• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiK

OMG, I should've done the Confidant
Hifune sooner. The ability to swap party members in battle was what I wanted lol

JJShadow

Is normal for Sojiro's link to take so long to rank up? Every time I decide to spend time with him I only get 1 social link point, and this is trying to go from rank 2 to 3

Xeteh

You can work out
how many story events and twists is left in the game based on the available time left

[In any case, I'm glad I got the game early and finished it. Feel free to ask leading questions that people have put into spoilers before.

I actually have a question.

End game spoilers, no peeking:
I'm in Shido's Palace and I was urged to continue spending time with friends, I assume it works just like the previous Palaces and if I were to finish it early all that time until the deadline would still be free for hanging out but I'm not sure. Would I be missing out if I finished his Palace asap?

Totakeke

I'm in Shido's Palace and I was urged to continue spending time with friends, I assume it works just like the previous Palaces and if I were to finish it early all that time until the deadline would still be free for hanging out but I'm not sure. Would I be missing out if I finished his Palace asap?

Nah you don't lose out any time by finishing palaces earlier

No. In fact some confidants can't be progressed until you've cleared his palace

Qurupeke

I really loved the 4th Palace, coming after the 3rd one, it was several steps up. It didn't felt extremely long, it had a nice story, the boss fight was cool and it generally was more fun than frustrating. The (enemy name)
Anubis
and their 1hko were a bit annoying at first but thankfully I didn't have any problem with them other than the start. I kind of dislike that it's a game over when Joker is defeated but the party is still okay, it kind of makes me to prioritize his defense, even if I mostly use him for weakness scouting and healing.

And her rank was at 6.....

:(

Wow, that's just...brutal. If it makes you feel any better, you can say you got as far as you have without resorting to any accessories for help. You should feel a sense of achievement.

I went for the longest time without continuing that confidante before I realized that's how I'd get these SP regen accessories. Then I just focused all my time for a few in-game weeks to get them.

silva1991

When you fight one of the powerful shadows late in the game and ask for an item and you get...... soul drop(restores only 10 SP)

tenor.gif

Where do buy that SP accessory?

At the beginning of the game, you're introduced to Takemi (Doctor that wears punk clothes). If you just fast travel or go to the Clinic in your neighborhood, you can start a story to build your relationship with her. When you get her to level 5, she starts selling more accessories, among these are SP Regen 1, 2, and 3. It costs Y100,000 for SP Regen 3. But if you increase the social link level to 7 with her, she gives a 50% discount on the SP Regen 3 and everything else in the clinic store.

Note, you need Guts to be at level 2 in order to start her story.

Props to Benjamin Franklin for bringing coherent lyrics to modern Persona music. The real MVPs.

It's a shame there's not that many vocal songs compared to persona 4. Does make me appreciate when the vocals do drop. Shame I can't YouTube them because god knows I will find a spoiler in the recommendation videos.

I can't stop thinking about this game. I need to finish work and just go home and play. Anyone else out there feeling the same at school/work/whatever?

So I'm somewhere around 4/18, wondering if someone can help me figure out how to start a confidant path.

Not even really spoilers at all but I'll put in the tag to protect those who're very sensitive to spoilers:

So there is that guy going on saying that the politicians are corrupt in the central Shibuya Square area, and he said that he has a speech he is doing during the night and Morgana says we'd have to get permission from "the chief" so I thought he meant Sojiro but I guess not? How do I go to this speech?

It's kinda funny but...I think I've bought weapons and armor once during the 2nd palace? If you use abilities and weaknesses appropriately you can get by fine and save your money that way. It does add a bit of a challenge but nothing bad. I'm still managing to not wipe as well as take care of enemies quickly.

Except one of the Mementos request bosses, holy shit that kinda came out of nowhere.

I can't stop thinking about this game. I need to finish work and just go home and play. Anyone else out there feeling the same at school/work/whatever?

Yes, im living through this thread till i get home.

So I'm somewhere around 4/18, wondering if someone can help me figure out how to start a confidant path.

Not even really spoilers at all but I'll put in the tag to protect those who're very sensitive to spoilers:

So there is that guy going on saying that the politicians are corrupt in the central Shibuya Square area, and he said that he has a speech he is doing during the night and Morgana says we'd have to get permission from "the chief" so I thought he meant Sojiro but I guess not? How do I go to this speech?

Do the beef bowl job 2 times to get his social link started.

Cess007

At the beginning of the game, you're introduced to Takemi (Doctor that wears punk clothes). If you just fast travel or go to the Clinic in your neighborhood, you can start a story to build your relationship with her. When you get her to level 5, she starts selling more accessories, among these are SP Regen 1, 2, and 3. It costs Y100,000 for SP Regen 3. But if you increase the social link level to 7 with her, she gives a 50% discount on the SP Regen 3 and everything else in the clinic store.

Note, you need Guts to be at level 2 in order to start her story.

I asked about this some pages ago, but never got an answer. Time to get get some Guts!

Feel the same. I settled for listening to the OST until I get home :(

Domstercool

Imagine having a week off, hitting 100 hours and then having to go to work. I had to do that today. I'm back on it now and I think I'm right at the end. :3 :3 :3

Ydelnae

Later in the story Sojiro will let you explore the city at night. Then you will have to work part-time at the Beef Bowl restaurant at leas two times before you can help him with his speeches.

Sun Arcana Path
Yoshida's path is a difficult one. I accidentally got him by starting a part-time job at the Beef Bowl fast food place. He comes in as a customer the first night I worked. Then you meet him again at the square and you start his path. In order to work at the Beef Bowl place, you need to go to the Shibuya Underground Walkway area (fast travel there), and then read one of the news papers on the racks against the wall to choose the part-time job.

Guide for Confidant/Social Links

pixxxelz

Just keep playing he'll give you permission eventually, you can go after
he give you the keys to the store.

HMD

It's kinda funny but...I think I've bought weapons and armor once during the 2nd palace? If you use abilities and weaknesses appropriately you can get by fine and save your money that way. It does add a bit of a challenge but nothing bad. I'm still managing to not wipe as well as take care of enemies quickly.

Except one of the Mementos request bosses, holy shit that kinda came out of nowhere.

Money is extremely easy to get, just "Confuse" Memento bosses for infinite money.

for this specific one you'll have to wait until you get access to going out at night from Sojiro. I think it's in a few more days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom