• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
For Persona confidant boost do you need to have them equipped or just in your active roster?

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I honestly want to romance every one of these girls. They're all great. Don't make me choose.

HMD

So in order to fully max all confidants in my first playthrough I'll need to abuse Fortune's luck readings correct?

Zafir

No. I mean Futaba and Mishima won't hang out with you at all while the mission is ongoing for whatever reason. Possibly others too

That's not entirely correct.

I'm at
Shido's dungeon but haven't gone in to finish it
, and I could get up Futaba's. Mishima may be correct, I haven't seen him listed at all any where on the map. However, I already had him maxed.

Nameless

I've been playing RPGs for a damn long time and don't think I've ever been crippled with indecision like this before. What to buy, who to hang out with, when to do this, how to do that. Arrrgghh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
When it says the bond wint deepen just yet I should still do it right, it just means it wont rank up?

Do the beef bowl job 2 times to get his social link started.

Later in the story Sojiro will let you explore the city at night. Then you will have to work part-time at the Beef Bowl restaurant at leas two times before you can help him with his speeches.

Sun Arcana Path
Yoshida's path is a difficult one. I accidentally got him by starting a part-time job at the Beef Bowl fast food place. He comes in as a customer the first night I worked. Then you meet him again at the square and you start his path. In order to work at the Beef Bowl place, you need to go to the Shibuya Underground Walkway area (fast travel there), and then read one of the news papers on the racks against the wall to choose the part-time job.

Guide for Confidant/Social Links

Just keep playing he'll give you permission eventually, you can go after
he give you the keys to the store.

for this specific one you'll have to wait until you get access to going out at night from Sojiro. I think it's in a few more days.

Alright thanks for the help everyone. Totally weird how
the way he talks about his speech makes it seem like you should be able to show up that very night
, but that's no big deal. I can already sense I will not like how much
Morgana restricts
activities, but that settles down with time, right? The game is great regardless, had to finish at 3:30am last "night". I wish I could play it instead of studying, oh well.

mike6467

Money is extremely easy to get, just "Confuse" Memento bosses for infinite money.

I can't bring myself to do this. I know it doesn't make the game a complete cakewalk, but it's like running into a corner in Elder Scrolls and taping down the key to max out your athletics. Yeah, you can do it, but come on :p

StoneFox

When it says the bond wint deepen just yet I should still do it right, it just means it wont rank up?
If you can't think of anything else to get done that day, then do it. It will boost your points towards a rank up. Usually one or two runs of these "hang out times" will equal a rank up.

If someone could clarify an aspect about the Hierophant confidant for me that would be fantastic.

Is it rank 3 to 4 or rank 4 to 5 that cannot be advanced until Futaba joins the group?

Persona 5 has taught me to go to sleep early to be mentally prepared for events that will take place next week.

You have something to do tomorrow afternoon, don't you think you should go to bed early to be well rested for a long day of apparently doing nothing until then? :3

Rhaknar

Coffee at the diner only gives 1 point in Guts :/

Is there no faster way? Stressing out over all these things I need to raise and they go so slowly and you can only do one per day.

Opa-Pa

Is there no faster way? Stressing out over all these things I need to raise and they go so slowly and you can only do one per day.

The burger challenge at Big Bang Burger at night gives more. Not sure if 2 or 3.

kagamin

Reached the treasure of the 4th Palace.

These palaces are starting to get longer and longer huh lol

The length varies, it took me the longest to get through the 4th one, and I'm doing all of the palaces in the fewest amount of days possible, I was literally empty on TP on several of my characters when I secured my route for that one. :p

Toki767

The length varies, it took me the longest to get through the 4th one, and I'm doing all of the palaces in the fewest amount of days possible, I was literally empty on TP on several of my characters when I secured my route for that one. :p

I've done all the Palaces in one go so far. The 4th Palace took me like
2-3 hours
to reach the treasure though.

The SP Invigorate 3 accessory has made getting through the 4th Palace a breeze where as when I didn't have it for the 3rd Palace, I was at 0 SP for all of my characters by the end.

Bigbang burger challenge gives more I think. Just checked, failing the first challenge gives +1 guts, but failing the second and higher challenges grants more.
Reading books and watching DVDs (be really careful of those rental fees).
There's a video game that gives +2 guts each time as well.

Shouta

Bigbang burger challenge gives more I think. Just checked, failing the first challenge gives +1 guts, but failing the second and higher challenges grants more.
Reading books and watching DVDs (be really careful of those rental fees).
There's a video game that gives +2 guts each time as well.

The bar you can work at gives quite a few points if you talk to the scary looking guy, apparently.

Rhaknar

Oh the movie theater gave me 3 points in guts which ranked me up woot

I cant go to shibuya at night tho

I think you can do it during the day, it just costs 1200 yen instead of 500. If you're early on in the game before you can roam at night you may not be not skilled up enough to pass the first challenge, though.

Persona 5 taught me I have synesthesia. Didn't know there was a label for it, but I write music and I associate notes with color. Kinda neat.

Really? That's cool, I've always wondered what it would be like to have synesthesia.
A lot of the trivia during classes is actually pretty interesting, and of course now I want to read stuff like Goemon and the Arsene Lupin books

Toki767

Ugh

To grind for 2 hours or more, or pay 200K(or much more) to make Personas higher than my level

Decisions, decisions .

I mean...when you consider that your MC's level means nothing if you have that ability, it seems like a no brainer if you have the cash.

silva1991

I mean...when you consider that your MC's level means nothing if you have that ability, it seems like a no brainer if you have the cash.

Not only making those personas cost alot of money, but also the many personas I will be summoning to create them.

I might end up paying over 500K when all said and done.

Pejo

How do you get jobs in this game? I got a notice that I should get one from the cat, but I never found out how to actually do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom