• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That bad huh? At least it's not like it can be any worse than the P3 beach scene.
I was expecting the reaction to be overblown, but WOW it was startling how tone deaf it is -- even compared to the most c-tier contemporary anime, much less a series that gave us Kanji.

All in all its only 20 awkward seconds at most, but it's just baffling how that ended up a scene someone felt was worth including.

For one of the enemies the 5th palace

I noticed Black Ooze doesn't have any attack skills beyond the basic attack so I decided to abuse that to recover SP with the the SP reg accessory, then I saw that the enemy always summons a new Black Ooze. I could easily have that battle never end on auto, right? I got like 1k exp and a bunch of money after like 5 mins of regenerating my SP and having the fight on auto. There's even an Arahabki in the dungeon that I could use to repel their physical attacks. Hunger might be slow things down though, or make sure I don't end up killing them even though they already resist physical lol.

How long did it take you guys to finish the 4th palace, Ive finished the others in lile 1 or 2 days for story blocks. I feel like this one os actually kind of hatd for some reason. Haven't had any problems with the others. Playing on normal.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to see where people that want to hang out are on the actual map of an area? I see the blue cards on the district map, but I went all over the district and couldn't find anyone.

massoluk

Banned
Ended up farming a confused Mementos boss, left Mementos with 600k. Proceeded to completely spent it all the next days on a decked out party. And Maid home laundry and coffee service and visitng Maid cafe, gaming memorabilia and now I'm broke. ahhh so this is Japan life

RPGCrazied

This game is long. Barely started dungeon 4 and closing on 40 hours. I want to finish so I can finally start FF XV.

Am I halfway yet?

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Ryuji is hot garbage and downgrades to steaming pile of idiocy the further the game goes on.

ramyeon

This game is long. Barely started dungeon 4 and closing on 40 hours. I want to finish so I can finally start FF XV.

Am I halfway yet?
hztcnioeanhhk0hpny2rkmoua.gif

RPGCrazied

I am guys! :p I am doing everything, talking to every person, hanging out with everyone. I literally don't do a palace until the very last second of a month. Don't forget doing memento's requests.

Moaradin

Am I halfway yet?

I just finished the second dungeon and I have over 30 hours already. Granted, I probably have a couple idle hours, but I'm still surprised by how much longer it's taking me to get through the same stuff compared to most people.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
No way. The P5MC is objectively smart.

I know what they're talking about. A lot of the dialogue choices give you the option of playing a guy that literally never pays attention to the world around him.

Which I definitely did. So my MC was a bit dim, or unrelentingly sarcastic.

Capra

So um... Does anyone here know about the stock situation for this game at this point? My Amazon pre-order was supposed to ship today and now the store page says "ships in 1 to 2 months" so I'm thinking I might have gotten fucked.

Out of curiosity what happens if you don't finish a palace in time? Also I find dvds annoying...it seems I never have time to watch them before they are late. Maybe it is just where I am at in the game not allowing time for that.

Moaradin

People should actually do the opposite;

Do the Palace as soon as possible so that you can goof off the rest of the time.

That's how I always play these games. Try to do the dungeons as early as I can and do it in the fewest amount of days possible.

I really hope the game starts giving you more freedom though. The first couple dungeons have required 4 days minimal to complete.

People should actually do the opposite;

Do the Palace as soon as possible so that you can goof off the rest of the time.
I don't know man, after the events of the
5th
Palace, I couldn't concentrate on the free time I had. It was the first time I wanted to be done with it so I could see where the story was heading.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Out of curiosity what happens if you don't finish a palace in time? Also I find dvds annoying...it seems I never have time to watch them before they are late.

If you don't finish the palace before the end date it's a Game Over.

I bounced off p3 and p4 for whatever reason. About 16 hours into p5 and really enjoying it. The music and presentation are carrying me through the slower bits.

ramyeon

Can we all take a moment to reflect on how fucking cool (3rd Palace spoilers)
Makoto's Persona awakening scene was? Like holy shit. I wasn't sold on the motorbike Persona from the teasers before release but I'm all in now.

About half way through that Palace now (I think) and I'm enjoying it - seems like it could have been a bit of a wall for some players if they came in unprepared.

Opa-Pa

I promised I'd do the 4th dungeon right away after finishing the 3rd with only one day left but I've had confidant rank ups literally every single day for more than a week now, holy hell.

For sure, but it's gonna have a different director; dude said it was his last or at least he wouldn't be on the next one.

Wow I knew he wasn't available, but had no idea he said this was his last...

Atlus, snatch Tadashi from Furyu already. GO TO CLAIM HIM BAAAAACK. IT'S TIIIME.

LotusHD

Banned
People finally starting to get it.

Slowly but surely, I too am starting to see why people dislike him. So loud...

But he literally just spilled his guts to me, so I still overall like him for now.

Am I halfway yet?

Should've been done that, game gonna pale in comparison now :p

I promised I'd do the 4th dungeon right away after finishing the 3rd with only one day left but I've had confidant rank ups literally every single day for more than a week now, holy hell.

Wow I knew he wasn't available, but had no idea he said this was his last...

Atlus, snatch Tadashi from Furyu already. GO TO CLAIM HIM BAAAAACK. IT'S TIIIME.

I might be wrong, I'm just kinda throwing out what I heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom