• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulhouf

I'm really annoyed that the game doesn't allow screenshots. At first I thought it was only for story parts but I'm about 12 hours in and the option is still disabled.
Can someone confirm that it's the case for the entire game?

They did that in Moon Dwellers too for no reason.

Shouta

I'm really annoyed that the game doesn't allow screenshots. At first I thought it was only for story parts but I'm about 12 hours in and the option is still disabled.
Can someone confirm that it's the case for the entire game?

They did that in Moon Dwellers too for no reason.

Yeah, they disable streaming and screenshots for pretty much the entire game. It's really ass.

Quocia

Neo Member
Hello!
I feel very stupid, I have downloaded Catherine costumes but it doesn't show up in my menu. Am I supposed to buy the clothes somewhere?

I feel hesitant to ask this for fear of waifu bullshit, but I've been meaning to ask, for people who have finished, who's your favorite social link of the girls? Of the guys? Overall?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I feel hesitant to ask this for fear of waifu bullshit, but I've been meaning to ask, for people who have finished, who's your favorite social link of the girls? Of the guys? Overall?

Mine are Sun, Fate, Hanged Man and Tower. Can't explain why without going into spoilers but those are kind of sticking with me beyond finishing the game. But I enjoyed all of them in different ways even. Not sure what's up with Moon though every game it makes me hate it up to the turning point.
----------------
Just got the Allmighty high booster. It's inheritable as well. Seems like there are more network execution exclusive skills. Definitely best to use each day from when it's unlocked to save reset until you get one with a special skill, well at least if one cares about building personas.

Spoilers for the end game
How long is the final dungeon? I mean after all the stuff with I and R (just to be sure in case someone accidentally clicks on this one)

Damn, was 2 ranks in Empress away from maxing all coops before 11/18.

Of course I'm assuming I have more coop time after that but it's nice to know that you have a lot of leeway in coops if you're actually aiming for max. If I had been thorough enough to actually pay more attention to character's schedules and stuff then I easily could have maxed them all by then. Night coops were maxed on 11/12 and stats were maxed on 11/2, in case anyone wants a measuring stick for their pace.

Been meaning to ask this too - for those who have played/finished the game, who was your favorite character and/or social link? Any standouts?

They're all good.

That's a complete non-answer.

Surely a few must've stood out to you.

I thought they were all decent, but there were no standouts for me on the level of say, Persona 3's Sun. None of them made me emotional.

Also can't help but feel the romantic aspect of the female party members feels kind of lazy and tacked on.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I'm only about 3/4 through the game but Kawakami's co-op (temperance) has been the standout for me so far. Her situation and the characters involved elicited the same kind of feelings I had during the events leading up to the first dungeon, which made helping her and seeing her conclusion very satisfying (even though I ended up with Makoto).

Memento

Ok, no spoilers here, right?

I just want to know about 2 things:

1. The tone of the story. Is it more like P3 (darkish) or P4 (light hearted)? Also, does it reach the same highs of P3 in the emotional scenes? Like the ending of P3. Is there anything that rivals that kind of scene?

2. The music. Is it super awesome or super mega awesome? Best OST of 2017 confirmed? Better than its predecessors? I know, I know, this is extremely subjective. I just want to know if it wont disappoint someone that comes with some very high expectations from P3/P4 in that regard.

I'm only about 3/4 through the game but Kawakami's co-op (temperance) has been the standout for me so far. Her situation and the characters involved elicited the same kind of feelings I had during the events leading up to the first dungeon, which made helping her and seeing her conclusion very satisfying (even though I ended up with Makoto).

Temperance>>>>>>>all

But yes, Makoto is best girl (if you choose one)

GSR

1. The tone of the story. Is it more like P3 (darkish) or P4 (light hearted)? Also, does it reach the same highs of P3 in the emotional scenes? Like the ending of P3. Is there anything that rivals that kind of scene?

2. The music. Is it super awesome or super mega awesome? Best OST of 2017 confirmed? Better than its predecessors? I know, I know, this is extremely subjective. I just want to know if it wont disappoint someone that comes with some very high expectations from P3/P4 in that regard.

From what I've played so far (through dungeon 3) the tone is closer to P2/P3 than P4. The music is pretty strong but the soundtrack's a bit more limited than I was expecting and a few of the dungeon tracks could stand to last longer before looping.

The music is definitely the most disappointing aspect of the game for me.

I think I went in with more modest expectations than most but even then, I was still really let down. Actually found myself going back and listening to P3 and P4 music occasionally since 5 wasn't really doing anything for me. I liked a couple dungeon themes but once you're done with them you can't even hear them again

Sakura

I think Temperance is my favourite for the girls. As for female party members only, honestly none of the co-ops really stood out to me.

I feel like the setting is darker and some of the themes darker than Persona 4, but the characters are all pretty light hearted through most of it.

The music is a bit disappointing for me. It's not bad at all, but it isn't as good as P4 or P3.

Shouta

That's a complete non-answer.

Surely a few must've stood out to you.

No, it's not a non-answer because all of them are handled very well and are engaging. It's not like P3 or P4 where there's some stinkers in the bunch. I've

From watching his stream; he really likes the Sun link.

Sun is good but it's also one of the few I got to 10 on my first run. I've been seeing them all in my NG+ and they're all very good. There'll be ones that standout to different people for different reasons though.

Been meaning to ask this too - for those who have played/finished the game, who was your favorite character and/or social link? Any standouts?

Morgana.

He is the anti-Teddie. Not that I hated Teddie, but he's cool in a way I sincerely like in all the ways Teddie was doofy in a way I begrudgingly was fond of. He's my favorite "navi" character in any video game ever, even though he's not the dedicated character in that role like Rise/Fuuka. In spite of him being used by the game to waste your evenings in certain cases. And I'm not even a cat person.

The story is not dark in the weird, existential way that P3 was. It's dark in a, and I hate to use this term for all it's come to represent, "gritty" way. The terrible shit that happens (mostly) is not due to the obscure machinations of otherworldly forces or because of some weird notion like "Boy it'd be great if everybody died right?" but stuff that you actually see every day in the news... albeit extrapolated through the realm of freaky subconscious dungeons.

Dumb question, but I'm away from my PS4 and can't check for a while - If I've been playing this under my US PSN account, can I log into my JP account and use the same save? Or will it say I have no saves if I'm logged in on a different account?

They're all good.
Haha, I believe it. Still wanted some standouts.
Mine are Sun, Fate, Hanged Man and Tower. Can't explain why without going into spoilers but those are kind of sticking with me beyond finishing the game. But I enjoyed all of them in different ways even. Not sure what's up with Moon though every game it makes me hate it up to the turning point.
I'll need to recheck an Arcana list, but thanks!
I think Temperance is my favourite for the girls. As for female party members only, honestly none of the co-ops really stood out to me.
Cool! Thanks! Boo to no party mems tho :p

Best thing about coops is they're actually useful for more than just the level 10 synth unlock. That was a pleasant surprise for me.

As far as story content, Temperance/Fortune/Hermit

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah, they disable streaming and screenshots for pretty much the entire game. It's really ass.

Wait what the fuck? Are you serious?

Not only they're strong-arming YouTube Let's Players but they also did this? What the fuck?

Don't tell me this shittyness will also become something that we can look forward to in the US version!

Shouta

Not only they're strong-arming YouTube Let's Players but they also did this? What the fuck?

Don't tell me this shittyness will also become something that we can look forward to in the US version!

It's PS4 streaming so there's not much that can be done. They haven't stopped me from streaming the game on twitch through an external cap device though. I have a ton of hours of it.

artsi

I guess they don't want ANYTHING spoiled about the game, which is understandable.

Yet despite that internet was full of end game spoilers before the game was released, and capture cards / smartphones also exist.. it's just so futile method and inconveniencing players.

convo

Yet despite that internet was full of end game spoilers before the game was released, and capture cards / smartphones also exist.. it's just so futile method and inconveniencing players.

Well it did prevent most people who got it pre-release to stream it, but at some point you want to disable that stuff.I wonder if that works like flipping a switch. I am certain japanese twitter would be flooded by videos of the menus. Since the PS3 doesn't have the lock feature that version can still take pictures.

Also anyone wondering about challenge mode, it's finally announced for the 13th october and free as expected.Some more costumes including Raidou costumes. copy paste for famitsu links and maybe tiny boss and later game stuff spoiler.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/06117579.html

Jintor

the only thing i don't like about morgana is that he fucking blocks you from everything

used to be the game would do it itself. IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU WENT TO SLEEP EARLY TODAY. but now there's a weird cat thing I can project my anger on

the only thing i don't like about morgana is that he fucking blocks you from everything

used to be the game would do it itself. IT WOULD BE BEST IF YOU WENT TO SLEEP EARLY TODAY. but now there's a weird cat thing I can project my anger on

The most incredible scapegoat ..because in the rares cases where morgana isn't there to tell you that you're tired , the MC himself thinks that it might be good to rest..

o_O ...What

It's during that one day where morgana is stuck in futaba room

Sakura

So people who have finished it, how does it compare to P3 / P4 for you?

e.g.
P3 9/10
P4 8.5/10
P5 ??/10

Finally just finished it.
Personally I would say P4>P5>P3.
Gameplay/systems wise it is clearly the best to date. But I found the story/characters/themes/music to be better in P4 than P5. Still a good game though for sure.

kewlmyc

What do you mean they're "strong arming" let's players? They're taking the videos or channels down?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom