• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

A question regarding the final dungeon in the game:
I found the cleaner, killed him and now I'm confronted by Akechi without my party pretty much low on health and sp. I managed to beat white Akechi, but the black one is destroying me now. Did I overlook a way to save after the cleaner?

Nope.

Ok, have to say the asking students questions in the middle is June section is lame since whenever you get the answer someone texts you and is like "hey any luck? Well here's what I found out which is what you deduced with Morgana 10 seconds ago."

Polydeuces to Caesar was like night and day.

Io was better than Isis, though, but yeah, P3's evolved personas were pretty awesome.

Also Thanatos is one of the best Personas ever made.

A question regarding the final dungeon in the game:
I found the cleaner, killed him and now I'm confronted by Akechi without my party pretty much low on health and sp. I managed to beat white Akechi, but the black one is destroying me now. Did I overlook a way to save after the cleaner?

No, that's how you're supposed do that part.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Heirophant rank 8:
How do I do the Money Grubbing Uncle request? I'm down in Momentos but its not showing up. I know Futaba wanted to go alone but I'm not sure how to trigger it.

Talk to her outside of Leblanc.

Is there any significance to the blocks in people's names?

If you write them down from the start of the game to the end of the game it spells out:
Be Sure to Drink Your Ovaltine

ryechu

Uh this one dungeon
Okumura's Palace
is irredeemable now, just keeps getting worse

"You got X seconds to make a run for this thing"
*Makes a run for it and gets ambushed*
*Enemy chain combos me to death before my turn even begins*

Lost like 30 mins of play time because of this stupid shit and lost it to low level enemies nonetheless. Could not have seen this coming.

Thanks for the warning, ill craft one of those stealth items.

OrionX

Ugh. That's the second time I've left the game idling in Mementos and forgot to pause, only to come back and find my party getting screwed by
the Reaper.

Man, I know people hate Morgana but

9/6 Spoilers
after Futaba joins I feel so bad for Morgana feeling useless and depressed and redundant. Like his spot has been taken and he can't even be friends with everyone normally since he's a cat

Uh this one dungeon
Okumura's Palace

Lost like 30 mins of play time because of this stupid shit and lost it to low level enemies nonetheless. Could not have seen this coming.

The funny thing is that he started out being very likeable. His childish antics just gets more grating since everyone else expect him matures/develops over the course of the game.

Palace 5 sucks.

Glad I'm not alone. IDK what happened here. Palaces 1-4 were all great and then the quality of this one just took a huge nose dive. It's like they decide to make the most annoying/time consuming/un fun gameplay mechanics they could find and roll up into one.

Not to mention the music, aesthetic, and plot line of it is very meh as well.

how do I get these 20th anniversary themes

I want my ps4 to play "life will change" when it turns on

The 20th anniversary theme its been on the ps store for free for a while now.

Thanks for the heads up, but the only one I found had the velvet room theme (without singing). I take it the other three or so 20th anniversary themes are exclusive to the special edition in Japan?

9/6 Spoilers
after Futaba joins I feel so bad for Morgana feeling useless and depressed and redundant. Like his spot has been taken and he can't even be friends with everyone normally since he's a cat

I like Morgana, he's my cat bro. I don't really mind his "go to sleep" shtick because I know they would have stuck it in there some way anyway.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I find it interesting how the protagonist straight up talks in cutscenes.

I thought his "See ya!" in the intro was a one time thing but he does it several more times later on.

Early on it definitely does feel OP. But higher tier skills start costing more and more SP and it starts feeling less and less broken as time goes on IMO.

It felt goddamn necessary during the final boss for me, especially since
you'll probably already be down on sp from the lead up to it

silva1991

Uh this one dungeon
Okumura's Palace

lol.

Not a fan of that mechanic either, but It would have helped if you beat the enemies first.

bryt

Early on it definitely does feel OP. But higher tier skills start costing more and more SP and it starts feeling less and less broken as time goes on IMO.

I think it's broken if you don't use SP skills. Mostly swift strike with Ryuji/MC. Use HP to do damage and heal with SP.

ramyeon

I'm not gonna highlight/quote that since I haven't beaten the game yet.

But it doesn't feel as OP when you're not recovering more SP than you're using every turn anymore.

9/6 Spoilers
Yeah Morgana is one of the best of the cast imo

I'm not gonna highlight/quote that since I haven't beaten the game yet.

But it doesn't feel as OP when you're not recovering more SP than you're using every turn anymore.

My spoiler was extremely minor imo, only spoiler tagged it to be careful. It's a pretty minor gameplay related detail imo

Giolon

For the record, personas are auto-registered when you get their masks. You only need to register them again if you level them further and want to save that progress.

I verified that if you get a Persona mask but are full on Personas, and you choose to delete the mask, you do not get that persona registered even though Morgana will comment that you did during the post-battle screen.

9/6 Spoilers

Well, let's be real here, the mass isn't always right. It seemed like everyone was praising a certain character earlier in this thread. That character has now become the only character I dislike strongly.

Morgana deserves better. As for people who complain about the cat telling them to go to sleep, just press the damn X button and shut up. It takes like a fraction of a second to skip that text.

I like Morgana, he's my cat bro. I don't really mind his "go to sleep" shtick because I know they would have stuck it in there some way anyway.

Yeah Morgana is one of the best of the cast imo

Yah, honestly I'm unsure what people were expecting. "I wanted an open world to do whatever I want!"

It's a Japanese RPG, specifically Persona. That was never gonna happen. You're gonna get a Visual Novel dungeon crawler with some life sim elements. That's the series.

Man, they sure do like sticking Ann in swimsuits. I'm not complaining but...yeah

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
officially finished the first "case", the days seem to be going at a lightspeed pace (doesnt the game end in december? im already in may) and I feel I've barely done anything, its weird. Not story wise but all the social link stuff and whatnot. With so much to do and all taking 1 day to do it, it just feels strange, I guess its just a Persona thing.

Hell I dont think I even got
Ann
as a confidant yet, or was it automatic when she joined? Either way I certainly didnt have any chances to raise it with her, much less romance her.

I'm 14 hours in and everybody says its 80-100 so im not too worried, but it feels im rushing when Im really trying not to.

I also only found 2 confidants outside the main cast, the
leblanc guy
and the
doctor lady
, was I supposed to have more at this point?

game is stressful lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom