• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to stop a party member's
persona from evolving into its ultimate form?

I'm considering max-ing Makoto's confidant level but I really like Johanna's skill set and I would like to keep them.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Do enemies respawn in palaces? Would kind of like to go back and beat a bunch if so when dividing up the infiltration over a few days.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
In your roster. It'll give you a message mentioning the corresponding persona when you decide to spend time with them

For whatever reason it won't tell me about Moon in my roster even when I have a Moon persona, but I assume that's just some kind of error.

Dad

Question on the second palace.
I'm short lockpicks for two chests and just hit the end of the dungeon. Is it worth wasting a day by holding off on leaving the calling card and making the picks, or should I just forget about them and leave the calling card now?

CrazyDude

Do enemies respawn in palaces? Would kind of like to go back and beat a bunch if so when dividing up the infiltration over a few days.

Yeah when you leave and return from a room, and usually it's the same demons. So if there is a powerful enemy in a room you can go in and out of the room to keep fighting it.

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Yes. Each area can also respawn on its own. With a few exceptions, every time I get the loading screen where the protag jumps down and then up to the left, it causes the previous area to respawn.

Corpekata

Banned
Question on the second palace.
I'm short lockpicks for two chests and just hit the end of the dungeon. Is it worth wasting a day by holding off on leaving the calling card and making the picks, or should I just forget about them and leave the calling card now?

The game doesn't tell you this but typically the night before going to get a treasure you can make tools or coffee. It'll block most other night activities tell you to be rested and whatnot, but those it tends to let you (at least from what I've played so far).

Spoilery question around 10/29 and the
sixth palace

there's nothing wrong with me completing the palace ASAP right? Even with the connection to the in media res stuff?

During summer
is everyone going to call me every dang day? I keep doing the events for extra stats and confidant points but dang, we're in the middle of a job people.

Do you ever sell (Palace 3 spoilers)
Kaneshiro's gold briefcase or no?
Or maybe I missed it.
I think it's implied they sold it, the characters go out to eat again.
Would be nice if they stopped blowing the cash on food, do they realize how expensive it is to keep up with equips? Grumble grumble.

Dad

The game doesn't tell you this but typically the night before going to get a treasure you can make tools or coffee. It'll block most other night activities tell you to be rested and whatnot, but those it tends to let you (at least from what I've played so far).

That makes things simpler. Thanks!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
How the fuck do they get such great soundtracks in these games? Everything since 3 has had practically iconic music for everything.

Angry Grimace

From what I can gather, it's probably because moon always ranks up immediately upon hanging out

That would make sense, I never really noticed it since I haven't prioritized getting all the Confidants up and instead pumping up various stats.

Can you please explain in detail how to do this? I don't understand how confusing a boss gives you money?

When enemies are confused they just throw money (your party members do this also). I didn't think you actually got the money they threw though. I never really checked my inventory to find out. It certainly doesn't appear in the "you gained X yen" part at the end of battles though.

FHIZ

Just curious, what date does the game actually end? Been trying to find that info, but avoiding spoilers has made that pretty difficult.

Also, is there any large time jump?

That would make sense, I never really noticed it since I haven't prioritized getting all the Confidants up and instead pumping up various stats.
Yeah I didn't really notice either, but according to others it seems to be the case (wish I had known so I didn't need to suck up to him In some of the ranks)

LiK

8/23

LOL, the whole getting Futaba to open up quest is cracking me up. She's a darling. Love the nerdiness. Reminds me of me. T_T

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yes. Each area can also respawn on its own. With a few exceptions, every time I get the loading screen where the protag jumps down and then up to the left, it causes the previous area to respawn.

Damn wtf. I'm an idiot was trying to figure out how you even level in this game (clearly have never really played a Persona before) and just assuming for no good reason I guess. Thanks everyone!

Zafir

Spoilery question around 10/29 and the
sixth palace

there's nothing wrong with me completing the palace ASAP right? Even with the connection to the in media res stuff?

No.

Even if you finish the dungeon early, you can't send the calling card until the end anyway.

Think the only good forms were makoto and yusuke.
I like Ryuji's but I still prefer the original. The rest? Not so much, especially Haru's. Haven't seen Morgana's yet though.

The original designs being based on various vigilantes is such a unique concept and refreshingly deviant, and obviously fits perfectly with the game's themes. Having their evolved Personas going back to being based on the usual demons feels like such a step back, and the designs really don't help here. I reeeaaallly like the original forms.

Approaching the last boss and holy shit the revelations
Reading this just makes me more excited.

But I can't spoil. Only on the 5th dungeon. I do have a theory that would be amazing if true but it likely won't happen:
the shadow world actually gets exposed to the world. That would really change up Persona 6 since they all take place in the same universe. Also in the flashforwards Joker was fighting shadows before getting arrested so I suspect the prison is a palace. But you actually get a social link with Sae so Inguess not. In addition I suspect Goro was the origianl protagnist but betrayed Igor.

The story has alot of potential, but no matter how it ends I will enjoy it until the very end.

I like Ryuji's but I still prefer the original. The rest? Not so much, especially Haru's. Haven't seen Morgana's yet though.

The original designs being based on various vigilantes is such a unique concept and refreshingly deviant, and obviously fits perfectly with the game's themes. Having their evolved Personas going back to being based on the usual demons feels like such a step back, and the designs really don't help here. I reeeaaallly like the original forms.

I think the only awesome evolved personas were the ones from the P3 cast. In most cases I prefer the originals.

Xeteh

Heirophant rank 8:
How do I do the Money Grubbing Uncle request? I'm down in Momentos but its not showing up. I know Futaba wanted to go alone but I'm not sure how to trigger it.

ramyeon

The DLC is out here and although I love the nostalgia I think I'll pass. The price is pretty steep and the designs of the characters and their Phantom Thief outfits are just too good.

nOoblet16

Uh this one dungeon
Okumura's Palace
is irredeemable now, just keeps getting worse

"You got X seconds to make a run for this thing"
*Makes a run for it and gets ambushed*
*Enemy chain combos me to death before my turn even begins*

Lost like 30 mins of play time because of this stupid shit and lost it to low level enemies nonetheless. Could not have seen this coming.

Gala

A question regarding the final dungeon in the game:
I found the cleaner, killed him and now I'm confronted by Akechi without my party pretty much low on health and sp. I managed to beat white Akechi, but the black one is destroying me now. Did I overlook a way to save after the cleaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom