a AI Only (ala P3) and using a Custom Arsene only, at least as far as I can take it. The AI is extremely competent and even uses the game's systems to its fullest. It's not perfect but a huge leap over the previous games.

My custom Arsene right now looks like this.

Ri2fjAL.png

It has

Brave Blade
Megidolaon
Medirama
Null Blessing
Null Ice
Null Phys
Airy Dance (I think that's it)
Advise/Advice (whatever it is)

I didn't get all the skills I wanted on it but it's pretty close. I've had to manipulate the level-up system a bit to get the stats I needed to keep it competitive but it's going well so far. I'm going up against a boss next that might require an entirely different Arsene to fight against though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'll mess around with the attacks a bit more after I get back to the end of the game again.

Anyway, I'm doing my NG+ run intermittently on stream but I've been doing a AI Only (ala P3) and using a Custom Arsene only, at least as far as I can take it. The AI is extremely competent and even uses the game's systems to its fullest. It's not perfect but a huge leap over the previous games.

My custom Arsene right now looks like this.

It has

Brave Blade
Megidolaon
Medirama
Null Blessing
Null Ice
Null Phys
Airy Dance (I think that's it)
Advise/Advice (whatever it is)

I didn't get all the skills I wanted on it but it's pretty close. I've had to manipulate the level-up system a bit to get the stats I needed to keep it competitive but it's going well so far. I'm going up against a boss next that might require an entirely different Arsene to fight against though.

That's pretty cool what did you use to get Null Blessing on it? Still wrapping my head around who has what and the best way to get certain skills.

Shouta

メガトンレイド isn't Brave Blade and it's Ali Dance, as in Muhammad Ali

Ali Dance, huh? Interesting. Didn't know that!

This is the wrong save. I redid some work for the big event in September so it was my old one before I put Brave Zapper/Blade on it. Lemme pull that up. I found out when I was first creating Arsene that Brave Zapper/Blade is a skill that Arsene cannot inherit so I had to go with the Megaton Raid card I had left over until I was able to get the current skill, lol

That's pretty cool what did you use to get Null Blessing on it? Still wrapping my head around who has what and the best way to get certain skills.

From
Solitary Confinement
Took a few tries but it managed to come up.

Something about the 3 or 4 second pause between when you pay to read your fortune and when she actually reads your fortune where you're just sort of staring at each other makes me laugh for some reason.

Probably just loading time but still

Sakura

No wonder my kindness is so low..
I haven't been taking care of my plant.

I don't even have a plant!
But raising the human parameters is pretty easy anyway. Already maxed them all out. Don't think I ever did that on first play throughs of P4 or P3.

Altus paying tribute to the GOAT!!
That skill was available in P4 too. I think it was even learned from the same persona too (Futsunushi)

I can't wait to get home and get my Catherine outfits! Crap, my last save is made just after entering a Mementos run (10 missions!) I should have made the save before entering Mementos.

Without giving too much away, at what point does the game open up a bit more? I'm about 8 hours in now a couple of days after
Takamaki
joined probably? heading for the final confrontation with the first boss, it's been a loooot of story and not a whole lot of gameplay so far. Granted the large amount of story is part of the reason it's taking me so long as it takes me a while to read through all the japanese since I'm still not that fluent.

raven777

Without giving too much away, at what point does the game open up a bit more? I'm about 8 hours in now a couple of days after
Takamaki
joined probably? heading for the final confrontation with the first boss, it's been a loooot of story and not a whole lot of gameplay so far. Granted the large amount of story is part of the reason it's taking me so long as it takes me a while to read through all the japanese since I'm still not that fluent.

I consider upto the first dungeon as a tutorial. Things should open up soon.

I consider upto the first dungeon as a tutorial. Things should open up soon.

Great, thanks! It hasn't been a slog at all and I'm really loving the HD Persona experience, and being able to put my japanese studies to practical use has been great but I'm just hyped to get some battling in.

cube001

Holy shit 3-5K? I think I got charged 300 yen once when I missed the due date cause of a story event

I rented out all available DVDs at the beginning of the game and totally forgot about them when I returned them they told me to pay around 14K but luckily they forgave me because it was my first time :D

Darksol

Is the DLC not showing up on the console store for anyone else? Had to get it through the web store for whatever reason.

Couldn't grab it through my NA account, had to use my JP one. I got a notification when I started the game that they are now installed but I still don't see it yet.

Web store is another option I think

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Couldn't grab it through my NA account, had to use my JP one. I got a notification when I started the game that they are now installed but I still don't see it yet.

Web store is another option I think
You pick up the dlc in the box in your room.

Darksol

You pick up the dlc in the box in your room.

Ah, like the other stuff. Gotcha. Was doing Memento dungeons so I never had a chance to check :p

Hmm I happen to be in Tokyo right now for a week long trip. Should I go pick up a copy? I can't read too much Japanese...

RPGs might not be the best bet if you can't read the language. Then again, that hasn't stopped several people in this thread, so go for it!

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
The Catherine costumes look really awesome, but the battle music is way too damn quiet, as is the results screen music.

I rented out all available DVDs at the beginning of the game and totally forgot about them when I returned them they told me to pay around 14K but luckily they forgave me because it was my first time :D

So after finishing my dongeon i went to return my dvd and i had to pay 21600 yen

Oups

Jintor

besides big bang burgers what's the most efficient place to grind out courage? Only just starting june (40 hours lol)

RPGs might not be the best bet if you can't read the language. Then again, that hasn't stopped several people in this thread, so go for it!

Ah... I forgot how expansive games are in Japan compared to the U.S.... 8500 yen :(

I think I'll wait for the localized version. Thanks for your help though!

muteki

A few weeks in and I finally remember that equipping equivalent personas boosts your SL stats for matching arcana. Derp.

Where can the super fancy 天然・植物栄養剤 plant food be found? Can it be in Shibuya or Yogenjaya? I have found the regular old 植物栄養剤 at the flower shop in the underground mall, just curious if it is a random thing at one of the other 100x shops around.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
A few weeks in and I finally remember that equipping equivalent personas boosts your SL stats for matching arcana. Derp.

Where can the super fancy 天然・植物栄養剤 plant food be found? Can it be in Shibuya or Yogenjaya? I have found the regular old 植物栄養剤 at the flower shop in the underground mall, just curious if it is a random thing at one of the other 100x shops around.
Shinjuku, you won't unlock it until later

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
So people who have finished it, how does it compare to P3 / P4 for you?

e.g.
P3 9/10
P4 8.5/10
P5 ??/10

Gameplay wise best Persona to date(don't think this one is debatable, P5 lacks a few features that golden had but has like 10 others that P4G didn't have).
Story wise most resonating with me personally.
Not going to do a score cause for me personally it just feels really stupid trying to boil down experiences like this(I mean it's goddamn 100+ hours of various emotions) into a meaningless number and also kind of disrespectful.
It really doesn't tell anything about what the game made me feel, ponder, etc.

Also I just think like with prior Persona games people will just have their feelings largely swayed by how they connect to the main story, like always, whether gameplay is better or the writing at large has improved won't be deciding factor like with P3 and P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom