• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT| Lupin The Fifth. Label spoilers properly! (see post #4621)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

You can get it around the 3rd palace (I believe). The game is like
"hey there's this girl at the church, you should check it out!"

Keep in mind there's a charm requirement of like 3 I think?

So does it turn it like FF X? That would be awesome. Love to use everyone, but it so hard to swap them out since you can only do it before you enter into a dungeon.

LotusHD

Banned
How do y'all feel about the situations that they give us in order to create deadlines for tackling the palaces? They feel natural or nah?

Damn, I've gotten 5 classroom questions wrong in a row :(

Sucks missing out on those free points. But seriously... dreams in black and white? Only three pools of gold? Hard to believe. Well damn, I'm getting an education here.

Heh, use the network feature to cheat

Jiraiza

HkzjRf6.jpg

Is this a bug? Haha. Fucking Ryuji.

It's best to have every element covered and I like to run with two healers (not including myself) but I honestly don't think that it matters much.

Dammit.
I just wasted two days @ the last palace I was at then (1 day for unlocking unopened chests + 1 day to send out the calling card). Oh well.

I mean, the only way to not cover every element is to not have a good variety of persona, since each party member specializes in their own element anyways. I'd also add that I think everyone should use either Morgana or Makoto if not both for their full party heals since healing with the protagonist feels like a waste to me if you can avoid it

massoluk

Banned
Very first day:
I just started the game so perhaps I'm missing something or its revealed later... but why does everyone I meet hate me for saving a woman? I thought maybe people were misunderstanding what happened but the guy taking care of me recounted the events and still gave me shit about it... It seems really strange. I dont think most people would react negatively to me saving a woman being harassed like that
It will be expanded later and it actually has sound logics. I felt the same when I started

Getting really frustrated dying in battles from my characters missing attacks...a lot.

Lmao. First attack after I post. "MISS" Fuck you, game. Gettin grumpy.

Another one!!! Holy moly. Same fight.

Damn, I've gotten 5 classroom questions wrong in a row :(

Sucks missing out on those free points. But seriously... dreams in black and white? Only three pools of gold? Hard to believe. Well damn, I'm getting an education here.
just use the network feature by pressing the touchpad. The correct answer is always the one with the most votes

How do y'all feel about the situations that they give us in order to create deadlines for tackling the palaces? They feel natural or nah?
Some are a bit silly. In P4 you had the same goal to rescue everyone before the due date otherwise they die so it was refreshing to see them coming up with excuses for each story this time around.
By the way, does this game have a new game plus? Love it if it kept your confidant levels.
Confidant levels are not transferred to new game plus.

Some are a bit silly. In P4 you had the same goal to rescue everyone before the due date otherwise they die so it was refreshing to see them coming up with excuses for each story this time around.

Confidant levels are not transferred to new game plus.

That said, social stat levels are transferred and so it's still much easier to max them all out in ng+

Mailbox

I'm on the 3rd dungeon (apparently close to the treasure). I didn't expect this arc to be so much more serious than the previous 2.
Literally going from sexual assault + child abuse, then counterfeiting and plagiarism, to now drug running and the mafia is... a big jump

I like the dungeon, music is really bizarre but catchy.

By the way, does this game have a new game plus? Love it if it kept your confidant levels.

If its anything like past persona games:
Yes, it will have a NG+, but no you won't keep your confidant levels. iirc Stuff like your social stats (like charm, guts, etc) and the compendium should go over.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I reload a save ten times in order to fuse Ame-no-Uzume with Dodge Psy via the gallows.
It finally happens.
-brief power failure-
Well, fuck.

Do you know that it's not actually random? It's based on the position of the skills in the Persona whose skill you wish to transfer.

So does it turn it like FF X? That would be awesome. Love to use everyone, but it so hard to swap them out since you can only do it before you enter into a dungeon.

This is not true at all. You can also swap in Safe Rooms, and even during the dungeons themselves.

BouncyFrag

I love the batting cages. I think I'm near the end of the first dungeon. I haven't been hooked on a game like this in ages. So happy.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do you fight that enemy in dungeon 5 that keeps casting a magic wall on itself and has a auto-physical wall? Name is A
wakened God

Heh, use the network feature to cheat

I think they're a bit goofy but I like them. I'm pretty sure (2nd palace spoilers)
the "nude painting" one is kind of making fun of the whole thing.

How do you fight that enemy in dungeon 5 that keeps casting a magic wall on itself and has a auto-physical wall? Name is A
wakened God

either you use almighty skills like megido, or you just suck it up and use magic to dispel the wall and then cast more spells before he can reup it

Rozart

I'm only at the 3rd dungeon but I think the reasons that the game gives for the deadlines are fine.

I'm at the end of the second dungeon and I've yet to buy a single weapon. Should I? Or can I just find stuff in dungeons?

I've only bought weapons for Yusuke and the MC so far. I've gotten the rest of their weapons from the Mementos. Still have yet to buy any of them any new guns.

I mean, the only way to not cover every element is to not have a good variety of persona, since each party member specializes in their own element anyways. I'd also add that I think everyone should use either Morgana or Makoto if not both for their full party heals since healing with the protagonist feels like a waste to me if you can avoid it

Yup, they're my two main healers as well.

Sort of off topic, but how similar is this game's voice work and dialogue to Catherine?

I just started Catherine for the first time tonight and the dialogue is phenomenal. Some of the best I've seen in a Japanese game.

Does P5 do a good job with this? Playing Catherine has been such a treat (but fuck those block puzzles, no thank you)

Zolo

I definitely prefer the party dynamics to this game than the previous one so far. I think a large part of that's because it feels there's less protagonist worship going on than usual imo. Like...if this were P4, it feels like Morgana would constantly talk about how awesome you are rather than being willing to poke fun at you.

6/18
You want someone who suffered abuse from Kamoshida? How about Ryuji who is RIGHT OUTSIDE!
?

Sort of off topic, but how similar is this game's voice work and dialogue to Catherine?

I just started Catherine for the first time tonight and the dialogue is phenomenal. Some of the best I've seen in a Japanese game.

Does P5 do a good job with this? Playing Catherine has been such a treat (but fuck those block puzzles, no thank you)

My man, Catherine is an amazing game. Also definitely play on Easy in regards to the puzzles.

Voice work is probably on par. I would probably give the edge to Catherine but I still have plenty of characters to meet. Ryuji might be one of the best vocal performances I've ever experienced though.

Oh my god, the
Neko Shogun
persona is the cutest! I will never fuse you,
Neko Shogun

Do you know that it's not actually random? It's based on the position of the skills in the Persona whose skill you wish to transfer.

Not sure I understand. How come it happened after a few reloads if it wasn't random, then?

Futaba is amazing and voiced by Erica of all ppl.

Futaba English voice is kinda off, a bit too mature for her appearance. Is it like that in the Japanese voice as well?

From what I've seen, she's the one who bear the loli character role in the game. Obviously not the 'uguuu' type, but still a loli.

Fuuuck this game. Taking a break before I snap this shit in half. Just got one hit killed, my entire party, from 1 bad guy in 1st Palace. There goes my last 30 minutes.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Not sure I understand. How come it happened after a few reloads if it wasn't random, then?

You can basically manipulate the system to ensure that you receive the skills that you want by rearranging the location of the skills on the strengthening Persona.

Well, at least that is my conclusion after basically testing it and receiving the same result 100% of the time multiple times when trying to impart Dekaja on Neko Shogun.

You can basically manipulate the system to ensure that you receive the skills that you want by rearranging the location of the skills on the strengthening Persona.

Well, at least that is my conclusion after basically testing it and receiving the same result 100% of the time multiple times when trying to impart Dekaja on Neko Shogun.

Interesting. I'll definitely give it a shot for my next fusion request.

molnizzle

Becky social link question

How do I get to make lockpicks in class? I've unlocked the "free time" ability but I never get the option to do it.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeeep. That's the one. At least I'm not alone.,

Lol, it's basically a tradition that depends on your luck you can get one-shotted in SMT/Persona games.

Becky social link question

How do I get to make lockpicks in class? I've unlocked the "free time" ability but I never get the option to do it.

Do you not see the option of "making tools" during the times when she called the teacher in class using the PA system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom