• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's PS4 streaming so there's not much that can be done. They haven't stopped me from streaming the game on twitch through an external cap device though. I have a ton of hours of it.
Speaking of, I noticed your twitch starts from part 6 - are you going to re upload 1-5? I was slowly making my way through those...

_Ryo_

No spoilers but can you join clubs in this game? I've been watching a few streams and haven't seen anything about it.

Also, apart from Mementos are there any side-quests similar to the quests in P4?

Ex.

Who's the Riddle Master? (Answer NPC's riddles correctly)

The Girl on the Rooftop. (Find out the hobbies of a girl some boy likes.)

Please Feed the Cat (Well, you know, you kinda feed a cat.)

Haven't seen anything like these sorts of quests in p5 so far, are they there?

The only channel I saw taken down was one that started prior to the launch date.

While I haven't seen any direct take downs of channels I have seen plenty of copyright strikes where entire Persona 5 lets plays were deleted by Atlus on Youtube.

No spoilers but can you join clubs in this game? I've been watching a few streams and haven't seen anything about it.

Also, apart from Mementos are there any side-quests similar to the quests in P4?

Ex.

Who's the Riddle Master? (Answer NPC's riddles correctly)

The Girl on the Rooftop. (Find out the hobbies of a girl some boy likes.)

Please Feed the Cat (Well, you know, you kinda feed a cat.)

Haven't seen anything like these sorts of quests in p5 so far, are they there?

Clubs :
___No you can't___

Sidequests :
___No___

Beckx

Only have a few hours to play a week, so i am slowly moving forward. Just got to the start of the second dungeon. If i keep playing for 5 hours a week I'll probably finish right when the US version hits.

Really having fun with it. Mostly using remote play to my Surface 3, and when i hit Japanese beyond my ability that i really want to work through, i copy the screen to onenote to translate later. I don't do that a ton, but it's still part of the fun.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Well it did prevent most people who got it pre-release to stream it, but at some point you want to disable that stuff.I wonder if that works like flipping a switch. I am certain japanese twitter would be flooded by videos of the menus. Since the PS3 doesn't have the lock feature that version can still take pictures.

Also anyone wondering about challenge mode, it's finally announced for the 13th october and free as expected.Some more costumes including Raidou costumes. copy paste for famitsu links and maybe tiny boss and later game stuff spoiler.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/06117579.html

Nice going to hold off on my third playthrough until then(it's fucking crazy that I still want to play this ~_~). I just want a playground for op personas.

Shouta

Hmm, with the new challenge mode coming next week, I think I might hold off going further in my NG+ to do it from scratch in that setting.

Lynx_7

Hmm, with the new challenge mode coming next week, I think I might hold off going further in my NG+ to do it from scratch in that setting.

Oh... are they doing that thing where they lock a difficulty mode behind timed DLC again? That is such a bad practice with no justification whatsoever. Just let me choose the thing day 1.

Ugh I'm so bummed out. Can't remember my JP PSN password and when I tried to reset it after entering my birthday, I get an error.

No costume DLC for me until the NA version drops I guess.

Buuu.

Shouta

Oh... are they doing that thing where they lock a difficulty mode behind timed DLC again? That is such a bad practice with no justification whatsoever. Just let me choose the thing day 1.

Yeah, it's kinda annoying because I wanted to do NG+ on a harder difficulty.

_Ryo_

Joining clubs was just a way of forcing you into S.Links anyway and to be honest I never did any of these sidequests in P3 and P4.

They could have made clubs into mini games ro raise stats/parameters. Also joining clubs raises replay value as you have a limit of how many you can do in each playthrough.

I liked the sidequests in P3 and P4.

Only have a few hours to play a week, so i am slowly moving forward. Just got to the start of the second dungeon. If i keep playing for 5 hours a week I'll probably finish right when the US version hits.

Really having fun with it. Mostly using remote play to my Surface 3, and when i hit Japanese beyond my ability that i really want to work through, i copy the screen to onenote to translate later. I don't do that a ton, but it's still part of the fun.
Same.

I pretty much play 1-2 hours a day at most. I'm about 30 hours in, about to find my second target for the 2nd dungeon.

Sometimes the enemies will taunt you in battle by saying something like "来いよ、コスプレガンナ!", any idea what's the actual quote?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Sometimes the enemies will taunt you in battle by saying something like "来いよ、コスプレガンナ!", any idea what's the actual quote?
コスプレガンマン

I guess they don't want ANYTHING spoiled about the game, which is understandable.
Not really in the age of smartphone. It just means less high-quality lets-plays and screenshots, and more shitty spoiler pics taken with phones. I don't see how that's a win for anyone.
They're sending take-down orders to people who are doing Persona 5 lets plays.
Which is pretty damn stupid, since WoM and videos like that are what's going to sell this thing in the West.

Man the music that comes on during the night later on in the game is wowwww. I just saved the game, let it run for about 5 minutes and then cut it off for the night.

i'm a little angry right now .because i had uploaded small sniplets of gameplay from P5 ON my youtube channel , the videos weren't long ( 5 mins ) and there was only 3 of them and 1 was mostly battle gameplay.

And i got copy right strikes.

For what exactly ?

Ps: atlustube are morons , i can't even make a video showing the gameplay of this game?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
i'm a little angry right now .because i had uploaded small sniplets of gameplay from P5 ON my youtube channel , the videos weren't long ( 5 mins ) and there was only 3 of them and 1 was mostly battle gameplay.

For what exactly ?

Ps: atlustube are morons , i can't even make a video showing the gameplay of this game?
As far as I understand, according to the Japanese law, derivative works are only allowed if the maker allows them. I assume that not turning off the PS4 stream feature can be treated as an OK, but if it's disabled and the opening screen states that you are not supposed to stream it (I think it had a line about 配信), they have the right to delete it. It's a gray area here and obviously will probably change in the coming years if streaming continues being a thing, but for now there's nothing you can do about it.

Obviously I'm no lawyer, but I looked into it some time ago and the above is how I understand it.

I think I read some people on NicoNico were banned for posting gameplay videos after the release.

Ken

Well it did prevent most people who got it pre-release to stream it, but at some point you want to disable that stuff.I wonder if that works like flipping a switch. I am certain japanese twitter would be flooded by videos of the menus. Since the PS3 doesn't have the lock feature that version can still take pictures.

Also anyone wondering about challenge mode, it's finally announced for the 13th october and free as expected.Some more costumes including Raidou costumes. copy paste for famitsu links and maybe tiny boss and later game stuff spoiler.
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201610/06117579.html

Oh man all those p4 arena persona.

bigjig

55 hours in and only just finished the 4th dungeon. I don't know how you guys got through this game so quick lol

One thing I kinda miss from Persona 4 is (Minor spoilers for P4 and the first half of P5 follow)
the group events. Like in Persona 4 how you went on a school excursion to the city, went to a summer festival, had a school culture day, went camping, went to a hot spring together, got a scooter liscence and went to the beach together, etc. I feel like a lot of the slink events in P5 are a lot more one to one rather than everyone getting together as a group. I mean there's been a buffet dinner, dinner at a sushi restaurant but not much. I was so bummed that the fireworks festival got rained out as well :(

Can anyone who's finished the game give a yes/no answer on whether there's more of this later on in the game?

Sakura

55 hours in and only just finished the 4th dungeon. I don't know how you guys got through this game so quick lol

One thing I kinda miss from Persona 4 is (Minor spoilers for P4 and the first half of P5 follow)
the group events. Like in Persona 4 how you went on a school excursion to the city, went to a summer festival, had a school culture day, went camping, went to a hot spring together, got a scooter liscence and went to the beach together, etc. I feel like a lot of the slink events in P5 are a lot more one to one rather than everyone getting together as a group. I mean there's been a buffet dinner, dinner at a sushi restaurant but not much. I was so bummed that the fireworks festival got rained out as well :(

Can anyone who's finished the game give a yes/no answer on whether there's more of this later on in the game?

There is more, but they aren't quite as good IMO.

It almost seems like a conscious effort to tone down those kind of scenes dramatically, probably because they don't want it to feel like "another Persona 4"

_Ryo_

For what exactly ?

Only the prologue is allowed to be posted. So the first 19 minutes. Anything else will get you a take down/copyright strike.

Videos seem to stay up on Twitch. Also I think they're doing a BETA where you can upload videos rather than streaming.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
It almost seems like a conscious effort to tone down those kind of scenes dramatically, probably because they don't want it to feel like "another Persona 4"

Think it's more the nature of the game itself they have those moments quite a bit out of school just not really many ones within school, it's kind of like how SEES was.
Doing my best not to go for Persona 5 DLC.... That said some of the persona skills look so fun to play with.
There is a blessing attack that hits 8 times for small light dmg. Basically Magic Hassou Tobi.
Also have a build in mind that might make magic really nice again. Just need to get the network skills amp all elements 25% and hope that it stack with everything else.

I mean to say that even when they do have scenes where they get together, you don't have antics or conversations that are as over the top as Persona 4.

One way to say it is that Persona 5 feels more like normal high school students getting together and having fun whereas Persona 4 feels more like a sitcom. Persona 4 is basically written to have jokes and laughs and funny situations to entertain you whereas Persona 5 is mostly just... people chilling. Even compared to Persona 3 it's a bit less comedy-centric

PK Gaming

CuG5dPoWEAAiF-g.jpg

Source

They need to add Lupin costumes at some point

Okay, I have a question, wondering if I screwed this up. This is for December.

So there was nothing to do on 11/27 so I decided to just go ahead and finish the dungeon and then finish the final Empress rank I need to reach max a couple days later, but after securing the route, all the party member coops have disappeared and I have to send out the card now.

My question is, after I send out the card, do I still have time to do coops after that or am I just utterly screwed here?

Shouta

Okay, I have a question, wondering if I screwed this up. This is for December.

So there was nothing to do on 11/27 so I decided to just go ahead and finish the dungeon and then finish the final Empress rank I need to reach max a couple days later, but after securing the route, all the party member coops have disappeared and I have to send out the card now.

My question is, after I send out the card, do I still have time to do coops after that or am I just utterly screwed here?

You should have time.

Some random notes of my progression: 7/29 (around 70 hours of playing time)

Finished the 4th dungeon in two sessions. I still have to steal Futaba's heart though. The first session was very short since I kept using spells, just reached the first safe room before I had to go back home. The next session I reached the door of Futaba's room. I kind of like that the game basically is saying: "hey, you 2chan weirdos, the only thing you do all day is spend your life in front of the computer because you have some personal trauma".

And about the story... I kind of like that I have to take down Anonymous this time. Just when I thought they couldn't make the story interesting anymore, now it seems people think the Phantom Thieves are a bunch of hackers that made Kamoshida, Madarame and Kaneshiro confess their crimes. It's pretty clever.

After exploring that dungeon I realize that exploring in itself is actually fun. All dungeons so far have some kind of gimmick/puzzles to solve, they're like light versions of Legend of Zelda dungeons, while Mementos feels like light versions of Tartarus... and I'm enjoying them a lot because of that.

Also, it looks as if Akechi is part of the Avengers. I mean, who carries a briefcase with their initial on them (besides Karamatsu)?

Do we have a guide for Persona fusions or locations? I didn't get Eligor and I need it for my first 3 persona fusion.

If I had a nickel for everytime a character says "there's nothing to do but wait" I would be able to afford all the equipment before a dungeon run.

Also, whenever I choose a dialogue and Ryuuji's like "だろう" or what have you I'm like yeeah, probably said something cool but I have no idea what.

GSR

I've been sick so I made it to the start of dungeon 4.
Glad to see them shaking up the formula - the episodic "go reform the bad guy" can be satisfying but I was definitely feeling diminishing returns with Kaneshiro.

So far I've really enjoyed the game, more than I was expecting TBH. I don't think it'll dramatically change anyone's minds if they're not buying the Persona 3 formula but I'm enjoying playing a AAA JRPG for the first time in a long time.

So barring the 20th anniv disc 5. How many new vocal songs are there that we haven't heard yet?

Er...About 4, if you count the vocal version of Beneath The Mask, which has an instrumental version on the Anniversary disc.

The others are Late Boss theme, Dungeon 6 theme, the Credits theme.'

I feel like I'm missing a song or 2, though.

I've been sick so I made it to the start of dungeon 4.
Glad to see them shaking up the formula - the episodic "go reform the bad guy" can be satisfying but I was definitely feeling diminishing returns with Kaneshiro.

So far I've really enjoyed the game, more than I was expecting TBH. I don't think it'll dramatically change anyone's minds if they're not buying the Persona 3 formula but I'm enjoying playing a AAA JRPG for the first time in a long time.

To be fair though Kaneshiro feels really underdeveloped and impersonal compared to the first two. It felt more like a glorified mementos mission in terms of story when stacked up against Kamoshida and Madarme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom